Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jmedwards
    • By jmedwards 19th Dec 16, 10:53 AM
    • 16Posts
    • 2Thanks
    jmedwards
    Bulb energy discount code - £50 off - 100% renewable energy.
    • 19th Dec 16, 10:53 AM
    Bulb energy discount code - £50 off - 100% renewable energy. 19th Dec 16 at 10:53 AM
    Bulb.co.uk is a new energy provider that guarantees to fund enough renewable energy to meet their customer's demands (unlike others, which does not offer such a guarantee, which is a bit tricksy).

Bulb Energy is generally no more expensive than a big energy provider, and with the £50 credit, almost certainly cheaper than anything else in the first year by some margin.

Here's a Bulb energy discount code/voucher code link:

If you use my link and send me a PM with your full name, I'll send you an additional £20 from my bonus once you've switched

Use my link - https://join.bulb.co.uk/join/quote/jmedwards to get a £50 Bulb.co.uk energy credit + an extra £25 from me

I've been a happy Bulb energy customer for a year now and couldn't recommend it highly enough

Last edited by jmedwards; 13-04-2018 at 9:10 AM.
Page 22
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 10th Apr 18, 5:45 PM
    • 34,034 Posts
    • 40,149 Thanks
    Browntoa
    Remove the email address
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 10th Apr 18, 5:46 PM
    • 34,034 Posts
    • 40,149 Thanks
    Browntoa
    This is for bulb pre pay only

The non prepay bulb thread is here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74114703&highlight=bulb#post74114 703
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • pitcaig
    • By pitcaig 10th Apr 18, 9:02 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pitcaig
    Hi
    Would just like to thank Smithers 1981 for the referral link that I used. As soon as my joining Bulb was processed he past on a share of his referral

Cheers
    • Matt17
    • By Matt17 11th Apr 18, 11:24 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    Matt17
    £80 when switching to Bulb
    Big Switch 10 Winner I:
    Bulb - typical saving £320/yr, 95% 'great' service, no early exit fees & it's renewable electricity
    This new Bulb Vari-Fair deal, available via our Cheap Energy Club, is nearly the market's cheapest. What makes it stand out is that Bulb's built up more than 300,000 customers in 3yrs, due to huge word-of-mouth recommendation. In our last customer service poll it got an outrageous 95% 'great' rating (from 295 votes).

Bulb is the winner of MSE Big Switch 10. If you switch to bulb using my link https://join.bulb.co.uk/refer/matthew7298 you will get £50 from bulb when your switch completes and I will send you an additional £30 by Paypal or Bank Transfer so thats £80 in total. PM me with your preferred method of payment or if you have any questions. Happy to help.
    Cheers Matt
    https://join.bulb.co.uk/refer/matthew7298
    Last edited by Matt17; 11-04-2018 at 11:33 AM.
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 11th Apr 18, 11:25 AM
    • 34,034 Posts
    • 40,149 Thanks
    Browntoa
    I've deleted several posts this morning from people who have already posted in the thread.

Only post your referral once in the thread

Don't delete your earlier post and repost

If you repost i'll just remove it (even if you "self deleted" your earlier post)
    • mr_tech
    • By mr_tech 11th Apr 18, 4:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mr_tech
    Bulb Energy Saved £500 and got £50 Credit!
    Thanks MSE!

Just joined Bulb energy £500 pa on my gas and electricity and getting £50 credit on my account and £50 for the referrer. Sharing my referral link so others can make a saving too. bulb.co.uk/refer/karlb8191

:beer:
    • laura_hoggle
    • By laura_hoggle 13th Apr 18, 7:54 AM
    • 465 Posts
    • 1,729 Thanks
    laura_hoggle
    Hey guys,

I signed up to Bulb using a colleagues referral code-I had already found that Bulb was one of the cheapest energy options for us after using the Cheap Energy Club website that is part of MSE.

If anyone would like to use my referral code to get £50 credit in their bill, here!!!8217;s mine:

https://bulb.co.uk/refer/laura3047

If you so use my link, I!!!8217;ll also receive £50 credit to my bill.

Thanks!
    MFW 2016 #32 £1574.66/£1500
    • amtaylor
    • By amtaylor 13th Apr 18, 10:28 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    amtaylor
    Simply brilliant. Use this link and get £50 off.
    I signed up to Bulb using a link from this thread and received £50 off my supply (as well as costing £200 p/a less than my previous supplier. I've found them to be simply brilliant. Much cheaper and easier to switch than other suppliers.

Use this link to switch and we'll both receive £50 credit on our accounts:

bulb.co.uk/refer/adamt3050
    • paul77777
    • By paul77777 13th Apr 18, 7:56 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    paul77777
    Bulb Energy
    Switched to Bulb and save £300 per year compared to my Scottish Power quote.
    Also the fact that you're helping the environment by choosing a company sourcing renewable energy is a big bonus, supplying 100% renewable energy and 10% green gas. With a friendly UK based customer call center who answer the phone quickly and donít leave you waiting for 20 minutes to get through to someone.
    Excellent customer service and the cheapest tariff I could find, they even cover any exit fees.
    Check out what YOU can save via Uswitch.com. BUT don't click to switch via Uswitch; instead use the referral link at the bottom of my post and Bulb will give you a welcome discount of £50.
    Click my link and you will get £50 straight away and if your friends then use your link to switch you will get another £50 for each person who switches to Bulb
    Take advantage of a £50 credit to your account when you switch by using the link below, I used a referral link and the credit was applied immediately to my new account as soon as we switched.
    Just copy and paste both lines below into your browser:

bulb.co.uk/
    refer/paul7265
    • Apb74
    • By Apb74 14th Apr 18, 1:22 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Apb74
    Myths
    I feel the need to butt in to this forum to disagree with some of the doubters.
    I use mse, uswitch etc without ever posting before this message.
    Bulb has saved me £180 per year, their customer service is first class, the phone is answered, no supervisors, renewable energy, friendly but never patronising emails, their website is simple and easy.
    I have a referral link on another site that had gave me (and the persons who used it £250)
    I went on the other site to leave a review as bulb had sent a polite email to prompt me, would I of reviewed Virgin? No!, any other energy companies, no!
    Bulb has been a refreshing change in the way customers are treated and they saved me money. If I know what I do now and the service cost me £5 more per month, I still would of joined.
    If you want to save money and get a £50 credit on your bill then it is worth doing a comparison.
    If you want to use my link then please do (both of us will get a £50 credit) if not, still investigate the savings and buy yourself something nice with the monthly saving and the £50 credit you will still get.
    I can't rate the modern professional attitude I have experienced with Bulb so far highly enough. First class.
    Add to the line below https://

.uk.trustpilot.com/reviews/5ad116906d33bc0a24febefa

Anna x
    • moneysaver8
    • By moneysaver8 14th Apr 18, 10:48 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    moneysaver8
    Bulb sign up
    Hi,
    I have just switched to Bulb using TCA's refer a friend link and have now had my £50 credited plus £30 from TCA. If anyone wants to switch I recommend you use his link but here is my link just in case:

bulb.co.uk/refer/malcolmb5099

Thanks,
    Malcolm
    • K9sandFelines
    • By K9sandFelines 16th Apr 18, 10:54 AM
    • 2,043 Posts
    • 17,516 Thanks
    K9sandFelines
    I don't think i have posted before. I have been with Bulb a year now and i can't fault them. Lowering the carbon footprint and saving me money, when British Gas where crippling me. Never had any problems or had to phone them about anything other than being locked out of my account. Would recommend to everyone.

This is my link to anyone wishing to use it:
    www.bulb.co.uk/refer/melanie3766
    GC 2017 (£3,434.09/£4,000) Jan £264.28, Feb £179.18, Mar £290.38, Apr £182.39, May £210.24 Jun £122.33, Jul £149.45, Aug £199.22, Sep £211.46, OCT £227.94, Nov £200.33, Dec £36.15 (£2,237.75/£3,250 p.a)
    ~ Still learning the art of frugality ~
    • James Mass
    • By James Mass 22nd Apr 18, 3:08 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    James Mass
    Notice the Cheap Energy Club haven't updated Bulb's enrollment into the Warm Home Discount scheme so it won't show up during comparison, even though it's already on the top of the list without it. Should be a no brainer for those that benefit from this.

If anyone is interested, you can sign up through my link we'll both get £50 off our energy bills too. Which is worth having.

Here's my link - https://bulb.co.uk/refer/phoch7167
    • Mace Fraser
    • By Mace Fraser 29th Apr 18, 10:51 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mace Fraser
    As other posters have said, Bulb are great. I have been with bulb for several months now and I can't fault them at all. Cheap, friendly service and 100% green energy - what's not to like?

If you want to switch to Bulb, you can sign up through my link and we will both get £50 credit off our energy bills:

bulb.co.uk/refer/edward2746

Happy savings!
    • lizzy2mellow
    • By lizzy2mellow 5th May 18, 12:59 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lizzy2mellow
    Bulb Energy save £s switch to renewable
    I moved to Bulb last April (17) and was shocked to see I was going to save £35pm on Scottish Power. Now we are all different and will have a different saving experience but they are worth the 2 mins to get a quote. There give new people who join via a friends link £50 each and up to £120 back in your exit fees if you have any. So you can move now. I was not sure about moving at first as they are a small company but their customer service is 100% better in my experience than SP! I have had a great experience and have recommended them to all my family and friends. Use this link to get a quote and if you switch the £50 free credit. You will be taken to a page that says "welcome to Elizabeth's page...get £50 free"
    bulb.co.uk/refer/elizabeth407
    • shariann
    • By shariann 5th May 18, 11:35 PM
    • 965 Posts
    • 5,913 Thanks
    shariann
    I signed up to bulb through cheap energy club when my previous provider started messing everyone about. I hadn!!!8217;t heard of them but the switch was simple and the website and communication are 1000 x better than my previous company. My referral link is below and we will both get a credit of £50 if you use it. Thanks

https://bulb.co.uk/refer/sharon2239
    £10 a day November - £10.35/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70
    2018 Jan £604.94 Feb £264.01 March £360.26April £282.29May £329.59 June £84.34July £253.30August £234.82September £108.62October £551.15
    • keiran
    • By keiran 6th May 18, 3:24 PM
    • 449 Posts
    • 227 Thanks
    keiran
    I'll throw my hat into the ring...

I switched to bulb using a fellow MSEr's referral a couple of months ago. The tariff was quite good anyway on comparison sites, and with the cashback, it was the clear winner. The switch occurred painlessly and I have been delighted with bulb operations.

I'll split my referral 50:50 with anyone who uses my link so that you get another £25. Can't say fairer than that!

https://bulb.co.uk/refer/supriy
    Last edited by keiran; 06-05-2018 at 3:27 PM.
    • joeco
    • By joeco 9th May 18, 12:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    joeco
    Just joined myself through the big switch, looked like a good company and deal.
    Would also like to share my referal link if anyone else would like to join:

bulb.co.uk/refer/josephc6120
    • marcusf4093
    • By marcusf4093 11th May 18, 6:42 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marcusf4093
    Hi all

My switch to Bulb has just completed today, so I'm throwing my referral link out there to anyone who would like to benefit from the switch.

Not only will you get £50 when you sign up, when the switch goes through, I'll give you another £30 as a thanks for using my link, just drop me a PM with your name and bank details...

Start the process by opening a web browser and pasting my link into the address bar:

bulb.co.uk/refer/marcusf4093
    Last edited by marcusf4093; 11-05-2018 at 6:47 PM.
    • scorpio_biker
    • By scorpio_biker 12th May 18, 10:46 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    scorpio_biker
    Hi,
    I've been with bulb for a few months now, and I'me very happy with them, so posting my referral link for any one to use.

bulb.co.uk/refer/june2730
    Nil Illegitimi desperandum carborundum

All of my posts are simply my personal opinions.
    They are not professional advice nor are they the opinions of my employer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

679Posts Today

5,397Users online

Martin's Twitter