Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,383Posts
    • 36,675Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 997
    • tea=tart=and=rice
    • By tea=tart=and=rice 10th Feb 18, 9:43 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    tea=tart=and=rice
    Long time lurker posting (very shy) loving all your input so heartfelt thanks from me.

I have a little query please for all COS experts. Ive recently bought the nivea deo and received cashback for it. Unfortunately it would appear to have caused an allergic reaction with my husband and i have bought five just windring what 5he specific rules are on returning items when youve claimed. Not very money saving to be saddled with 5 deodorants that cant be used.

Thanks for reading chaps.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Feb 18, 9:43 AM
    • 16,842 Posts
    • 206,628 Thanks
    mhoc
    If you have an infant aged 3 months - 24 months then check your survey emails this morning from the pale people north of the border - nice little trail coming up and surveys going out.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Feb 18, 9:45 AM
    • 16,842 Posts
    • 206,628 Thanks
    mhoc
    Long time lurker posting (very shy) loving all your input so heartfelt thanks from me.

I have a little query please for all COS experts. Ive recently bought the nivea deo and received cashback for it. Unfortunately it would appear to have caused an allergic reaction with my husband and i have bought five just windring what 5he specific rules are on returning items when youve claimed. Not very money saving to be saddled with 5 deodorants that cant be used.

Thanks for reading chaps.
    Originally posted by tea=tart=and=rice
    Do you still have your original receipt?
    Me personally I would be contacting whoever owns Nivea now - they must have a customer service department someone online - they take bad reactions very seriously
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 10th Feb 18, 9:57 AM
    • 3,038 Posts
    • 44,080 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Good morning

Had to change password to get back in apparently mine was 2875 days old but just changed it to the same

Have been so busy at work Ive only just had chance to catch up and am gutted I missed the porridge as its something we spend real money on but well done Izzy

Hope everyone is well and hugs to those that are needing one and for those of you that are missing if you are reading just pop your head in to just say youre okay xx
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Feb 18, 9:59 AM
    • 19,173 Posts
    • 206,953 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, what a grey day but at least it is dry.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets muddled between Lidl and Aldi - all I can remember for sure is that I have to go to Aldi for croissants because Lidl stopped doing the ones OH likes. Of course, it does not help that they are literally on diagonally opposite sides of the crossroad here
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • gocat
    • By gocat 10th Feb 18, 10:06 AM
    • 5,030 Posts
    • 59,057 Thanks
    gocat
    When you do get your next op date then the blood they give you will have been collected very shortly beforehand - maybe in the week or so before. And it wont have come far - probably Cheshire or Lancashire
    I think I would be desperate to know where it had come from if I had a transfusion - packs are all barcoded now so they can trace its movement every step of the way.

I am group B rh positive - it looks like I am quite uncommon. https://www.blood.co.uk/why-give-blood/the-need-for-blood/group-b/
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Same as my son. Most of my family are rh neg. Both indemand ones. AFAIK my son gets called up regularly to donate but as he travels a lot often cant do it. I cant do it as under cancer treatment and also often get anaemic.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Feb 18, 10:14 AM
    • 12,645 Posts
    • 143,529 Thanks
    Anon
    I have got 4 off 40 W vouchers ... same as previous times . Mrs Anon received nothing .

I have never in my life spent 40 in W in one transaction. If they were looking to reel me in, surely starting with 2 off 20 or 3 off 30 would be a better place to start ...? Also marmite and nuts money off vouchers - so quickly use those two while MyP is still on .

Anon
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 10th Feb 18, 10:33 AM
    • 2,127 Posts
    • 26,822 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    I had to change my password too. Totally forgot what password was, as use autofill. What a scutter LOL

Got my Thornies choc heart today
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Feb 18, 10:36 AM
    • 34,161 Posts
    • 477,691 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    No I don't think they are less worry as they get older, its just the things that you worry about change. My older ones with being so far away I don't get to know about the minutia of their daily lives - I just get edited highlights. Instead I am still doing a head count when I first wake up - where everyone is on any one day - worst still now as I also have to think where s-I-l and GF are. And the imagination runs riot as to what might be happening in their lives ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I agree totally mhoc. Im pleased I only have 2 children, Im unsure I could cope with anymore. The difference in the pace of their lives and ours is huge. They fly around the world at the drop of a hat, travel to London for a party etc and cram so much into every minute of the day that it leaves me breathless.
    DS is just back from Manila/ Hong Kong but is home later today. DD is in Liverpool on a one day course but will be home later too.....and heres me sat in my dressing gown trying to work out the cheapest place to buy fabric softener
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Feb 18, 10:39 AM
    • 34,161 Posts
    • 477,691 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Theres been some great suggestions on here on how best to use the W conditional spends. Im ignoring them for now as Im still hoping that the postie will deliver mine today. I dont want to spook it

Ive just banked some Yeokens, done a pasta/ flour stocktake, filled in an application form for an Iceland bonus card. Dont really want to use it to save but wondering if I might get some offers on the back of itand now Im going to write my lists for today.

Weather is horrible. I intend to go shoplifting
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 10th Feb 18, 11:30 AM
    • 14,803 Posts
    • 255,069 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning
    Not

Weather is atrocious, my poor 20p Primroses
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 10th Feb 18, 11:36 AM
    • 14,803 Posts
    • 255,069 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    nanny was yesterday's smartest player!

26 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Saturday): Literature 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• gocat
    • By gocat 10th Feb 18, 11:43 AM
    • 5,030 Posts
    • 59,057 Thanks
    gocat

[/COLOR]
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Love this. Contemplating growing out my over highlighted hair . Goodness knows how much grey will appear
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 10th Feb 18, 11:53 AM
    • 2,442 Posts
    • 28,054 Thanks
    curl girl
    Morning peeps

Been to Lidl for the Cava 3.49 weekend offer. Nearly forgot about it.
    The batch I had last time was nice, hope this is as treated myself to 6.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Feb 18, 12:01 PM
    • 12,645 Posts
    • 143,529 Thanks
    Anon
    Do I get the record? 4763 days since I changed my password according to the MSE instruction .

Anon
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 10th Feb 18, 12:07 PM
    • 2,127 Posts
    • 26,822 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Wish I had noted my number of days. You would still win by quite a bit Anon
    • lj*
    • By lj* 10th Feb 18, 12:15 PM
    • 214 Posts
    • 2,237 Thanks
    lj*
    AAARGH!!!! Why is it making me log in every time! It's supposed to remember me with my updated password and I keep having to hunt it out again.
    I expect it knows I'm supposed to be tidying up
    • princesspineapplehead
    • By princesspineapplehead 10th Feb 18, 12:16 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    princesspineapplehead
    Hi everyone

I can't see any multi on the muller single yogs, does anyone know if there is instore in asda?
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Feb 18, 12:19 PM
    • 12,645 Posts
    • 143,529 Thanks
    Anon
    Hi everyone

I can't see any multi on the muller single yogs, does anyone know if there is instore in asda?
    Originally posted by princesspineapplehead
    I dont think they currently have a multi - they are between offers and setting the high price to comply with the promotions law (so ripping people off for a while ).

Anon
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Feb 18, 12:25 PM
    • 16,842 Posts
    • 206,628 Thanks
    mhoc
    There!!!8217;s been some great suggestions on here on how best to use the W conditional spends. I!!!8217;m ignoring them for now as I!!!8217;m still hoping that the postie will deliver mine today. I don!!!8217;t want to spook it

I!!!8217;ve just banked some Yeokens, done a pasta/ flour stocktake, filled in an application form for an Iceland bonus card. Don!!!8217;t really want to use it to save but wondering if I might get some offers on the back of itand now I!!!8217;m going to write my lists for today.

Weather is horrible. I intend to go shoplifting
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    With your Iceland card you should receive some opening offers - I think it might be on their webpage. My Iceland card tooks months to arrive and then when it arrived it came with no coupons etc. I contacted them and they said that they would send me some gift vouchers and 5 1 vouchers arrived in the post. I cant remember how I contacted them - either by email or via twitter messanger ...
    Anyway no gaurantees but something to bear in mind
    Last edited by mhoc; 10-02-2018 at 12:51 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,934Posts Today

8,475Users online

Martin's Twitter