Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    • 1,534Posts
    • 13,246Thanks
    WannabeFree
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö
    • 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö 21st Nov 17 at 11:04 AM
    Back in May this year I decided things had to change. I turned to here and received an amazing amount of help and advice. Here I am making a fresh start.

Debt 09/05/2017

Council Tax ú2092.71
    Court Fine ú1250
    Court Fine ú200
    Person 1 ú1000
    Person 2 ú1000
    Person 3 ú1379
    Person 4 ú427
    Debt Total ú7348.71

Rent Arrears ú3381.28

Total ú10729.99

*Person 4 ú575
    *New Debt ú732
    *Debt 1 ú387.29
    *Debt 2 ú1451.40
    *Debt 3 ú1137.73
    *EDF ú3140.65

Total ú18154.06

*As more comes out from under the carpet I will update here.
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 21-11-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Page 81
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 12th Mar 18, 9:53 PM
    • 1,534 Posts
    • 13,246 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Thank you, I'm still struggling with the black fog but managing to just keep myself into keeping the smalls happy etc.

We didn't actually 'do' mother's day because I forgot to buy myself cards from them We did make things for their Nan and went to the park for some fresh air though.

Literally focusing on just making it through the day and keeping everyone alive and well kept.

Youngest is on the up still and safe enough to go to School for 2 hours this morning, hopefully the same tomorrow. Taking each day as it comes but while I miss her so much and wish she was home the whole 2 hours she's away. It is nice to get a hot cuppa and a shower without an audience etc.

No more debt payments being made until Friday. Will need a top up shop of fridge items this week.

We are on the countdown to our Easter break. Really hoping the sea air gives me the kick I need to get back on it. Parents evening tomorrow too!

x
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 12th Mar 18, 10:58 PM
    • 1,702 Posts
    • 9,175 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    A very MS mother's day then.

You are doing well getting yourself and the kids through each day, I can see it's an uphill struggle. Not long till Easter now though! Perhaps you could set aside the money you didn't spend on cards and treat yourself to some paper cups of coffee with it? Hugs xx
    MFW #30 Paid off ú1,622.77/ú3770 as of 4/5/18
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 13th Mar 18, 8:40 PM
    • 8,794 Posts
    • 51,401 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    Hope Parents Eve was glowing Xx
    Debts @ LBM ú23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 ú0

NSDs achieved in 2018 26/60
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 13th Mar 18, 8:49 PM
    • 5,732 Posts
    • 37,486 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Glad mini WF is on the up. The sea air and change of scene at Easter will do you all good. When your kiddies have grown up I hope they realise what a fab mum they've got and look after you xx
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 ú250.33
    Debt ú2500
    May NSDs AFDs
    Weight loss 7/10LBS
    Emergency Fund ú2000/ú10,000
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 15th Mar 18, 9:33 AM
    • 1,417 Posts
    • 7,943 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning

*whispers the password to the Blanket Fort*
    I bring Coffee and cake n choccy biccies (OK they're virtual but well meant...)

Hoping you and the wee cheeky crew are doing well.
    Be awesome and happy

(((((HUGS)))))
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 15th Mar 18, 3:58 PM
    • 1,534 Posts
    • 13,246 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Afternoon

Smalls are all happy and well I think well on the road to "recovered" for now!

So where was I when I last checked in.

Parent's evening! Amazing reports for all 3 Made me so proud .. We went to Mr Mcs and spent the best part of ú20 between there and Mr T for a small treat Opps! Mummy goggles took over I think

Yesterday was a quieter day. Youngest had some homework she loved so much I now need to buy the book for at home It's also made me realise we now need a printer rather than want one for ease. It's a bus ride to the library to print there and it's a pain! We are just off to print some homework for DS and this tops the Neediness more than the want.

So still feeling overwhelmed in stuff to do and rather than feeling like treading water... I still feel like I'm sinking! Quick send a life boat

Hope all is well

x
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Mar 18, 4:00 PM
    • 54,023 Posts
    • 214,050 Thanks
    beanielou
    Life boat sent
    I got a printer a wee while back for 30 quid.
    It makes such a difference.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger.
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 15th Mar 18, 4:08 PM
    • 1,534 Posts
    • 13,246 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Thanks Beanie I've seen some on Argos for ú30 and under. I might just have to bite the bullet and do it. It's such a pain dragging all 3 of them at this time because some things don't even have 24 hours notice of needing handed in.
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 15th Mar 18, 4:09 PM
    • 1,417 Posts
    • 7,943 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Check out the charity shops...
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 15th Mar 18, 4:33 PM
    • 1,702 Posts
    • 9,175 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    I got one for my birthday one year... not the prettiest present but it's been used and used!
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 15th Mar 18, 9:06 PM
    • 5,732 Posts
    • 37,486 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Well done to the smalls on their glowing reports All down to you of course
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 ú250.33
    Debt ú2500
    May NSDs AFDs
    Weight loss 7/10LBS
    Emergency Fund ú2000/ú10,000
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 16th Mar 18, 8:48 AM
    • 1,417 Posts
    • 7,943 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    Morning missus

It's Friday YAY!!!

Have a grand day.

Be awesome and happy
    (((((HUGS)))))
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 16th Mar 18, 9:41 AM
    • 1,246 Posts
    • 12,131 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Well done on the school reports. Those wee ones are a credit to you.
    Agree that the printer is more of a need than a want these days what with homework etc. Luckily they've come down in price a lot since we bought ours.
    Have a good weekend.
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 16th Mar 18, 1:43 PM
    • 4,142 Posts
    • 28,153 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Yesterday was 10 months into debt busting.

The only debt's left now are

Council Tax ú2400 (ú1319.12 being 18/19 bill)
    Rent arrears ú2990 (Which nearly half are the court costs so wasn't included in my balance up until these last few weeks)

So actual Debt is less than half of those numbers. All going in the right direction

x
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    I've just caught up with your diary Wannabe . Your debt totals have really come down, well done .

I'm glad the DC all enjoyed their birthdays, what a busy time you've been having . You are amazing to cope with it all and the hospital visits .

I'm lucky our birthdays are all spaced out, although mine is near mothers day, DH's is near fathers day and DS2's is close to Christmas .

I think a printer is a need these days due to school work etc, but you can get good ones quite cheaply these days.
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt in July 2017 = ú58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund. Save for house repairs.
    Emergency Fund 1 = ú560.59/Emergency Fund 2 = ú0.21/Loss of Income Fund ú0
    • RosaBernicia
    • By RosaBernicia 16th Mar 18, 6:14 PM
    • 3,475 Posts
    • 9,235 Thanks
    RosaBernicia
    Congrats on school reports - well done all of you!

It might be worth working out how much you will want to print per month to help with deciding on a printer. I got one for under ú30 a couple of months ago and it has HP 1nstant 1nk which I'd never heard of but seems to be basically PAYG for your cartridge use. Also, Curry5 and T3sco have the cheaper ones so maybe vouchers could come into play?

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... MFW progress 2.3 2.8% 3.1% 3.3%

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 16th Mar 18, 8:11 PM
    • 4,142 Posts
    • 28,153 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Yes the thing to remember with printers is that the ink can be pricey, sometimes more than the price of the printer itself . Choose a printer which has cheap ink refills to save money overall. Some printers will work with cheap generic ink you can order online.
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt in July 2017 = ú58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund. Save for house repairs.
    Emergency Fund 1 = ú560.59/Emergency Fund 2 = ú0.21/Loss of Income Fund ú0
    • earthgirl
    • By earthgirl 17th Mar 18, 10:46 AM
    • 1,992 Posts
    • 22,355 Thanks
    earthgirl
    Great news that everyone is recovering and fan school parents evening reports. Go you!!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (ú220k) Dec 13 - ú116,508 Bought Dream House Dec 14 - ú94, 402 (ú22,106 offset in 2014) Jan 16 - ú67, 852 (ú26,550 offset in 2015) Dec 16 - ú33,529 ( ú34,323offset in 2016)
    Jan 17 - ú39, 773 (Re-estimation of endowments )
    Sept 17 ú22,619 Jan 18 - ú11,687 Mar 18 -ú8524
    Kids savings 13,578/36k
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 17th Mar 18, 11:33 AM
    • 1,702 Posts
    • 9,175 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    Another possibility for printers is to get the bottles of ink and refill cartridges yourself. It needs a steady hand but it worked fine for me with our previous printer. I haven't yet worked out if I can do it with the current one.

How are you W? And the children? I hope the weather isn't being too hard on you or if it is that you can all snuggle under a duvet on the sofa and watch something good on telly. x
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 17th Mar 18, 1:57 PM
    • 6,164 Posts
    • 22,548 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Brilliant news on the school reports WF xx
    Mummytogirls x

ú23164.32 - 12/12/10
    ú5419.83 - 08/04/18 - 76.61% paid off
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 17th Mar 18, 2:33 PM
    • 1,534 Posts
    • 13,246 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Thank you all Printer ú25 from Argos, the ink doesn't look too expensive. I used vouchers from VO so only cost ú5 from the bank.. was going well until I decided to get a laminator too So ú20 spent in Argos yesterday.

Yesterday was my Mum's birthday so spends there too. Was ú45 in Mr T for cake things/flowers and the grocery shop. Will have to work out the amounts, I think about ú20 on groceries for us. Then money into her cards rather than a gift so she can get something while on holiday. I really dislike giving money though. It never feels enough.

Along with paying the bills yesterday it was an expensive kinda day

Everyone around me seemed to enjoy it though and that's important.

We have some homework bits to do today and I have printed some worksheets for youngest matching the book I ordered (which come today another spend yesterday ú4)

We finished making the finger puppets to go with the book and youngest is so excited to play with them.

No more birthdays now. Easter isn't really celebrated in our house. We will be away anyway so I will just get them a small chocolate egg or something while we're away.

Hope everyone is well

x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,667Posts Today

8,343Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin