Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chronicle
    • By Chronicle 7th Nov 17, 12:06 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Chronicle
    Economy Energy
    • 7th Nov 17, 12:06 PM
    Economy Energy 7th Nov 17 at 12:06 PM
    Hi all,
    I'm looking at swapping from British Gas to Economy Energy, EE are stating I can save approximately 300 per year with low cost monthly DD's

However, I'm struggling to find any feedback on the company other than TrustPilot, just wondering if anyone on here has any feedback?

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 7th Nov 17, 1:23 PM
    • 10,379 Posts
    • 4,343 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 7th Nov 17, 1:23 PM
    • 7th Nov 17, 1:23 PM
    Are you sure its an actual saving do the unit prices differ that much .
    Will this low DD cover the costs or will it be increased dramatically as you use more than DD covers .
    • simonineaston
    • By simonineaston 7th Nov 17, 1:26 PM
    • 123 Posts
    • 71 Thanks
    simonineaston
    • 7th Nov 17, 1:26 PM
    • 7th Nov 17, 1:26 PM
    Ignore their promises - whenever did a vendor ever do anything but promise? Instead simply compare their standing charges / unit energy cost with your existing supplier.
    • Chronicle
    • By Chronicle 7th Nov 17, 1:30 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chronicle
    • 7th Nov 17, 1:30 PM
    • 7th Nov 17, 1:30 PM
    Thanks for replies. I!!!8217;ve just checked a recent bill,
    • Chronicle
    • By Chronicle 7th Nov 17, 1:37 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chronicle
    • 7th Nov 17, 1:37 PM
    • 7th Nov 17, 1:37 PM
    Apologies, using an iPhone at work doesn!!!8217;t agree.
    Standing charge for BG on both is 24.77 according to my bill, usage on the electric has come in at 13.960p with the usage for gas at 3.840p

EE is a 12 month fixed at usage per kWh 12.710p and standing 14.00 p per day for electric with 2.585p per day on gas usage and 14.00 p standing.

I hope this helps? Apologies I!!!8217;m getting to grips of all this hah.
    • NineDeuce
    • By NineDeuce 7th Nov 17, 1:46 PM
    • 799 Posts
    • 736 Thanks
    NineDeuce
    • 7th Nov 17, 1:46 PM
    • 7th Nov 17, 1:46 PM
    How can they say they can save you 300?

Electricity tariff is about 10% cheaper than the BG price, gas tariff is about 25% cheaper. Work out how much you spend on each per year and then see what those percentages amount to.

Alternatively, get your annual consumption figures from your last years bills and do a calculation of each tariff.

Alternatively still, just find a switching website.....
    • stevenpc
    • By stevenpc 11th Nov 17, 1:36 PM
    • 98 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    stevenpc
    • 11th Nov 17, 1:36 PM
    economy energy switch
    • 11th Nov 17, 1:36 PM
    they started supplying me with gas and electricity 29th september im still paying my dd to the other company and at same time paying ee dd
    my old supplier has told me they are still waiting for final gas reading
    from ee i gave readings in september and again 7th october have spent 1 houre hanging on the phone to speak to ee although they do advise phoning again next week due to the high volume of calls.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 11th Nov 17, 1:47 PM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,670 Thanks
    footyguy
    • 11th Nov 17, 1:47 PM
    • 11th Nov 17, 1:47 PM
    they started supplying me with gas and electricity 29th september im still paying my dd to the other company and at same time paying ee dd
    my old supplier has told me they are still waiting for final gas reading
    from ee i gave readings in september and again 7th october have spent 1 houre hanging on the phone to speak to ee although they do advise phoning again next week due to the high volume of calls.
    Originally posted by stevenpc
    Your old supplier has 6 weeks from the date of the actual switch to produce you a final bill. If they don't have the exact raeding, then they will use an estimate supplied by the independent meter reading agency.
    The 6 weeks is now up. I suggest you contact your old supplier to see what is happening. Perhaps the bill is in the post, otherwise follow their complaint procedure if necessary.

As regards to paying 2 suppliers at the same time, this does sometimes occur when switching supplier and you should be prepared to accept that. Some suppliers take payment in advance, whilst others take payment in arrears, so you might win next tiem you switch

Or it may be that you owe so much to the old supplier, they are taking monthly payments pending the final bill, as they feel sure even with those extra payments you will still face a hefty final bill.

If you don't think that's the case, again speak with your old supplier and explain the situation. They may agree to halt further payment collections.

None of this is really much to do with your new supplier, and the subject of this thread, Economy Energy

Good luck!
    • stevenpc
    • By stevenpc 12th Nov 17, 7:34 AM
    • 98 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    stevenpc
    • 12th Nov 17, 7:34 AM
    • 12th Nov 17, 7:34 AM
    i contacted my old supplier and they said they are waiting for a reading from ee.Thats why i was trying to contact ee.When i called ee in october i gave them all the details regarding the gas metre reading and metre number they said they would send details to old supplier.
    Regarding my old supply i am and have always been in credit so yes its something to look forward too ive received 200 credit refund from old supplier for elec.Both gas and elec have same start date with ee and all readings regarding both metres given at the same time.Old supplier stated yesterday that they are waiting for ee to give gas readings in order to give final bill.They have said they will not claim dd but too late to stop the one they are taking out tomorrow.new supplier is economy energy i thought this thread was about them
    Last edited by stevenpc; 12-11-2017 at 7:36 AM.
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 12th Nov 17, 7:55 AM
    • 1,162 Posts
    • 1,605 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    Hi all,
    I'm looking at swapping from British Gas to Economy Energy, EE are stating I can save approximately 300 per year with low cost monthly DD's

However, I'm struggling to find any feedback on the company other than TrustPilot, just wondering if anyone on here has any feedback?

Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by Chronicle
    Mse feedback thread:-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5468653&highlight=feedback+on+eco nomy+energy

and another thread :-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4399311&page=10&highlight=feedbac k+on+economy+energy

hth

f&w
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
    • Phoenix2312
    • By Phoenix2312 9th Jan 18, 11:21 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Phoenix2312
    Economy Energy are a new one to me, but allow me to give you some advance warning.

My sister had a call from them, cold calling as usual, and they asked her about switching... She refused as she was happy with her provider, E-On.

DESPITE 8 TIMES OF SAYING NO - THEY STILL PROCEEDED AND SHE RECIEVED ME CATS AND KEYS THROUGH THE POST AFTER THE 14 DAY COOLING OFF PERIOD!!!

Now let's be fair, this is a new company, and they will screw up... But at this time I have to advise treating them with cartoon, they are obviously not prepared for the marketplace and have staff who will betray all consumer rights to hit commission targets.

Let us hope that management get this in order.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

17Posts Today

3,401Users online

Martin's Twitter