Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,481Posts
    • 36,792Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 758
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 13th Jan 18, 1:22 PM
    • 10,078 Posts
    • 116,107 Thanks
    emerald21
    Well Im pleased to say Dawn passed her 10 th out of 12 exams to become a chartered accountant
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 13th Jan 18, 1:23 PM
    • 10,078 Posts
    • 116,107 Thanks
    emerald21
    I was most disappointed to find that Id missed Hatton Garden which was on for 4 days beginning on the 11 th of December. Does anyone know where I might be able to watch it please ?
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jan 18, 1:25 PM
    • 17,303 Posts
    • 210,294 Thanks
    mhoc
    Why flog the goose that lays the golden egg?
    Originally posted by locarr
    Must agree - always best to keep a low profile.

This is probably not related but I have always wondered. A long while back I had very poor service from a member of staff and I reported them to HQ - they are still working there so they were not sacked and I still avoid this person like a plague - anyway the matter was not resolved, I think I just got the standard replies about passing my message along etc ...

After which I more or less stopped doing normal shopping at sainsbobs for about 7 months (before the days of cashbook shops ) I just went in and did little 1 shops every 7 to 10 days or so and no till spits came out whatsoever over that period - I think in all it was about 9 or 10 months until I got vouchers from the catalina machines ...
    very sinister - hardly a coincidence?
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th Jan 18, 1:25 PM
    • 15,028 Posts
    • 257,248 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Free airfix spitfire in WHSmiths when you buy the mail paper. Worth a ws trip
    Originally posted by lalli_pickle
    Thank you - I'm now the proud owner of a Supermarine spitfire
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th Jan 18, 1:29 PM
    • 15,028 Posts
    • 257,248 Thanks
    Snap-ant

I've been up the mountain to visit That Sister, she was in bed exhausted Her mouth is now full of ulcers
    I took her SDs Zoella Bath tea bags & bath milk (RTC 1.99 from 12 ) as she loves a good bath

Last edited by Snap-ant; 13-01-2018 at 1:33 PM.
    Our Family Motto ~

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jan 18, 1:34 PM
    • 17,303 Posts
    • 210,294 Thanks
    mhoc
    Then Co-op, Xmas roll wrap now 20p a roll, Malteser reindeer 16p, bag of elves and santa chocs 25p for 85g, party poppers 20p etc etc.

Only spent 1, asked for receipt and got 50p off potatoes and 50p off crisps, nuts and snacks.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    You got 2 MOC till spits? That is even better

Have you used them yet?

My store still seemed to have some Christmas chocolate stuff last time - might have to go and have another look.

I went into my other C0-op last night and I got another of the low sugar 2L cloudy lemonades I got last time as OH liked it so much. After blue card discounts it only comes to 59p -it works out cheaper now than getting OHs squash from Morrisons plus at least its another item I can get in a local shop.
    I got a 50p off biscuits like I did a month or so back so I got the 55p custard creams which after blue card discount and the 50p MOC came to a big fat zero

So 59p for 2L cloudy lemonade and a double pack of custard creams - one very happy OH

I was wondering if you get set MOCs in a circuit - have to think back now as to what I got after the biscuit MOC last time to see if there is a pattern.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 13th Jan 18, 1:34 PM
    • 15,028 Posts
    • 257,248 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    I was most disappointed to find that Id missed Hatton Garden which was on for 4 days beginning on the 11 th of December. Does anyone know where I might be able to watch it please ?
    Originally posted by emerald21
    It wasn't on - it was replaced with Bancroft
    Our Family Motto ~

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jan 18, 1:35 PM
    • 17,303 Posts
    • 210,294 Thanks
    mhoc

I've been up the mountain to visit That Sister, she was in bed exhausted Her mouth is now full of ulcers
    I took her SDs Zoella Bath tea bags & bath milk (RTC 1.99 from 12 ) as she loves a good bath

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Little treats are always the best and these look far more expensive than they actually are.
    Baths are very soothing when you are feeling low.
    Her mouth must be very painful
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 13th Jan 18, 1:41 PM
    • 10,078 Posts
    • 116,107 Thanks
    emerald21

Awww poor that sister Snap can t be much fun One mouth ulcer s enough isn t it . Marmite is supposed to be good and I dont mean our marmie ( who wouldn t let me come for Xmas dinner )
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jan 18, 1:43 PM
    • 17,303 Posts
    • 210,294 Thanks
    mhoc
    Had a nice little time in Shoes, using giftcard.

Own brand body spray - 75p - and 75 pts for buying deod onto AC

Own brand toothpaste - 75p - and 75 pts for dental onto AC

Own brand shampoo and cond - 1.65* - and 100 pts for hair onto AC

Time Delay rtc 1 - and 200 pts for buying TD onto AC

So all items free plus double pts, 522 pts in total on 4.69 spend (inc carrier and a pack of menthol tissues to see if the 'cough and cold' pts kicked in, which they didn't.)

* Strawberry shampoo 75p but matching conditioner has gone up to 90p
    I've made a note of your list as I think I have the same vouchers - I seem to get the same ones on my app and they also send me paper versions - doubt if I can get points twice ...

Also doubt if I can find Time Delay RTC but I will still look for it.

And I've also got a few pounds left on a gift card which I am keen to use up.

My Boots points balance is at a nice 15 now or thereabouts but I cant think of anything I want to treat myself to yet ...
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 13th Jan 18, 1:44 PM
    • 10,078 Posts
    • 116,107 Thanks
    emerald21
    It wasn't on - it was replaced with Bancroft
    Ohhhhh thank you Snap . I thought I never saw anything about it . Its not like me to forget , being a gangsters moll in a previous life. why was that do you know ? I hope they put it on some other time then
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 13th Jan 18, 1:47 PM
    • 10,078 Posts
    • 116,107 Thanks
    emerald21
    I absolutely love these freezing cold milky bar crushems .At the moment with the kfc app they are 2 for 2 Trouble is double the calories
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jan 18, 1:49 PM
    • 17,303 Posts
    • 210,294 Thanks
    mhoc
    We made I to Mr T this morning- took a food bank bag - I thought I'd not got enough but you can always find something to put in the collection ...

Last year I got the stock cubes when sainsbobs were RTC their own value packs so as I got the Kallo ones that were free on COS I put all of the sainsbobs ones into the collection - very long dated.

Anyway I went in search of Mr T mags - there was none and I didn't think much of their RTC laundry products either

I did though get Happy Down which oddly I do like and the Nivea soft - already processed on COS.
    (Yes I know I am not supposed to be buying any more toiletries but with 2 lots of cashback it worked out very cheap and I did put some shampoo into the food bank collection this morning s it balanced up)
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 13th Jan 18, 1:55 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    You got 2 MOC till spits? That is even better

Have you used them yet?

My store still seemed to have some Christmas chocolate stuff last time - might have to go and have another look.

I went into my other C0-op last night and I got another of the low sugar 2L cloudy lemonades I got last time as OH liked it so much. After blue card discounts it only comes to 59p -it works out cheaper now than getting OHs squash from Morrisons plus at least its another item I can get in a local shop.
    I got a 50p off biscuits like I did a month or so back so I got the 55p custard creams which after blue card discount and the 50p MOC came to a big fat zero

So 59p for 2L cloudy lemonade and a double pack of custard creams - one very happy OH

I was wondering if you get set MOCs in a circuit - have to think back now as to what I got after the biscuit MOC last time to see if there is a pattern.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Not used them yet.

I got two because the guy in front only bought a paper and didn't want a receipt so when she pressed the receipt button for my transaction it produced his receipt as well, at which point she said 'you won't want these' and I said 'I will if there are any coupons' so she gave the coupon to me quite happily and binned the receipt.

He hadn't swiped a card but his receipt still got a moc, so that means cards and mocs are not necessarily associated.

And if you have a tiny transaction and do it at the kiosk, there's also a better chance of a similar thing occurring again.

I don't think there's a pattern, it's just a lucky dip, I think.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Anon
    • By Anon 13th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 12,896 Posts
    • 145,801 Thanks
    Anon
    Must agree - always best to keep a low profile.

This is probably not related but I have always wondered. A long while back I had very poor service from a member of staff and I reported them to HQ - they are still working there so they were not sacked and I still avoid this person like a plague - anyway the matter was not resolved, I think I just got the standard replies about passing my message along etc ...

After which I more or less stopped doing normal shopping at sainsbobs for about 7 months (before the days of cashbook shops ) I just went in and did little 1 shops every 7 to 10 days or so and no till spits came out whatsoever over that period - I think in all it was about 9 or 10 months until I got vouchers from the catalina machines ...
    very sinister - hardly a coincidence?
    I know we love a conspiracy but in reality yes it probably was a coincidence. I am still not sure why T vouchers, W and JL stopped when others on here reported getting them .

Mrs Anon queried it with JL and they sent some .

Anon
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 13th Jan 18, 1:59 PM
    • 17,303 Posts
    • 210,294 Thanks
    mhoc
    Not used them yet.

I got two because the guy in front only bought a paper and didn't want a receipt so when she pressed the receipt button for my transaction it produced his receipt as well, at which point she said 'you won't want these' and I said 'I will if there are any coupons' so she gave the coupon to me quite happily and binned the receipt.

He hadn't swiped a card but his receipt still got a moc, so that means cards and mocs are not necessarily associated.

And if you have a tiny transaction and do it at the kiosk, there's also a better chance of a similar thing occurring again.

I don't think there's a pattern, it's just a lucky dip, I think.
    I seem to think that you need to use a proper till to scan your NUS card - the shop I was in last night didn't have any self scans anyway

I seem to be getting a MOC every 2nd shop but only if there is a day imbetween
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 13th Jan 18, 2:08 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Why flog the goose that lays the golden egg?
    Originally posted by locarr
    I tend to agree, but my reason is mainly because I heard two staff commenting on a transaction when the person had gone, nothing untoward was said, but clearly they do take notice and chat amongst themselves about what goes on.

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 13th Jan 18, 2:09 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I seem to think that you need to use a proper till to scan your NUS card - the shop I was in last night didn't have any self scans anyway

I seem to be getting a MOC every 2nd shop but only if there is a day imbetween
    Ah, I don't have an NUS card.

• braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Jan 18, 2:33 PM
    • 2,247 Posts
    • 27,949 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Tyre shopping
    Been shopping online for 2 front tyres.
    Did a bit of research
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/92873/all-season-tyre-test-20172018-results-by-category

Checked prices for nearly all fitters etc.

Best Price for my choice of Michelin was Kwik Fit, also says you can get free mobile fitting for 2 or more tyres.

Best price per tyre by at least 10. also freebie winter care kit when ordered online
    https://www.kwik-fit.com/offers/michelin-winter-kit-offer and CB from Q 3.5%TCB 3.28%

Still just about 100 each but as car is the newest I have ever had, I want to make sure I get th best I can.

Hope this can help others who may be looking for tyres.

Also you normally get your receipt in a wee booklet that sometimes has money off stuff in it. I know the staff at my local and have always had good service from them.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 13th Jan 18, 2:33 PM
    • 29,413 Posts
    • 425,744 Thanks
    tweets
    Not next door, thank goodness. About a mile away as the crow flies, longer by road. We don't usually hear anything, but there was a right racket last night. Either something noisy going on or the wind was blowing in an unusual direction.
    Originally posted by silvercar

Was the first eviction last night ....
    Lost 3st-9lb
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,213Posts Today

8,032Users online

Martin's Twitter