Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,490Posts
    • 36,798Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 727
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jan 18, 11:00 PM
    • 34,907 Posts
    • 483,923 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 8th Jan 18, 11:04 PM
    • 16,104 Posts
    • 193,924 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    It's very difficult leaving go isn't it.
    You have to keep telling yourself 'not my concern', but if you know people you just can't help but think of them.
    8 years on and when my assistant manager died I have had dozens of messages about it, I had to go back into work mode to organise!!
    Concentrate on eliting (SP?), it saved me in dark times.
    There is another world out there away from work, I could have gone on for another few years but I eventually played the sick card, and haven't regretted it.
    OK we can't have first class holidays in exotic climes, but I have my health, my sanity, my family and friends... what more do I need?
    Originally posted by pippo
    Escaping with your health and sanity is an achievement!

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 8th Jan 18, 11:11 PM
    • 15,039 Posts
    • 257,360 Thanks
    Snap-ant

I can't justify buying beans as we never eat them except in a cottage pie & I'm still using the Heinz ones from when those strange triangular shaped 5 (?) packs went very very cheap in Ts, ahem a 'few' years ago 2015 is the date on them

I still have half a gallon left of Lee & Perrins Worcestershire sauce dated 2012 = tastes fine
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• michaels
    • By michaels 8th Jan 18, 11:25 PM
    • 20,826 Posts
    • 96,413 Thanks
    michaels
    Have we got to the bottom of timing on droid envelopes? I was in front of two santa atms which both had it and going fromone to the other I could swipe about every 10s but if I opened a second envelope in less than about 25s I got the not available message. If I had waited an opened them later at home might it have worked ok or is it the swipes that need to be a certain time apart? Thanks

Note I google for contactless enabled atms and the first two in said were did not work but the santa one had a contactless symbol and was.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 11:30 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes

I can't justify buying beans as we never eat them except in a cottage pie & I'm still using the Heinz ones from when those strange triangular shaped 5 (?) packs went very very cheap in Ts, ahem a 'few' years ago 2015 is the date on them

I still have half a gallon left of Lee & Perrins Worcestershire sauce dated 2012 = tastes fine
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    I remember those 5 packs very difficult to stack neatly.

I have not idea what date is on our lee & perrins, I feel the need to go and look.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 11:32 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Sorry can't help you Michaels I am having to let all this droid stuff go over my head.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 8th Jan 18, 11:33 PM
    • 3,061 Posts
    • 44,224 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Do you fancy some jacobs crackers with your cheese TS?!

Jacobs crackers 300g now 50 p online at wilko ... the Christmas toiletries have dropped in price as well and so have other bits so looks like the 75% off online has started so maybe worth someone doing a recki in wilko tomorrow morning to check
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 11:35 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes

Jacobs crackers 300g now 50 p online at wilko ... the Christmas toiletries have dropped in price as well and so have other bits so looks like the 75% off online has started so maybe worth someone doing a recki in wilko tomorrow morning to check
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    Ooh yes please...off to look

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 11:54 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes

Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    I've done a C&C for few boxes see if it's honoured. Thanks ILTS

Was only thinking yesterday I had not managed to find a decent cracker bargain this year yet, I got the huge tubs in Sainsbobs last year but there doesn't seem to be any stock left any supermarket down here. I picked up last 2 boxes of these

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/jacobs-savours-flavours-assortment-250g

in As for 1.50 box but they are actually better bargain if you can find them in Sainsbos.

They are not the same as a good old cream cracker though...

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 9th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Goodnight Elite...sleep tight

• gocat
    • By gocat 9th Jan 18, 1:00 AM
    • 5,122 Posts
    • 59,796 Thanks
    gocat
    Sorry can't help you Michaels I am having to let all this droid stuff go over my head.
    Wish I had. Curiosity got the better off me

nite nite
    • henrik777
    • By henrik777 9th Jan 18, 6:01 AM
    • 2,195 Posts
    • 27,913 Thanks
    henrik777
    Evening luvlies

Wrong - full shelves of both sizes and didnt get there until after 5pm. Even managed to select the ones with ring pulls as these had later dates
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    That's good, hopefully means the offer won't be pulled as quickly. People should be buying hundreds. Every 20 tins makes you a quid so even if you foodbank them you still win.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Jan 18, 6:26 AM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 9th Jan 18, 7:15 AM
    • 2,191 Posts
    • 30,133 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    You might be able to walk there but youll need a lift back with all of those tins of beans

Evening paw sniffers
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly

Going to get a few more tins after the school run this morning
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 9th Jan 18, 7:15 AM
    • 3,685 Posts
    • 37,998 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning off for my pre op via a different morries
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 11lb
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 9th Jan 18, 7:30 AM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 36,858 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Thank you so much for the information - it will really help as we are picking dd up this week x
    Originally posted by s4mmy
    Oh I am so pleased! Just beware trying to find that spot again once you leave it unless youve a sat nav. Once I was early and drove around to waste time and then drove round in circles trying to find it. A taxi driver gave me directions in the end. But from the motorway it is really easy to find. Good luck!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Jan 18, 8:05 AM
    • 12,905 Posts
    • 145,862 Thanks
    Anon
    Have we got to the bottom of timing on droid envelopes? I was in front of two santa atms which both had it and going fromone to the other I could swipe about every 10s but if I opened a second envelope in less than about 25s I got the not available message. If I had waited an opened them later at home might it have worked ok or is it the swipes that need to be a certain time apart? Thanks

Note I google for contactless enabled atms and the first two in said were did not work but the santa one had a contactless symbol and was.
    Originally posted by michaels
    No I still haven!!!8217;t worked out the best timing - I darent walk off without opening envelopes as I have had a number where the envelope didn!!!8217;t appear (probably a network issue).

I just hang around and open each time (switching between accounts makes the timing it work in most cases ).

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 09-01-2018 at 8:17 AM.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 9th Jan 18, 8:10 AM
    • 19,495 Posts
    • 209,759 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, another grey day here, not even really daylight yet

How true

I still have some FineFare spice jars somewhere
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    FYI
    the beans have a bbf of 18 months. thats 3 years for tiny and tm
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    You are about right there zippy, we had the last 5 beanz before xmas think it was about 2014.
    We still have a stack of 5 Beanz Not even going to look at the date on them, if they are OK when I open them then they get used.

Doesn't help that OH is the only one that eats them, and I tend to make sure he has them on a badminton night
    Last edited by Enterprise 1701C; 09-01-2018 at 8:17 AM.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Jan 18, 8:15 AM
    • 12,905 Posts
    • 145,862 Thanks
    Anon
    Blackadder taught Baldrick to count with beans ...

https://youtu.be/u99LjJ32qOo

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 09-01-2018 at 8:40 AM.
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 9th Jan 18, 8:23 AM
    • 5,522 Posts
    • 72,470 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,269Posts Today

7,206Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin