Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Andrew
      Verified User verified user
    • By MSE Andrew Verified User verified user 17th Nov 17, 1:44 PM
    • 91Posts
    • 24Thanks
    MSE Andrew
    Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback
    • 17th Nov 17, 1:44 PM
    Pure Planet reviews: add your feedback 17th Nov 17 at 1:44 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Pure Planet

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 15-11-2018 at 1:56 PM.
Page 11
    • dont_use_vistaprint
    • By dont_use_vistaprint 5th Nov 18, 11:13 AM
    • 136 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    dont_use_vistaprint
    I tried to switch to PurePlanet, you sent an email saying click to add readings or meter numbers but there was nothing to click. The app also had no way to activate and I couldn't find any way to phone you. I emailed you, you took nearly 2 weeks to reply by which time I'd gone elsewhere. For the sake of £10-£15 a year, Ill just go with a company where switching works properly, there are plenty of alternatives in this price range all offering unfixed / wholesale prices / green energy.
  • PurePlanet
    I am thinking of joining Pure Planet when my current tariff with Tonik ends in Jan 2019
    Does Pure Planet currently support Smart Meters? or for example would they support the smart meters I currently have which was originally installed when with OVO?
    Originally posted by testfish
    Hi testfish
    We don't support the 1st generation of smart meters (aka SMETS1) as these aren't all that smart - they only work with the supplier which installs them.
    In 2019 we'll be giving Pure Planet Members 2nd generation (SMETS2). There'll be a pilot to start with, before they're offered to Members.
    Great to hear you're thinking of switching. Hopefully we'll be welcoming you soon!
    Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • PurePlanet
    Hi PurePlanet,
    How many customers do you have so far?
    When are your prices going up next?
    When did your prices last go up
    Thanks
    Rockingmark
    Originally posted by rockingmark
    Hi rockingmark
    I'm not able to give you details of our total customers as it's commercially sensitive.
    We review our prices continually. We publish a quarterly blog post about what is happening in the wholesale energy market. You can read the latest blog post here which does state that, because wholesale prices are among he highest in 10 years, we might have to put our prices up in the coming months.
    We increased our Members rate 1st October.

Hope that helps
    Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Pure Planet. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the Verified Companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
  • PurePlanet
    I tried to switch to PurePlanet, you sent an email saying click to add readings or meter numbers but there was nothing to click. The app also had no way to activate and I couldn't find any way to phone you. I emailed you, you took nearly 2 weeks to reply by which time I'd gone elsewhere. For the sake of £10-£15 a year, Ill just go with a company where switching works properly, there are plenty of alternatives in this price range all offering unfixed / wholesale prices / green energy.
    Originally posted by dont_use_vistaprint
    Hi @dont_use_vistaprint
    Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you.
    We're an app-only supplier, we don't have a contact number. If you have any questions, you can tap 'Help' in your app or drop into the Community to get answers from other Members.
    Being app-only allows us to be more efficient and save money - savings we pass on to you.
    We try to be as accessible as possible, and we appreciate that this format won't suit every one.
    Please don't give up on switching to renewable energy.

Marc @Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    • noddy78
    • By noddy78 5th Nov 18, 5:44 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    noddy78
    Having done comparisons on two sites i was already to switch from Bulb to Pure Planet with a possible saving of £150 +.
    However it says on the website that a price increase is soon very likely, good of them to be honest but has made me think twice now
    Originally posted by Mikey17
    I'm in exactly the same boat got a notification saying I can save £150+ by moving to pure planet but with the obvious forthcoming price increase debating if its really worth it. Also the app only communication is a negative I have Seen a few comments from people who struggled to get in contact with a real person to resolve issues.
    • theyiddo
    • By theyiddo 9th Nov 18, 12:47 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    theyiddo
    Looking to switch from First Utility, following the fall of USIO - and looks like Pure Planet might be my choice. I've done some background work on them and can see that ultimately they are 23% owned by BP - who have also effectively given them a loan facility, via Pure Planet's parent company, Blue Marble Holdings Ltd - so lets hope they have a safer financial footing than USIO!
    Last edited by theyiddo; 09-11-2018 at 12:54 PM.
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 9th Nov 18, 1:05 PM
    • 575 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    wavelets
    Looking to switch from First Utility, following the fall of USIO - and looks like Pure Planet might be my choice. I've done some background work on them and can see that ultimately they are 23% owned by BP - who have also effectively given them a loan facility, via Pure Planet's parent company, Blue Marble Holdings Ltd - so lets hope they have a safer financial footing than USIO!
    Originally posted by theyiddo
    They seem to owe £3m
    Which is being funded by a loan from their parent company
    ... who are also several £m in debt and being funded by a loan by BP

Nice to see the MSE opening line on their Cheap Energy Club site is being heeded
    PRICES ARE RISING, CHEAP DEALS ARE VANISHING - SO ACT NOW TO FIX YOUR ENERGY
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub
    Last edited by wavelets; 09-11-2018 at 1:08 PM.
    • theyiddo
    • By theyiddo 9th Nov 18, 1:10 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    theyiddo
    They seem to owe £3m
    Which is being funded by a loan from their parent company
    ... who are also several £m in debt and being funded by a loan by BP
    Originally posted by wavelets
    Erm...yes, thats what I said!

Given BP are already financially invested in PP and its parent, BLue Marble (loan and 23% shareholding) - I'd like to think (or at least hope) they won't pull the plug in a hurry.
    • wavelets
    • By wavelets 9th Nov 18, 1:40 PM
    • 575 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    wavelets
    Erm...yes, thats what I said!

Given BP are already financially invested in PP and its parent, BLue Marble (loan and 23% shareholding) - I'd like to think (or at least hope) they won't pull the plug in a hurry.
    Originally posted by theyiddo
    Large scale investors take their cue from the financial advisors they employ.
    They will drop a loss maker quicker than a falling stone if they see no way of making money on their investment.

Whether it be Simon Cowell with his latest x-factor recruit.

Or Philip Green who got rid of BHS for a quid having paid £200m for it some years earlier.

Or Simon Cowell dropping Philip Green as an investor (even if it did cost Cowell £10m for the 5% share Green held) when Green's name turned toxic recently, due to the announcement by Lord Hain
    Last edited by wavelets; 09-11-2018 at 1:43 PM.
    • Lynn Platt
    • By Lynn Platt 9th Nov 18, 10:24 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Lynn Platt
    you should know better posting of referral link is not allowed on Energy Forum.You risk getting band from the forums
    • Lockardian
    • By Lockardian 10th Nov 18, 7:35 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Lockardian
    Marc
    I’m considering switching to you from British Gas. The BGT account is in my dad’s name, but I’d like the new account to be in my name. We share the house, and have the same surname.

Do account holder names get shared in the switching process, meaning there is likely to be an issue? Or can I go ahead with the switch without changing the name on the BGT account?

Thanks.
    • Lynn Platt
    • By Lynn Platt 10th Nov 18, 8:21 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Lynn Platt
    Any one else not getting their reward switch vouchers for friend referrals paid out.I was due 4 this week not paid.My son also with Pure Planet also 4 due this week,four not paid.
  • PurePlanet
    Marc
    Iím considering switching to you from British Gas. The BGT account is in my dadís name, but Iíd like the new account to be in my name. We share the house, and have the same surname.
    Do account holder names get shared in the switching process, meaning there is likely to be an issue? Or can I go ahead with the switch without changing the name on the BGT account?
    Thanks.
    Originally posted by Lockardian
    Hi @Lockardian
    Great to hear you're thinking about switching to Pure Planet
    No problem at all using your name instead of your dad's name. When we speak to British Gas to switch your supply, we'll be using meter serial numbers, not account holders' names.
    We look forward to welcoming you!

Marc @ Pure Planet
    Verified Company
    • jackboy1
    • By jackboy1 14th Nov 18, 6:44 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 21 Thanks
    jackboy1
    I've tried to switch to Pure Planet today but have nothing but trouble. Email arrives requesting I complete the secure log-in on the app, click on the link in the email and opens the app, get server error message and just go round and round inputting my email address to have the email sent again. Do this, get the email, try to log-in and server error message again. Given up!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,057Posts Today

7,295Users online

Martin's Twitter