Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,382Posts
    • 36,675Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 970
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 7th Feb 18, 3:04 PM
    • 4,564 Posts
    • 90,602 Thanks
    izzeyb
    My porridge shop.

Got rid of some muller APGs

I only got what we/me mum use. 12 spend + fillers, APG for 5.14

Asda V T
    6x Quaker Porridge Oats (1kg) 11.88 9.00
    2x Scott's Porage Original Scottish Porridge Oats (1kg) 4.00 3.00

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Feb 18, 3:05 PM
    • 14,801 Posts
    • 255,061 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Feb 18, 3:13 PM
    • 16,840 Posts
    • 206,625 Thanks
    mhoc

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    I love the colour, so vibrant.
    I was wondering if I ought to try something wild and whacky - there is a gap now of about 5 weeks when we are not due to see any of the offspring and don't have any Important Dates to attend when I could do some experimenting!
    Last edited by mhoc; 07-02-2018 at 3:34 PM.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • lj*
    • By lj* 7th Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    • 214 Posts
    • 2,237 Thanks
    lj*
    Snap that is fabulous! ( wish I had the courage!)
    • Amiethest
    • By Amiethest 7th Feb 18, 3:28 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 1,190 Thanks
    Amiethest
    Hello everyone,

It's been a long time since I've been on here... getting back into the spirit of things. I've read the APG FAQs and am going to have a go at a shop by looking at mysupermatket.

A couple of questions if anyone knows the answers.

1. If it's not 10% cheaper at only one competitor then do they not give a voucher? i.e. Does it have to be more expensive at only 1 in order for them to not pay out?

2. Is looking at my supermarket how others find things likely to compare? Am I on the right track?

Will post results successful or not. Any tips?
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 7th Feb 18, 3:29 PM
    • 2,675 Posts
    • 30,556 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Morning

Looks like the 2 for 3.00 Porridge ending today.
    (1.98/2.00/2.18/2.28/2.38)

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-661179_2256548.html

Quaker Oats/Jumbo Oats and Scotts Porage Oats/Old Fashioned Scotts should compare to Tesco (new offer starting today)/Morries 2 for 3.00 offer.

Quaker Oats/Scotts original works out 85p a box.
    Quaker Jumbo (2.18) and Scotts Old Fashioned (2.28)works out 67/57p a box

Ready Brek Original and Choc v Tesco 1.50. Works out 85p a box

Best comparisons Oats So Simple 2.38 each v Sainsbobs half price offer at 1.22

Original/Variety Pack/Sweet Cinnamon/Strawberry, Raspberry and Cranberry/Apple & Blueberry/Golden Syrup/Apple, Sultana, Raisin and Cranberry works out 22p a box

Double check Sainsbobs website for flavours, above are from Mysupermarket which, like my sums , can be unreliable

Check price they scan through at and the offer comes off (hopefully they won't just rollback) after update.

Don't rely on the SEL showing the offer

Originally posted by izzeyb
    Thanks just tried oatsdo simple will post results if no one has before I get mine
    Morning all
    Originally posted by bubbs

Thank you izzeyb and bubbles for testing....
    Frugal January shopping spend 20:53
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 7th Feb 18, 3:43 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,335 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Help desperately needed from the elite please I have never had a birth certificate, ordered a copy on line from government site and its hard to read so no good for job interviews especially when they copy it is this the only copy I can get or is there a way to get a better copy. Thanks
    • lj*
    • By lj* 7th Feb 18, 3:47 PM
    • 214 Posts
    • 2,237 Thanks
    lj*
    Thanks Izzzy,I thought there was some secret formula you all knew
    I have shopped at a little a that didn't have hardly any of what I wanted so struggked a little and now home have found I am 1 box short, goodness knows how that happened!!!
    Will post results when finally in
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Feb 18, 3:54 PM
    • 14,801 Posts
    • 255,061 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    I love the colour, so vibrant.
    I was wondering if I ought to try something wild and whacky - there is a gap now of about 5 weeks when we are not due to see any of the offspring and don't have any Important Dates to attend when I could do some experimenting!
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Do it. It's only my fringe & it will fade into a nice gentle pastel if I don't recolour it myself It distracts from my greying hair - you can see my grey in this photo but I want that to stay as I can not be bothered with the maintenance of regrowth

Snap that is fabulous! ( wish I had the courage!)
    Originally posted by lj*
    Just a small section or if you are grey you can now buy coloured shampoo that washes out but leaves a gentle violet tint or pink

Help desperately needed from the elite please I have never had a birth certificate, ordered a copy on line from government site and its hard to read so no good for job interviews especially when they copy it is this the only copy I can get or is there a way to get a better copy. Thanks
    Originally posted by rhosynbach
    Go to your local Register Office or a bigger one & they will hand write a certified copy for you for a small charge.
    But keep the original somewhere safe
    Last edited by Snap-ant; 07-02-2018 at 3:59 PM.
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 7th Feb 18, 3:55 PM
    • 4,564 Posts
    • 90,602 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Thank you izzeyb and bubbles for testing....
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme

Have you been gardening marmite ? Far too cold for me to venture into the garden

Has your son had success in finding accommodation ?

• Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 7th Feb 18, 3:56 PM
    • 2,731 Posts
    • 38,125 Thanks
    Claire1972
    My porridge shop.

Got rid of some muller APGs

I only got what we/me mum use. 12 spend + fillers, APG for 5.14

Asda V T
    6x Quaker Porridge Oats (1kg) 11.88 9.00
    2x Scott's Porage Original Scottish Porridge Oats (1kg) 4.00 3.00

Do you buy in 3s, we only eat the golden syrup one.
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 7th Feb 18, 3:57 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,335 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Do it. It's only my fringe & it will fade into a nice gentle pastel if I don't recolour it myself It distracts from my greying hair

Just a small section or if you are grey you can now buy coloured shampoo that washes out but leaves a gentle violet tint or pink

Go to your local Register Office or a bigger one & they will hand write a certified copy for you for a small charge.
    But keep the original somewhere safe
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Thanks does it have to be where your born or any one xx
    By the way love the hair wish I was that brave xxx
    Last edited by rhosynbach; 07-02-2018 at 4:00 PM.
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 7th Feb 18, 4:04 PM
    • 2,326 Posts
    • 6,876 Thanks
    pepper77
    Morning

Looks like the 2 for 3.00 Porridge ending today.
    (1.98/2.00/2.18/2.28/2.38)

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-661179_2256548.html

Quaker Oats/Jumbo Oats and Scotts Porage Oats/Old Fashioned Scotts should compare to Tesco (new offer starting today)/Morries 2 for 3.00 offer.

Quaker Oats/Scotts original works out 85p a box.
    Quaker Jumbo (2.18) and Scotts Old Fashioned (2.28)works out 67/57p a box

Ready Brek Original and Choc v Tesco 1.50. Works out 85p a box

Best comparisons Oats So Simple 2.38 each v Sainsbobs half price offer at 1.22

Original/Variety Pack/Sweet Cinnamon/Strawberry, Raspberry and Cranberry/Apple & Blueberry/Golden Syrup/Apple, Sultana, Raisin and Cranberry works out 22p a box

Double check Sainsbobs website for flavours, above are from Mysupermarket which, like my sums , can be unreliable

Check price they scan through at and the offer comes off (hopefully they won't just rollback) after update.

Don't rely on the SEL showing the offer

Many thanks, results later.
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 7th Feb 18, 4:06 PM
    • 3,339 Posts
    • 48,399 Thanks
    hampydoodums

We are still probably one of the busiest threads on the forum

We are missing some regulars thats for sure and I hope they are all ok....you dare hardly name anyone for fear of missing someone out

But I will....you alright hampy?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Yes Im here TM, been lurking a bit and skimming. Didnt feel completely comfortable tbh when it was mentioned about me returning clothes to S after receiving N points on the transaction. Each to their own I know, its not theft, I still think I did nothing wrong. Hey ho, back to lurkdom
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 7th Feb 18, 4:09 PM
    • 2,675 Posts
    • 30,556 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Originally posted by rhosynbach
    If you know where you were registered....They might be able to help you...
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 7th Feb 18, 4:16 PM
    • 2,675 Posts
    • 30,556 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Have you been gardening marmite ? Far too cold for me to venture into the garden

Has your son had success in finding accommodation ?

Hi izzeyb......I ventured outside...Filled up the nuts for the birds and did a little pottering around.....Just a general tidy.....

Popped up to the Garden Centre to get some onion sets/Shalots and Broad bean seeds...

DS has settled in nicely thank you....This is his third week and already has some of his own clients to deal with.....He's been told he is doing really well.....I am absolutely delighted for him.......Hoping he may come home this weekend....We have a major rugby contest this weekend...... We have conflicting loyalties....

I hope all is well with you.......
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 7th Feb 18, 4:16 PM
    • 2,326 Posts
    • 6,876 Thanks
    pepper77
    Do you buy in 3s, we only eat the golden syrup one.
    Originally posted by Claire1972
    NO, buy in twos.
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 7th Feb 18, 4:20 PM
    • 2,675 Posts
    • 30,556 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Poo Rarge shop....

12 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda v Sainsbury's
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Multigrain Fruit Porridge (385g) 2.38 1.22
    2x Quaker Oat So Simple Coconut Porridge (10x36g) 5.18 2.44
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Summer Berries Porridge (8x35.3) 2.38 N/A
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.13 N/A
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Original Porridge (324g) 2.38 1.22
    1x ASDA Smart Price New Potatoes in Water (550g) 0.35 0.35
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Golden Syrup Porridge (360g) 2.38 1.22
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.11 N/A
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Mixed Berries Porridge (10x33g) 2.38 1.22
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Apple & Blueberry Porridge (360g) 2.38 1.22
    3x Quaker Oat So Simple Sweet Cinnamon Porridge (330g) 7.14 3.66
    1x Quaker Oat So Simple Variety Pack Porridge (297g) 2.38 1.22
    Comparison total (compared products only) 26.95 13.77
    +13.18 cheaper
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Feb 18, 4:22 PM
    • 51,231 Posts
    • 616,961 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Hope you are all porridge'd out
    Did for my sister too as she eats original only and still had her apg from shampoo
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 1 1/2lb
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 7th Feb 18, 4:27 PM
    • 2,675 Posts
    • 30,556 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Afternoon all
    Hope you are all porridge'd out
    Did for my sister too as she eats original only and still had her apg from shampoo
    Originally posted by bubbs

Hellloooooo bubbles....Thank you for the test shop......I now have breakfast sorted for the next year......
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

391Posts Today

5,063Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: Third time lucky? After being delayed twice, tomorrow MPs are due to debate our #RecoverySpace proposals in parliament. @helen_u?

• Just a quick note. I've been overwhelmed by the strength of support by my campaign to stop facebook fake ads today? https://t.co/KexhjVVznY

• RT @mmhpi: On the eve of tomorrow's #RecoverySpace debate in parliament, we just delivered our 10,000 letters to the Chancellor. People in?

• Follow Martin