Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,490Posts
    • 36,799Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 757
    • gocat
    • By gocat 13th Jan 18, 11:38 AM
    • 5,122 Posts
    • 59,796 Thanks
    gocat
    Happy Birthday Di

And happy celebrating today instead of tomorrow birthday CJJ
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 13th Jan 18, 11:42 AM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Happy Birthday Di

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Minihauk
    • By Minihauk 13th Jan 18, 11:44 AM
    • 498 Posts
    • 4,071 Thanks
    Minihauk
    No my handbag mission failed curly.

Mr TM bought me an expensive one for Christmas which I returned Im sick of huge bags where everything gets lost and I spend ages looking for keys, phone etc like an idiot. I decided I needed something a bit more organised.

So I have my Christmas money to play with But as is usual, when You have money burning a hole in your pocket, you dont see anything you like
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Good morning All,

TM you need one of these for your big handbags : https://www.amazon.co.uk/Periea-Handbag-Organiser-12-Compartments/dp/B00ZFIJMNS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1515843643&sr=8-3&keywords=handbag%2Borganiser&th=1

They are great for keeping things together in the bottom of handbags and come in different sizes for different bags.

Not been around much as moved house and trying to get organised but trying to read along with you all.

Hugs to all who would like one.

Happy Birthday Di.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 13th Jan 18, 11:51 AM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Had a nice little time in Shoes, using giftcard.

Own brand body spray - 75p - and 75 pts for buying deod onto AC

Own brand toothpaste - 75p - and 75 pts for dental onto AC

Own brand shampoo and cond - 1.65* - and 100 pts for hair onto AC

Time Delay rtc 1 - and 200 pts for buying TD onto AC

So all items free plus double pts, 522 pts in total on 4.69 spend (inc carrier and a pack of menthol tissues to see if the 'cough and cold' pts kicked in, which they didn't.)

* Strawberry shampoo 75p but matching conditioner has gone up to 90p
    Last edited by Serendipitious; 13-01-2018 at 12:20 PM.

• silvercar
    • By silvercar 13th Jan 18, 12:03 PM
    • 37,310 Posts
    • 157,180 Thanks
    silvercar
    Do you live next door [to the CBB house] ?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Not next door, thank goodness. About a mile away as the crow flies, longer by road. We don't usually hear anything, but there was a right racket last night. Either something noisy going on or the wind was blowing in an unusual direction.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Jan 18, 12:04 PM
    • 52,098 Posts
    • 622,545 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Can anyone tell me if I can buy the doughnut yoghurt as my 1 or 11 please ?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 13th Jan 18, 12:07 PM
    • 4,210 Posts
    • 77,485 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Afternoon all
    Can anyone tell me if I can buy the doughnut yoghurt as my 1 or 11 please ?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    yes, either bubbs
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Jan 18, 12:09 PM
    • 52,098 Posts
    • 622,545 Thanks
    bubbs
    Either bubbs
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Thanks my store actually had some but wasn't sure so will get them next week x
    Happy birthday DI
    Last edited by bubbs; 13-01-2018 at 12:14 PM.
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 13th Jan 18, 12:09 PM
    • 4,210 Posts
    • 77,485 Thanks
    Chrisv
    So how much have I paid each for my yog pls and ta

Morning all
    Originally posted by gocat
    I think your APG was v Morries gocat - you've paid 96p for 12
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 13th Jan 18, 12:13 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Then Co-op, Xmas roll wrap now 20p a roll, Malteser reindeer 16p, bag of elves and santa chocs 25p for 85g, party poppers 20p etc etc.

Only spent 1, asked for receipt and got 50p off potatoes and 50p off crisps, nuts and snacks.

• braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 13th Jan 18, 12:14 PM
    • 2,255 Posts
    • 28,000 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    First I had the 'Claim approved here is your postage label' email from Alcatel go missing but their CS resent when I called after a week wondering what was happening and now I have had my old phone disappear in the mail - tracking shows only 'received at post office' then nothing else since 4th Jan . Apparently I can't claim for lost until 15 working days, just spoke to Alcatel and they said call in another week if they still haven't received it and they will think about what to do.

I feel sorry for whoever pilfered it as I used the box of a much newer phone to send back a pretty busted up Orange San Francisco that must be 8 year sold and worth less than a fiver.

I now have two others to claim for. I looked in the T&C, there is no mention of the trade in phones needing to be unlocked but I thought I had seen mention of it on here?
    Originally posted by michaels
    I thought it said unlocked somewhere too. Also need to turn on with screen working and factory reset.
    • cjj
    • By cjj 13th Jan 18, 12:28 PM
    • 6,383 Posts
    • 85,025 Thanks
    cjj
    Ohh might not be going to Leeds now as oh feeling unwell xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 13th Jan 18, 12:29 PM
    • 3,253 Posts
    • 49,578 Thanks
    elainemn
    AFternoon everyone. Managed 5 NSD's this week because of TM's nasty cold bug. On the road to recovery now so popped to A this monring for a few bits. Is APG back to 6am now? Not used it for a week so might be a bit behind. Thanks
    • Anon
    • By Anon 13th Jan 18, 12:32 PM
    • 12,905 Posts
    • 145,864 Thanks
    Anon
    Looking for an additional Droid to activate an account for your OH . Pixi 3 price has dropped again. Note no NFC so this cannot be used to play the game, just to activate a new account.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ee-alcatel-one-touch-pixi-3-35-inch-1499-499-10-top-up-argos-collection-2876275

Now down to 4.99 in Arg0s - in theory 10 top up required, but order online and pay with Fasttrack collection and only pay 4.99.

CEX seem to be paying 15 for trade in.

Untested... but ordered ready for activating at the end of the month so I can play in February . You are limited to ordering 1 from Arg0s ... per order it seems .

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 13-01-2018 at 12:54 PM.
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 13th Jan 18, 12:43 PM
    • 2,517 Posts
    • 38,480 Thanks
    wendyak
    Hi gang
    did anyone buy the pack of 5 fruit of the loom childrens T shirts for only 2.09 ?
    Just opened them and they are only ONE .....very angry as clearly states pack of 5 on purchase page.
    Have sent a sharp email but think I might just have to return grrrr
    • gocat
    • By gocat 13th Jan 18, 12:56 PM
    • 5,122 Posts
    • 59,796 Thanks
    gocat
    I think your APG was v Morries gocat - you've paid 96p for 12
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Oh gawd. Your right

A vs S

10x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) 6.80 5.00
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.50

Ive deleted other post
    • locarr
    • By locarr 13th Jan 18, 12:56 PM
    • 7,960 Posts
    • 140,691 Thanks
    locarr
    Afternoon ALL!

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • locarr
    • By locarr 13th Jan 18, 12:58 PM
    • 7,960 Posts
    • 140,691 Thanks
    locarr
    hi cc glad you took my post as it was intended, in a nice way. but the thread needs peeps llike aau and myself to pinpoint why shops fail.im rellly glad you know why. as its for the greater good "THE ELITE"
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    the difference being you say it in a nice way not mocking another's error

• locarr
    • By locarr 13th Jan 18, 1:10 PM
    • 7,960 Posts
    • 140,691 Thanks
    locarr
    Swipe and win! The last couple of times my guardian angel ensured my fuel tank was empty. I shall try and remember to help her with this task this year.

Can anyone remember please? When we returned stuff, were our bonus points removed? I remember having a terrible hassle with a pair of trousers (which I had genuinely hoped would fit) in a not-local store. He refused to take them back without a receipt so I swopped them for a different size, which generated a receipt, and then I returned them in a different store for the money on a gift card.

I'm out for the day now but will catch up again this evening.
    Originally posted by Picasso7

I was returning ill fitting clothing the next day as I went back into store to rinse and repeat. I retained all my points, but this may just be one store. Will be interesting to know what others say.
    Originally posted by hampydoodums

Why flog the goose that lays the golden egg?

• emerald21
    • By emerald21 13th Jan 18, 1:20 PM
    • 10,085 Posts
    • 116,147 Thanks
    emerald21
    Happy Birthday Di
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,055Posts Today

5,478Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin