“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank you I do check the charity shop when I go past, I've never thought of asking in there though! Primark is a pain to get to. Might see if someone I know is going into town and I can tag along. Never thought of matalan either! It doesn't need to be amazing. After all it's not going to be doing many miles :rotfl:

I know Cumbria, lovely today isn't it! If it snows as predicted next week we might not go :o With youngest already struggling I don't think a caravan in the snow would be a wise idea. However fingers crossed it doesn't! I can't wait to get away and the smalls are so excited. Even youngest!

We have spoken about the holiday and what we'd like to do why we are there. We decided the zoo etc is better in the summer holidays. This holiday will be mainly the free activities (There's plenty of choice with being Easter) Along with the soft play etc that's free. There is a place youngest wants to go and I think it's about £4 each for the smalls, so will try to fit that in. It was well worth it last time and we spent nearly all day in there. I'm looking forward to walks in the fresh air and spending some time with the smalls playing board games and cards etc.

Happy Sunday all :)
    x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your day.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Thank you Beanie you too x

The weather is lovely today :) Might try to nip to Mr L for some washing gel. Maybe not though.

Roast beef is in for dinner and veg ready to go on nearer dinner time.

Smalls have got bacon/sausage/egg for lunch. Really rare they ask for this and weirdly they both asked today :rotfl:

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Morning :D

Happy Monday!

Smalls away to school and youngest has taken herself back to bed. So having a hot cuppa why I have chance :rotfl:

Have emailed the council over the housing benefits and things to see what I need to do.

Didn't go to the supermarket yesterday so was a NSD. Today will also be a NSD as I have no plans to go anywhere. Tomorrow I will need to get some washing gel and some tins for the food bank for DS to take in.

I love how nice the weather has been these last few days. It really lifts the mood and makes me want to get up and clean :o

Hope everyone is well

x
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,100 Forumite
    Options
    Have a good day :) xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope youve had a good day WF xx
    Mummytogirls x

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    It sounds like you had a nice restful weekend Wannabe :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Evening :D

Smalls are all tucked up. Just waiting for the floors to dry so I can polish them and head up to bed.

NSD today! I do need to go to the supermarket tomorrow though. I really need washing gel and DS needs tinned things to take to the foodbank. I must go! I've been putting it off for days :o

I've managed to get all the windows cleaned outside today, along with the doors and doing the garden etc. True pottering around the house doing all the annoying things.

Hope everyone else has had a happy Monday

x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So pleased you have emailed the council.
    Why does your DS need tins for your FB?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • PositiveBalance
    Options
    You sound really perky, Wannabe - it's so nice to see! :)

I hope you do mamage to get sway and that you all have a fab time.

*Crosses fingers*
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#45): £3300/£3300
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills