Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 17th Nov 17, 1:56 PM
    • 89Posts
    • 24Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier People's Energy
    • 17th Nov 17, 1:56 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier People's Energy 17th Nov 17 at 1:56 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

People's Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 2
    • PeoplesEnergy
    • By PeoplesEnergy Verified User verified user 11th Oct 18, 8:34 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    PeoplesEnergy
    Wow, that sounds like a lot of energy being used to make that kind of saving.

I'm on the same tariff at slightly above average usage and I would save around £70 by switching to PE or £120 for Pure Planet.

It's a gamble but you can always switch as there are no exit fees... if you can find a cheaper alternative if prices do increase.
    Originally posted by beardiedog
    Thanks for the great point there on the no exit fees. We don't have any price increases planned and as you say if we ever become more expensive than the 'Big Six' or a supplier you have switched to us from, you can switch with no penalty fee.

However, we want to keep our 16,000+ family strong so we'll do all that we can to keep our prices affordable .
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of PeoplesEnergy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • CelticStar
    • By CelticStar 11th Oct 18, 4:42 PM
    • 536 Posts
    • 422 Thanks
    CelticStar
    Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to leave such a thorough review and share your feedback with us. We take the experiences and views of our members seriously as we're here to provide you with the best service possible.

It looks like we've dropped the ball on a few things here and we'd love to put them right for you.

Would you be able to drop us a line with your name and telephone number/email so that we can get in touch to sort out the above (0131 285 5510 or customerservices@peoplesenergy.co.uk) but also to make sure we fix the problems that are causing them to happen.

We believe in owning up when we mess up and getting right onto it to fix it, so rest assured we'll be back to that company you love again. With over 16,000 members calling People's Energy home we're also closer now to beginning to pay back our first 75% of profits back .
    Originally posted by PeoplesEnergy
    Thank you for getting back to me, I appreciate it. I contacted People's Energy by phone yesterday and was told you have raised a ticket but, as I say, there was no indication how long it would take to sort things out. Is the email address above a general customer service email address because I can't see that I will be told any different if I contact that. If you give me someone specific to talk to then that might help though.
    • TLaz
    • By TLaz 11th Oct 18, 4:59 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    TLaz
    Hmmm
    So I got the quote and "joined".

No acknowledgement email, other than one that said I had successfully set up a DD.

Sent an email asking for confirmation that my switch application had been received, no acknowledgement of receipt of email.

Called them. I guess the 18 seconds average waiting time is to get to the menu options. Waited on hold for a few minutes then hung up.

All I know at the minute is that they can charge my bank account whatever and whenever.
    • PeoplesEnergy
    • By PeoplesEnergy Verified User verified user 11th Oct 18, 5:12 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    PeoplesEnergy
    So I got the quote and "joined".

No acknowledgement email, other than one that said I had successfully set up a DD.

Sent an email asking for confirmation that my switch application had been received, no acknowledgement of receipt of email.

Called them. I guess the 18 seconds average waiting time is to get to the menu options. Waited on hold for a few minutes then hung up.

All I know at the minute is that they can charge my bank account whatever and whenever.
    Originally posted by TLaz
    Hi there,

Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback . We're sorry to hear there have been problems in signing-up and we want to get onto fixing this right away for you.

Would you be able to drop us a line FAO Christie via 0131 285 5510 or customerservices@peoplesenergy.co.uk as we're delighted to have you be part of the People's Energy family but we want to ensure it is a great experience.
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of PeoplesEnergy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • PeoplesEnergy
    • By PeoplesEnergy Verified User verified user 11th Oct 18, 5:14 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    PeoplesEnergy
    Thank you for getting back to me, I appreciate it. I contacted People's Energy by phone yesterday and was told you have raised a ticket but, as I say, there was no indication how long it would take to sort things out. Is the email address above a general customer service email address because I can't see that I will be told any different if I contact that. If you give me someone specific to talk to then that might help though.
    Originally posted by CelticStar
    No worries at all and that's a great point you make. To make it easier for you and us to get onto resolving this as quickly as possible if you mark your email FAO of Christie it will be picked up by our Membership Team Lead right away .
    Verified Company
    • TLaz
    • By TLaz 12th Oct 18, 11:24 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    TLaz
    Hi there,

Firstly, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback . We're sorry to hear there have been problems in signing-up and we want to get onto fixing this right away for you.

Would you be able to drop us a line FAO Christie via 0131 285 5510 or customerservices@peoplesenergy.co.uk as we're delighted to have you be part of the People's Energy family but we want to ensure it is a great experience.
    Originally posted by PeoplesEnergy
    Thanks Christie - Connor has been in touch
    • PeoplesEnergy
    • By PeoplesEnergy Verified User verified user 12th Oct 18, 1:50 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    PeoplesEnergy
    Thanks Christie - Connor has been in touch
    Originally posted by TLaz
    Fantastic. That's great to hear and wishing you an awesome weekend from the team .
    Verified Company
    • carolyngyseman
    • By carolyngyseman 12th Oct 18, 6:44 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    carolyngyseman
    Thinking of changing but I have an Economy 7 Meter, ;not been used for years at the cheap rate I just pay a normal rate all the time. Have just read something from someone on here that I will be penalised with a higher rate for having an E7 meter, is this correct and what is the difference in normal rate and what I would be charged?
    • HUMBUG
    • By HUMBUG 14th Oct 18, 12:00 PM
    • 159 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    HUMBUG
    Your dd screen print doesn't work
    Dear People's Energy ,

I've just joined you and put in my direct debit details. But then this screen pops up

-------------------------------
    Thank you! We have all we need and will now work with your existing supplier to transfer your supply. If you have signed up to support one of our community partnerships, click here to enter your code: www.peoplesenergy.co.uk/enter-my-community-code/

Your Direct Debit has been successfully set up!
    You will receive confirmation via email within 3 working days. You can view a copy of your Direct Debit mandate here. Please print and retain for your records.

The People's Energy Company will appear on your bank statement.
    ----------------------

I tried clicking on the Direct Debit mandate hyperlink to see and print off my DD mandate but it doesn't work.

Not an impressive start I'm afraid.
    • PeoplesEnergy
    • By PeoplesEnergy Verified User verified user 16th Oct 18, 9:11 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    PeoplesEnergy
    Dear People's Energy ,

I've just joined you and put in my direct debit details. But then this screen pops up

-------------------------------
    Thank you! We have all we need and will now work with your existing supplier to transfer your supply. If you have signed up to support one of our community partnerships, click here to enter your code: www.peoplesenergy.co.uk/enter-my-community-code/

Your Direct Debit has been successfully set up!
    You will receive confirmation via email within 3 working days. You can view a copy of your Direct Debit mandate here. Please print and retain for your records.

The People's Energy Company will appear on your bank statement.
    ----------------------

I tried clicking on the Direct Debit mandate hyperlink to see and print off my DD mandate but it doesn't work.

Not an impressive start I'm afraid.
    Originally posted by HUMBUG
    Hi there,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate every comment and want to always ensure we are listening to the experiences of our members.

We're sorry the sign-up process didn't allow for you to print the DD Mandate and we will look into this right away. In the meantime we would really like to get in touch to make sure we resolve the issue first time for you .

Would you kindly send an email or call us FAO Christie at customerservices@peoplesenergy.co.uk and 0131 285 5510.
    Verified Company
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,978Posts Today

5,960Users online

Martin's Twitter