Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,480Posts
    • 36,790Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 726
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 8th Jan 18, 10:01 PM
    • 14,791 Posts
    • 237,015 Thanks
    zippydooda
    found it
    The maximum More Points you can earn is capped at 100,000 More Points in a calendar month. Any More Points you earn that exceed this cap may appear on your receipt at the time of purchase, but will not be allocated to your card account. We do however reserve the right to waive this restriction at any time on a case-by-case basis.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 8th Jan 18, 10:05 PM
    • 2,864 Posts
    • 38,153 Thanks
    pacifica9
    I hope vouchers (plural) as I am due a few and my balance has dropped 40k .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Many, many beans!
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 8th Jan 18, 10:05 PM
    • 14,791 Posts
    • 237,015 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Will look to see if my store has it, thats a joke though cant even buy 11 of one flavour
    Originally posted by bubbs
    dont get 11 triggers if they have them
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 8th Jan 18, 10:08 PM
    • 2,864 Posts
    • 38,153 Thanks
    pacifica9
    The maximum More Points you can earn is capped at 100,000 More Points in a calendar month. Any More Points you earn that exceed this cap may appear on your receipt at the time of purchase, but will not be allocated to your card account. We do however reserve the right to waive this restriction at any time on a case-by-case basis.
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    I think a few Elite should be granted a waiver as they appear to be buying by the case-by-case (not looking at Anon)
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jan 18, 10:11 PM
    • 34,843 Posts
    • 483,461 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thats the right way round
    Hoping TM is ok as she not here again
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I rallied like a trooper this morning bubbs......typical when Im back to work after spending the weekend in bed

ChelseaFred kindly helped me to his car

He had a lovely fruit salad packed for my lunch

What a man
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jan 18, 10:12 PM
    • 34,843 Posts
    • 483,461 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    OH has been for a checkup today on his throat, unfortunately another lump has been found, so another operation is on the cards, really hoped he had finished with it, but hey ho.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Oh no

So sorry to hear this is still happening Sarah
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • altojack
    • By altojack 8th Jan 18, 10:16 PM
    • 9,148 Posts
    • 126,466 Thanks
    altojack
    Another funeral to attend tomorrow, a long time friend if Mr. AJ, poor guy has had health problems and I think he couldnt be bothered to look after himself

Last weeks family funeral up at home went very well, I did go visiting a couple of black sheep but unfortunately missed out one Hill family member. Had a letter today, they arent very happy with me leaving them out, cant believe I forgot about him.

Off to bed, back and ribs painful so have my furry teddy hit water bottle to take with me, night night xx
    There's no place like home

Clearing Stash of Freebies and Samples of beauty products
    1st Feb 2017/18 Out 255 In 67
    1st Feb 2018/19 Out 64 In 14
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jan 18, 10:17 PM
    • 34,843 Posts
    • 483,461 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    FYI
    the beans have a bbf of 18 months. thats 3 years for tiny and tm
    How true

I still have some FineFare spice jars somewhere
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • altojack
    • By altojack 8th Jan 18, 10:21 PM
    • 9,148 Posts
    • 126,466 Thanks
    altojack
    OH has been for a checkup today on his throat, unfortunately another lump has been found, so another operation is on the cards, really hoped he had finished with it, but hey ho.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Aww Sarah, my heart goes out to you both, you must be worried sick. My Mr AJ had to have a lump removed from his neck/throat, it grew fairly rapidly in the end. We were told it was a cyst of a certain name, cant remember, but they can grow back again. So far weve been fortunate, I just hope that if surgery has to go ahead that this will be the last time. You two deserve a break xx
    There's no place like home

Clearing Stash of Freebies and Samples of beauty products
    1st Feb 2017/18 Out 255 In 67
    1st Feb 2018/19 Out 64 In 14
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jan 18, 10:22 PM
    • 34,843 Posts
    • 483,461 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Another funeral to attend tomorrow, a long time friend if Mr. AJ, poor guy has had health problems and I think he couldnt be bothered to look after himself

Last weeks family funeral up at home went very well, I did go visiting a couple of black sheep but unfortunately missed out one Hill family member. Had a letter today, they arent very happy with me leaving them out, cant believe I forgot about him.

Off to bed, back and ribs painful so have my furry teddy hit water bottle to take with me, night night xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    Goodnight AJ....and you take care of yourself

Just been reading about your sad news too Rose.....sorry to hear about your sons cat. I found our last cat Chloe run over just outside the house and I have to admit that I was really traumatised by it. It took me ages to get it all out of my head.

So very upsetting.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jan 18, 10:27 PM
    • 34,843 Posts
    • 483,461 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Isnt it odd how there always seems to be something going on on this thread.

Just as one thing finishes, something else pops up

Great to hear lots of people getting the beans
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 10:27 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    FYI
    the beans have a bbf of 18 months. thats 3 years for tiny and tm
    You are about right there zippy, we had the last 5 beanz before xmas think it was about 2014.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jan 18, 10:29 PM
    • 34,843 Posts
    • 483,461 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    You are about right there zippy, we had the last 5 beanz before xmas think it was about 2014.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Our reputation precedes us
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 10:38 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Our reputation precedes us
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Those RTC black waxed cheeses in As people were only picking up the odd one the other day and there was me with half dozen in my trolley.

Someone was discussing they would keep a month or so more and I said I have eaten them year over , so one guy picked up another one.

They only went down to 1.02 in my local I'm sure others here got a better bargain. I wasn't going to keep going back and forth until the final RTC as didn't want to miss out, but thought decent enough price for 400g of vintage and will be even more antique by time it's opened.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 10:40 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    No beans for me, I still refuse to do the round trip to nearest Morries. And everyone only really likes Heinz. Talking of which on my last bottle of Tommy K.

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jan 18, 10:42 PM
    • 34,843 Posts
    • 483,461 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Those RTC black waxed cheeses in As people were only picking up the odd one the other day and there was me with half dozen in my trolley.

Someone was discussing they would keep a month or so more and I said I have eaten them year over , so one guy picked up another one.

They only went down to 1.02 in my local I'm sure others here got a better bargain. I wasn't going to keep going back and forth until the final RTC as didn't want to miss out, but thought decent enough price for 400g of vintage and will be even more antique by time it's opened.
    I think I got 3....
    Unsure how much I paid....50p or 75p

I had a similar conversation with someone over yoghurts the other week...I told them that Westie is still eating the ones from last summer
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jan 18, 10:43 PM
    • 34,843 Posts
    • 483,461 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    No beans for me, I still refuse to do the round trip to nearest Morries. And everyone only really likes Heinz. Talking of which on my last bottle of Tommy K.
    No beans for me either TS.....but I still get excited when I see what other people are getting. The Elite cupboards will be full for a while
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Jan 18, 10:44 PM
    • 12,895 Posts
    • 145,789 Thanks
    Anon
    Isnt it odd how there always seems to be something going on on this thread.

Just as one thing finishes, something else pops up

Great to hear lots of people getting the beans
    The Elite are full of beans ... .

Anon
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 10:49 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I think I got 3....
    Unsure how much I paid....50p or 75p

I had a similar conversation with someone over yoghurts the other week...I told them that Westie is still eating the ones from last summer
    Did you get the look of disbelief.

Was having the conversation about xmas puds with aunt and had to explain it is only a best before date on them.

On xmas day Mr TS got out the choice from the cupboard and said that one will have to go back in as it was still in date.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 10:53 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    No beans for me either TS.....but I still get excited when I see what other people are getting. The Elite will be full of wind for a while

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,658Posts Today

9,394Users online

Martin's Twitter