IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking charge notice from Civil Enforcement Ltd

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    classix wrote: »
    Thank you. With the previous ticket from Lidl once i contacted ceo they agreed to cancel it and i never contacted the parking company again.
    I have managed to get QDs ceo name and address from Google.:) I'll email today but the ticket here is different to Lidl as QD had a ticket machine in the car park. Although it wasn't working there was an option to pay by phone. This is obviously no good for those who don't have a mobile or only use cash. So I'll have to write my email on the basis of having only cash. Unless you guys think there is something better i should include.
    And i will also send the appeal in using the given template.

now that you have your "serious" hat on your plan is a good one and do not add any text to any appeal or complaint unless you know it does not give the game away

just stick to the tried and tested plans of landowner cancellation and an initial appeal as keeper as the backstop

I think you now understand your options and why we gave them to you to mull over

good luck
  • classix
    classix Posts: 48 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    struggling a bit on how to effectively word the email with regard to the fact that the machine wasn't working but there was an option to phone and pay. Any thoughts appreciated
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just show us what you have
    State that while there was a phone and pay option the driver only had cash / whatever was the truth.
  • classix
    edited 27 November 2017 at 9:16PM
    Options
    This ids what i have come up with

As the registered keeper, the driver has recently recieved a parking charge notice (PCN), reference 0 003 127 287 dated 25/09/17 from CE Ltd relating to my vehicle. This PCN states that the driver did not pay for parking the registered keepers car in the QD car park.

I am very disappointed that as a customer of QD I am being treated in such a way. On parking my car the driver went to pay only to find the pay machine not working. With no way to pay the driver left a note on my dashboard to indicate that they had attempted to pay but was unable to. The driver then went into the QD store to do their shopping.

On previous visits the pay machine has sometimes been working and other times not. When it works payment is made and when it doesn't work a note is left.

We are extremely unhappy with this situation and will certainly reconsider visiting your stores in future if this PCN is not cancelled. A parking charge because a pay machine is not working is very unfair. It also does not justify the excessive parking charge of £90 especially as there were plenty of spaces free

I will also be contacting CE Ltd directly, however I would appreciate confirmation that you will support loyal QD customers by cancelling this PCN.
  • Redx
    Options
    unless you want them all to know who was driving , then the use of the word I should be avoided

the pcn does not state that YOU did not pay for parking the vehicle

it states that THE DRIVER failed to pay for parking

THE DRIVER went to the faulty payment machine

etc

assuming you alter the wording so that nobody can pinpoint who was driving , it seems a reasonable complaint

for example , there could have been 3 people in the vehicle

the driver
    the keeper
    + YOU as the customer of the shop , sitting in the back seat

think about it !!!

the WE part is fine
  • classix
    Options
    Thanks for that redx i will certainly reword it.

Should i mention anything about the option to pay by phone?
  • Redx
    Options
    I wont second guess your complaint wording

the rule of thumb here is

you post your draft

we read and it give critique like I did above

personally I never use the phone to pay for parking so have no experience of it either way
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for that redx i will certainly reword it.
    And you would be wise to reword post #25 similarly.

The private parking companies are known to search forums like this waiting for people to trip themselves up.
  • classix
    Options
    I've amended post 25. Any better?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 November 2017 at 9:22PM
    Options
    I've amended post 25. Any better?
    A bit better, but still not right.

Just read the start of the first sentence again and you should be able to see what is wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure