Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,386Posts
    • 36,688Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 988
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 9th Feb 18, 2:22 PM
    • 2,975 Posts
    • 37,164 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Yes I did actually but only the Pizza Express one. I have heard different things. A yes or a no would have done
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Why go on what you hear? Just put finger on 20 card and hey presto, up pops the answer ! It takes approx 2.4786432 seconds

Can never fathom out why people here just don't help themselves a little more rather than rely on everyone else to give them the answers to the most basic of questions. Maybe they're just LAZY !
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 9th Feb 18, 2:35 PM
    • 14,572 Posts
    • 235,008 Thanks
    zippydooda
    I've got the collectables on my carling tap and I have won 4 collectables out of the 14 you need to get a free 4 pack of carling. Last weekend my players on TSYS got 6 goals giving me the 4 collectables and 2 2 off 4 pack. I only win when there is a match on and the next matches are tomorrow at 12:30 and 17:30.
    Originally posted by russetred
    4 pack of zest is 2.45 in morrisons today, if thats the offer you have. thanks chrisv
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 9th Feb 18, 2:39 PM
    • 2,455 Posts
    • 28,173 Thanks
    curl girl
    I've got the collectables on my carling tap and I have won 4 collectables out of the 14 you need to get a free 4 pack of carling. Last weekend my players on TSYS got 6 goals giving me the 4 collectables and 2 2 off 4 pack. I only win when there is a match on and the next matches are tomorrow at 12:30 and 17:30.
    Originally posted by russetred
    Thanks.
    Thought I'd been missing something!
    It will take me forever to get 14 as my players never seemto score.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 9th Feb 18, 2:41 PM
    • 4,063 Posts
    • 76,665 Thanks
    Chrisv
    do you just open it everyday then. tia
    ps got 2 packs of zest in morrisons today
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    I haven't got a clue I just tapped on it and it gave me a "collectable" It's now saying "Coming Soon"

Mebbe as russetred says it only gives them on match days?

Pleased you got your zest zippy I didn't realise that it was REALLY 2.45 in Morries, I just thought it was an apg price error lol.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 9th Feb 18, 2:55 PM
    • 4,063 Posts
    • 76,665 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Hmm - never seen this before - I don't like change

• michaels
    • By michaels 9th Feb 18, 2:56 PM
    • 20,627 Posts
    • 95,368 Thanks
    michaels
    Did you ever try this? it had crossed my mind for the 2k Nectar offer, but the 1.7% would be a lot of money (to me).
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    For the 30k nectar if you converted it to cash at 1pt per 1p during a double up you get about 320 for 34 in fees which seems worth it. Obviously I can't offer a referral on here but you can get extra points with one or wait till October when they tend to run the bonus points promotion giving 30k for a sign up rather than 20k.

Oh yeah I'd forgotten about that. How did you sign up, I wonder if they offer it to people signing up a certain way?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Hmm - I got signed up via an elite referral and then managed to get rejected for an account based on how I said I would use the box - perhaps it is because I said I supplied personal services?

Sadly going back to the OH discussion, despite thinking we should never normally spend 2k in 3 months (given what I earn) OH seems to see it as a personal challenge to spend it in 2 months

Do the 20 meal vouchers have to be used in one go please ?

Good Morning all
    Originally posted by emerald21
    I didn't risk spending the last 1.70 (after the 2 4 1 main and 3 oneTu and 2 x 40 droids) in Cafe Rouge on a third 20 droid in case it took the whole balance as per the T&C, it also meant as I was doing a card transaction I could do a tip.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • go2
    • By go2 9th Feb 18, 2:57 PM
    • 309 Posts
    • 503 Thanks
    go2
    No.
    Had a row in the bank with abrupt sa.
    I've been getting mailing to another person but my address.
    I was concerned that someone may be using my address so called in for advice.
    However due to the other persons data protection she couldn't help me.
    Sod my data protection!
    Not happy and haven't got anywhere other than being upset/angry at how I was spoken to.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Go back and ask to speak to the Bank Manager, they'll say no at first, but insist and they'll give you an appointment with someone higher up than Counter Staff. Spin them a tale about a friend or family member who failed to bring something similar to the banks attention and ended up xyz fraud happening (basically whatever it suites you to say and sounds plausible) tell them that your OH has been worried sick and stressed out since this mail has
    been coming. You told your OH that you had been to the bank but he thinks you're making excuses not to go and fobbing him off because you're not taking him seriously. Could he print out a written confirmation that you have seen him, and what it was about, and what if any action he intends to take about it. Just be apologetic about wasting his valuable time, and you appreciate that he can't do anything about it (of course he can but we want to guilt trip him into doing his job!) but you need it to prove to your OH that you are taking his concerns seriously.

See what happens, at least if anything happens you'll have proof that you tried to do something about it.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 9th Feb 18, 2:57 PM
    • 20,627 Posts
    • 95,368 Thanks
    michaels

Originally posted by Chrisv
    [QUOTE]Your password is 3679 days old, and has therefore expired.

Please change your password using this page.[/QUOTE

I don't think that is true, I think I changed mine a few years ago - also don't like that it is telling me the change password page is not secure
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Feb 18, 2:58 PM
    • 3,167 Posts
    • 33,635 Thanks
    pippo
    You're welcome, mischief is my way of life after all. Well that and Pok!mon (still ridiculously addicted that game)

How's about another naughty limerick?

There once was a mouse named Keith
    Who circumcised men with his teeth
    He didn't do it for leisure
    Nor sexual pleasure
    Just for the cheese underneath!

*runs, runs, runs*
    Originally posted by purpledonkey
    Oh that's bad!
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 9th Feb 18, 2:58 PM
    • 4,063 Posts
    • 76,665 Thanks
    Chrisv

Not just me then...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5791306
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 9th Feb 18, 2:59 PM
    • 10,016 Posts
    • 115,581 Thanks
    emerald21
    Yes you can use more than one at a time
    • michaels
    • By michaels 9th Feb 18, 2:59 PM
    • 20,627 Posts
    • 95,368 Thanks
    michaels
    Got 4x 6 off 30 at W - would have gone for the frozen peas but freezer is full to busting with those 19p fries at Mr S last week
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Feb 18, 3:01 PM
    • 3,167 Posts
    • 33,635 Thanks
    pippo

I got that too and it sent me all around the houses.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 9th Feb 18, 3:03 PM
    • 2,455 Posts
    • 28,173 Thanks
    curl girl
    [QUOTE=michaels;73855848]
    Your password is 3679 days old, and has therefore expired.

Please change your password using this page.[/QUOTE

I don't think that is true, I think I changed mine a few years ago - also don't like that it is telling me the change password page is not secure
    Just changed mine as well.
    Most odd......
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 9th Feb 18, 3:04 PM
    • 4,276 Posts
    • 92,971 Thanks
    Westvleteren

I got that but my password was younger than yours (1837 days)
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• emerald21
    • By emerald21 9th Feb 18, 3:04 PM
    • 10,016 Posts
    • 115,581 Thanks
    emerald21
    Why go on what you hear? Just put finger on 20 card and hey presto, up pops the answer ! It takes approx 2.4786432 seconds

Can never fathom out why people here just don't help themselves a little more rather than rely on everyone else to give them the answers to the most basic of questions. Maybe they're just LAZY !
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback

I said what I did further up. I answer people when they ask questions. Anyway you dont have to answer me.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 9th Feb 18, 3:09 PM
    • 10,016 Posts
    • 115,581 Thanks
    emerald21
    [QUOTE=emerald21;73855902]I said what I did further up. I answer people when they ask questions. Anyway you dont have to answer me.[/QUOTe

Yes and maybe they aren t .
    • go2
    • By go2 9th Feb 18, 3:09 PM
    • 309 Posts
    • 503 Thanks
    go2
    I got that message to change my password as well.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 9th Feb 18, 3:12 PM
    • 10,016 Posts
    • 115,581 Thanks
    emerald21
    In cash? Where have you used your 10 ones?
    Originally posted by mhoc
    No I meant kept the rest on the voucher to use next time .
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 9th Feb 18, 3:14 PM
    • 2,455 Posts
    • 28,173 Thanks
    curl girl
    Go back and ask to speak to the Bank Manager, they'll say no at first, but insist and they'll give you an appointment with someone higher up than Counter Staff. Spin them a tale about a friend or family member who failed to bring something similar to the banks attention and ended up xyz fraud happening (basically whatever it suites you to say and sounds plausible) tell them that your OH has been worried sick and stressed out since this mail has
    been coming. You told your OH that you had been to the bank but he thinks you're making excuses not to go and fobbing him off because you're not taking him seriously. Could he print out a written confirmation that you have seen him, and what it was about, and what if any action he intends to take about it. Just be apologetic about wasting his valuable time, and you appreciate that he can't do anything about it (of course he can but we want to guilt trip him into doing his job!) but you need it to prove to your OH that you are taking his concerns seriously.

See what happens, at least if anything happens you'll have proof that you tried to do something about it.
    Originally posted by go2
    Thanks.
    It's the third letter I've had this year.
    It does worry me about identity theft as mums been through it before.
    SA was very unhelpful, refused to give me my paper work back. I felt like she was protecting the other person rather than helping me with my personal concerns.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,122Posts Today

8,058Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin