Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,486Posts
    • 36,792Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 748
    • abailey54
    • By abailey54 12th Jan 18, 9:32 AM
    • 1,559 Posts
    • 19,717 Thanks
    abailey54
    Morning Elite

Evening all
    abailey you said you wasnt pregnant the other day!!Congratulations
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Thanks bubbs I know, I was trying to be secretive, but had to blab about my blubbing because it's just so wierd! I've got 3 weeks to wait for the scan and it seems like a huge wait, I expect everyone I know will know by then, but I'll try and keep it to myself

Awwwww.......congratulations abailey

Its about time we had another elite baby
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Thanks TM
    • gocat
    • By gocat 12th Jan 18, 9:38 AM
    • 5,122 Posts
    • 59,796 Thanks
    gocat
    ta for this - I had a proper look now and it says I've actually got 8 pending - so 2 people have used my code - even better

Fingers crossed a new offer comes up soon
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Just had a look at mine and 8 pending

Morning all
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Jan 18, 9:43 AM
    • 17,305 Posts
    • 210,321 Thanks
    mhoc
    Also COS have sent me one of those weird cashback offers via text again - free 1.75l coke zero and also 1 off eight-packs of cans.

I am thinking that 2 coke zeros are about 1.75 each or 2.50 in sada and Mr T so that's another good addition to the list

Have to do a search back to see if they are matching

They had one of these a long while back, I was totally unconvinced but it worked - the cashback appeared on my totals.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Jan 18, 9:49 AM
    • 17,305 Posts
    • 210,321 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning Elite

Thanks bubbs I know, I was trying to be secretive, but had to blab about my blubbing because it's just so wierd! I've got 3 weeks to wait for the scan and it seems like a huge wait, I expect everyone I know will know by then, but I'll try and keep it to myself

Thanks TM
    Originally posted by abailey54
    Your secret is safe with us, we dont blab

Just tell everyone at work you have aussie flu starting and to keep well clear of us - that will stop anyone jumping to conclusions
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 12th Jan 18, 10:01 AM
    • 17,305 Posts
    • 210,321 Thanks
    mhoc
    Sparks are showering me with offers this week.

Postie has just brought me another voucher
    10 off nightware

so I've got 10 nightware, 5 off jumpers plus 20% off clothing - assume its all full price items- wonder if they would all work together in one shop ...I have credit notes and AP 3 so it might be worth an experiment.

Also this week they sent me the voucher they send you in your birthday month in an envelope festooned with cupcakes -Ive been with the premier club since its start and it was always an old fashioned afternoon tea, the lovely cafe girls brought it to your table on a stand with 2 pots of tea - sandwiches, cake and scones.
    Now its just tea for 2 - 2 sandwiches, tea and a scone
    Ironic since the outside of the envelope with cupcakes does not match the picture inside.
    The worst sort of shrinkflation

I did have a rant on twitter to them about the lack of cake and the lack of notification about the downgraded offer but they are just ignoring me now. I am going to tweet them a pick of my free crispy creme dougnut if I remember to get it
    • altojack
    • By altojack 12th Jan 18, 10:14 AM
    • 9,148 Posts
    • 126,466 Thanks
    altojack
    Good morning Elite

Dry and bright start out there but Im staying in bed a while longer. Need to change my diet completely as for the last three weeks Ive been suffering with severe bloating after eating even small portions and horrendous stomachs pains. Advised to cut out wheat and possibly dairy . No more Lurpak or cheese as I know it.

Snap ant sorry to hear your sister has reached that stage but itll be worth it. She is in my thoughts daily as are the family

Underperky. Hope today finds you well, Im forcing myself to take one step at a time and slowly. Trouble is, I see grandchildren and forget my resolve . End up acting the goat with them

Hope everyone well, not too much under the influence of flu or colds. I hear there are loads of bugs on the attack up and down the country.

Hugs to the Elite poorly, special thoughts to those low in spirit and mind. Youre all in my thoughts xx
    There's no place like home

Clearing Stash of Freebies and Samples of beauty products
    1st Feb 2017/18 Out 255 In 67
    1st Feb 2018/19 Out 64 In 14
    • altojack
    • By altojack 12th Jan 18, 10:18 AM
    • 9,148 Posts
    • 126,466 Thanks
    altojack
    Morning Elite
    Originally posted by abailey54
    Congratulations . Difficult sometimes to keep these things secret but I agree with Enterprise, PMT is a great excuse for now Hope things progress well for you and these symptoms soon leave you in peace xx

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 12th Jan 18, 10:21 AM
    • 19,482 Posts
    • 209,681 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Sparks are showering me with offers this week.

Postie has just brought me another voucher
    10 off nightware

so I've got 10 nightware, 5 off jumpers plus 20% off clothing - assume its all full price items- wonder if they would all work together in one shop ...I have credit notes and AP 3 so it might be worth an experiment.

Also this week they sent me the voucher they send you in your birthday month in an envelope festooned with cupcakes -Ive been with the premier club since its start and it was always an old fashioned afternoon tea, the lovely cafe girls brought it to your table on a stand with 2 pots of tea - sandwiches, cake and scones.
    Now its just tea for 2 - 2 sandwiches, tea and a scone
    Ironic since the outside of the envelope with cupcakes does not match the picture inside.
    The worst sort of shrinkflation

I did have a rant on twitter to them about the lack of cake and the lack of notification about the downgraded offer but they are just ignoring me now. I am going to tweet them a pick of my free crispy creme dougnut if I remember to get it
    I got the 5 off jumpers, rather annoyingly all the sale ones under 5 are sold out in my size.

I keep getting emails from them to trial food delivery - just spend 35 or more and get free delivery. Much as I adore their food, if I were to spend 35 or more I would hope it would be in a glitch or I would have vouchers
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • lalli_pickle
    • By lalli_pickle 12th Jan 18, 10:26 AM
    • 639 Posts
    • 3,021 Thanks
    lalli_pickle
    Found some more dreamies Christmas stockings on clip strips in my T. Label said 2 but they scanned at 62p. Contains four packs of normal dreamies and two of the little deli cats ones. Not too bad at 10p a pouch
    • altojack
    • By altojack 12th Jan 18, 10:26 AM
    • 9,148 Posts
    • 126,466 Thanks
    altojack
    I think there are quite a few using their car boots as mobile stash storage
    I was until ds3 came to get the car to transport timber for his loft conversion yesterday . Soup, Pepsi Max, mens gift sets and toilet rolls in my boot. He needed to remove the hatch flap and put sears down in the back So now Mr AJ knows my hiding place, well, one of them

• altojack
    • By altojack 12th Jan 18, 10:28 AM
    • 9,148 Posts
    • 126,466 Thanks
    altojack
    Found some more dreamies Christmas stockings on clip strips in my T. Label said 2 but they scanned at 62p. Contains four packs of normal dreamies and two of the little deli cats ones. Not too bad at 10p a pouch
    Originally posted by lalli_pickle
    Have you got the last 4 pc numbers please? Bcode should be Thank you x

• altojack
    • By altojack 12th Jan 18, 10:29 AM
    • 9,148 Posts
    • 126,466 Thanks
    altojack
    Going for a quick catch-up from late last night, back soon xx

• lalli_pickle
    • By lalli_pickle 12th Jan 18, 10:29 AM
    • 639 Posts
    • 3,021 Thanks
    lalli_pickle
    Barcode 1580 on the stockings
    • altojack
    • By altojack 12th Jan 18, 10:34 AM
    • 9,148 Posts
    • 126,466 Thanks
    altojack
    Morning all hope everyone is well.

Been awake over an hour worrying about work. Thought about it all last night too. I really can't go on like this. It's effecting my health.

Hope LEJC is ok <3

Hugs to snap and anyone else who needs/wants one xx
    Originally posted by cjj
    cjj, you certainly cant go on like this. Have you tried relaxation excercises with breathing excercises? Im not treating this in a trivial way but am concerned. I dont know what went on to bring this about sweetheart but if I could do anything to help you I would xx

• altojack
    • By altojack 12th Jan 18, 10:48 AM
    • 9,148 Posts
    • 126,466 Thanks
    altojack
    Barcode 1580 on the stockings
    Originally posted by lalli_pickle
    Thank you lalli, Ill pop up there this afternoon xx

• altojack
    • By altojack 12th Jan 18, 10:50 AM
    • 9,148 Posts
    • 126,466 Thanks
    altojack
    Think Id better get up now

Might even watch a couple of recordings from last night on Sky , bye for now xx

• pk04
    • By pk04 12th Jan 18, 11:02 AM
    • 2,891 Posts
    • 46,729 Thanks
    pk04
    Good morning Elite

Dry and bright start out there but I!!!8217;m staying in bed a while longer. Need to change my diet completely as for the last three weeks I!!!8217;ve been suffering with severe bloating after eating even small portions and horrendous stomachs pains. Advised to cut out wheat and possibly dairy . No more Lurpak or cheese as I know it.

Snap ant sorry to hear your sister has reached that stage but it!!!8217;ll be worth it. She is in my thoughts daily as are the family

Underperky. Hope today finds you well, I!!!8217;m forcing myself to take one step at a time and slowly. Trouble is, I see grandchildren and forget my resolve . End up acting the goat with them

Hope everyone well, not too much under the influence of flu or colds. I hear there are loads of bugs on the attack up and down the country.

Hugs to the Elite poorly, special thoughts to those low in spirit and mind. You!!!8217;re all in my thoughts xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    Sorry you're feeling unwell Have you been tested for food poisoning? My friend had the same symptoms come on suddenly for several weeks (which are similar to my ibs/food intolerance ones) and I thought she would be diagnosed with that but no, food poisoning was the cause.

Morning everyone
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 12th Jan 18, 11:23 AM
    • 7,144 Posts
    • 59,097 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Does anyone think S might have another Nectar double up soon?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • michaels
    • By michaels 12th Jan 18, 11:28 AM
    • 20,814 Posts
    • 96,382 Thanks
    michaels
    Does anyone think S might have another Nectar double up soon?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Sadly I think they only have the winter categories double up and the summer cinema and PizzaExpress ones

cjj, you certainly cant go on like this. Have you tried relaxation excercises with breathing excercises? Im not treating this in a trivial way but am concerned. I dont know what went on to bring this about sweetheart but if I could do anything to help you I would xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    WE use a youtube wind and rain sound for sleeping, it actually really seems to help with falling and staying asleep.

I was only wondering the other day where the elite find the space to store all their bargains?!

You all must have massive houses.

Morning peeps.
    Feel like I've been up forever....
    Originally posted by curl girl
    It is easier to afford a massive house when one spends hardly anything on groceries
    Cool heads and compromise
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 12th Jan 18, 11:32 AM
    • 2,247 Posts
    • 27,952 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Free Tosser Coughee
    In mag, HD link
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-coffee-at-tesco-cafe-voucher-inside-tesco-magazine-2875380

No end date and does not mention if accepted in "Dobbies" cafes instore. (amateurs ) Will check today, hopefully.

SORRY if posted already, not read back.

PS awaiting contact re my first A3 claim, anyone already done it?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,357Posts Today

7,503Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin