Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,386Posts
    • 36,688Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 979
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 8th Feb 18, 9:31 AM
    • 3,856 Posts
    • 53,723 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

I went through the SS with APG's yesterday noting I have never been able to self scan. The cashier just put them through as coupons and that is unusual, normally they scan and authorise They were both under 2.00 each so no big deal

Its a lovely sunny morning , another long lie today as I had been reading till quite late about long term sick leave and disability More reading is required and it may work to my benefit

Enjoy whatever you do and remember about Boots if you need to spend more than 50

Take care
    Retiree in training
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 8th Feb 18, 9:33 AM
    • 2,455 Posts
    • 28,173 Thanks
    curl girl
    Morning all

My cashback finally went payable this morning so I can confirm that my house insurance has cost me the grand total of 11 this year
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    That's amazing, well done.

Mine is due in May so think I'll do a comparison, I'll put a reminder in my diary now!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 8th Feb 18, 9:36 AM
    • 6,594 Posts
    • 89,674 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

685.13 miles 10.4.18
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 8th Feb 18, 9:42 AM
    • 16,639 Posts
    • 281,221 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Well done! That is significantly better than my 150 for buildings and contents .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I thought so

Well done dizzy! Which insurance company did you go through??
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    TCB then Endsleigh

That's amazing, well done.

Mine is due in May so think I'll do a comparison, I'll put a reminder in my diary now!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Use TCB comparison and get CB for that too
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 8th Feb 18, 9:58 AM
    • 2,455 Posts
    • 28,173 Thanks
    curl girl
    I thought so

TCB then Endsleigh

Use TCB comparison and get CB for that too
    Mum's was due in December.
    Age concern was 100 cheaper than her renewal.
    I offered to do it online for her with the hope of 80cb. Still pending......
    I do hope I get it for her though.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 8th Feb 18, 10:02 AM
    • 4,181 Posts
    • 46,415 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Thursday.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 8th Feb 18, 10:08 AM
    • 9,777 Posts
    • 150,919 Thanks
    MKS
    [QUOTE=HILLBERN;73848793]

Morning-

A message from my son we refers to my son

We have owned since new (shared ownership scheme), we were first owners from new. The whole complex heating and electricity is done through E.on. Once we moved in Affinity Sutton (the housing association who we pay rent on the % we do not have) let E.on know we are in the building and set up the account. They (Affinity Sutton) told them that we were on a Housing Association tariff (were they pay the daily standard fee as mentioned before) we are not. We are just normal home owners. This has just come to light now. E.on only process what Affinity Sutton told them so I can't see it is their fault. My thoughts are it is Affinity Sutton for providing the wrong information

Son was at work till late yesterday and missed a call from eon
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Malc will sort it out.
    • never too old
    • By never too old 8th Feb 18, 10:20 AM
    • 2,796 Posts
    • 30,073 Thanks
    never too old
    Morning all
    porridge is no longer on multisave in Mr A
    Wombling in 2018. 314 cc. 113 nec. 2.68 apg
    45 mm
    2 coffee beans(44p)
    5p rk
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 8th Feb 18, 10:28 AM
    • 14,812 Posts
    • 255,169 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning
    I was enjoying 'girlfriends' until tonight's ridiculous episode.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Agreed, absolutely ghastly.

I just dropped my jaw at Fourp - would you really do that to your worst enemy?
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• pepper77
    • By pepper77 8th Feb 18, 10:31 AM
    • 2,365 Posts
    • 6,937 Thanks
    pepper77
    ok so its was the porridge glitch but considering my apg total for year is under 30 and only used 5 vouchers for year not overly abused . i had typed it in.it worked but they were waiting to suspend
    Originally posted by ma-ri-ella
    I didnt mean you might be abusing.

All stores analyse APG throughput, if anyone is fiddling the alarm goes off, similarly if throughput is high, the alarm goes off, if the value/values are high, the alarm goes off. Maybe someone else in your store has been giving them a thrashing.
    I got a "chat" with the manager in a store a few years ago, mind that was a hand wash for free glitch and I was doing two shops at a time, three times a day. At least they got the right bloke !!!
    I havent had a problem for years, I "think"its because I had a couple of run ins with trouts and I stood my ground, explained exactly what I was doing and why it was SADAs problem. I suggested they spend a bit more on computer programming.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 8th Feb 18, 10:38 AM
    • 14,812 Posts
    • 255,169 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    sweeties was yesterday's smartest player!

26 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Thursday): World : UK

Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Venezia
    • By Venezia 8th Feb 18, 10:39 AM
    • 739 Posts
    • 5,441 Thanks
    Venezia
    Good morning everyone.

Four conditional spend vouchers at Waitrose received this morning, valid to 4th March. Plus 2 money off coupons. I hope you all get some.

The letter says that they will be replacing PYO with personalised rewards based on the things you buy most often.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 8th Feb 18, 11:40 AM
    • 14,572 Posts
    • 235,008 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Morning all
    porridge is no longer on multisave in Mr A
    Originally posted by never too old
    As expected
    • michaels
    • By michaels 8th Feb 18, 11:41 AM
    • 20,627 Posts
    • 95,368 Thanks
    michaels
    Morning all

My cashback finally went payable this morning so I can confirm that my house insurance has cost me the grand total of 11 this year
    We got a really nice buildings and contents from Aviva for 70 after cashback - but then they said they would only cover up to 30 days airbnb/paying guests so ended up having to go via a broker and paying 5x as much. One website came up with a lower quote, fine with airbnb etc but no public liability insurance for paying house guests - what use would that be to anyone?!

Good morning all

I went through the SS with APG's yesterday noting I have never been able to self scan. The cashier just put them through as coupons and that is unusual, normally they scan and authorise They were both under 2.00 each so no big deal

Its a lovely sunny morning , another long lie today as I had been reading till quite late about long term sick leave and disability More reading is required and it may work to my benefit

Enjoy whatever you do and remember about Boots if you need to spend more than 50

Take care
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    I find the best thing is to use the hand scanners as the staff on those checkouts just seem to key the apg as a coupon with supervisor over ride, have even managed to get them to take past date apgs, obviously by mistake.

DD1 asked me to read through her essay on whether the US should scrap the death penalty. Thinking we were a nice middle class liberal family I was a bit surprised she came out in favour of retaining it
    Cool heads and compromise
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 8th Feb 18, 12:02 PM
    • 2,365 Posts
    • 6,937 Thanks
    pepper77
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg7-RPLB5LU&feature=youtu.be
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 8th Feb 18, 12:03 PM
    • 26,074 Posts
    • 317,229 Thanks
    davemorton
    We got a really nice buildings and contents from Aviva for 70 after cashback - but then they said they would only cover up to 30 days airbnb/paying guests so ended up having to go via a broker and paying 5x as much. One website came up with a lower quote, fine with airbnb etc but no public liability insurance for paying house guests - what use would that be to anyone?!
    Originally posted by michaels
    Ithought Airb&b covered the liability?
    S do you just rent out a room? How do you find it?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 8th Feb 18, 12:04 PM
    • 5,358 Posts
    • 94,980 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Afternoon peeps.

Free tickets to the Ideal Home Show in London. March 17th to April 2nd.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/ideal-home-show#freetix
    Last edited by scamps1966; 08-02-2018 at 12:10 PM.
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 8th Feb 18, 12:31 PM
    • 3,689 Posts
    • 20,926 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Rtc laundry detergent and ckeaning products in my local Ts less than 5p per wash
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 8th Feb 18, 12:32 PM
    • 182 Posts
    • 1,644 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Good morning all

Take care
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Same happened with my APG yesterday on self scan, SA said 'Oh we have to do these differently on self scan now'
    RIP Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • purpledonkey
    • By purpledonkey 8th Feb 18, 12:37 PM
    • 6,878 Posts
    • 89,285 Thanks
    purpledonkey
    A woman who lived in Cape Cod
    Thought that babies all came from God
    But it weren't the Almighty
    Who lifted her nightie,
    'Twas Roger the Lodger, the s*d.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    one of my favourite limericks...

There once was a man from Bel-Air
    Who was doing his girl on the stair
    As the bannister broke
    He doubled his stroke
    And finished her off in mid air

*runs back to lurking*
    'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,799Posts Today

8,485Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin