Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,379Posts
    • 36,674Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 996
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 10th Feb 18, 7:34 AM
    • 3,528 Posts
    • 36,477 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    I'm A Positive, apparently my 91st pint recently donated went from Lincolnshire to Queens Hospital, Romford

ChelseaFred
    Originally posted by ChelseaFred
    Wow 91 pints well done.

I was always too scared of the needle to give blood. I always went with every intention to do it but chickened out at the last minute. All the blood tests, chemo etc cured my fear but when I enquired I'll never be able to donate I wish I had done it when I could. I had to come off the bone marrow list too.

Good morning.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 10th Feb 18, 7:36 AM
    • 3,133 Posts
    • 48,444 Thanks
    elainemn
    Have you been to the new Lidl in Hton......I drove past there last week...it looks sort of sexy
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Morning everyone. It is a lovely Lidl. Really local for me.
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 10th Feb 18, 7:44 AM
    • 173 Posts
    • 1,572 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    I have 12 in the fish freezer and 4 large crabs and 3 small crabs, I have been feeding everyone that visits them or bass as we have a lot of those to. Everyone thinks we are well posh.
    Originally posted by rhosynbach
    You have a FISH freezer? You must be very posh indeed
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 10th Feb 18, 7:54 AM
    • 4,180 Posts
    • 46,403 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Saturday.
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 10th Feb 18, 8:13 AM
    • 3,337 Posts
    • 48,374 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Morning luvlies

Just seen a post on FB that the Argos clearance store in Stanley (Co Durham) has 50% off all their bikes. It goes under the name of Clearance Bargains, there's other stores too in Corby, Northants and another in the West mids. Not sure they have the same offer.

Did not know about this place, miles from me but might be handy for someone. Been looking at the pics on google, the place is huge and appears to sell everything.
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • lesliejack
    • By lesliejack 10th Feb 18, 8:18 AM
    • 1,478 Posts
    • 10,672 Thanks
    lesliejack

all nectar bonus points present and correct where they should be.
    essex girl in exile
    • gocat
    • By gocat 10th Feb 18, 8:37 AM
    • 5,017 Posts
    • 58,948 Thanks
    gocat
    Got a link please?

Just been to Lidl to use my amex, bought 6 packs of coffee beans. Job done.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Has Lidls got an Amex offer too?

Morning all
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Feb 18, 8:39 AM
    • 28,927 Posts
    • 421,965 Thanks
    tweets
    Thanks, I will do, I think I need to stop worrying about everyone else, I thought as the kids get older it would be less worry, but they have partners and kids and I worry over them as well. Sent ds2 to Anglesey to take a plate of dinner, some cake and chocolate for his oh as she decided not to come down after being out with coast guard. Did not like her being in an empty house with no tea.

think I I am the least posh on here. I got asked to leave a shop yesterday, they did not like my wellies

I cant go in shop up road with my woolly hat and hood up get told to remove or they wont serve me Wouldn't care but staff know me I been going in shop over 30 years
    Lost 3st-3.5lb
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 10th Feb 18, 8:39 AM
    • 16,634 Posts
    • 281,199 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Morning all. I can!!!8217;t get on from my iPad because it doesn!!!8217;t like my new password but it does from my phone. Strange!

This does mean that I might not be about much until I can sort the password prob so if there!!!8217;s anything exciting going on, shout very loudly!
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Feb 18, 8:42 AM
    • 26,043 Posts
    • 316,928 Thanks
    davemorton
    Morning all.

Has Lidls got an Amex offer too?

Morning all
    Originally posted by gocat
    No, sorry, was just me getting the two shops mixed up.

Morning all. I can!!!8217;t get on from my iPad because it doesn!!!8217;t like my new password but it does from my phone. Strange!

This does mean that I might not be about much until I can sort the password prob so if there!!!8217;s anything exciting going on, shout very loudly!
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Try a different password?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Feb 18, 8:43 AM
    • 28,927 Posts
    • 421,965 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

Raining again
    Lost 3st-3.5lb
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 10th Feb 18, 8:53 AM
    • 3,841 Posts
    • 53,668 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

Well its wet and miserable weather Shame as the sun made everyone seem happier well except DH He is struggling with me being at home He likes an afternoon nap in complete silence and apparently I disturb that by just being here Tough

I am sadly still reliant on him for transport as my car repairs have not been completed OMG I feel like a caged animal

I have a list of shops for today and tomorrow and hopefully a car for Monday

Enjoy whatever you do
    Retiree in training
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 10th Feb 18, 8:57 AM
    • 1,634 Posts
    • 27,681 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Greenjim have 70p back on Carte dor 900ml at Tesco on offer at 1.75.
    Also Sbobs Birdseye battered cod fillets 4 large 70p back on offer at 3 also uncle bens rice 250g 50p back on offer 1
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 10th Feb 18, 8:57 AM
    • 16,634 Posts
    • 281,199 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Morning all.

Try a different password?
    I'm in - I forgot that my user name has capital letters in it
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • lj*
    • By lj* 10th Feb 18, 9:10 AM
    • 214 Posts
    • 2,237 Thanks
    lj*
    Morning all, damp and dismal here today..but at least it's half term!
    Well that was a marathon of resetting passwords and emails but I'm back now. Hope they don't do that too often. I am determined to do a tidy up today and not slope off to the shops........some hope!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Feb 18, 9:19 AM
    • 16,819 Posts
    • 206,474 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all - still raining here but you knew that already....

I got the Shopimum freebie yesterday the Capsicana sauce so we are going to have a go with it tonight - chicken strips as on the pack suggestion plus rice - what else can we do with it - there are 3 of us tonight so I have to fill it out a bit ...

(Even better if you get it from waitrose as its 1.99 and a good addition to your conditional spend shops. No mailing from waitrose here )
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Feb 18, 9:26 AM
    • 16,819 Posts
    • 206,474 Thanks
    mhoc
    I'm A Positive, apparently my 91st pint recently donated went from Lincolnshire to Queens Hospital, Romford

ChelseaFred
    Originally posted by ChelseaFred
    You must have a completely straight run then - no time off for ailments or illness or visits to strange lands
    Were you also a platelet donah

I seem to remember you get an invite to a fancy dinner when you get to 100???

I had time off for babies and I was anaemic once so I've only done 61

What colour card are you on - the gold one runs up to 75 donations - not sure what it afterwards
    Last edited by mhoc; 10-02-2018 at 9:34 AM.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 10th Feb 18, 9:29 AM
    • 5,017 Posts
    • 58,948 Thanks
    gocat
    Morning all.

?
    Ah yeah saw that when reading further on. Best to correct your post or else someone will get caught out
    Mind you. Does Lidl even accept amex yet. If not, maybe they will have an offer soon
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Feb 18, 9:32 AM
    • 16,819 Posts
    • 206,474 Thanks
    mhoc
    Thanks, I will do, I think I need to stop worrying about everyone else, I thought as the kids get older it would be less worry, but they have partners and kids and I worry over them as well. Sent ds2 to Anglesey to take a plate of dinner, some cake and chocolate for his oh as she decided not to come down after being out with coast guard. Did not like her being in an empty house with no tea.

think I I am the least posh on here. I got asked to leave a shop yesterday, they did not like my wellies
    No I don't think they are less worry as they get older, its just the things that you worry about change. My older ones with being so far away I don't get to know about the minutia of their daily lives - I just get edited highlights. Instead I am still doing a head count when I first wake up - where everyone is on any one day - worst still now as I also have to think where s-I-l and GF are. And the imagination runs riot as to what might be happening in their lives ...
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Feb 18, 9:40 AM
    • 16,819 Posts
    • 206,474 Thanks
    mhoc
    This seems strange as there's a high chance I will need a blood transfusion it would be strange if I got uour blood. I'm A rhesus negative what group are you?
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    When you do get your next op date then the blood they give you will have been collected very shortly beforehand - maybe in the week or so before. And it wont have come far - probably Cheshire or Lancashire
    I think I would be desperate to know where it had come from if I had a transfusion - packs are all barcoded now so they can trace its movement every step of the way.

I am group B rh positive - it looks like I am quite uncommon. https://www.blood.co.uk/why-give-blood/the-need-for-blood/group-b/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,780Posts Today

8,242Users online

Martin's Twitter