Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,475Posts
    • 36,789Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 742
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th Jan 18, 8:19 AM
    • 3,677 Posts
    • 37,923 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    I hope it all goes well for you, it will feel like you are in suspended animation while you are awaiting a new date.

Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later - its bad enough being confined to quarters in January but if they leave it until spring starts it will be so much tougher.
    I cant even imagine being in hospital an entire week - I would be stir crazy by day 3.
    6 weeks on very light duties - well things at home will rattle along, not as you like it and not in the way you are used to having things done but you will find the end of the world does not happen.

When s-I-ls mum was in hospital for about 3 months, her OH and the 2 boys they had never done a single thing for themselves, never cooked a meal, never even cleared a table after dinner - in the circumstance they all had to buckle down, grow up and get stuff done, feed themselves and keep the household going.
    Similarly when my mum broke her arm my dad had to learn to cook for the first time in his life and that was actually a very good thing as he coped fine when he was on his own later.

I think the main thing is to look after yourself and not worry too much about everyone else - they will have to find work arounds for the everyday problems
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Thank you mhoc. It was your advice the other day that made me get my @rse in gear. Stocking up for when I'm on sick pay and getting an overspill of meals in the freezer.
    Tbh I'm relieved it has been cancelled as I finished my course of anti b iotics yesterday and I still haven't shifted this cold. I cannot imagine having this cough and wounds at the same time
    Dd only lives a ten minute walk so she will be able to call in the day whilst dh is at work.
    I'll coin my usual phrase....it'll be fine and I'll be in Preston hospital so I'm expecting the next nw meet up to be in my room
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 13.5lb
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jan 18, 8:36 AM
    • 34,840 Posts
    • 483,423 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    10 Topman voucher with Vouchercodes wys 50 at Topman

Morning paw sniffers
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 11th Jan 18, 8:38 AM
    • 34,840 Posts
    • 483,423 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning. Hope everyone is okay. Not posted since the weekend as have been laid out with TM's flu but loads better today.
    Originally posted by elainemn
    I probably gave that to you

We must stop canoodling in the biscuit aisle
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • tweets
    • By tweets 11th Jan 18, 8:44 AM
    • 29,401 Posts
    • 425,669 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-9lb
    • Macadamia
    • By Macadamia 11th Jan 18, 8:55 AM
    • 309 Posts
    • 2,218 Thanks
    Macadamia
    Good morning

Just been in Sainers and would like to share ....the TTD Christmas Blend Ground coffee - marked as reduced to 2.50 scanned at .50p.

Have a happy day y'all.
    arghhh!!!
    • lesliejack
    • By lesliejack 11th Jan 18, 8:57 AM
    • 1,491 Posts
    • 10,780 Thanks
    lesliejack
    new offers TCB

Weetabix Ready Brek 450g any flavour
    Buy one box, get 75p Cashback
    Offer valid from 11 Jan 2018 to 17 Jan 2018 | *T&C's apply
    Continue

The Happy Egg Co free range eggs (6)
    Buy one box, get 50p Cashback
    Continue

Pot Noodle 90g, any flavour
    Buy one pot, get 40p Cashback
    Continue

Heinz Classic Soup 400g, any variety
    Buy one tin, get 25p Cashback
    Continue

Bread Rolls, any make, pack of 6
    Buy one pack, get 25p Cashback
    Continue

Options Instant Hot Chocolate Drink 11g sachet
    Buy any variety, get 10p Cashback
    Continue
    essex girl in exile
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Jan 18, 9:01 AM
    • 12,894 Posts
    • 145,777 Thanks
    Anon
    Free 2 months NowTV Cinema - new or existing customers who have not had a code through the mobile game Snatch.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2-month-free-trial-of-sky-cinema-pass-now-tv-new-existing-customers-via-snatch-2874774

Download the game/sign up, play the game and grab the first parcel, it opens to reveal a code, follow link to NowTV and claim the 2 month trial.

I suppose if it has a code you could potentislly get the 14 day free trial first if you were a new customer, as you would then be an existing customer . Go through Q for NowTV for potentially 12 cashback ...

I recommended this game a while ago and put details on the referral board, as if referred it gives you free virtual coins to start with.

I have had various NowTV passes and other voucher through the game - there are cash and other prizes too.

HTH

Anon
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 11th Jan 18, 9:01 AM
    • 4,206 Posts
    • 46,610 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Thursday.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Jan 18, 9:06 AM
    • 19,454 Posts
    • 209,518 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Morning all, another grey drab day, really gets to you after a while, we have had the odd sunny day but that is it.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 11th Jan 18, 9:22 AM
    • 3,918 Posts
    • 54,291 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

Tm must have been up this way too and cavorting with Mr Mac as we now have flu too
    DH is really bad as he cant go running as planned but he will take me out later

Enjoy your day
    Retired
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 11th Jan 18, 9:27 AM
    • 7,137 Posts
    • 59,047 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    This is probably going a little too far ... ( though it had crossed my mind )? You may as well buy 10p sweets etc (or not if T or San works for free).

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Last free pan I got from iceland on an offer was carp, used it once, it warped on the heat and everything stuck. Not tempted again.

The prices may have been like that but propercorn has not been on cos at A every day for 2 weeks for sure.....

Missed it, I see Anon has quoted so I will have a look. I am thinking of getting into this industrially with o2 pixi 4s used to register cards and the CEX'd I reckon I could do up to 10 cards a day which is an awful lot of 10p haribos as the cash machine approach seems too dodgy and I haven't figured the T/S no purchase work around.
    Originally posted by michaels
    Yep, greed is getting the better of you ! Go and spend 10p and get 10 swipes !
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    I struggle to do 10, I was trying to think of a way to get a second account.
    I have a card waiting to be validated (bank insisted on sending me Tel banking number so they could ID me).. so I have the phone I bought from Argoos sat with an un-validated AP account on it.

Thinking, should I validate or not.

The atm thing is going to be near impossible - only one machine near me then having to go to town centre every day, then there's always bank trouts hanging about, too stressy, and unable to go at night time.

Tesco, I haven't even looked into that there's no T here and would have to travel out of town.

Haribo - seems like dead money to me, I'd rather buy things we'll use.

So 20 per day would be pretty impossible.

Looks like it's not just me who has thought about a card reader.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 11th Jan 18, 9:28 AM
    • 6,698 Posts
    • 90,550 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • glitter_bug
    • By glitter_bug 11th Jan 18, 10:02 AM
    • 233 Posts
    • 3,480 Thanks
    glitter_bug
    Goodmorning elite
    • abailey54
    • By abailey54 11th Jan 18, 10:06 AM
    • 1,559 Posts
    • 19,717 Thanks
    abailey54
    Morning Elite

Was the lip balm and butter tested, I don't think I've seen anything about it since Izzey posted but might have missed something. Will check lunchtime if it hasn't. TIA

I'm currently struggling massively with early pregnancy hormones. Today is the second day I've had to shut myself in the loos at work because I can't stop crying over the most smallest thing ever. I was not like this with my first at all. My stomach has ballooned too. How am I going to keep this secret for another few weeks?!
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Jan 18, 10:12 AM
    • 19,454 Posts
    • 209,518 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Morning Elite

Was the lip balm and butter tested, I don't think I've seen anything about it since Izzey posted but might have missed something. Will check lunchtime if it hasn't. TIA

I'm currently struggling massively with early pregnancy hormones. Today is the second day I've had to shut myself in the loos at work because I can't stop crying over the most smallest thing ever. I was not like this with my first at all. My stomach has ballooned too. How am I going to keep this secret for another few weeks?!
    Originally posted by abailey54
    Blame it on PMT Same symptoms - hopefully won't hang around too long, if they do you will have to cross that bridge when you get to it, but chances are no-one will realise you have had PMT for too long!
    • abailey54
    • By abailey54 11th Jan 18, 10:16 AM
    • 1,559 Posts
    • 19,717 Thanks
    abailey54
    Blame it on PMT Same symptoms - hopefully won't hang around too long, if they do you will have to cross that bridge when you get to it, but chances are no-one will realise you have had PMT for too long!
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Glad I don't get PMT like this usually! But that might just work, thanks
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Jan 18, 10:21 AM
    • 19,454 Posts
    • 209,518 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Glad I don't get PMT like this usually! But that might just work, thanks
    Originally posted by abailey54
    Good luck.

It might be sensible to have a plan in place in case anyone realises and blabs - I know if I know a female I can spot that they are pregnant pretty early, I knew my SiL was pregnant before she did, I just hope there is no-one like that at your work!
    Last edited by Enterprise 1701C; 11-01-2018 at 10:29 AM.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 11th Jan 18, 10:42 AM
    • 2,245 Posts
    • 27,933 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Free 2 months NowTV Cinema - new or existing customers who have not had a code through the mobile game Snatch.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2-month-free-trial-of-sky-cinema-pass-now-tv-new-existing-customers-via-snatch-2874774

Download the game/sign up, play the game and grab the first parcel, it opens to reveal a code, follow link to NowTV and claim the 2 month trial.

I suppose if it has a code you could potentislly get the 14 day free trial first if you were a new customer, as you would then be an existing customer . Go through Q for NowTV for potentially 12 cashback ...

I recommended this game a while ago and put details on the referral board, as if referred it gives you free virtual coins to start with.

I have had various NowTV passes and other voucher through the game - there are cash and other prizes too.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Thanks for that got my 14 day and free pass, Q tracked as well, will find out if it pays out in March.

PS sent my A3 50 old phone away today, will see when it pays out.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th Jan 18, 11:27 AM
    • 15,022 Posts
    • 257,214 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

Third week for That Sister & she is starting to be knocked for six - only another three weeks & it will be over !!!9829;
    She is moving to the retreat place next week so hopefully the pampering will raise her spirits
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th Jan 18, 11:44 AM
    • 15,022 Posts
    • 257,214 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    hornetgirl was yesterday's smartest player!

21 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Thursday): World : UK

Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

168Posts Today

1,709Users online

Martin's Twitter