Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cowboy.
    • By Cowboy. 28th Nov 17, 2:10 PM
    • 51Posts
    • 35Thanks
    Cowboy.
    Currys Refund: A reason that works to get a refund on a tablet?
    • 28th Nov 17, 2:10 PM
    Currys Refund: A reason that works to get a refund on a tablet? 28th Nov 17 at 2:10 PM
    Hi all,

What is a general reason that works to get a refund on a tablet product from Currys?

I recently bought it but realised apps like Whatsapp don't work on it.

I have already opened it, it's only a few hours old and no damage and still have the original box etc.
Page 2
    • ididntgetwhereiamtoday
    • By ididntgetwhereiamtoday 29th Nov 17, 2:50 PM
    • 1,116 Posts
    • 872 Thanks
    ididntgetwhereiamtoday
    You wouldn!!!8217;t get a refund from a decent retailer. You!!!8217;ve got no chance with that bunch of shysters.
    I didn't get where i am today by not reading moneysavingexpert.com
    • societys child
    • By societys child 29th Nov 17, 5:23 PM
    • 5,197 Posts
    • 5,734 Thanks
    societys child
    If bought in store and been used, they could decline a return.

• Robisere
    • By Robisere 29th Nov 17, 5:36 PM
    • 2,240 Posts
    • 3,052 Thanks
    Robisere
    Purchasing mistakes. Like mistakes in general, we have all made them. Some remember their own mistakes and allow for those made by others.

And some are not so tolerant. They are the Perfect Ones.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
    • zagubov
    • By zagubov 30th Nov 17, 8:46 AM
    • 15,272 Posts
    • 130,681 Thanks
    zagubov
    Can't you just run Opera Browser on it? It allows you direct access to WhatsApp.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • DoaM
    • By DoaM 30th Nov 17, 8:59 AM
    • 4,284 Posts
    • 4,330 Thanks
    DoaM
    ANY browser that enables a Desktop Site view allows direct access to WhatsApp.

Or are you referring to something different?
    Diary of a madman
    Walk the line again today
    Entries of confusion
    Dear diary, I'm here to stay
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 30th Nov 17, 2:23 PM
    • 16,605 Posts
    • 9,794 Thanks
    motorguy
    Purchasing mistakes. Like mistakes in general, we have all made them. Some remember their own mistakes and allow for those made by others.

And some are not so tolerant. They are the Perfect Ones.
    Originally posted by Robisere
    Yes, and when we do make mistakes we own them and deal with them at our own expense.

We dont try to make up reasons to make it someone elses problem.

Whats the business meant to do with a tablet thats opened and used? Would you be happy buying it as brand new off the shelf with say, the box taped up with cellotape??

I'm wholly intolerant of this Snowflake generation where theres always someone else to blame and noone takes ownership for anything.
    Last edited by motorguy; 30-11-2017 at 2:25 PM.
    "We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem."
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 30th Nov 17, 3:41 PM
    • 9,134 Posts
    • 14,067 Thanks
    worried jim
    A quick Google yields mutliple results on how to install Whatsapp on a tablet.

[ 1 ], [ 2 ], [ 3 ] for example
    Originally posted by DoaM
    Just used this to install on my PC- massive thanks! Another simple way to communicate with friends and family for free.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • kwikbreaks
    • By kwikbreaks 19th Jan 18, 11:51 AM
    • 8,887 Posts
    • 4,441 Thanks
    kwikbreaks
    I've stopped buying from PC world for this very reason. It may be something like you hate a user interface or maybe a fiddly remote neither of which may show up in reviews or specifications. Most other retailers offer no quibble returns and buying online guarantees it although you may have to pay return carriage.
    • RumRat
    • By RumRat 19th Jan 18, 3:21 PM
    • 2,748 Posts
    • 1,570 Thanks
    RumRat
    Spammer reopened the thread....post 28.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
    • kwikbreaks
    • By kwikbreaks 19th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    • 8,887 Posts
    • 4,441 Thanks
    kwikbreaks
    It was a current thread when I replied I guess I didn't notice the spam and it has been removed. Unless deleting the spam doesn't alter the thread position in the queue. Either way my post was genuine and I'd advise others to think twice before buying from Currys/PCW unless 100% certain of suitability.
    • RumRat
    • By RumRat 19th Jan 18, 9:26 PM
    • 2,748 Posts
    • 1,570 Thanks
    RumRat
    It was a current thread when I replied I guess I didn't notice the spam and it has been removed. Unless deleting the spam doesn't alter the thread position in the queue. Either way my post was genuine and I'd advise others to think twice before buying from Currys/PCW unless 100% certain of suitability.
    Originally posted by kwikbreaks
    Sorry KB I wasn't implying that you were to blame for anything.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
    • kwikbreaks
    • By kwikbreaks 19th Jan 18, 10:52 PM
    • 8,887 Posts
    • 4,441 Thanks
    kwikbreaks
    No problem. I should have spotted the spam assuming it was there when I posted but I didn't read the entire thread as I already knew what my answer would be.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

802Posts Today

6,252Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin