Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • NellieNewbie
    • By NellieNewbie 17th Nov 17, 10:35 PM
    • 110Posts
    • 133Thanks
    NellieNewbie
    75,000 ESA Claimants UnderpaUnderpaid
    • 17th Nov 17, 10:35 PM
    75,000 ESA Claimants UnderpaUnderpaid 17th Nov 17 at 10:35 PM
    Does anyone have any more information than in this article about which 75,000 claimants who have been underpaid?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42012116

I can't find any other threads about this (apologies if I'm wrong).
Page 2
    • butterflies56
    • By butterflies56 10th Apr 18, 11:50 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    butterflies56
    Here's a link to a thread on Rightsnet post number 281 30 March 2018
    Martin Williams of CPAG Application for Judicial Review

https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/5928/P270
    • butterflies56
    • By butterflies56 31st Aug 18, 1:52 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    butterflies56
    Here's the Latest Rightsnet Post regarding backdated payments of IRESA
    29 AUGUST 2018, 12:40 PM #381
    Joanna
    forum member
    Advice & Representation Centre, Union of Brunel Students
    Send message
    Total Posts: 139
    I have spoken today to a very nice guy at Oldham. He explained that assessment of all the claims that go further than October 2014 has been suspended and that they have done nothing on these claims for past 4 weeks. Why? Because they are waiting for a letter from a government which formally confirms that they canů
    No calculations, no draft decisions, nothing is doing with those claims until they have this letter.
    They have very upset customers calling everyday but I was told the decision-makers cannot start work on those pre-October cases until some department (apparently OED, not sure what it means) confirms in writing they can go ahead.

Mind boggles, people are at risk, but a piece of parchment rules the world.

Anyone has a client with a good MP? Please get them on this. My MP is otherwise engaged plotting a coup.

Here's the link to the actual Righsnet thread which has been running for quite a few years now....
    https://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/5928/P375
    • Andreaspage
    • By Andreaspage 31st Aug 18, 7:41 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Andreaspage
    Thank you for the information about arrears claims not being assessed. I phoned benefits just now, and they said my Enhanced Disability arrears pay out won't be until November, I did an online application in July. I informed the person I spoke with that I had read that there had been no processing done for the last few weeks and that the decision makers are waiting for a letter. He informed me that things are being processed but the letter is to allow them to pay the money.
    I really don't like it that DWP don't give you straight answers.
    Do you think that I should contact my MP now?
    Thanks
    • butterflies56
    • By butterflies56 1st Sep 18, 3:16 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    butterflies56
    Thank you for the information about arrears claims not being assessed. I phoned benefits just now, and they said my Enhanced Disability arrears pay out won't be until November, I did an online application in July. I informed the person I spoke with that I had read that there had been no processing done for the last few weeks and that the decision makers are waiting for a letter. He informed me that things are being processed but the letter is to allow them to pay the money.
    I really don't like it that DWP don't give you straight answers.
    Do you think that I should contact my MP now?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Andreaspage
    Hi Andreaspage

Yes I think it would be a good idea to contact your MP and send him the link to the Rightsnet Thread especially page 26 of the thread then he can read it all for himself!
    The more MPs that know the better.
    I don't think the DWP are going to be in any hurry to pay any of the backdated arrears to clients as they knew about this official error as far back as 2013 but did nothing about it.
    • butterflies56
    • By butterflies56 8th Sep 18, 12:34 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    butterflies56
    Latest Update and outcome of IRESA backdated payments
    I have received a letter this week from the DWP about my Appeal.

It states that the decision in december 2017(not to pay backdated EDP before the 21 october 2014) that decision has been found in my favour. Appeal has been lapsed.
    My case has been returned to the benefits centre so process payment of arrears dating back to late 2012. Apparently I will be hearing from the DWP shortly!(I will wait patiently for their contact).

It's with grateful thanks to Epitome for all the help and advice that I was able to appeal the decision in the first place.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,956Posts Today

9,320Users online

Martin's Twitter