Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 10:04 AM
    • 3,488Posts
    • 32,687Thanks
    WannabeFree
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö
    • 21st Nov 17, 10:04 AM
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö 21st Nov 17 at 10:04 AM
    Back in May this year I decided things had to change. I turned to here and received an amazing amount of help and advice. Here I am making a fresh start.

Debt 09/05/2017

Council Tax ú2092.71
    Court Fine ú1250
    Court Fine ú200
    Person 1 ú1000
    Person 2 ú1000
    Person 3 ú1379
    Person 4 ú427
    Debt Total ú7348.71

Rent Arrears ú3381.28

Total ú10729.99

*Person 4 ú575
    *New Debt ú732
    *Debt 1 ú387.29
    *Debt 2 ú1451.40
    *Debt 3 ú1137.73
    *EDF ú3140.65

Total ú18154.06

*As more comes out from under the carpet I will update here.
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 21-11-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Page 271
    • Busy Mee1
    • By Busy Mee1 15th Apr 19, 7:21 PM
    • 864 Posts
    • 4,389 Thanks
    Busy Mee1
    Hey Wannabe. If you cancel the October holiday will you get any money back ? If not wouldn't you be better leaving it on the basis that you will lose the money anyway and you might get your DLA resolved before it needs to be paid. Just a thought.

Sounds like the smalls needed a early night. I think it is fairly standard for kids to get a bit cocky as they move into yr 6....they are at the top of the school and a bit over confident. The move up to secondary school soon sorts them out.
    • SusieT
    • By SusieT 15th Apr 19, 7:38 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 518 Thanks
    SusieT
    I think that if you can get going on the surveys you could get something towards the holiday from them, if its "only" ú50 that you need to pay in May (beginning or end?) you may be able to scrape it together somehow especially with the weather theoretically getting warmer so less heating needed, and the nights being light longer will save electric etc etc. There is no room to cut back but will a anything like the council tax drop for the new year?
    As others have said, if the appeal goes through you could get money backdated plus the tax credits could come back again, so its possible that they would pay for it - and if anyone is in need of a holiday to look forwards to its you and the smalls
    Credit card debt - NIL
    Home improvement loans 41,000 now 30,130 26% paid original finish dates 2025 and 2027
    Mortgage 100,000 now 64,513 35% paid
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 15th Apr 19, 7:48 PM
    • 1,302 Posts
    • 9,548 Thanks
    teafor2
    Things are looking better and it's good to see you're able to start putting some money to one side for things, especially a hospital fund. xx
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 15th Apr 19, 7:48 PM
    • 9,642 Posts
    • 60,190 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    All caught up. Pleased things seem a little brighter than they did a week ago Xx
    Debts @ LBM ú23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 ú0

Best win so far - holiday to Florida
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Apr 19, 7:53 PM
    • 62,577 Posts
    • 270,708 Thanks
    beanielou
    Great news on starting a hospital fund x
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Apr 19, 7:56 PM
    • 62,577 Posts
    • 270,708 Thanks
    beanielou
    Can you speak to the people who supply the nappies & tell them you use more one than 2 1/2 a day for DD2?
    Worth a try? x

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 15th Apr 19, 7:59 PM
    • 1,302 Posts
    • 9,548 Thanks
    teafor2
    Why 2.5 WB? 2 or 3 yes, but the half intrigues me. Do they round up or down? x
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 15th Apr 19, 8:09 PM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 32,687 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    No Busymee I don't get the ú150 back either way. But. I've missed 5 instalments the 18th of this month is the 6th I'll have missed so they will cancel themselves even if I don't do it myself. I was worried there could be fees but I've just had a good look and I don't think there is fees if they cancel I'll just lose the money already paid. So I might just leave it for them to cancel.

I keep asking Beanie. We are stocked up again now if she stays 'well' it will last over 7 weeks. Tea 2.5 is on the basis she gets 2 a day and the half allows for spares. we actually get 224 every 3 months.

x
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.ö
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Apr 19, 8:24 PM
    • 62,577 Posts
    • 270,708 Thanks
    beanielou
    No Busymee I don't get the ú150 back either way. But. I've missed 5 instalments the 18th of this month is the 6th I'll have missed so they will cancel themselves even if I don't do it myself. I was worried there could be fees but I've just had a good look and I don't think there is fees if they cancel I'll just lose the money already paid. So I might just leave it for them to cancel.

I keep asking Beanie. We are stocked up again now if she stays 'well' it will last over 7 weeks. Tea 2.5 is on the basis she gets 2 a day and the half allows for spares. we actually get 224 every 3 months.

x
    Originally posted by WannabeFree

So even if DD2 is well that does not even cover 2 months.
    I would ask someone at the hospital can have a strong word with them. This is not acceptable x

***Keep plodding***
    • RosaBernicia
    • By RosaBernicia 15th Apr 19, 9:00 PM
    • 3,840 Posts
    • 11,477 Thanks
    RosaBernicia
    WF have you looked into cloth nappies? There are local 'libraries' that at trial them for free and hire them at low cost (obviously I don't know whereabouts you are, but a quick Google found at least one area where you can apply for a 'starter pack' worth ú100 for free). Perhaps not suitable all the time but might mean the disposables could be stretched out?
    Debt free May 2016
    MFW progress 6% ...
    Campervan loan progress 20%

• WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 15th Apr 19, 10:01 PM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 32,687 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    I do have some cheapie reusable Rosa. When she's well I use them during the day as to her they don't feel like nappies I will have a look though as if we had a couple more maybe it's something that could be more permanent when she's good and then the disposables for when she's more reliant on them.

Thank you
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.ö
    • jwil
    • By jwil 16th Apr 19, 8:36 AM
    • 10,256 Posts
    • 35,516 Thanks
    jwil
    Glad things are looking brighter, it's a shame about the holiday, but I don't think anyone thinks you shouldn't have one!

I hope you get a bit more from Tax credits now. It's crazy that you have to pay everything back then potentially get it all back again when the DLA is sorted. Why can't they just freeze it all until the final decision is made after any appeals have been done
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 16th Apr 19, 8:36 AM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 32,687 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Good morning

Busy day today and I had a late night! We have an appointment then meeting relatives for a coffee (not a bought coffee )

I will definitely be back with more of an update on things later. I rambled loads yesterday but it made my head feel much clearer.

Hope you all have a lovely day

x
    • UncannyScot
    • By UncannyScot 16th Apr 19, 8:44 AM
    • 1,903 Posts
    • 10,889 Thanks
    UncannyScot
    I find that doing a "brain dump" of what I have running thru my head into my journal really helps to clear my head and helps me to clarify and prioritise things. Helps to make sense of the ramblings, if you know what I mean...

Have a lovely day missus
    My insta seems to have sorted itself out now if you need to contact me for anything ok?
    (((((HUGS)))))
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 16th Apr 19, 10:19 AM
    • 1,302 Posts
    • 9,548 Thanks
    teafor2
    Morning WB Totally agree with US. Getting things out of your head and onto paper can definitely help us make sense of things.

Hope the appointment goes well and that the get together with relatives is a positive one for you and the smalls. xx
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 16th Apr 19, 12:05 PM
    • 9,181 Posts
    • 48,168 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    Spammy comment reported to the forum team!

Afternoon WF -you DO sound a lot brighter! I reckon ring the holiday people, tell them there WILL be a ú50 payment being made to it in May, and ask them for a short extension to let you get sorted on that. You guys really need a holiday, nobody in the world is questioning that apart from you, which means you're the one who's wrong, right?!
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): Stoozing.com SOA Calculator
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 16th Apr 19, 12:21 PM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 32,687 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Quick stop in before we go for our coffee. Appointment went okay. The bigger one is Thursday.

Have called the holiday and May one isn't available anymore anyway. There isn't any adapted accommodation left. To be expected this close as it's school holidays and bank holiday. Need to call them back to discuss October but was called into the appointment and now on our way to meet family so will do that as soon as I am back. My first priority

Thank you for all stopping in back with more later

x
    • milann
    • By milann 16th Apr 19, 1:58 PM
    • 2,404 Posts
    • 12,964 Thanks
    milann
    How many more payments after the May one for the holidays. You all need a holiday.
    • abba1772
    • By abba1772 16th Apr 19, 4:20 PM
    • 5,921 Posts
    • 23,441 Thanks
    abba1772
    I still can't believe the dla fiasco still hasn't been sorted out wannabe.....you have the patience of a saint xx
    NEXT TARGET BARCLAYCARD WAS Jan 19 ú4299 NOW ú0
    POAMAYC 2011 ú6382.66 POAMAYC 2012 ú5000.78
    POAMAYC 2013 ú3480.04 POAMAYC 2014 ú4085.14
    POAMAYC 2015 ú7565.24 POAMAYC 2016 ú8000.90
    POAMAYC 2017 ú7278.80 POAMAYC 2018 ú13039.59
    POAMAYC 2019 ú6429.51
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 16th Apr 19, 6:03 PM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 32,687 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Wow today has been so busy. I didn't get chance to collect youngest's shoes Will definitely have to go tomorrow.

Holiday is sorted So excited! I'm going to make a countdown.

Smalls are in bed - we got home and they had dinner and straight in the bath and bed.

No further forward with tax credits but will call them again in the morning and every morning until they have an update

I have some cleaning to do that I didn't get done this morning and then an earlier night tonight I hope.

Thank you for all your replies

x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

37Posts Today

1,432Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin