Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,489Posts
    • 36,793Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 745
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Jan 18, 6:32 PM
    • 17,311 Posts
    • 210,332 Thanks
    mhoc
    I remember doing that at t a long time ago
    It would need testing, returning something with the receipt and see if they will return the coupons onto a gift card.

Im happy for now using mine on food, I only have 3 ones left from my first month ap.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Its finding the "right" food though

marks butter is/was 1.45 so getting a couple of those is good

My little store had some RTC ice cream tubs for 1 - needless to say all gone in my store

Also if anyone watched the food prog the other week that followed the fish processing from Iceland to make posh extra large adult fish fingers from Waitrose - Marks seem to do the same product a shocking 3.50 for 6 but they are at least twice the size of normal fish fingers so 2 will do me fine and then its not so bad price per meal.
    So I got those for 50p with an AP 3 - worth doing a taste test anyway.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 11th Jan 18, 6:49 PM
    • 7,147 Posts
    • 59,119 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    How about these for AP, just seen these on the news didnt know they existed.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/01/28/contactless-charity-boxes-battle-decline-cash-donations/amp/
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Jan 18, 6:50 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    ILTS

I don't think they want me to eat them though can you see how they are wrapped that's how they arrived instore
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Jan 18, 6:53 PM
    • 19,490 Posts
    • 209,733 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    This is a puzzle I was given for Christmas, finished it a while ago, it really does require tweezers
    Last edited by Enterprise 1701C; 11-01-2018 at 6:55 PM.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • nettiebobs
    • By nettiebobs 11th Jan 18, 6:55 PM
    • 233 Posts
    • 2,439 Thanks
    nettiebobs
    My little-ish @'s store which has had no kallo, no cow & gate, no propercorn, no hippeas, no christmas corner, has got raspberry dougnut muller lite. YEAH!!! I can confirm that they are still working.
    Although i'm not a fan of youghurts and usually give them away I did participate in one tonight as I have a tooth abscess (I look like a hamster with full cheeks) and I must say they are quite nice.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Jan 18, 7:13 PM
    • 10,086 Posts
    • 116,142 Thanks
    emerald21
    I struggle to do 10, I was trying to think of a way to get a second account.
    I have a card waiting to be validated (bank insisted on sending me Tel banking number so they could ID me).. so I have the phone I bought from Argoos sat with an un-validated AP account on it.

Thinking, should I validate or not.

The atm thing is going to be near impossible - only one machine near me then having to go to town centre every day, then there's always bank trouts hanging about, too stressy, and unable to go at night time.

Tesco, I haven't even looked into that there's no T here and would have to travel out of town.

Haribo - seems like dead money to me, I'd rather buy things we'll use.

So 20 per day would be pretty impossible.

Looks like it's not just me who has thought about a card reader.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Its a wonder I haven t turned orange with all the single carrots Ive been buying lol also the odd parsnip , onion, 4 sprouts for a sprout butty for hubby lol , a couple of mushrooms although they aren t that cheap.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Jan 18, 7:19 PM
    • 10,086 Posts
    • 116,142 Thanks
    emerald21
    Nope, so no idea how you generate a declined transaction at will....

I was thinking of looking into one before to get through credit card/current account conditional spend offers, for example only this morning BA tried to persuade me to get an avios amex 30k miles for 3k spend in 3 months and then a free companion ticket for 10k spend in a year so if I could just pay myself using a card for say 1% it might work out worth it.

Not getting ahead though, I think we need to figure a good way of using the M&S droid vouchers as DW failed again this morning, we think because it was a sale item with more than 30% off but then how does one do 30+ good value transactions at M&S for 3/5 quid each?
    Originally posted by michaels
    I dont think any sale item works never mind the 30% off . It didnt for me as writing on the screen came up saying not to be used on sale items. So I dont know.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Jan 18, 7:26 PM
    • 10,086 Posts
    • 116,142 Thanks
    emerald21
    Nope, so no idea how you generate a declined transaction at will....

I was thinking of looking into one before to get through credit card/current account conditional spend offers, for example only this morning BA tried to persuade me to get an avios amex 30k miles for 3k spend in 3 months and then a free companion ticket for 10k spend in a year so if I could just pay myself using a card for say 1% it might work out worth it.

Not getting ahead though, I think we need to figure a good way of using the M&S droid vouchers as DW failed again this morning, we think because it was a sale item with more than 30% off but then how does one do 30+ good value transactions at M&S for 3/5 quid each?
    Originally posted by michaels
    I think we should all be happy and thankful for whatever we win and just buy an item of food with the 3 or 5 as its free anyway.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Jan 18, 7:36 PM
    • 10,086 Posts
    • 116,142 Thanks
    emerald21
    The T&Cs do clearly state that any refunds will take the discount into account, which sort of suggests you return a 4 item on a receipt where you used a 3 voucher and you will get 1 back.

I think it safe to say that we need to be grateful we have won any and start to think of ways of using them legitimately rather than (further ways) around the system .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Yes I agree and said so further on . Just reading back now.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 11th Jan 18, 7:37 PM
    • 14,808 Posts
    • 237,144 Thanks
    zippydooda
    This is a puzzle I was given for Christmas, finished it a while ago, it really does require tweezers
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    for those that have not got a microscope

• pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 11th Jan 18, 7:43 PM
    • 2,868 Posts
    • 38,181 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so. Mrs M hope you're feeling better.
    Won my first 50PE droid today.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 11th Jan 18, 7:50 PM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 36,856 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Hello everyone. Ive tried to keep up but RL is a bit all-embracing at the moment. But I did get two tickets to a concert tomorrow night via Show Film First, so Ive not stopped being mse!

Someone asked about the January/February Boots magazine. The coupons at the back are:
    • 100 AC points wyb a No7 make-up brush or sponge
    • Free eye test wyb glasses or prescription sunglasses (book online)
    • Save 2 on Soap & Glory spectaculips galactic glaze or Matte-allic lip products
    • Save 25% on Champleys Detox Hip & thigh firming gel (200ml), firming mud (350g), skin firming shower scrub (250ml), seaweed & sea salt scrub (450g), skin firming body butter (300ml)
    • 150 AC points wys 15 or more
    • Save 1/3 on personalised photobooks

Personally I am not impressed but I hope this helps someone.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jan 18, 7:51 PM
    • 52,086 Posts
    • 622,476 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    abailey you said you wasnt pregnant the other day!!Congratulations
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 11th Jan 18, 7:52 PM
    • 4,631 Posts
    • 91,441 Thanks
    izzeyb
    My little-ish @'s store which has had no kallo, no cow & gate, no propercorn, no hippeas, no christmas corner, has got raspberry dougnut muller lite. YEAH!!! I can confirm that they are still working.
    Although i'm not a fan of youghurts and usually give them away I did participate in one tonight as I have a tooth abscess (I look like a hamster with full cheeks) and I must say they are quite nice.
    Originally posted by nettiebobs

Hi nettiebobs, would you mind posting up your shop please and who it compared to.

Many thanks

• zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 11th Jan 18, 8:04 PM
    • 14,808 Posts
    • 237,144 Thanks
    zippydooda
    izzey

ending today, mccain straight cut home fries

1.85 or 2 for 3 v 1.23 waitrose

so after apg = 75p per 900g bag

https://groceries.asda.com/product/oven-chips/mccain-straight-cut-home-chips/910001448430
    not tested
    Last edited by zippydooda; 11-01-2018 at 8:16 PM.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 11th Jan 18, 8:23 PM
    • 4,631 Posts
    • 91,441 Thanks
    izzeyb
    izzey

ending today, mccain straight cut home fries

1.85 or 2 for 3 v 1.23 waitrose

so after apg = 75p per 900g bag

https://groceries.asda.com/product/oven-chips/mccain-straight-cut-home-chips/910001448430
    not tested
    Originally posted by zippydooda

I have sent you a picture by our other means of communication

Unavailable in my store

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 11th Jan 18, 8:33 PM
    • 52,086 Posts
    • 622,476 Thanks
    bubbs

Third week for That Sister & she is starting to be knocked for six - only another three weeks & it will be over !!!9829;
    She is moving to the retreat place next week so hopefully the pampering will raise her spirits
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Soon be over Snap, wising her all the best and the rest of the family xx
    Afternoon

Found some M&S bargains that were not showing on the sale links even though in the sale. Mostly makeup sets and makeup/washbags from 1.99 upwards...

EDIT:

Try this link as original did not work, change items low to high price.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/l/beauty/makeup

More on this link again change to low to high price.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/l/beauty/gifting

Hope links works you should be able to scroll through from low to high price.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Must have missed them all but thanks x
    Mullers worked for me today with easter egg trigger x
    Originally posted by Claire1972
    Still v s?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Jan 18, 8:42 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Hello everyone. Ive tried to keep up but RL is a bit all-embracing at the moment. But I did get two tickets to a concert tomorrow night via Show Film First, so Ive not stopped being mse!

Someone asked about the January/February Boots magazine. The coupons at the back are:
    • 100 AC points wyb a No7 make-up brush or sponge
    • Free eye test wyb glasses or prescription sunglasses (book online)
    • Save 2 on Soap & Glory spectaculips galactic glaze or Matte-allic lip products
    • Save 25% on Champleys Detox Hip & thigh firming gel (200ml), firming mud (350g), skin firming shower scrub (250ml), seaweed & sea salt scrub (450g), skin firming body butter (300ml)
    • 150 AC points wys 15 or more
    • Save 1/3 on personalised photobooks

Personally I am not impressed but I hope this helps someone.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    It was I who asked about the mag, as my store always seems very slow in getting round to displaying them, so many thanks for listing the mocs.

I agree they don't seem very inspiring this month.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Jan 18, 9:02 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Soon be over Snap, wising her all the best and the rest of the family xx

Must have missed them all but thanks x

Still v s?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Bubbs this palette that me, mhoc and Sarahdol got is still available

https://www.marksandspencer.com/get-the-look-pallete/p/p22512554?prevPage=plp

But yes most of the stuff has gone I didn't realise when I posted but some of it had already hit the darkside...

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Jan 18, 9:05 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    And this looks posh for 2.99

https://www.marksandspencer.com/eau-de-toilette-50ml/p/p22513644?prevPage=plp

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,848Posts Today

6,252Users online

Martin's Twitter