Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 17th Nov 17, 1:44 PM
    • 82Posts
    • 21Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Pure Planet
    • 17th Nov 17, 1:44 PM
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Pure Planet 17th Nov 17 at 1:44 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Pure Planet

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.
Page 4
  • PurePlanet
    Thanks, have added it to Facebook too.

I understand the principle of different direct debit in summer and winter, but does make it harder to budget, why not just average it out?
    Originally posted by stoopy
    Hi
    We buy our energy for Members in advance, so this helps us to be more accurate, and keep prices down.
    We are in the future going to give Members the ability to change the amount they pay by DD, on a monthly basis - via the app - but this will be within parameters based on energy usage (basically to prevent someone who is a high user from lowering their DD so that they run into debt, or for a low user to build up a massive amount of credit).

Hope that helps

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • Sue S
    • By Sue S 30th Jun 18, 10:38 AM
    • 257 Posts
    • 181 Thanks
    Sue S
    I'm currently an EON customer with gas and electricity smart meters. Will there be any problem switching to Pure Planet? I understand that I will lose the smart technology but will I need new meters installed?
    • FullForce
    • By FullForce 30th Jun 18, 10:59 AM
    • 121 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    FullForce
    I'm currently an EON customer with gas and electricity smart meters. Will there be any problem switching to Pure Planet? I understand that I will lose the smart technology but will I need new meters installed?
    Originally posted by Sue S
    No.

You will have to manually read your existing meters and submit meter readings via the app.
    Last edited by FullForce; 30-06-2018 at 11:11 AM. Reason: sp!
  • PurePlanet
    No.

You will have to manually read your existing meters and submit meter readings via the app.
    Originally posted by FullForce
    Thanks @FullForce
    Spot on
    Hope that helps, Sue S
    Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • gsinghk
    • By gsinghk 24th Jul 18, 10:54 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gsinghk
    How to receive £25 cashback when switching
    Hi Marc,

I'm looking to switch to Pure Planet on the dual fuel tariff, after the comparison results showed significant saving via the Cheap Energy Club. However, it also states £25 cash back after 3 months. How do I go about receiving this, as it doesn't seem to make it clear on the results page on Cheap Energy Club, unless I've missed something?

Thanks in advance.
  • PurePlanet
    Hi
    Great to hear that you're looking to switch
    The £25 cashback deal is a Cheap Energy Club promotion, not ours. So you will have to ask them how the cashback is paid.
    Here's an email address which may help you energyclubhelp@moneysavingexpert.com
    All the best and thanks for (maybe? hopefully!) joining Pure Planet!
    Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    • Al Ross
    • By Al Ross 24th Jul 18, 7:15 PM
    • 463 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    Al Ross
    Sign up via a freinds referral link. and receive a £25.00 Amazon Voucher, emailed to you 2 days after they take first payment,this is usually about 10 days after signing up,no wating months for your reward if you switch this way.

Plenty freinds links to be found on this site.
    • gsinghk
    • By gsinghk 27th Jul 18, 8:39 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    gsinghk
    Referral links
    Thanks for your comments Marc and Al Ros.

Al Ros - I signed up before reading your post! Will this mean I cannot get the £25 back? Maybe if I also receive a referral link, I'll be able to post it on here, are we able to post them on this thread or is there a separate thread for that?

Marc - Thanks for the email address I'll, send them a message
    • CarefulDriver
    • By CarefulDriver 28th Jul 18, 8:32 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    CarefulDriver
    Android Emulators?
    I note that the latest Pure Planet App requires Android 4.4+. I only have Android 4.3 and unfortunately can't be upgraded. Can the App be run on a Windows laptop, even using one of the Android emulators such as Remix OS Player which would emulate the latest version of Android? Thanks.
  • PurePlanet
    Hi CarefulDriver
    Actually we advise that it requires 5.0 (aka 'Lollipop') or higher.
    The app cannot be run in a browser or emulator

Hope that helps answer your query

Marc @ Pure Planet

I note that the latest Pure Planet App requires Android 4.4+. I only have Android 4.3 and unfortunately can't be upgraded. Can the App be run on a Windows laptop, even using one of the Android emulators such as Remix OS Player which would emulate the latest version of Android? Thanks.
    Originally posted by CarefulDriver
    Verified Company
    • Santhear
    • By Santhear 31st Jul 18, 1:19 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Santhear
    I've been trying to switch to Pure planet but the app is poorly sized on my phone display [can't login as the button's covered up by the keyboard] Could you cancel my application to switch please. I've been looking for other ways to do this but it seems there's no customer service available for issues like this.
  • PurePlanet
    Hi @Santhear

There is no way for us to know who you are from your username on this forum.
    But the good news is that you can cancel your account via our app.
    Here's a link to more info.
    And we don't charge exit fees!
    Sorry to hear that Pure Planet isn't for you. Maybe we will see you again in the future?
    Marc @ Pure Planet

I've been trying to switch to Pure planet but the app is poorly sized on my phone display [can't login as the button's covered up by the keyboard] Could you cancel my application to switch please. I've been looking for other ways to do this but it seems there's no customer service available for issues like this.
    Originally posted by Santhear
    Verified Company
    • Santhear
    • By Santhear 31st Jul 18, 4:58 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Santhear
    So how can I talk to anyone at your companiy to sort this out? Your link states:

If you need to cancel your switch within the 14-day cooling-off period, head to the app menu and tap 'My Account' > 'Your details' > 'Cancel my switch'

which is no use if the problem is with the app in the first place.How else can I go about cancelling the switch?
  • PurePlanet
    No probs. To contact us, go to 'Help' in the app and type 'message the team' - it's not a live-chat service but they will get back to you within one working day.
    You don't have to be logged into the app to chat to them
    (But if you can't login to the app, how did you switch to us? If you have not received a welcome pack then you have not switched)

So how can I talk to anyone at your companiy to sort this out? Your link states:

If you need to cancel your switch within the 14-day cooling-off period, head to the app menu and tap 'My Account' > 'Your details' > 'Cancel my switch'

which is no use if the problem is with the app in the first place.How else can I go about cancelling the switch?
    Verified Company
    • Dangle
    • By Dangle 31st Jul 18, 6:09 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Dangle
    Glad I saw this, I came across pure planet on a comparison site yesterday and was intending to switch to them tomorrow, but hadn't realised they required you to install an app.

Will be going to my second choice instead.

Might be worth trying contacting your current supplier and see if they can block the transfer?
    Last edited by Dangle; 31-07-2018 at 6:13 PM.
    • TickersPlaysPop
    • By TickersPlaysPop 6th Aug 18, 12:48 PM
    • 694 Posts
    • 340 Thanks
    TickersPlaysPop
    Hi Blue Planet

Your deal looks very attractive, however, I don't wish to have a smart meter and I don't want to use your App.

Can I join Blue Planet and not use the App and smart meter?
    With kind regards
    Peace.
  • PurePlanet
    Hi TickersPlaysPop
    Great to hear that you're interested in joing Pure Planet
    We don't currently issue smart meters. The 1st generation out there right now aren't all that smart - for instance they only work with the supplier who fits them. We're waiting for the 2nd generation which we aim to offer all our members in early 2019 (once testing is over).
    But nobody will be forced to have a smart meter. It's up to you.
    Your other question about the app. We're app-only. We appreciate it might not be for everyone but we’ve seen apps take off in other sectors, such as banking, and we think energy apps can play an important role in helping us move to a more efficient, lower carbon economy.

If we're not right for you at this time, maybe we'll welcome you in the future.
    Thanks for the interest

Marc @ Pure Planet

Hi Blue Planet

Your deal looks very attractive, however, I don't wish to have a smart meter and I don't want to use your App.

Can I join Blue Planet and not use the App and smart meter?
    With kind regards
    Originally posted by TickersPlaysPop
    Verified Company
    • TickersPlaysPop
    • By TickersPlaysPop 7th Aug 18, 1:28 PM
    • 694 Posts
    • 340 Thanks
    TickersPlaysPop
    Hi TickersPlaysPop
    Your other question about the app. We're app-only. We appreciate it might not be for everyone but we’ve seen apps take off in other sectors, such as banking, and we think energy apps can play an important role in helping us move to a more efficient, lower carbon economy.

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Originally posted by PurePlanet
    ok, maybe I'll reformat my old phone and not link it to any of my internet profiles. It would be a dedicated 'mobile' device used only for the energy app.

That way I can guarantee keeping all my personal info away from your app? I guess you can collect a lot of valuable info from your customer's mobile devices?
    Peace.
    • Sapphire
    • By Sapphire 8th Aug 18, 12:13 AM
    • 2,188 Posts
    • 4,043 Thanks
    Sapphire
    Unfortunately, since this is only 'app' based, I won't be switching to PurePlanet. I don't want to conduct any of my financial affairs on a mobile phone.
    • capannacce
    • By capannacce 8th Aug 18, 4:56 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    capannacce
    PurePlanet
    MSE suggests there is a PurePlanet membership fee of £8.50 per fuel per month (£204 a year) in lieu of a standing charge. Why and what is a standing charge? How is it justified? Is it no more than a fee for having the meters in the house? My meters are over 15 years old ! Isn't this just an anachronistic item to screw even more out of the consumer? They all charge it. One supplier recommended to me by Uswitch wants standing charges of £275 a year.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

27Posts Today

4,416Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin