Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,386Posts
    • 36,688Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 990
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Feb 18, 5:05 PM
    • 5,312 Posts
    • 63,939 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    My password was 444 days old and I still had to change it.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Mine was 392 days.

Had to make a real effort to remember it.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Feb 18, 5:07 PM
    • 5,312 Posts
    • 63,939 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Afternoon all, I hope the elite are well.

Ds2 oh was meant to come to dinner but has been called out for a serious incident on the Newborough beach apparently there are dozens of coastguard and police there I , k hope everyone is OK. Xx
    Originally posted by rhosynbach
    Is that Malltraeth?

News says two bodies found.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Old Bill
    • By Old Bill 9th Feb 18, 5:20 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 959 Thanks
    Old Bill
    I am also on the spend 2k in 3 months challenge - wish I'd done it before Christmas as it would have been easily sorted.

MY OH does not know this is why I have the new Amex card otherwise he would be very keen to join in spending 2k in 3 months.

It was very easy to get the card but I hadn't quite worked it out beforehand, the logistics of it.
    My normal everyday household spending will just about come to 1k over 3 months. The other 1K is going to be problematical.
    I tried to pay the coal bill the other day and they reared up in fright at the thought of a Amex payment. I did managed to pay for some hotel rooms with it - Premier inn take it now with no surcharge. There will be some extra petrol as well beyond normal usage if we have more weekends away.
    The next final balance for holidays I don't think is due until late March so that's too late unless I ring them and see if they will take some off the final balance (this was a company that surcharged so I don't know if they still do)
    Beyond that I am stuck. I had a look at United Utilities but they give a discount for direct debit.
    Pondering If I could overpay Scottish Power - I think I have used a credit card before to put the account back into credit.
    And then there is the council tax but I on principal I don't want to pay that in advance ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    You can use the Amex card on your PayPal account. This helps sometimes when the retailer etc doesn't take Amex but does accept PayPal. Worth checking, it's helped me on quite a few occasions.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 9th Feb 18, 5:24 PM
    • 14,572 Posts
    • 234,998 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Hmm - never seen this before - I don't like change

Originally posted by Chrisv
    just changed mine to exactly the same one
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 9th Feb 18, 5:31 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Is that Malltraeth?

News says two bodies found.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Yes it is, oh no so sad, it's also really hard for the coastguards I know it effects her when they have to deal with things like this. Even though she is a nurse she finds this harder than working at the hospital.
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 9th Feb 18, 5:32 PM
    • 1,644 Posts
    • 27,780 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Just asked me to change again

6 tickets for The Listed Property show at Olympia on 24/25 Feb going to recycle bin
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 9th Feb 18, 5:38 PM
    • 3,551 Posts
    • 36,705 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Just had a text from Blood donation service re my donation of January 25th and my blood has gone to Royal Preston Hospital - so it hasn't gone far, just up the M6.

Last time it went to Aintree.

I know this is pathetic but its reducing me to tears, the thought that some unknown stranger is so unwell or injured that they are in hospital having a blood donation ....
    This seems strange as there's a high chance I will need a blood transfusion it would be strange if I got uour blood. I'm A rhesus negative what group are you?
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 7.5lb
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 9th Feb 18, 5:41 PM
    • 14,572 Posts
    • 234,998 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Just had a text from Blood donation service re my donation of January 25th and my blood has gone to Royal Preston Hospital - so it hasn't gone far, just up the M6.

I know this is pathetic but its reducing me to tears, the thought that some unknown stranger is so unwell or injured that they are in hospital having a blood donation ....
    or maybe someone you know
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 9th Feb 18, 5:44 PM
    • 14,572 Posts
    • 234,998 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Thanks for the heads up zippydooda. I'll be a bit more careful down the line.

Malc
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    so you know enough to have removed the white writing
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Feb 18, 5:51 PM
    • 14,812 Posts
    • 255,161 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Your password is 2396 days old, and has therefore expired.

Please change your password using this page.

being paranoid - I had to open a different browser to check if it was for real (doesn't the forum look different when you aren't signed in ) checked the thread - loads of you mentioning it so it wasn't just me
    Back to normal browser & off around the ruddy houses, couldn't remember password combination then tried the old one as new one but now has to be 8 characters

and breathe
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 9th Feb 18, 6:06 PM
    • 2,453 Posts
    • 28,150 Thanks
    curl girl
    Anyone on Tesco mobile, and having problems with signal, we have not had signal for 2 days now, not receiving messages but can send them. Whatsapp not letting you voicecall either.[/QUOTE]

Yes me!
    I'm sending messages but they don't get received.
    Or I send them and they are received twice.
    No signal for a day then it returns.
    Ok for a few days then goes again.

Puzzled.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 9th Feb 18, 6:06 PM
    • 4,571 Posts
    • 90,714 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Morning.

Looks like the 3 for 10 Easter Eggs in Asda now, but not showing on Mysupermarket just yet.
    Most available from 12th February but some available now.

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/2-for-pound-2.00/ls88679

Cadbury's Creme Eggs now 3 for 1 in Asda, same as Tossers.

And Asda Valentine's Meal Dine in for two for 15, but it's not clear what is included in it.

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/2-for-pound-7.00/ls88668

Originally posted by izzeyb

Asda Valentine's meal deal includes
    A starter, main, 2 sides, dessert and bottle of wine or J20 pack
    Last edited by izzeyb; 09-02-2018 at 6:20 PM.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 9th Feb 18, 6:09 PM
    • 9,777 Posts
    • 150,919 Thanks
    MKS

Just got the same 5722 days. Chose password and tells me it is too weak! Weak it may be but at least I would remember it!
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 9th Feb 18, 6:15 PM
    • 2,675 Posts
    • 30,556 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Asda Valentine's meal deal includes
    A starter, main, 2 sides, dessert and bottle of wine or J20 pack
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Here are the mains and deserts but I cannot find the drinks

https://groceries.asda.com/shelf/romantic-meal-in/mains/_/1152090828
    https://groceries.asda.com/shelf/romantic-meal-in/desserts-sweet-treats/_/1166005066
    Frugal January shopping spend 20:53
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 9th Feb 18, 6:16 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach

I know several of the elite give blood and I was thinking of you all 2 weeks ago when I needed 2 units. Was thinking it would be funny if the elite or dd got a text saying their blood was being used at Bangor. Seriously though it's hard b to express my gratitude to all that give blood to to say you are all life savers and angels is not an exaggeration as I would not be here without it. xxxx
    • tweets
    • By tweets 9th Feb 18, 6:17 PM
    • 28,988 Posts
    • 422,482 Thanks
    tweets
    tweets can you pass this on? tia.

Happy Birthday, neosi. Hope that you have as good a day as you can. xx
    Originally posted by MKS
    I'm sure that is from all of us xx

I miss neosi on here.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C

Thank you

I will tell him I got to reply to his text I got this morning while in work
    Lost 3st-4lb
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 9th Feb 18, 6:18 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Feeling teary now. Not sure why xxx
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 9th Feb 18, 6:18 PM
    • 2,731 Posts
    • 38,125 Thanks
    Claire1972
    Just has to change my password too, 1976 days old x
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 9th Feb 18, 6:20 PM
    • 28,988 Posts
    • 422,482 Thanks
    tweets
    [QUOTE=E.ON Company Representative: Malc;73854830]

Morning (just) tweets and hope you enjoyed the . Why not have another now. I'm sure you deserve it.

Poppy's very generous with her biscuits. We used to have a biscuit tin in the office but it seems to have disappeared. Probably something to do with the current dieting fad. Maybe Poppy will share her biscuits with us.

Have a great weekend.

Malc
    Originally posted by tweets
    Thank you Malc for the and a good evening

Poppy will definitely share her biscuits there is enough to go around the office

Hope you enjoy your time off. I am off for a week
    Lost 3st-4lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 9th Feb 18, 6:24 PM
    • 28,988 Posts
    • 422,482 Thanks
    tweets

I got that and nearly got locked out because when they last told me to change password I forgot what it was lol

I always stay signed in
    Lost 3st-4lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,846Posts Today

7,871Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I hate customer service lines that ALWAYS say, every time you ring (at any time in the day)... "sorry we are experi? https://t.co/GGCGM0WNai

• After the news I'm suing facebook over scam ads, people keep sending me ads with my pic in asking, ?is THIS ad with? https://t.co/lhTmijgnWt

• So Facebook just waxed lyrical about all the things they're doing to stop fake ads. Whoop de whoop. Yet THESE SCA? https://t.co/hP4q6kRuuQ

• Follow Martin