Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,491Posts
    • 36,799Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 759
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th Jan 18, 2:38 PM
    • 15,039 Posts
    • 257,360 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Ohhhhh thank you Snap . I thought I never saw anything about it . Its not like me to forget , being a gangsters moll in a previous life. why was that do you know ? I hope they put it on some other time then
    Originally posted by emerald21
    I don't know Emerald, I saw it in the TV guide & went to set the planner to tape it, but it came up on the TV as Bancroft.
    Like you say I hope it does appear, had Timothy Spall in it too
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jan 18, 2:38 PM
    • 29,449 Posts
    • 425,973 Thanks
    tweets
    I was most disappointed to find that Id missed Hatton Garden which was on for 4 days beginning on the 11 th of December. Does anyone know where I might be able to watch it please ?
    It wasn't on I was looking forward to it and something else appeared. Cant remember what
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th Jan 18, 2:40 PM
    • 15,039 Posts
    • 257,360 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Was the first eviction last night ....
    Originally posted by tweets
    hurrah

I wanted Maggie to win in the start but I can not fault Shane J - such a well balanced 'normal' understanding kind person !!!9829;
    Our Family Motto ~

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 13th Jan 18, 2:42 PM
    • 2,817 Posts
    • 30,796 Thanks
    curl girl
    Been shopping online for 2 front tyres.
    Did a bit of research
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/92873/all-season-tyre-test-20172018-results-by-category

Checked prices for nearly all fitters etc.

Best Price for my choice of Michelin was Kwik Fit, also says you can get free mobile fitting for 2 or more tyres.

Best price per tyre by at least 10. also freebie winter care kit when ordered online
    https://www.kwik-fit.com/offers/michelin-winter-kit-offer and CB from Q 3.5%TCB 3.28%

Still just about 100 each but as car is the newest I have ever had, I want to make sure I get th best I can.

Hope this can help others who may be looking for tyres.

Also you normally get your receipt in a wee booklet that sometimes has money off stuff in it. I know the staff at my local and have always had good service from them.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    I found Formula One cheapest for us last year, have you tried them?
    They are cheaper booking online than calling in and sometimes have discount codes on their website.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jan 18, 2:42 PM
    • 29,449 Posts
    • 425,973 Thanks
    tweets
    I don't know Emerald, I saw it in the TV guide & went to set the planner to tape it, but it came up on the TV as Bancroft.
    Like you say I hope it does appear, had Timothy Spall in it too
    Originally posted by Snap-ant

That was it I remember telling AJ how disappointed I was because I had been waiting all day for having a good programme to watch.
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jan 18, 2:44 PM
    • 29,449 Posts
    • 425,973 Thanks
    tweets
    hurrah

I wanted Maggie to win in the start but I can not fault Shane J - such a well balanced 'normal' understanding kind person !!!9829;
    That's what I was like awful person

I still like Maggie but Shane J is lovely
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jan 18, 2:46 PM
    • 29,449 Posts
    • 425,973 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Afternoon

TM have you looked at Kipling bags ?

You can get roomy ones and not lose your stuff also they are not heavy like some bags are
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 13th Jan 18, 2:51 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Well Im pleased to say Dawn passed her 10 th out of 12 exams to become a chartered accountant

Excellent news. Well done her, it's not easy.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 13th Jan 18, 2:54 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Been shopping online for 2 front tyres.
    Did a bit of research
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/92873/all-season-tyre-test-20172018-results-by-category

Checked prices for nearly all fitters etc.

Best Price for my choice of Michelin was Kwik Fit, also says you can get free mobile fitting for 2 or more tyres.

Best price per tyre by at least 10. also freebie winter care kit when ordered online
    https://www.kwik-fit.com/offers/michelin-winter-kit-offer and CB from Q 3.5%TCB 3.28%

Still just about 100 each but as car is the newest I have ever had, I want to make sure I get th best I can.

Hope this can help others who may be looking for tyres.

Also you normally get your receipt in a wee booklet that sometimes has money off stuff in it. I know the staff at my local and have always had good service from them.
    Mind they don't charge extra for a certain type of air, my local KF did that a couple of years ago.

• braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Jan 18, 2:55 PM
    • 2,255 Posts
    • 28,000 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    I found Formula One cheapest for us last year, have you tried them?
    They are cheaper booking online than calling in and sometimes have discount codes on their website.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Thanks for that, thought I didn't recognise the name.... Nearest centre 218 miles away . Kwik fit a couple of pounds cheaper and then the CB and freebie.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 13th Jan 18, 3:06 PM
    • 10,085 Posts
    • 116,147 Thanks
    emerald21
    Excellent news. Well done her, it's not easy.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious

Thanks Seren are you one ?. No its not especially when she s holding down a demanding job with the council in financing ( she goes to schools to discuss their budget ) amongst other things and has the two young children.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th Jan 18, 3:09 PM
    • 15,039 Posts
    • 257,360 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Afternoon

TM have you looked at Kipling bags ?

You can get roomy ones and not lose your stuff also they are not heavy like some bags are
    You & I know they are brilliant especially the Defea for compartments but I think TM is more upmarket than us

(saying that I do own a leather Defea but have never used it.. )
    Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th Jan 18, 3:17 PM
    • 15,039 Posts
    • 257,360 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Thank you Emerald regarding the Marmite suggestion, googled it & it mentioned Iglu pastilles....
    Runs upstairs & searches through boxes in bathroom... da dah
    Bought in SD for 25p - knew one day someone might need them

Now I've got to trek back up the mountain
    Our Family Motto ~

• newbie1980
    • By newbie1980 13th Jan 18, 3:22 PM
    • 1,928 Posts
    • 23,269 Thanks
    newbie1980
    Thanks for that, thought I didn't recognise the name.... Nearest centre 218 miles away . Kwik fit a couple of pounds cheaper and then the CB and freebie.
    have you tried blackcirles also do tcb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jan 18, 3:24 PM
    • 29,449 Posts
    • 425,973 Thanks
    tweets
    You & I know they are brilliant especially the Defea for compartments but I think TM is more upmarket than us

(saying that I do own a leather Defea but have never used it.. )
    Quite a few of us on here have Kipling bags

I was just pushing TM towards our taste of bags

I got a new Kipling purse for Christmas and prefer it to the old style this one.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XPBHHST/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DS got it me
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 13th Jan 18, 3:32 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Thanks Seren are you one ?. No its not especially when she s holding down a demanding job with the council in financing ( she goes to schools to discuss their budget ) amongst other things and has the two young children.
    No but I've sometimes wished I was

I've only assisted accountants on a temp basis in the past, I used to do the clients' book-keeping for two accountants, and it was fascinating. Shoe-boxes full of a year's worth of tatty receipts, that sort of thing. I used to transform all the muddle into tidy books so that the guys had accurate figures to work with.

Dawn is in a different league altogether, definitely not easy for her with a job and family as well. But the rewards will be worth it.

• Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 13th Jan 18, 3:48 PM
    • 6,711 Posts
    • 90,733 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Well Im pleased to say Dawn passed her 10 th out of 12 exams to become a chartered accountant
    Congratulations

Quite a few of us on here have Kipling bags

I was just pushing TM towards our taste of bags

I got a new Kipling purse for Christmas and prefer it to the old style this one.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06XPBHHST/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

DS got it me
    You and snap persuaded me, I now own a fair few
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 13th Jan 18, 3:55 PM
    • 6,711 Posts
    • 90,733 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    For the bird lovers, think they are all in our garden, our feeder had about 20 on it then in the bush loads aswell

Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 13th Jan 18, 3:58 PM
    • 16,104 Posts
    • 193,925 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    For the bird lovers, think they are all in our garden, our feeder had about 20 on it then in the bush loads aswell

Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    I hear they taste rather nice.... but not much meat on them!

Right off to Mr A...
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jan 18, 4:03 PM
    • 29,449 Posts
    • 425,973 Thanks
    tweets
    Congratulations

You and snap persuaded me, I now own a fair few
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    I bet it didn't take much persuading
    Lost 3st-11.5lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

294Posts Today

3,595Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin