Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,385Posts
    • 36,686Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 998
    • frequent
    • By frequent 10th Feb 18, 12:28 PM
    • 4,907 Posts
    • 96,987 Thanks
    frequent
    BP double points on Ultimate fuel ( exp 01/03/18 )

Stack with 5p off a litre when you buy 2 selected products.

To swipe card before or after ?
    Reaching a life point where " you don't give flying bollock', its kind of cool here "
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 10th Feb 18, 12:29 PM
    • 1,292 Posts
    • 17,029 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Afternoon elite, Sainsbobs has pedigree Tasty Bites chewy cubes, mega pack boxes containing 5 large bags. No sel but scanning at 20p in my area. Its a big yellow box with red stripe down one side. bc ending 151542
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Feb 18, 12:32 PM
    • 16,870 Posts
    • 206,794 Thanks
    mhoc
    Does everyone know about Glenliven(??) yogurt on COS buy from Sainsburys - get 1.50 back and its only 2 so final price is only 50p in real money. There are 3 flavours and remember to look for better dates at the back of the shelf.

I ran out of Mullers - I expect everyone still has dozens of them. I liked the pistatio ones but otherwise OH and Errant son eat the rest, they are too fiddly for me

Still no sigh of these small hippeas packs but I did find the Shopimum free sauce
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 10th Feb 18, 12:33 PM
    • 2,453 Posts
    • 28,133 Thanks
    curl girl
    Persil all in one dw tablets box of 28.
    1.25 Iceland.
    Last edited by curl girl; 10-02-2018 at 1:02 PM.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Feb 18, 12:39 PM
    • 16,870 Posts
    • 206,794 Thanks
    mhoc
    I agree totally mhoc. Im pleased I only have 2 children, Im unsure I could cope with anymore. The difference in the pace of their lives and ours is huge. They fly around the world at the drop of a hat, travel to London for a party etc and cram so much into every minute of the day that it leaves me breathless.
    DS is just back from Manila/ Hong Kong but is home later today. DD is in Liverpool on a one day course but will be home later too.....and heres me sat in my dressing gown trying to work out the cheapest place to buy fabric softener
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Exactly - I think even in my extreme youth I never had the energy to cram in half the things they manage to cram into an average weekend. Its like they are terrified of having gaps where they are doing nothing.
    I've managed to dress, organise whats for dinner and been to Mr T for cashback items, done all of the receipt uploads - on a wet miserable February day I think thats quite impressive
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 10th Feb 18, 12:40 PM
    • 6,593 Posts
    • 89,651 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

685.13 miles 10.4.18
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 10th Feb 18, 12:43 PM
    • 4,568 Posts
    • 90,660 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Persil all in one dw tablets box is 28.
    1.25 Iceland.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Are these this week's special Iceland 7 day offer please curl girl ?

Just wondering if it's a store specific buy.

thanks
    Last edited by izzeyb; 10-02-2018 at 1:03 PM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Feb 18, 12:45 PM
    • 16,870 Posts
    • 206,794 Thanks
    mhoc
    I had to change my password too. Totally forgot what password was, as use autofill. What a scutter LOL

Got my Thornies choc heart today
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    When we got ours the receipt came with a till spit to get the little packs for 1 instead of 3 - the ones we got free from was it 0002 ??? Anyway OH got the dark chocolate gingers ones which were quite nice - scoffed the entire pack last night
    I got the marzipan ones with the almond on the top and they are tasteless - I've only had 3 as I have self control
    But this has reminded me to email a complaint.
    You used to get Thorntons misshapes from Home Bargains for 1 and odd times there were these marzipan ones which were very nice - not any more.
    I wish I'd got the coffee ones now
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 10th Feb 18, 12:56 PM
    • 14,572 Posts
    • 234,994 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Waitrose
    FYI
    I needed something cheap to reach 10 to get free paper. I had a 1.50 coupon for nuts
    Did not really want them but heyho they were free
    No problem sa scanning a 1.50 voucher against a 1 pack. So 50 p profit on nuts
    Guessing it will work on most mailing vouchers unless a specific item named. HTH
    Todays 11 shop cost 1.55
    Oh I will so miss pyo
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Feb 18, 1:01 PM
    • 12,645 Posts
    • 143,531 Thanks
    Anon
    FYI
    I needed something cheap to reach 10 to get free paper. I had a 1.50 coupon for nuts
    Guessing it will work on most mailing vouchers unless a specific item named. HTH
    Todays 11 shop cost 1.55
    Oh I will so miss pyo
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    But they have been listening and responding to customer feedback ... yeah right! Please replace PYO with two random vouchers every few months ... I cannot see many have requested that!

Anon
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 10th Feb 18, 1:02 PM
    • 4,568 Posts
    • 90,660 Thanks
    izzeyb
    FYI
    Todays 11 shop cost 1.55
    Oh I will so miss pyo
    Originally posted by zippydooda

and me

I thought they might have fixed not having to spend the full amount to meet the conditional spend vouchers, but this came a bit out of the blue
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 10th Feb 18, 1:04 PM
    • 2,453 Posts
    • 28,133 Thanks
    curl girl
    Are these this week's special Iceland 7 day offer please curl girl ?

Just wondering if it's a store specific buy.

thanks
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Not a 7 day, just normal shelf label.
    They had the rinse aid at 1 as well.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Feb 18, 1:20 PM
    • 51,256 Posts
    • 617,105 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Dont know if people know about this, saw it today and dont know why pic upside down
    2 in "poundland"

This is the big Vanish 1.3kg 5 they had the pink ones as well
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 1 1/2lb
    • lalli_pickle
    • By lalli_pickle 10th Feb 18, 1:24 PM
    • 636 Posts
    • 2,983 Thanks
    lalli_pickle
    Haven!!!8217;t checked back yet but dettol antibacterial wipes are on pot.

10 packs at 3.60 plus coffee and paper (there was no magazine) makes 40+
    Two for 4 so 20
    Minus 20% of 36 so 12.80
    Minus 4 off 40 mailing 8.80

Also did frying steak and mince on another shop for 15.

Had 1.50 off soft drinks and whites lemonade on pot, 1.35 each or two for 2 so better than free.

And thanks to whoever posted the be fish fingers I now have a nice stock of those too.

Off to read back since this password change thing has had me stumped all day
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 10th Feb 18, 1:33 PM
    • 2,493 Posts
    • 29,350 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    [QUOTE=E.ON Company Representative: Malc;73854727]

Thanks HILLBERN. After today, I'm out of the office until Tuesday so don't worry if I don't reply straightaway. I'll pick it up when I'm back.

Have a good weekend.

Malc
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    son had phone call apparently its been said his case is not applicable for the back billing rule, so he has to pay...therefore hes complained and taken it to the next level.
    further correspondence will be via email as hes on holiday soon
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th Feb 18, 1:34 PM
    • 10,010 Posts
    • 115,539 Thanks
    emerald21
    When we got ours the receipt came with a till spit to get the little packs for 1 instead of 3 - the ones we got free from was it 0002 ??? Anyway OH got the dark chocolate gingers ones which were quite nice - scoffed the entire pack last night
    I got the marzipan ones with the almond on the top and they are tasteless - I've only had 3 as I have self control
    But this has reminded me to email a complaint.
    You used to get Thorntons misshapes from Home Bargains for 1 and odd times there were these marzipan ones which were very nice - not any more.
    I wish I'd got the coffee ones now
    Originally posted by mhoc
    The girl in Chester said they had changed owners and the broken pieces etc aren t forthcoming anymore so I don t know

Good Afternoon
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 10th Feb 18, 1:35 PM
    • 14,572 Posts
    • 234,994 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Thought Id treat Mrs zippy. Thanks to peeps discarded receipts

Was getting the j2o for a possible 1.50 apg but oos

• nanx4
    • By nanx4 10th Feb 18, 1:58 PM
    • 219 Posts
    • 2,573 Thanks
    nanx4
    Afternoon

Dont know if its been mentioned as not been able to keep up lately.

The Yeo valley yogurts on cos 1 back ,there is also a 1 coupon off in the Feb Tesco Magazine,

They are 2.50 T 1.25 v S

So could be 75p profit
    • locarr
    • By locarr 10th Feb 18, 2:15 PM
    • 7,939 Posts
    • 140,534 Thanks
    locarr
    Afternoon ALL!

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 10th Feb 18, 2:27 PM
    • 20,140 Posts
    • 263,592 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I don't think they currently have a multi - they are between offers and setting the high price to comply with the promotions law (so ripping people off for a while ).

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Heinz Spaghetti Sausages, Ravioli, Mac. Cheese etc. and Batchelor's Cup-a-Soups are now ones to watch. I noticed they were no longer on rollback yesterday and are now 1.07 - the same price as the individual price of other items that are on the 5 for 3 mbuy. I assume these former rollback items are straight 1.07, which they now have to establish since the mbuy is more expensive than the rollback price. Being the same individual price though, they look set to move into the mbuy on the one day I stop looking at them - I assume it's buy overnight on the morning the mbuy starts (bet it'll be a Monday and stores here not open that overnight) and before the A mbuy pricing gets updated into the system.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,769Posts Today

8,800Users online

Martin's Twitter