Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,480Posts
    • 36,791Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 735
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jan 18, 9:45 PM
    • 34,859 Posts
    • 483,606 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Just raising my cuppa to Sal...Tm will the just giving page be still active for a little while yet please ? Xx
    Originally posted by Soo_Hal
    Yes no problem
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Jan 18, 9:51 PM
    • 12,895 Posts
    • 145,794 Thanks
    Anon
    Oh no. Has any of the staff seen you do you know?

I wonder if they have spotted us and think it!!!8217;s something dodgy.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    I have only been when they have been closed, but they no doubt have plenty of security cameras. It may be nothing to do with me but you wonder what is recorded at each scan ...

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 09-01-2018 at 10:08 PM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Jan 18, 9:57 PM
    • 12,895 Posts
    • 145,794 Thanks
    Anon
    Does anyone else think that the best bit of Silent Witness is the theme tune?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Everything is the best bit - it is a great programme all round .

Anon
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 9th Jan 18, 9:59 PM
    • 2,789 Posts
    • 30,584 Thanks
    curl girl
    Im joining you raising my glass now
    Originally posted by Marigoldsal
    Best wishes to you and your family Marigoldsal.
    A very sad day for you all.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Jan 18, 10:00 PM
    • 16,093 Posts
    • 193,848 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Raising my cup of green tea to Sal x

Mrsmac, hope you're okay.... you are getting yourself into a lot of flipping trouble!

When I bring glitching into the house, my miserable old soul tells me I have a problem!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jan 18, 10:03 PM
    • 34,859 Posts
    • 483,606 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Everything is the best bit - it is a great programme all round .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Nooooooooooooooooo
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Jan 18, 10:09 PM
    • 3,258 Posts
    • 34,403 Thanks
    pippo
    Escaping with your health and sanity is an achievement!

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Yep I manged it, but not before health and sanity became very questionable!

I was redeployed from LAC to adult social care as a TM, Transitions.14 months later the powers that be thought, as I was doing a good job, to give me the 'rouge' team to mange as well as my own...
    When I was asked to take that team on I said, what if I say no, was told, well you've got a job, haven't you!!3 months later serious op and even more serious consequences so didn't peruse that. Back to work 14 months later after more ops and they seemed to think I new everything that had gone on in my absence and could just carry on............ Didn't happen, breakdown, 2 years working at a lower grade but on protected salary then I escaped!!

Blinking heck... took a bit to write that SSM, but it is history now and as you say I have my health and sanity!
    • tbw
    • By tbw 9th Jan 18, 10:14 PM
    • 4,759 Posts
    • 55,401 Thanks
    tbw
    Evening all

Tiny, well done on your haul. Nothing like that in my store, but happy with my few bits

I have had an accident with my car. I was just testing my hand brake was on and I have no idea what I done but the car rolled down the hill and into the neighbors porch about 50 yards away I was dangling along but no one was injured expect me as badly bruised and the car is now immobile.

Neighbour was lovely and came over and made me a cuppa She is the same as me its only a car and building and both will be covered by my insurance
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    That beats my Husbands argument with the tree in our drive! Very glad nobody was hurt.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 9th Jan 18, 10:24 PM
    • 3,727 Posts
    • 21,215 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Hello, happy new year! For those that may remember me I moved 2 years ago and stopped posting as I wasn't getting out so much with my shopping buddy.
    I must mention I haven't had t buy any cleaning /soap capsules/shampoo/shower gel products since moving, and probably have enough for next 2 years at least.
    I still keep my finger in by doing reduction shops, which have proved to save even more money and I have 3 freezers now!
    Moved on and up lol
    Had to come on today to say went to Asda today and bought the Muller's, 12 for 3.
    The old ones are the best 3.02 APG. Compared to Tesco at 50p each.
    Hope this isn't old news, but twice told better than never.
    LL
    Originally posted by LilacLillie
    Welcome back lialaclil. !!
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Jan 18, 10:29 PM
    • 16,093 Posts
    • 193,848 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Yep I manged it, but not before health and sanity became very questionable!

I was redeployed from LAC to adult social care as a TM, Transitions.14 months later the powers that be thought, as I was doing a good job, to give me the 'rouge' team to mange as well as my own...
    When I was asked to take that team on I said, what if I say no, was told, well you've got a job, haven't you!!3 months later serious op and even more serious consequences so didn't peruse that. Back to work 14 months later after more ops and they seemed to think I new everything that had gone on in my absence and could just carry on............ Didn't happen, breakdown, 2 years working at a lower grade but on protected salary then I escaped!!

Blinking heck... took a bit to write that SSM, but it is history now and as you say I have my health and sanity!
    Originally posted by pippo
    You survived. I have witnessed 3 people having a breakdown in the office, and been on the phone with another person as she was curled in a ball in a park having a breakdown. ooh and there was the bloke who was strange one day, we found him shaking in the grave yard. There is a piece today saying about people going on sick... if only they knew that for the majority it is not a choice. It is definitely the most stressful, unappreciated and misunderstood job (and crappy paid).
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 9th Jan 18, 10:32 PM
    • 1,710 Posts
    • 23,691 Thanks
    Saversue
    Savvy Sal Rest In Peace

mrsmac look after yourself, you must of had a terrible fright.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 9th Jan 18, 11:08 PM
    • 20,805 Posts
    • 96,363 Thanks
    michaels
    So I have added an NW and coop visa to my droid.
    Did the nw first - 10x prize draws.
    Then the coop 4x coke, 3 m&s 2x5 m&s, 10 dining card, 8 wins from 10.

Is it possible some card issuers have paid for more prizes than others?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Jan 18, 11:27 PM
    • 12,895 Posts
    • 145,794 Thanks
    Anon
    So I have added an NW and coop visa to my droid.
    Did the nw first - 10x prize draws.
    Then the coop 4x coke, 3 m&s 2x5 m&s, 10 dining card, 8 wins from 10.

Is it possible some card issuers have paid for more prizes than others?
    Originally posted by michaels
    I doubt it, it will be random but you have just had a losing streak and a winning streak .

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 10-01-2018 at 7:54 AM.
    • josie
    • By josie 10th Jan 18, 12:01 AM
    • 3,041 Posts
    • 17,816 Thanks
    josie
    Hi Everybody,

I tried the Simple wipes today this is the results from the APG.

3x Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Cleansing Wipes (25pk) 13.05 ( A) 6.00 (M)

The shelf in Sada said the wipes were on 3 for 2. However, the multi offer did not come off so I went to customer services and they refund the amount for one of the wipes.

Hope this helps somebody. I am putting together a hamper of simple items as presents so this is great thank you for posting.

LBM
    Originally posted by LightBulbMoment
    Thanks and hopefully you remembered to ask for your 2 voucher for being overcharged too.
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 10th Jan 18, 1:06 AM
    • 13,446 Posts
    • 145,930 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Hi Elite I drove home from visting my friends late on Monday night, getting home about 2am. Got to bed around 4 and slept till 4.30pm, then had to rush up and get out as needed to take some extra food for Berry to Joy where they board. Got that done and then nipped into M getting 10 small and 10 large cans of beans plus a 50 Amazon gift card. Of course, no bonus points for the beans, just for the gift card I am going to ring them about it though as still showing online

I did raise a glass of Pepsi Max to our Sal earlier

Mrs Mac, that must have been quite a shock

Going to stay up all night now as I have to ring hospital at 6.30 to check bed is still available and then leave as need to report in at 7.30am
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 10th Jan 18, 5:22 AM
    • 4,631 Posts
    • 91,441 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Hi Everybody,

I tried the Simple wipes today this is the results from the APG.

3x Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Cleansing Wipes (25pk) 13.05 ( A) 6.00 (M)

The shelf in Sada said the wipes were on 3 for 2. However, the multi offer did not come off so I went to customer services and they refund the amount for one of the wipes.

Hope this helps somebody. I am putting together a hamper of simple items as presents so this is great thank you for posting.

LBM
    Originally posted by LightBulbMoment
    Thanks for confirming the comparison works.

35p a pack

These were signed up on 3 for 2 in two of my local stores

• izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 10th Jan 18, 5:40 AM
    • 4,631 Posts
    • 91,441 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Ending today, Pampers 10 each or 2 for 18.00.

Not a great saving but should all compare to Tesco offer 2 for 18.00, making them 7.10 a pack.

www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda/bundle-819368_2199977.html

Asda Baby and Toddler event due soon so maybe some better deals on nappies and baby wipes to look out for.

Last year it started 17th January on line and 21st in store.

• mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 10th Jan 18, 7:05 AM
    • 3,727 Posts
    • 21,215 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Good morning beautiful people xx
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 10th Jan 18, 7:11 AM
    • 4,631 Posts
    • 91,441 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Thanks to a post on Extreme Couponing, great 5 deal in Iceland for Pancake Day.

Buy a Pancake Pan for 5, and get all this FREE

1 Pancake Mix

+ 1 Fry Light

+ 1 Sicillian Lemon Juice

+ 1 Bobby's Maple Syrup

Last edited by izzeyb; 10-01-2018 at 1:28 PM.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 10th Jan 18, 7:43 AM
    • 6,700 Posts
    • 90,571 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone

Sorry I missed a toast to say last night, I will raise my cuppa now for her. Rip sal xxx

I was so tired last night went to bed after my classes.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

55Posts Today

2,535Users online

Martin's Twitter