Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tintin91
    • By Tintin91 20th Nov 17, 8:30 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Tintin91
    Parking charge notice
    • 20th Nov 17, 8:30 PM
    Parking charge notice 20th Nov 17 at 8:30 PM
    So a driver drove a friend of mine to their doctors surgery, dropped them off and waited for them in the surgerys car park. When entering inside the surgery you are required to put in your cars registration into a computer so you can park there. But seens as the driver didnt go in the surgery (also this not being their own doctors) didnt even think about it. and also as they were in the car at all times didnt think this would of applied to them, only to people leaving their cars. The driver thought as theyd be in the car all the time, didnt think to read any signs as they didnt think theyd be doing anything wrong. anyway they recieved a parking charge notice from civil enforcement ltd 6days after the date of incident for 100 or 60within 14days. It was addressed to themselves and says nothing about the keeper or the driver. Just that they require payment in accordance with the parking terms and conditions clearly stated on the signage: authorised vehicles only. And images of their car entering and leaving the carpark. They dont know what to do as they cant find any grounds on which to appeal?? Any help would be much appreciated
    Last edited by Tintin91; 20-11-2017 at 9:08 PM. Reason: Wrong person
Page 1
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 20th Nov 17, 8:34 PM
    • 10,540 Posts
    • 10,936 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 20th Nov 17, 8:34 PM
    Are you the car's registered keeper?

Edit your post now to remove all clues to the driver's identity.

E.g. your first sentence should start something like:
    So the driver took a friend of mine to their doctors surgery...
    Review your whole post similarly.
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 20th Nov 17, 8:34 PM
    • 37,869 Posts
    • 22,000 Thanks
    Quentin
    Everyone is politely asked to first read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before posting

Before going there you need to remove details of who was driving from your post

You will find advice on how to deal with this - which needs to be double pronged - get on with an appeal and get the surgery to cancel it
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 20th Nov 17, 8:53 PM
    • 10,540 Posts
    • 10,936 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 20th Nov 17, 8:53 PM
    • 20th Nov 17, 8:53 PM
    Im new to this how do i edit a post i tryed the + button and it says edit post but wont let me click it??
    Originally posted by Tintin91
    Access the forum via a web browser, not some app or other.
    • Tintin91
    • By Tintin91 20th Nov 17, 9:20 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Tintin91
    • 20th Nov 17, 9:20 PM
    Parking charge notice
    • 20th Nov 17, 9:20 PM
    What grounds could you appeal on?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 20th Nov 17, 9:24 PM
    • 10,540 Posts
    • 10,936 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 20th Nov 17, 9:24 PM
    • 20th Nov 17, 9:24 PM
    Post #1 still need change.

It was the keeper that received the PCN.

Again, are you the car's registered keeper?
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 20th Nov 17, 9:38 PM
    • 37,869 Posts
    • 22,000 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 20th Nov 17, 9:38 PM
    • 20th Nov 17, 9:38 PM
    What grounds could you appeal on?
    Have you read up in the newbies faq on appealing? All set out there!
    • Tintin91
    • By Tintin91 20th Nov 17, 10:42 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Tintin91
    • 20th Nov 17, 10:42 PM
    Parking charge
    • 20th Nov 17, 10:42 PM
    KeithP yes i would be the cars registered keeper
    • Tintin91
    • By Tintin91 12th Sep 18, 1:52 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Tintin91
    • 12th Sep 18, 1:52 PM
    • 12th Sep 18, 1:52 PM
    Update: so my other post which is the same as this but included my defence and other stuff seems to have disappeared...anyway so following sending of my defence and the questionaire, i recieved a letter from CEL which included their witness statement and a chance to pay a reduced fee of 100 instead of 330. Do i wait until i hear something back from the court or should i be sending off a witness statement now? The last letter i recieved from the court was the questionaire. Im guessing that the offering of a reduced fee could mean good news for me for the outcome...?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 12th Sep 18, 3:46 PM
    • 37,709 Posts
    • 84,728 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Update: so my other post which is the same as this but included my defence and other stuff seems to have disappeared...anyway so following sending of my defence and the questionaire, i recieved a letter from CEL which included their witness statement and a chance to pay a reduced fee of 100 instead of 330. Do i wait until i hear something back from the court or should i be sending off a witness statement now? The last letter i recieved from the court was the questionaire. Im guessing that the offering of a reduced fee could mean good news for me for the outcome...?
    You should be following the step by step guide to court in post 2 of the NEWBIES written by a poster called bargepole.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Tintin91
    • By Tintin91 14th Sep 18, 6:39 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Tintin91
    I have been following the newbies thread but i have only recieved a letter of allocation at my local court (no hearing date) this was about 3 weeks ago since then CEL wrote to me offering to reduce the fine and their WS. I have not heard nothing else from the court no hearing dates.. no end dates for documentation..?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Sep 18, 6:43 PM
    • 63,827 Posts
    • 76,455 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    OK, as long as you are sure, and have not had any notice from your local court telling you the date by which all parties must file & serve the documents they rely upon, you could either wait, or could ring you local court next week to ask if it's in the Judge's pile, waiting for directions about the hearing and the WS/evidence dates.

I seem to recall the 'WS' CEL are sending is not actually their court WS but just a short version to try to push people into panicking and paying.

CEL do sometimes take the odd case to a hearing now, but posters have still won!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,037Posts Today

8,075Users online

Martin's Twitter