Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,480Posts
    • 36,791Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 734
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 9th Jan 18, 8:52 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Oh TS my dear old grumpy has no idea either, when I come home I am usually greeted with 'and what have you bought now!'

He does though, when I explain things, brag a little to his mates about how cheap I get stuff for.

The boot of my car is also a store room, unfortunately my car is now the better car for long trips, so I need plenty of notice to clear the boot and stash stuff elsewhere!
    Originally posted by pippo
    Mr TS does the same to his mates In fact he came home one day saying some of them were interested in buying my hair dyes for their OHs I dread to think how that conversation started

He would have the shock of his life if I turned muggle especially if I then showed him the Xmas bill
    Last edited by Tinyshoes; 09-01-2018 at 9:01 PM.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 9th Jan 18, 8:56 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Evening all

Tiny, well done on your haul. Nothing like that in my store, but happy with my few bits

I have had an accident with my car. I was just testing my hand brake was on and I have no idea what I done but the car rolled down the hill and into the neighbors porch about 50 yards away I was dangling along but no one was injured expect me as badly bruised and the car is now immobile.

Neighbour was lovely and came over and made me a cuppa She is the same as me its only a car and building and both will be covered by my insurance
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Oh no mrsmac I hope you are ok what a blessing your lovely neighbour

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Jan 18, 8:57 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I don't drink, but here's to Sal, our wombler supreme xxx

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 9th Jan 18, 8:59 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Evening all. I hope the elite are all well, had no electric, since last night

Marigold I hope today went as well as it could, and was a fitting tribute to our sal.

Raising a glass of schloer to the great wombler and elite Sal.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 9th Jan 18, 9:00 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Im joining you raising my glass now
    Originally posted by Marigoldsal
    Cup of tea here...remembering Sal

• rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 9th Jan 18, 9:03 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Mrs mac, hope your over the shock and glad your OK, what a lovely lady your neighbour is xxx
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 9th Jan 18, 9:04 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Reading back Sarah sorry about your husband must be upsetting for you both, but I I hope the next op goes well xxx
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 9th Jan 18, 9:07 PM
    • 2,866 Posts
    • 38,167 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Evening all

Tiny, well done on your haul. Nothing like that in my store, but happy with my few bits

I have had an accident with my car. I was just testing my hand brake was on and I have no idea what I done but the car rolled down the hill and into the neighbors porch about 50 yards away I was dangling along but no one was injured expect me as badly bruised and the car is now immobile.

Neighbour was lovely and came over and made me a cuppa She is the same as me its only a car and building and both will be covered by my insurance
    Mrs M! Hope you're not too bruised. You should have some time off work sick. Oh wait.....
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 9th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 2,866 Posts
    • 38,167 Thanks
    pacifica9
    On my San the contactless was working yesterday but disabled today and not showing on screen .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    You quite literally broke the bank.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 9th Jan 18, 9:13 PM
    • 2,866 Posts
    • 38,167 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Raising my cuppa to Sal.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 9th Jan 18, 9:13 PM
    • 14,797 Posts
    • 237,055 Thanks
    zippydooda
    The 55p cb on gj for the cauliflower. Worked against the essentials 1 one
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 9th Jan 18, 9:16 PM
    • 7,141 Posts
    • 59,077 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    On my San the contactless was working yesterday but disabled today and not showing on screen .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Oh no. Has any of the staff seen you do you know?

I wonder if they have spotted us and think its something dodgy.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jan 18, 9:19 PM
    • 34,859 Posts
    • 483,606 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Does anyone else think that the best bit of Silent Witness is the theme tune?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jan 18, 9:21 PM
    • 34,859 Posts
    • 483,606 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Claim your free bar of chocolate when you buy clipper tea. Code in pack

https://www.clipper-teasseedandbean.co.uk/?utm_source=SeedAndBeanNewsletter&utm_source=Sign-Up.to&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=27347-242945-Seed%20and%20Bean%20-%20Green%20tea%20and%20dark%20chocolate-Preview
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • LightBulbMoment
    • By LightBulbMoment 9th Jan 18, 9:25 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 589 Thanks
    LightBulbMoment
    Hi Everybody,

I tried the Simple wipes today this is the results from the APG.

3x Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Cleansing Wipes (25pk) 13.05 ( A) 6.00 (M)

The shelf in Sada said the wipes were on 3 for 2. However, the multi offer did not come off so I went to customer services and they refund the amount for one of the wipes.

Hope this helps somebody. I am putting together a hamper of simple items as presents so this is great thank you for posting.

LBM
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jan 18, 9:28 PM
    • 34,859 Posts
    • 483,606 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Claim low salt sample

http://www.losalt.com/uk/know-your-numbers-week/
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 9th Jan 18, 9:33 PM
    • 5,520 Posts
    • 72,461 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Thank you for the update Marigold. I raised a glass to your lovely sister this evening x
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • tweets
    • By tweets 9th Jan 18, 9:37 PM
    • 29,410 Posts
    • 425,731 Thanks
    tweets
    Savvy Sal
    Lost 3st-9lb
    • Soo_Hal
    • By Soo_Hal 9th Jan 18, 9:42 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 706 Thanks
    Soo_Hal
    Just raising my cuppa to Sal...Tm will the just giving page be still active for a little while yet please ? Xx
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Jan 18, 9:43 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Evening all

Hope you feel better soon xx
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

57Posts Today

2,323Users online

Martin's Twitter