Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 17th Nov 17, 1:44 PM
    • 91Posts
    • 24Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Pure Planet
    • 17th Nov 17, 1:44 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Pure Planet 17th Nov 17 at 1:44 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Pure Planet

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
Page 6
  • PurePlanet
    Welcome Tealx
    Glad you're liking it
    Marc @ Pure Planet.

I have fairly high usage (slightly larger house and daughter who likes loads of baths) and Pure Planet estimate was around £100 less than my existing supply.

The membership charge is higher than standing charge but the reduction in full cost per unit offsets this to an extent

App seems well polished and efficient.

The Amazon voucher offer is great too. £25 for signing up by clicking on someone's link. £25 isn't much but every little helps.

As I'm a new user I can't post links directly so take the space out of this text below.

[Text removed by Forum Team]
    Originally posted by Tealx
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • inkythumbs
    • By inkythumbs 5th Sep 18, 1:48 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    inkythumbs
    Smart meters
    Hi,
    I have a gas and electric dual fuel account with Toto and am thinking of switching to Pure Planet. I see people mentioning having to send in meter readings. I have a smart meter and have not had to send in readings since it was installed . Will this continue to provide readings?
    Thanks
    Sam
    • beckyjones86
    • By beckyjones86 12th Sep 18, 3:25 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    beckyjones86
    I was initially wary of swapping to an app only energy provider
    I was initially wary of swapping to an app only energy provider but when I thought about, I couldn’t remember calling my old energy supplier at all so went ahead.

The switch was seamless with really easy instructions to follow. My reason for this switch was driven by their 100% renewable energy and 100% carbon offset gas. I had looked into ‘Bulb’ as they are more well known but they don’t promise the same gas offsets as Pure Planet. Surprisingly I’m paying less than I was with NPower and feel better about using renewable energy, its a win, win for me.

If your thinking about joining Pure Planet and you’d like a £25 Amazon voucher when signing up just use this link (delete the space after the forward slashes)
    [Referral Removed]
    Last edited by MSE ForumTeam2; 12-09-2018 at 11:22 PM.
  • PurePlanet
    Hi Sam
    Great to hear that you're thinking of switching!
    Your current smart meter won't work. This is because the 1st generation only work with the supplier who installs them.
    We'll soon be providing our Members with 2nd generation meters.
    So for now you'll have to send in meter readings to us. This is done via our app.

Hope that helps
    Marc @ Pure Planet

Hi,
    I have a gas and electric dual fuel account with Toto and am thinking of switching to Pure Planet. I see people mentioning having to send in meter readings. I have a smart meter and have not had to send in readings since it was installed . Will this continue to provide readings?
    Thanks
    Sam
    Originally posted by inkythumbs
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • RichardLP
    • By RichardLP 13th Sep 18, 1:50 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    RichardLP
    Would someone from Pure Planet care to comment on the current Google Play store rating of 2.7 stars? I would like to switch, but as everything happens via the app, what happens when the app is the problem? I notice that you engage well with people leaving feedback on Trustpilot (whether positive or negative), so it might be an idea if you were pro-active in the feedback section of the Play store? As an app-centric company, you surely must be unhappy at the low rating? It would be hard to imagine the app only bank services springing up flourishing if their apps were rated so poorly.
    • weesiecodal
    • By weesiecodal 14th Sep 18, 8:52 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    weesiecodal
    Iíve just switched. Iím happy to give Pure Planet a go, although I have reservations about app only communication.
    What I really want is a company who will charge competitive rates for the energy I use..... a variable rate each month, rather than companies collecting my money and creaming off the interest, while I have a credit balance. Grrr
    • cloudscape
    • By cloudscape 14th Sep 18, 9:24 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    cloudscape
    Hi, I opted to switch to Pure Planet but changed my mind when I realised that I couldn't pay the same amount each month but would be charged a higher monthly payment over the winter months. Realise that this doesn't apply to everyone but, for my own budgeting purposes, it is much easier to know what we're paying each month throughout the year. We certainly can't afford to be paying an extra £50 pcm in the run up to Christmas!
    I know this means that we build up a credit over the summer months but I'd rather that than be faced with extra costs over the winter.
  • PurePlanet
    Hi, I opted to switch to Pure Planet but changed my mind when I realised that I couldn't pay the same amount each month but would be charged a higher monthly payment over the winter months. Realise that this doesn't apply to everyone but, for my own budgeting purposes, it is much easier to know what we're paying each month throughout the year. We certainly can't afford to be paying an extra £50 pcm in the run up to Christmas!
    I know this means that we build up a credit over the summer months but I'd rather that than be faced with extra costs over the winter.
    Originally posted by cloudscape
    Hi Cloudscape

The reason the payments flex to colder and warmer months is to match usage and protect members from building up too much debt or too much credit.
    It means a little less in warmer months and a little more in the colder months to mirror the pattern of energy use.
    We know this isn't for everyone.
    Please don't give up on renewables!

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
  • PurePlanet
    Iíve just switched. Iím happy to give Pure Planet a go, although I have reservations about app only communication.
    What I really want is a company who will charge competitive rates for the energy I use..... a variable rate each month, rather than companies collecting my money and creaming off the interest, while I have a credit balance. Grrr
    Originally posted by weesiecodal
    Hi Weesiecodal
    Great to hear you've switched!
    Welcome
    We do have a great community with lots of info and really friendly members - check it out https://community.purepla.net
    Hope you enjoy our competitive rates

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 14th Sep 18, 5:31 PM
    • 481 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    Al Ross
    Pure Planet Still great Value
    Still great value, even after taking into account the new rates from Otober.Very competitive prices.

Renewable Energy at wholesale prices.
    Last edited by Al Ross; 16-09-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    • sss555s
    • By sss555s 18th Sep 18, 4:53 PM
    • 3,160 Posts
    • 16,821 Thanks
    sss555s
    Can someone PM me a referral please.

Edit* Referal received, thanks
    Last edited by sss555s; 19-09-2018 at 2:53 PM.
    • angdrumm
    • By angdrumm 19th Sep 18, 9:42 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    angdrumm
    Am I able to control the amount I pay by DD. EG can I opt to pay more in the Summer to offset the winter costs?
    • The Big Bamboo
    • By The Big Bamboo 19th Sep 18, 10:39 AM
    • 138 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    The Big Bamboo
    Hi Weesiecodal
    Great to hear you've switched!
    Welcome
    We do have a great community with lots of info and really friendly members - check it out https://community.purepla.net
    Hope you enjoy our competitive rates

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Originally posted by PurePlanet
    Hi Marc,
    Iíve just obtained a quote from your website but it makes no mention of your planned price increase which (if this thread is accurate!) will come into effect in October.

I see little value of signing up with you if I have no idea what Iím signing up for,... your new prices will be in force before I could complete a switch away from my present supplier.

Also, the tariff makes no mention of exit fees,...zero or otherwise.

Any chance you could let me know what your new October charges will be?

Iím still waiting for your email version of the tariff details btw;...how long does it usually take?

Thanks.
  • PurePlanet
    Am I able to control the amount I pay by DD. EG can I opt to pay more in the Summer to offset the winter costs?
    Originally posted by angdrumm
    Hi
    Good question. Yes, our Member services team can adjust your Direct Debit payments for you.
    We also want Members to be able to adjust DDs themselves in our app - this is on our product roadmap
    Hope that helps!
    Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
  • PurePlanet
    Hi Marc,
    I’ve just obtained a quote from your website but it makes no mention of your planned price increase which (if this thread is accurate!) will come into effect in October.

I see little value of signing up with you if I have no idea what I’m signing up for,... your new prices will be in force before I could complete a switch away from my present supplier.

Also, the tariff makes no mention of exit fees,...zero or otherwise.

Any chance you could let me know what your new October charges will be?

I’m still waiting for your email version of the tariff details btw;...how long does it usually take?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by The Big Bamboo
    Hello @ The Big Bamboo
    Nice username
    The quote from our website uses the rates which comes into effect from 1 Oct. As the switch takes 17 days we'll be into October by the time you come on supply.

We don't have exit fees

Here's a link to a community thread which shows the prices. We also have a map on our website - if you click/tap on the region you live in, you'll see the prices.

Hope that helps! Hopefully we'll soon welcome you to Pure Planet!

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Last edited by PurePlanet; 20-09-2018 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Fixed a spelling mistake
    Verified Company
    • The Big Bamboo
    • By The Big Bamboo 19th Sep 18, 11:09 AM
    • 138 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    The Big Bamboo
    Hello @ The Big Bamboo
    Nice userame
    The quote from our website uses the rates which comes into effect from 1 Oct. As the switch takes 17 days we'll be into October by the time you come on supply.

We don't have exit fees

Here's a link to a community thread which shows the prices. We also have a map on our website - if you click/tap on the region you live in, you'll see the prices.

Hope that helps! Hopefully we'll soon welcome you to Pure Planet!

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Originally posted by PurePlanet
    Thanks for the swift and informative reply Marc.
    • dmjheat
    • By dmjheat 20th Sep 18, 10:30 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    dmjheat
    I'm afraid that my experience of Blue Planet has been very unsatisfactory and led me to cancel the switch. Having downloaded the app, despite numerous attempts to use the link provided by them in numerous emails (one click only use of the links) I was never able to log into my account and complete the registration process. I eventually managed to find an email address to contact them on (a Help Line I believe) but after 3 useless suggestions from them at one reply per day, I was still unable to get into the account. Since this experience, I have noticed that reviews of the app by people in the app store, many many people have experienced the same problems I encountered, which led them to go round and round in circles, never entering their accounts in the process.
    In addition, there is no clearinformation anywhere in the set up process which shows an email address or phone number to contact Blue Plant on - very inconvenient when you encounter problems. All in all, a very unsatisfactory switch attempt I'm afraid.
  • PurePlanet
    I'm afraid that my experience of Blue Planet has been very unsatisfactory and led me to cancel the switch. Having downloaded the app, despite numerous attempts to use the link provided by them in numerous emails (one click only use of the links) I was never able to log into my account and complete the registration process. I eventually managed to find an email address to contact them on (a Help Line I believe) but after 3 useless suggestions from them at one reply per day, I was still unable to get into the account. Since this experience, I have noticed that reviews of the app by people in the app store, many many people have experienced the same problems I encountered, which led them to go round and round in circles, never entering their accounts in the process.
    In addition, there is no clearinformation anywhere in the set up process which shows an email address or phone number to contact Blue Plant on - very inconvenient when you encounter problems. All in all, a very unsatisfactory switch attempt I'm afraid.
    Originally posted by dmjheat
    Hi dmjheat
    Sorry to hear your switch didn't go as planned.
    It sounds like there were some technical issues affecting your switch.
    For the benefit of others, to use the app, you'll need a smartphone or tablet with minimum OS version of Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or iOS 9.
    Regarding contacting the team. We are app only which means that all members can easily access their energy account at any time, and stay on top of their energy usage.
    It also helps us keep costs low, so we can offer a competitive price.
    Maybe we'll welcome you in the future? Please don't give up on renewables.

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    • Sokkia
    • By Sokkia 21st Sep 18, 9:31 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sokkia
    Hi Pure Planet,

I like others will have to cancel my switch it appears. Despite you having the lowest rate available in my area I just cant accept the higher price in winter. Appreciate the timing of the switch affects this but on a quoted average monthly cost of £133 per month you are asking for a Winter payment of £159.74 and a summer payment of £106.69. Apologies but that does not amount to a small variation. On that basis and no ability to average the payment I will be looking elsewhere, no issue paying up front just not at such an inflated rate.

Oh and the Web Bot is useless - asked it to "change my payment amount" it gives me three numbered choices and asks I confirm my question by selecting a number. I Type "1" or "one" and guess what - sorry we do not understand your question.
    Last edited by Sokkia; 21-09-2018 at 9:34 AM. Reason: Add comments
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 21st Sep 18, 10:07 AM
    • 481 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    Al Ross
    No issues here. The App has always worked fine for me on my I Phone 5.
    A higher payment during the winter makes perfect sense to me as in the summer time most folk have their heating off and use very little gas.

I will be staying with Pure Planet, no complaints at all.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,444Posts Today

4,565Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin