“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Last Christmas was my first as a single parent so I wanted to do something slightly different, a new tradition of sorts, so we had croissants for breakfast which went down well. I have heard muttering from the teenagers about looking forward to the same this year!

Really like the Christmas beach walk. I have done that on occasion but might need to do that this year.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Enjoy whatever you have planned today WF xx
    Mummytogirls x

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    Being away from home on Christmas day last year we agreed from the start that clearly turkey was impractical - anyway I'm not doing a roast for a special meal like that in an unfamiliar oven, so we had steak from the butchers who we know does AMAZING rump, with all the usual christmas dinner trimmings. It was fabulous! Planning more of the same this year. :T croissants for breakfast and a definite winner though and thank you Honeysucklelou you've reminded me what's missing off my shopping list for Saturday! :T

Have a fab final small-free day of the year WF!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Morning luv :D

Have a grand day
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a great day, and in case I don't get on again, Happy Christmas to you all! xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    Options
    Evening :D

Didn't meet friend but did go out and had a coffee :o Totally ready for Xmas now too :D

Hope everyone is well x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Well done. A little bit of relaxation will do you the world of good. Are the wee ones still noisy and excited? My little friend has just been diagnosed with chickenpox. Can you believe it? Just before Christmas. Doesn't seem to have calmed her down any!!!!
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think starting new traditions is absolutely the way to go. We have a few - breakfast was always ignored as the DC wanted to get on with presents so we gave up and now have bagels as brunch. I also moved the meal to the evening which means I can potter in and out of the kitchen to get it ready and we're actually ready to eat it by then.
    My DS2 has picked up the saying 'you do you' and I rather think it applies here.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    Options
    They are very excited still but they are in bed at least :rotfl:

Joey I have plans for breakfast but our Christmas 'lunch' will actually be a Christmas Dinner instead.

It's been nice to have some time just to myself, sat with coffee and 'watching' in town.

House work is done so think it's shower time and will straighten my hair without DD trying to help! Learnt this lesson - the hard way :cool:
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Decorating is complete downstairs :D Finished the little bits that where really annoying me. I'm really tempted to put some wallpaper up in the hallway :rotfl: Just on one wall :cool:

Made changes to the meal plan to fit the smalls requests in. Have started some of the decorations and things for Christmas day breakfast.

We have made snowman soup and reindeer food this evening and made enough to hand out to the small ones that live near by. We need to make Santa plates tomorrow and then bake some things on the weekend. Oh we have crackers to make too! Have to add it to the list so I don't forget.

I'm glad I don't need to visit a shop now until the new year :o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback