IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

HighView Parking Appeal Rejected - Guidance to Appealing to POPLA

Options

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    well, we suppose the OP will post the draft popla appeal once they have composed it

BUT , this OP has made several mistakes already so we hope you have not made the same ones and so will have a better popla appeal drafted
  • SamP92
    SamP92 Posts: 24 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    So is the general consensus, I should compose an appeal to send to POPLA. As I'm in the situation where I feel the notice charge was unfair, however if I don't stand any real chance of winning and end up in a worse situation, I would prefer to pay the charge and draw a line under it. Thank you again for all your help, I know I've dropped the ball on this one
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    edited 20 November 2017 at 8:35PM
    Options
    its always worth a popla appeal, but you have lost out on a key points already

its not unfair because you should not be on private land , but it was trespass which only the landowner can take you to court for

HIGHVIEW could take you to court for contractual reasons such as not buying a ticket etc

the choice on what to do is yours

in future , you should comply with the signage or not park up , waiting or not

better to fond a public road you can park on , not private property

you will encounter similar issues on various private car parks, such as supermarkets , retail parks , hospitals , doctors surgeries , airports , train stations , ports , pubs , restaurants , leisure attractions , gyms etc

hope that helps
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SamP92 wrote: »
    So is the general consensus, I should compose an appeal to send to POPLA. As I'm in the situation where I feel the notice charge was unfair, however if I don't stand any real chance of winning and end up in a worse situation, I would prefer to pay the charge and draw a line under it. Thank you again for all your help, I know I've dropped the ball on this one
    From your original post it looks like you can expect more of these invoices. Could mount up to be quite a bit of money.

Of course you should send a PoPLA appeal.

There is a lot of guidance on PoPLA appeals in post #3 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky/pinned thread.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    Options
    dave.w wrote: »
    I think you need to wind your neck in a bit. I've only asked him to post up his inital appeal to POPLA.

and before you starting banging on about reading the newbie thread, I have.

I guess many other experienced regulars will also, like me, be very wary of comments like this from someone seeking help from volunteers giving freely of their own time to help you with your problem.

I’m out!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • dave.w_2
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    @dave.w, you need to settle down and do some reading of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, rather than posting on other people’s thread that looks like a clutching at any remotely connected straw floating by.
    I guess many other experienced regulars will also, like me, be very wary of comments like this from someone seeking help from volunteers giving freely of their own time to help you with your problem.

I’m out!

doesn't take much to upset you does it?
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    dave.w wrote: »

I put so much time into dealing with this same sh|t every day, I don’t need ‘wind your neck in’ comments, especially when I’ve not posted any such pejorative phrases in your direction.

No regular here needs this crap.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• dave.w_2
    Options
    I put so much time into dealing with this same sh|t every day, I don’t need ‘wind your neck in’ comments, especially when I’ve not posted any such pejorative phrases in your direction.

No regular here needs this crap.

just because you've had a bad day, you don't need to start taking out someone you don't know on an internet forum. I only have a few posts on here and 99% of them are looking for genuine help. I'm not quite sure why you felt the need to single me out when I asked the OP to post up his initial appeal to POPLA. It looks to me like he has a very similar situation to myself and potentially I could take some advice from this thread rather than starting my own. if that's ok with you?
  • mikerb
    Options

I'm new on here as are you, at least I started my own thread.
    The people on here volunteer their time and knowledge to help us,

this forum isn't a twitter or Farcebook free for all so I would respectfully ask you
    to wind Your neck in and maybe start your own thread, that's if anybody cares to help you.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    just because you've had a bad day,
    I can assure you it takes much more than this for me to have a bad day. My experience of a ‘bad day’ you might not even be able to imagine.
    I'm not quite sure why you felt the need to single me out
    I didn’t ‘single you out’, I’d make the same comments to anyone who seemed to be (in my view) clutching at straws in terms of their approach to their problem - especially as it’s HV you’re dealing with. Be thankful it isn’t ParkingEye, CEL or an IPC operator you’re tangling with. You need to trust people who do this stuff daily.
    I could take some advice from this thread rather than starting my own. if that's ok with you?
    Whether or not it’s ok with me is irrelevant, it’s not ok with forum prerequisites. One case, one thread is a given; jumping in on other’s threads can take it way off track - as this one is in danger of sliding down that greasy pole.

Start your own thread, then you might get help, but I expect regulars might be wary - and there are so many others who need help who don’t cut up rough with any comment that doesn’t suit.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport