Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,483Posts
    • 36,792Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 741
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Jan 18, 10:52 PM
    • 12,897 Posts
    • 145,806 Thanks
    Anon
    20 Argos for 8 per month 30 day rolling plus net sim, 3gb data, 2000 mins, unlimited texts.

If you shop at Argos anyway it is 2 months free mobile plus 4 change if you give your notice after 30 days .

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/30-day-rolling-sim-plusnet-mobile-20-argos-e-voucher-3gb-data-2000-minutes-unlimited-texts-argos-2874760

HTH

Anon
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 10th Jan 18, 10:58 PM
    • 2,993 Posts
    • 37,345 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    The prices may have been like that but propercorn has not been on cos at A every day for 2 weeks for sure.....
    Originally posted by michaels
    It's been on COS accounts since 29/12, first purchased by me 30/12. Sometimes people need to help themselves rather than rely on everyone to post their lists and answer their endless questions
    Last edited by Wheres My Cashback; 10-01-2018 at 11:04 PM.
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 10th Jan 18, 10:59 PM
    • 2,993 Posts
    • 37,345 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Well done you two.
    Did you see my post this morning about card readers?

Stupid idea? I don!!!8217;t know much about these things.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Yep, greed is getting the better of you ! Go and spend 10p and get 10 swipes !
    Last edited by Wheres My Cashback; 10-01-2018 at 11:03 PM.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 10th Jan 18, 11:04 PM
    • 20,806 Posts
    • 96,376 Thanks
    michaels
    It's been on COS accounts since 29/12, first purchased by me 30/12. Sometimes people need to help themselves rather than rely on everyone to post their lists
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    Ah - just figured the reason it hasn't been on my cos for A of late is cos I had already done 12 packets at the end of December....
    Cool heads and compromise
    • michaels
    • By michaels 10th Jan 18, 11:05 PM
    • 20,806 Posts
    • 96,376 Thanks
    michaels
    20 Argos for 8 per month 30 day rolling plus net sim, 3gb data, 2000 mins, unlimited texts.

If you shop at Argos anyway it is 2 months free mobile plus 4 change if you give your notice after 30 days .

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/30-day-rolling-sim-plusnet-mobile-20-argos-e-voucher-3gb-data-2000-minutes-unlimited-texts-argos-2874760

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Pretty sure plusnet does a credit search even for a 30 day rolling so not enough profit in this to justify a search for me.

For example natwest have finally given in and launched a 125 switching offer - fan-dab-b-dosey

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/natwest-current-account-switch-125-incentive-2874736
    Last edited by michaels; 10-01-2018 at 11:07 PM.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jan 18, 11:05 PM
    • 34,866 Posts
    • 483,638 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Last free pan I got from iceland on an offer was carp, used it once, it warped on the heat and everything stuck. Not tempted again.
    Honestly

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jan 18, 11:07 PM
    • 34,866 Posts
    • 483,638 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    It's been on COS accounts since 29/12, first purchased by me 30/12. Sometimes people need to help themselves rather than rely on everyone to post their lists and answer their endless questions
    Yep, greed is getting the better of you ! Go and spend 10p and get 10 swipes !
    I dont know what Im going to do with you
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Jan 18, 11:12 PM
    • 34,866 Posts
    • 483,638 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Well I cant wait up all night for WMC to come up with a rude response

Off to bed to disturb Mr TM

Reckon hell have stopped pedalling by now
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Jan 18, 11:22 PM
    • 12,897 Posts
    • 145,806 Thanks
    Anon
    Pretty sure plusnet does a credit search even for a 30 day rolling so not enough profit in this to justify a search for me.

For example natwest have finally given in and launched a 125 switching offer - fan-dab-b-dosey

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/natwest-current-account-switch-125-incentive-2874736
    Thank you! Next switch comes into play, I haven!!!8217;t done this one (... but still have an account there so should be quick ).

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 10-01-2018 at 11:40 PM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Jan 18, 11:30 PM
    • 12,897 Posts
    • 145,806 Thanks
    Anon
    This might be a stupid idea, but does anyone think one of these would work?

Do you have to be a business, or could you use it for ebay?

https://sumup.co.uk/air-contactless-card-reader/?prc=UK29AIR

It says there's no charge for declined payments.
    https://help.sumup.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115008338687-Pricing-and-fees
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    PS 17.99 on Am4zon for your daft idea (noticed it mentioned on HUZkD while looking at the NW offer).

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 10-01-2018 at 11:39 PM.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 10th Jan 18, 11:37 PM
    • 20,806 Posts
    • 96,376 Thanks
    michaels
    PS 17.99 on Am4zon for your daft idea.

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    And mention of a 30 day money back....
    • frequent
    • By frequent 11th Jan 18, 12:30 AM
    • 4,908 Posts
    • 96,997 Thanks
    frequent
    AvT

1x Propercorn Sweet & Salty Popcorn (6x14g) 1.79 1.00
    1x Propercorn Lightly Sea Salted Popcorn Multipack (6x10g) 1.79 1.00

89p apg + 90p COS = 1.79, so free pop corn (claim 3 times on each flavor)
    Originally posted by frequent
    31/12/17, the price was 1.79, now 1.29

The prices may have been like that but propercorn has not been on cos at A every day for 2 weeks for sure.....
    Did you claim both COS & Quidco

Touchy
    Reaching a life point where " you don't give flying bollock', its kind of cool here "
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 11th Jan 18, 6:36 AM
    • 3,683 Posts
    • 37,972 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning.
    Well I think morries beans helped me get my mojo back. Yesterday i did my first mullers shop. As we no longer need baked beans I stocked up on batchelors Bigga peas as they are on offer @40p in S.
    I've got enough toilet rolls for about 6 months and still got masses of ariel/fairy liquid but I do need washing conditioner. I haven't bought any since the glitch with the black bucket so I fidnt do too bad there.
    I'm starting to double up on my meals now and freezing half I think dh is in shock that I'll be in hospital for a whole week and then cant do "anything" for six weeks. So no picking dgd up for six weeks I don't know how I'll cope with that one.
    I think I may go and print my morries points coupons out on my way to work in case as anon says they change their mind.
    Have a good day.
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 11lb
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 11th Jan 18, 6:38 AM
    • 3,241 Posts
    • 49,487 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning. Hope everyone is okay. Not posted since the weekend as have been laid out with TM's flu but loads better today.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 11th Jan 18, 6:46 AM
    • 2,866 Posts
    • 38,167 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Not bad at all - also 2 accounts: 2x3 greg, 2x5 greg, 2x coke, 1x3 ms, 2x10 dining

When is the last date for starting new accounts?
    31st Jan.

Good morning Elite. Have a great day. Hugs to those in need.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Jan 18, 7:18 AM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Jan 18, 7:38 AM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Sparks - 5 off womens jumpers, does not include sale
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Jan 18, 7:49 AM
    • 17,303 Posts
    • 210,311 Thanks
    mhoc
    Just realised why the propercorn is a new thing to me.

When I was doing the Heinz shops that weekend my store had none of the sweet and salty versions and only 2 packets of the other variety - never restocked

So I did 2 shops along with the baby food on COS and the Heinz and then that was it.

Knew there was a sensible reason
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Jan 18, 7:52 AM
    • 17,303 Posts
    • 210,311 Thanks
    mhoc
    Sparks - 5 off womens jumpers, does not include sale
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    which is a pity, leapt out of bed in search of cheap jumpers so the best ones didn't disappear before 8 o'clock - so to use the voucher you have to spend at least 12.50 so 7.50 after the voucher and they have rafts of jumpers in the sale under that price level ...

2nd time in a week Marks has annoyed me
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Jan 18, 8:04 AM
    • 17,303 Posts
    • 210,311 Thanks
    mhoc
    Good morning.
    Well I think morries beans helped me get my mojo back. Yesterday i did my first mullers shop. As we no longer need baked beans I stocked up on batchelors Bigga peas as they are on offer @40p in S.
    I've got enough toilet rolls for about 6 months and still got masses of ariel/fairy liquid but I do need washing conditioner. I haven't bought any since the glitch with the black bucket so I fidnt do too bad there.
    I'm starting to double up on my meals now and freezing half I think dh is in shock that I'll be in hospital for a whole week and then cant do "anything" for six weeks. So no picking dgd up for six weeks I don't know how I'll cope with that one.
    I think I may go and print my morries points coupons out on my way to work in case as anon says they change their mind.
    Have a good day.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    I hope it all goes well for you, it will feel like you are in suspended animation while you are awaiting a new date.

Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later - its bad enough being confined to quarters in January but if they leave it until spring starts it will be so much tougher.
    I cant even imagine being in hospital an entire week - I would be stir crazy by day 3.
    6 weeks on very light duties - well things at home will rattle along, not as you like it and not in the way you are used to having things done but you will find the end of the world does not happen.

When s-I-ls mum was in hospital for about 3 months, her OH and the 2 boys they had never done a single thing for themselves, never cooked a meal, never even cleared a table after dinner - in the circumstance they all had to buckle down, grow up and get stuff done, feed themselves and keep the household going.
    Similarly when my mum broke her arm my dad had to learn to cook for the first time in his life and that was actually a very good thing as he coped fine when he was on his own later.

I think the main thing is to look after yourself and not worry too much about everyone else - they will have to find work arounds for the everyday problems
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,152Posts Today

8,320Users online

Martin's Twitter