Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,480Posts
    • 36,791Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 729
    • ma-ri-ella
    • By ma-ri-ella 9th Jan 18, 10:32 AM
    • 938 Posts
    • 8,970 Thanks
    ma-ri-ella
    morrisons offer seems to have changed .i got 10 small beans 4 big and soup ...only 600 points
    91.50365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty
    20,000 step a day challenge
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Jan 18, 10:40 AM
    • 17,289 Posts
    • 210,224 Thanks
    mhoc
    Does anyone with an iPad know how to stop email addresses defaulting to just the one eg if you have two email addresses for amazon it always defaults to one as though it remembers it. Thanks
    Originally posted by emerald21
    I have the same problem - but with Q. I can only look at my account on the ipad. It will only default to this email address - if I want to do a Q clicksnap for OH via his account I have to go onto little len the lenova via safari and log on there.
    Fortunatley only 2 Q accounts
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • glitter_bug
    • By glitter_bug 9th Jan 18, 10:41 AM
    • 233 Posts
    • 3,480 Thanks
    glitter_bug
    Morning all ! No frost or ice this morning so am hoping to nip to morries for some beans
    It will be my first shop so I just wanted to confirm I can get 20 small tins and and 20 bigger tins in two separate transactions
    Tia
    • cjj
    • By cjj 9th Jan 18, 10:42 AM
    • 6,380 Posts
    • 85,000 Thanks
    cjj
    Yes it was. My son and his wife got Max and Arya from a rescue centre 3 years ago. Max was very deaf but a lovely gentle soul. He was loud and made his needs clear whereas Arya is a quieter and even aloof cat. She was very put our when the baby came 2 years ago but Max became her friend and confidant. She used to show him her dolls and point to the TV to get him to watch with her.
    They were very much part of the family unit and I know my son especially is heartbroken as Max was his boy. I tried to post a pic but cant seem to copy them from FB or Instagram.
    I am not a great one for pets myself but have to admit I cried a lot last night for Max and for them.
    Thanks to all who responded to my post yesterday,
    Can someone explain the Morrisons beans thing to me
    Originally posted by rose28454

so very sorry, heartbreaking for you all xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • curlgirl
    • By curlgirl 9th Jan 18, 10:47 AM
    • 508 Posts
    • 7,063 Thanks
    curlgirl
    morrisons offer seems to have changed .i got 10 small beans 4 big and soup ...only 600 points
    Originally posted by ma-ri-ella
    Morning all ! No frost or ice this morning so am hoping to nip to morries for some beans
    It will be my first shop so I just wanted to confirm I can get 20 small tins and and 20 bigger tins in two separate transactions
    Tia
    Originally posted by glitter_bug
    yes, but check signage in case they have pulled the offer
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Jan 18, 10:49 AM
    • 15,024 Posts
    • 257,220 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    In freezing shop... Only customers so far are selling stuff... Not my department

Managed to link my phone to the wifi here but forgot my name password

Hopefully the person I sold my useless IKEA cutlery too will turn up, very heavy. The knives are triangular shaped so you can't spread anything & the forks have fat prongs so you can't stab a soft sausage
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 9th Jan 18, 10:51 AM
    • 7,141 Posts
    • 59,071 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Just coming on to post in M this morning, the soups had 100pt SELs, beans had no points SELs at all (were there yesterday), and I wanted a couple of custard, but the shelf was bare.

Looks like it's pretty much over unless you buy these items anyway.

Didn't bother trying the beans today as bought a couple yesterday and we tried last night.. a bit watery and not as tasty as regular own brands.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • ma-ri-ella
    • By ma-ri-ella 9th Jan 18, 10:54 AM
    • 938 Posts
    • 8,970 Thanks
    ma-ri-ella
    Just coming on to post in M this morning, the soups had 100pt SELs, beans had no points SELs at all (were there yesterday), and I wanted a couple of custard, but the shelf was bare.

Looks like it's pretty much over unless you buy these items anyway.

Didn't bother trying the beans today as bought a couple yesterday and we tried last night.. a bit watery and not as tasty as regular own brands.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    aaah that's what my 600 points were for - got 6 soups. Next on my list is to sort my printer out - missing an installation disc then o2 priority moments etc...i could pick up a sim card from an o2 shop?
    91.50365 a year spend challenge - this has included food/clothes/beauty
    20,000 step a day challenge
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 9th Jan 18, 10:55 AM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Roving reporter from the field

Wilko bmth have lots of the 75% off men's toiletry sets some as little as 87p.

Nothing in Poole
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 9th Jan 18, 10:58 AM
    • 2,517 Posts
    • 38,480 Thanks
    wendyak
    how long ago did you shop and were they all eat smart from the list ?
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 9th Jan 18, 11:00 AM
    • 2,517 Posts
    • 38,480 Thanks
    wendyak
    yes, but check signage in case they have pulled the offer
    Originally posted by curlgirl
    its still online but says in the small print max 20 promotional items per customer so that could mean total for the whole promotion
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 9th Jan 18, 11:03 AM
    • 7,141 Posts
    • 59,071 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    aaah that's what my 600 points were for - got 6 soups. Next on my list is to sort my printer out - missing an installation disc then o2 priority moments etc...i could pick up a sim card from an o2 shop?
    You can get a free sim card from the o2 website, usually comes within a couple of days, unless you need one today, then I've seen them in shops, Poundstretcher for 79p. Supermarkets have them too.
    I don't know how much they are at an o2 shop.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • glitter_bug
    • By glitter_bug 9th Jan 18, 11:11 AM
    • 233 Posts
    • 3,480 Thanks
    glitter_bug
    I have one triple more points voucher and one quadruple more voucher does anyone know if I can use them with the beans (even if the offer is finished as us only allowing 600 more points)
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 9th Jan 18, 11:17 AM
    • 6,699 Posts
    • 90,568 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Thanks everyone for thinking of OH.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • s4mmy
    • By s4mmy 9th Jan 18, 11:28 AM
    • 604 Posts
    • 5,046 Thanks
    s4mmy
    Good morning. Thanks to everyone who posted that the offer in Morrisons has changed - you!!!8217;ve saved me a journey.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Jan 18, 11:29 AM
    • 15,024 Posts
    • 257,220 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    I now have amateur musicians playing in back of shop...
    Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Jan 18, 11:31 AM
    • 15,024 Posts
    • 257,220 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Rumour has it Super drug have some bargains.... Just need to get the 'buskers' out and and I can do a back in 5 minutes
    Our Family Motto ~

• fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 9th Jan 18, 11:37 AM
    • 7,141 Posts
    • 59,071 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    AP.

Today's experience. Went into town early and scanned Sant. 4 times leaving 5-6secs after the envelope shows, then closed each with the home button.

Went to a different shop then came back scanned it again, then a woman appeared and asked if I'd put my card in.. it was a Sant. SA! I thought to myself, oh no I've been trouted.
    I just said no I hadn't, she looked at the screen (it said something about not being able to perform transaction) and said oh it must be re-setting itself. She then left and went inside the bank.. phew lol.

Tried other atm's again with no luck, went inside Bclays, they had about 3 machines with an actual raised contactless sign near the keypads.. great I thought! Not.

Tried the atm's from the Google search, but they didn't work either.

So it looks like I only have 1 atm with contactless available, but it means traipsing to town centre, and maybe being accosted by a trout!

I opened the Sant. envelopes at home, won 2 x 3 MnS, a 5 MnS, and a coke
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 9th Jan 18, 11:38 AM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Bmth is like an aladdins cave some stuff is rtc more than 75%

Got bassetss juicees tub 75p and dated 2019
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • sirbaksiu
    • By sirbaksiu 9th Jan 18, 11:46 AM
    • 65 Posts
    • 670 Thanks
    sirbaksiu
    300 more points still showing on online orders so i'm not sure why its not working in store as reported earlier. might go in the afternoon and check it myself
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

771Posts Today

6,968Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Good morning. I'm on the train to go to the Cheshire Show today to film for an @itvmlshow Roadshow. Looking forwa? https://t.co/T0uKOKyj4I

• Early days, but so far a huge majority - 19 in 20 people - support legalising cannabis for medical use. Whereas t? https://t.co/a3gJipQITc

• Today's twitter poll: Should cannabis be legalised, for medical (via prescription) use, and/or adult's recreational use?

• Follow Martin