Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    • 1,987Posts
    • 18,135Thanks
    WannabeFree
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö
    • 21st Nov 17, 11:04 AM
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö 21st Nov 17 at 11:04 AM
    Back in May this year I decided things had to change. I turned to here and received an amazing amount of help and advice. Here I am making a fresh start.

Debt 09/05/2017

Council Tax ú2092.71
    Court Fine ú1250
    Court Fine ú200
    Person 1 ú1000
    Person 2 ú1000
    Person 3 ú1379
    Person 4 ú427
    Debt Total ú7348.71

Rent Arrears ú3381.28

Total ú10729.99

*Person 4 ú575
    *New Debt ú732
    *Debt 1 ú387.29
    *Debt 2 ú1451.40
    *Debt 3 ú1137.73
    *EDF ú3140.65

Total ú18154.06

*As more comes out from under the carpet I will update here.
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 21-11-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Page 118
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 3rd Oct 18, 12:31 PM
    • 58,810 Posts
    • 243,907 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hello
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 3rd Oct 18, 1:11 PM
    • 1,987 Posts
    • 18,135 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Hiya

(((((HUGS)))))

You don't have to say anything you don't want to.
    We've got you and you've got us
    Originally posted by UncannyScot
    Thank you for all your help
    x
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 3rd Oct 18, 1:14 PM
    • 6,416 Posts
    • 46,452 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Lovely to hear from you Wannabe .
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = ú58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund. Save for house repairs.
    EMERGENCY FUND = ú17
    "Tough times never last, but tough people do" - Robert H Schuller
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 3rd Oct 18, 1:20 PM
    • 1,987 Posts
    • 18,135 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    I'm not sure where to start.

Debt I guess that's why we all post here I don't think it's changed too much. Everything has been paid but minimums only I think for now this is the way to go rather that worrying about it too much yet.

Shopping Too much of that! Grocery spends have been awful. Treats for the smalls again awful!

Speaking of smalls. They all started back to school and youngest has been enjoying it. She adores her new teacher so that makes it much nicer. I also trust her new teacher 100% She really is amazing. She's been off for nearly two weeks after being unwell and deciding to scare us all with 'funny turns' and going grey and stopping breathing. We are keeping our fingers crossed this was a side effect of a strong med we used to kick a short term illness to prevent it kicking off underlying issues. Fingers crossed! She should be back to school tomorrow though.
    Other two are just wonderful. I really don't know how I've created such thoughtful caring smalls. Don't get me wrong DS seems to have picked up a bit of a 'big boy' attitude but knows how far he can push before I'll be really cross and DD is just DD always out to be good and does try her hardest at everything she can.

House .. Decorating still being done. A leak from a flat roof and half the ceiling falling in = mess. Being sorted now I'm feeling human again though.

C word. I have started Xmas shopping. I have probably already broken my rule of just 2-3 small gifts and 'time' being spent rather than money. However life happens and makes you realise certain things. This Xmas will definitely be one with many memories and things created. NO debt however and still on a budget. We will still do the daily December things etc I have just given in to some Christmas' wishes that I probably wouldn't have previously.

I think that's a big enough update for now without pouring out my health issues and moans

Hope everyone is well

x
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the right way.ö
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 3rd Oct 18, 1:25 PM
    • 58,810 Posts
    • 243,907 Thanks
    beanielou
    But remember it is your diary & if you want to poor out your health issues & moans that is just fine

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • 24ta
    • By 24ta 3rd Oct 18, 2:49 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    24ta
    Good to see you back
    So many unachieved goals, I have to make this year my year!
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 3rd Oct 18, 4:51 PM
    • 6,416 Posts
    • 46,452 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I'm not sure where to start.

Debt I guess that's why we all post here I don't think it's changed too much. Everything has been paid but minimums only I think for now this is the way to go rather that worrying about it too much yet.

Shopping Too much of that! Grocery spends have been awful. Treats for the smalls again awful!

Speaking of smalls. They all started back to school and youngest has been enjoying it. She adores her new teacher so that makes it much nicer. I also trust her new teacher 100% She really is amazing. She's been off for nearly two weeks after being unwell and deciding to scare us all with 'funny turns' and going grey and stopping breathing. We are keeping our fingers crossed this was a side effect of a strong med we used to kick a short term illness to prevent it kicking off underlying issues. Fingers crossed! She should be back to school tomorrow though.
    Other two are just wonderful. I really don't know how I've created such thoughtful caring smalls. Don't get me wrong DS seems to have picked up a bit of a 'big boy' attitude but knows how far he can push before I'll be really cross and DD is just DD always out to be good and does try her hardest at everything she can.

House .. Decorating still being done. A leak from a flat roof and half the ceiling falling in = mess. Being sorted now I'm feeling human again though.

C word. I have started Xmas shopping. I have probably already broken my rule of just 2-3 small gifts and 'time' being spent rather than money. However life happens and makes you realise certain things. This Xmas will definitely be one with many memories and things created. NO debt however and still on a budget. We will still do the daily December things etc I have just given in to some Christmas' wishes that I probably wouldn't have previously.

I think that's a big enough update for now without pouring out my health issues and moans

Hope everyone is well

x
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    It's really good to have you back Wannabe .

It's lovely that youngest likes her teacher so much. Your children have clearly been very well brought up and are a credit to you.

At least if the minimums are paid on the debts then you won't be chased by angry people, so that is good.

It's an excellent idea to start preparing for the dreaded C word now, as it has a habit of sneaking up and then ruining our budget .
    EMERGENCY FUND = ú17
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 3rd Oct 18, 10:57 PM
    • 2,183 Posts
    • 12,886 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    Lovely to hear from you again Wannabe . It must have been horrendous coping with these health issues, I do hope you all get a break from them.
    So good to hear youngest has a beloved and trustworthy teacher.
    MFW #30 Paid off ú3,942.07/ú3000 as of 3/12/18
    • jwil
    • By jwil 4th Oct 18, 12:18 PM
    • 9,338 Posts
    • 30,211 Thanks
    jwil
    Lovely to hear from you again
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
    • Suffolk lass
    • By Suffolk lass 6th Oct 18, 7:05 AM
    • 2,217 Posts
    • 22,871 Thanks
    Suffolk lass
    You know, I think you are rather brave! After a bit of a break on here it gets harder and harder to reopen the door. Sometimes just starting again is the best and easiest thing - well done, and you know you have lots of support on here. Have a good weekend
    MFiT T4 #2 update 90.89% after Q11 against revised stretch target of ú60k balance
    Save ú12k in 2018 #53 108.06% ú12,967.42/ú12,000 (after upping my target from ú10k to ú12k in October)
    OS Grocery Challenge 2018 spent ú2,410.06/ú3,000 including stores 80.34% of my annual budget at the start of Dec.
    My DFD is here
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 6th Oct 18, 8:36 AM
    • 6,412 Posts
    • 44,712 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    So good to hear from you again. Your smalls are a real credit to you, you're doing a fab job with them. If you only pay off the debt minimum for now so what, you can catch up later but for now just take time to live a little.
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2010 ú13.14
    Debt ú1880
    Weight loss 0/6LBS
    Emergency Fund ú4000/ú10,000
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 11th Oct 18, 9:30 PM
    • 1,987 Posts
    • 18,135 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Thank you so much for all the lovely replies, I was a bit nervous of coming back.

Debt is being paid and there is no interest, just at minimum payments so we can enjoy some things. Life is too short to constantly feel like you can't buy a sweet/visit somewhere because its an extra couple of pounds to the debt. I guess this is why I was more worried about coming back as while paying the debt is a huge priority right now it isn't the main priority. Creating memories and things is my main priority.

We are falling back into our routine, I've been diagnosed with OCD (no surprise there ) However it does seem to make other things make sense I don't post about here. Either way it doesn't change things. It just makes some things make sense. It's not come as a shock at all really.

We have our holiday planned for the 19th and I'm hoping it goes well and we are all healthy

Hope everyone is well

x
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 11th Oct 18, 9:35 PM
    • 6,416 Posts
    • 46,452 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Nice to hear from you Wannabe.

As long as the minimum payments are paid then the debts are being taken care of.

It's very important to create memories, especially when you have young children. You enjoy doing some fun activities with the DC .

I hope your OCD diagnosis means you will get more support.
    EMERGENCY FUND = ú17
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Oct 18, 9:36 PM
    • 58,810 Posts
    • 243,907 Thanks
    beanielou
    Creating memories are priceless.

Also hoping you get any support you want/need.

***Keep plodding***
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 11th Oct 18, 10:09 PM
    • 6,412 Posts
    • 44,712 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Memories are far more important than anything else when you have children. As long as you're keeping the wolf from the door. I think we may have guessed you have OCD, as long as you are getting help, and there are worse things you could have to be honest.

Don't ever feel embarrassed about coming back on here, whatever has happened we'll be here to support you. Don't be afraid to offload your worries. We will never judge, only help if we can.

Good luck with everything, you so deserve a break away xx
    Debt ú1880
    Weight loss 0/6LBS
    • Cumbria lass
    • By Cumbria lass 12th Oct 18, 8:12 PM
    • 2,497 Posts
    • 15,567 Thanks
    Cumbria lass
    Are you off to the seaside ? Think the wind will be long gone by the 19th WF . At least the diagnosis of OCD helps you know why you do things , so that helps I guess.

I always say I would rather have memories over possessions any day. As long as you pay what you need to, nothing else matters. Your debt totals were coming down well previously, so unless anything has changed it will all be ok.
    CC1 ú3500 Nov 2018.
    • please-let-me-be-lucky
    • By please-let-me-be-lucky 12th Oct 18, 8:28 PM
    • 9,227 Posts
    • 55,822 Thanks
    please-let-me-be-lucky
    I tell anyone who will listen that you donĺt know how important memories are until someone you love doesnĺt have one anymore. Honestly, itĺs my Ĺ straplineĺ.

As long as the payments are being made, do what you can for the smalls in terms of memory making Xx
    Debts @ LBM ú23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 ú0

NSDs achieved in 2018 40/60
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 13th Oct 18, 5:29 PM
    • 1,987 Posts
    • 18,135 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Thank you

I don't think the diagnosis will change anything really, although it has made it feel easier to understand some things. It is what it is and it won't change how things are at home etc. I'm not even sure why they wanted a diagnosis. But it's done.

So true PLMBL. It's so easy to take for granted. Especially time. Time we can't get back and can't extend no matter how much we'd like to be able too. Creating memories are our main priority right now.

Been an expensive week. We all needed wellingtons and swim things etc for holiday. Not too expensive and all on offers/shopped around for. I do need a coat for myself yet though.

We are all so ready for this holiday and time away. I have done the food shop to be delivered the night we arrive so that side of things will all still be MSE friendly. We have passes for swimming etc so that won't cost. I think we may do a day at the Zoo depending on the weather but other than that it will be our usual MSE holidaying.

The weather is awful! We have been making Christmas stockings. Well the smallls have and I've been watching

x
    • Cherryfudge
    • By Cherryfudge 13th Oct 18, 6:04 PM
    • 2,183 Posts
    • 12,886 Thanks
    Cherryfudge
    We have been making Christmas stockings. Well the smallls have and I've been watching
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    Is it that time already?

But.. it's still summer, right? I mean, sort of warm. So I still have plenty of time... don't I?
    Loving all your plans, how nice to be planning for two lots of fun at once (I know adults may find Christmas stressful but I'm sure the littlies are looking forward to it).
    MFW #30 Paid off ú3,942.07/ú3000 as of 3/12/18
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 13th Oct 18, 6:55 PM
    • 6,412 Posts
    • 44,712 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    I always love your Christmas plans WBF and the lovely things you do with the smalls in the build up. They will have so many happy memories and will probably carry on your traditions with their own children

Have a fantastic holiday xx
    Debt ú1880
    Weight loss 0/6LBS
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

352Posts Today

2,304Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The responses to this thread are no question the best of british! https://t.co/jv5Q2ErQQC

• RT @SMinihane87: @MartinSLewis After she received the title she addressed it in literally the first episode of the next season of the appre?

• RT @WhichUK: ??CHRISTMAS WARNING TO PARENTS?? Don't buy any of these slimes for your kids ? they all contain potentially unsafe levels of?

• Follow Martin