Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,381Posts
    • 36,675Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 969
    • pippo
    • By pippo 7th Feb 18, 10:50 AM
    • 3,159 Posts
    • 33,563 Thanks
    pippo
    now you have worried me, cant say for sure I know where ours is. Tommorows job - to find all of the certs and take scans.
    Why is the marriage cert needed?
    Originally posted by mhoc
    He needs it for an old work pension I guess to prove that I am entitled to a 'survivor's pension' should I outlive him!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 7th Feb 18, 10:56 AM
    • 3,159 Posts
    • 33,563 Thanks
    pippo
    Ive been working late tonight and drove back through Durham. For some reason some of the street lights were off in the centre as I drove towards the viaduct near the station. At that point a train whistled through above me and it looked as if it was flying through the sky.

An extraordinary sight

]
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    That must have been surreal!
    A great great grandfather of mine was a foreman stone mason who worked on that viaduct.
    • midwinter
    • By midwinter 7th Feb 18, 11:03 AM
    • 3,568 Posts
    • 71,302 Thanks
    midwinter
    Ive been working late tonight and drove back through Durham. For some reason some of the street lights were off in the centre as I drove towards the viaduct near the station. At that point a train whistled through above me and it looked as if it was flying through the sky.
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly

Hogwarts Express
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Feb 18, 11:16 AM
    • 16,837 Posts
    • 206,597 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning curl girl. All the tariffs and deals we currently have available are on our website. There's a variety of products including online tariffs, one and two year fixed deals, a tariff that tracks the market (Cap and Track) and one based on renewable energy.

You can do a quote online through our website too. I'd also pop your usage in kWh on to the independent price comparison sites. These will list options with both us and the other suppliers. See how we stack up.

Hope this helps curl girl. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
    Originally posted by E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    Good reminder. I need to do that as well as I think we are coming to the end of our fixed period.
    The trouble is we are told for the best comparison we have to use the actual usage figures - we are all electric and still on economy 7 - about 60% at night and 40% day. When I do this the top 6 figures are all for companies I don't recognize. In an age where long established big companies cease trading its worrying.
    We used to be with Eon but now with Scottish power for some time. My only issue was when we switched over - we have a night time reading and a day time reading and they were swapped around and it took a few phone calls to convince someone and to get it swapped around - also worry if we switch we will have the same issue again.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Feb 18, 11:18 AM
    • 51,223 Posts
    • 616,856 Thanks
    bubbs
    Yes porridge working but can't post results on phone k hot syrup, original, berries, cinnamon and variety paid 18.35 apg 15.41. Thanks izzey x
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 1 1/2lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Feb 18, 11:23 AM
    • 16,837 Posts
    • 206,597 Thanks
    mhoc
    Does everyone know on Vouchercodes there is a windfall Wednesday - spend over 30 online (think its 40 anyway for home delivery in most places ????) get a 15 Pizza Express e voucher - today only

(I expect as its a gift card you could use it with a Pizza Express offers - best seems to be on Wednesdays)
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • cjj
    • By cjj 7th Feb 18, 11:46 AM
    • 6,348 Posts
    • 84,699 Thanks
    cjj
    Good morning everyone.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Hi Sarah just looking at you signiture. Walk 3000 in a year. You can do that in less than an hour Xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 7th Feb 18, 11:51 AM
    • 4,054 Posts
    • 76,594 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Yes porridge working but can't post results on phone k hot syrup, original, berries, cinnamon and variety paid 18.35 apg 15.41. Thanks izzey x
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Bubbs' results

Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 7th Feb 18, 11:54 AM
    • 3,686 Posts
    • 20,906 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Bubbs' results

Originally posted by Chrisv
    Thank you. Will this still be working this evening at A? Tia
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 7th Feb 18, 11:57 AM
    • 2,674 Posts
    • 30,547 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good morning all.........It is a lovely sunny but cold day......Thinking a bit of gardening this afternoon...

Frugal January shopping spend 20:53
    OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 7th Feb 18, 11:57 AM
    • 4,054 Posts
    • 76,594 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Thank you. Will this still be working this evening at A? Tia
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    Should do
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 7th Feb 18, 12:46 PM
    • 3,854 Posts
    • 53,699 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Thanks for testing You are an
    Retiree in training
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 7th Feb 18, 1:15 PM
    • 14,563 Posts
    • 234,891 Thanks
    zippydooda
    bubbs' results :t

Originally posted by chrisv
    v ?
    • midwinter
    • By midwinter 7th Feb 18, 1:29 PM
    • 3,568 Posts
    • 71,302 Thanks
    midwinter
    v ?
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Should be vs S, looking back at IzzyB's original post:

"Best comparisons Oats So Simple 2.38 each v Sainsbobs half price offer at 1.22

Original/Variety Pack/Sweet Cinnamon/Strawberry, Raspberry and Cranberry/Apple & Blueberry/Golden Syrup/Apple, Sultana, Raisin and Cranberry !!!8211; works out 22p a box"
    Last edited by midwinter; 07-02-2018 at 1:31 PM. Reason: extra info added
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 7th Feb 18, 1:31 PM
    • 4,054 Posts
    • 76,594 Thanks
    Chrisv
    v sains?
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    • michaels
    • By michaels 7th Feb 18, 1:39 PM
    • 20,622 Posts
    • 95,327 Thanks
    michaels
    Good reminder. I need to do that as well as I think we are coming to the end of our fixed period.
    The trouble is we are told for the best comparison we have to use the actual usage figures - we are all electric and still on economy 7 - about 60% at night and 40% day. When I do this the top 6 figures are all for companies I don't recognize. In an age where long established big companies cease trading its worrying.
    We used to be with Eon but now with Scottish power for some time. My only issue was when we switched over - we have a night time reading and a day time reading and they were swapped around and it took a few phone calls to convince someone and to get it swapped around - also worry if we switch we will have the same issue again.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Customer money is ring-fenced so even if the small supplier goes broke you won't lose out.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 7th Feb 18, 1:41 PM
    • 2,433 Posts
    • 28,010 Thanks
    curl girl
    Large can of CarPlan de icer 1 in A.
    Tried a podger shop.
    Thanks Izzey and bubbs for early confirmation.

No multi buy sign on display.
    Hope my shop works this time!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 7th Feb 18, 2:09 PM
    • 2,433 Posts
    • 28,010 Thanks
    curl girl
    Large can of CarPlan de icer 1 in A.
    Tried a podger shop.
    Thanks Izzey and bubbs for early confirmation.

No multi buy sign on display.
    Hope my shop works this time!
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Thanks again, worked for a change.
    12.84 back on my 15 podger spend.

Son has just started to eat this, would like more but no space.
    Happy with 10 boxes.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 7th Feb 18, 2:11 PM
    • 4,564 Posts
    • 90,598 Thanks
    izzeyb
    lj* - I could have written this post about my husband - and the similarity in our names is uncanny

Thanks Izzey - could I have a pm too please?
    Originally posted by Elljay

LOL I only posted to midwinter you have pm because my pm notifications do not 'pop up' for some reason. Also my smillies don't work when logged in from IE

But I wanted to reply to midwinter by pm as I haven't had a 'chat' with her for an awful long time and I didn't want her to miss my pm.

Nothing more in relation to Asda. Unsure of what time exactly asda offers update and unsure if stuff is going to go onto rollback or when a specific thing will end

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Feb 18, 2:57 PM
    • 14,792 Posts
    • 254,965 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    email from SD - take in your card until 27th

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Popped into SD & claimed my free gift. Choice of 3

BUT very limited stock so be quick.

You just have to show your SD card & say you had an email

Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

143Posts Today

1,103Users online

Martin's Twitter