Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,480Posts
    • 36,790Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 720
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 8th Jan 18, 3:05 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    afternoon all hope the elite are well xx

so sorry about your sons cat rose must be upsetting espeacily for the little one xx

can anyone tell me if its possible to print the princes coupon without the advertising bit . thanks xx
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Jan 18, 3:22 PM
    • 5,121 Posts
    • 59,785 Thanks
    gocat
    Trying to talk to argoose via fb. Like getting blood out of a stone. Well I cant take it back till tomorrow as not got a car and too late for the bus. so got all night I guess
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Jan 18, 3:26 PM
    • 7,141 Posts
    • 59,071 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    But it says has NFC when I looked up the phone and was also recommended on here.
    Can one return mobiles to argoose under there 30days return thingie does anyone know. This is beyond me
    Originally posted by gocat
    I bought this from Argos, have not used it in a shop yet as can't verify the card until bank sends me something.
    But it does have the NFC chip in the back case cover.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7362332

79.99, maybe the fast track trick will work for no top up.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 3:26 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Any one visiting Morries and love cheese might be worth looking out for these...

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/morrisons-the-best-cheese-lovers-gift-set-300-was-1200-instore-congleton-2873243
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 8th Jan 18, 3:27 PM
    • 4,631 Posts
    • 91,441 Thanks
    izzeyb
    afternoon all hope the elite are well xx

so sorry about your sons cat rose must be upsetting espeacily for the little one xx

can anyone tell me if its possible to print the princes coupon without the advertising bit . thanks xx
    Originally posted by rhosynbach

I use the snipping tool rhosynbach, copy onto a blank word page and fit 3 to a page

• michaels
    • By michaels 8th Jan 18, 3:27 PM
    • 20,803 Posts
    • 96,359 Thanks
    michaels
    This phone has NFC, not sure if any cheaper deals around.

If you want a second month and already have an NFC phone, the O2 one above is good, then just transfer the account made on it to your NFC phone.

Factory reset it and sell to Cex for 21 cash

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SALC4034XO2A#.WlNvFTfLfIU

I went back to this Sant atm today, and found the 'spot' (marked on photo).
    I tried lots of other atm's including Barclays, but there was nothing.

Wish I could find one that didn't mean going to town - I need a secluded out of town atm lol

My 1st day of second month today. Opened all envelopes at home and got a 5 & a 3 gwegg
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    If you open the envelopes at home how do you make sure you are getting each one? Do you leave a certain time between taps? When I used to do it instore I would open each one before doing the next transaction to be sure of getting an envelope each time (this was for the visa envelopes, for the hsbc ones you needed to wait 60s between each opening. Ta
    Cool heads and compromise
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Jan 18, 3:31 PM
    • 5,121 Posts
    • 59,785 Thanks
    gocat
    I bought this from Argos, have not used it in a shop yet as can't verify the card until bank sends me something.
    But it does have the NFC chip in the back case cover.

79.99, maybe the fast track trick will work for no top up.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Strange as that one doesnt mention nfc in the blurb .
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Jan 18, 3:33 PM
    • 7,141 Posts
    • 59,071 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    If you open the envelopes at home how do you make sure you are getting each one? Do you leave a certain time between taps? When I used to do it instore I would open each one before doing the next transaction to be sure of getting an envelope each time (this was for the visa envelopes, for the hsbc ones you needed to wait 60s between each opening. Ta
    Originally posted by michaels
    I only did 3 atm envelopes, but left about 20-30secs between 2 then did the other one on the way back, as I felt shifty hovering around the atm when people were about

I couldn't open there as no wifi.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Jan 18, 3:34 PM
    • 7,141 Posts
    • 59,071 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Strange as that one doesnt mention nfc in the blurb .
    Originally posted by gocat
    Argoos are strange!
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 8th Jan 18, 3:39 PM
    • 20,257 Posts
    • 264,699 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Someone said it was hard to find good items vs Sains. This is good at the moment, with the Ketchup crisps:

1x Walkers Baked Mature Cheddar Crispy Crackers (5x25g) 1.79 1.00

Presumably Italian Herb version also works against S as the third item but my shop was vs T where it is Mature Cheddar and Salt & Vinegar (Salt & Vinegar N/A against S). Alternatively Walkers Baked Crisps could go vs S but not as good due to A's lower individual prices.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Jan 18, 4:01 PM
    • 3,256 Posts
    • 34,386 Thanks
    pippo
    Hi everyone x

ive been in so much pain today and it didn't help ive only had 3/4 hours sleep in 2 days

I'm going to try and read back to catch up but if I miss anyone posts im sorry xx

did you all have a good day yesterday xx
    Originally posted by louj101
    Oh Lou, hope you get some rest and relief soon.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Jan 18, 4:07 PM
    • 3,256 Posts
    • 34,386 Thanks
    pippo
    Good morning all

Its very cold here this morning The bottle of water in car has frozen Imagine my messages may be too DH could not be bother bringing them in (and smile)

The house is also very cold again thanks to DH as he put the heating to off last night by mistake. Yes very so wee electric heaper is no blasting away

I am going shopping and I have lists then a visit to GP followed by a visit to work to hand fit note in

I will add that my house is definitely getting tidier

Enjoy your day and /or shopping and I do hope that Morries is well stocked up with eat smart stuff
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Don't get drawn in when you visit work MrsM
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 8th Jan 18, 4:22 PM
    • 10,078 Posts
    • 116,107 Thanks
    emerald21
    I use the snipping tool rhosynbach, copy onto a blank word page and fit 3 to a page

Originally posted by izzeyb
    Anyone got this please dont know how to do it Thanks
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Jan 18, 4:25 PM
    • 3,256 Posts
    • 34,386 Thanks
    pippo
    Anyone got this please dont know how to do it Thanks
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Just google snipping tool and download. It must be easy to use as I can manage it!!
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 8th Jan 18, 4:35 PM
    • 3,921 Posts
    • 54,304 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Don't get drawn in when you visit work MrsM
    Originally posted by pippo
    Line manger / boss was gutted when i handed in a 28 day fit note. I have said I am happy to help with letters etc as there are two serious disciplinary matters ongoing. I would not like the outcome to be jeopardised.

Wages were a shambles when I arrived at lunchtime bit not my concern I even refrained from comment to the person processing

I have spend the afternoon with paperwork and got my beans and soup this morning No Christmas puds rtc

Need another wee trip out as I am feeling a bit stifled inside
    Retired
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Jan 18, 4:37 PM
    • 7,141 Posts
    • 59,071 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Google "contactless atm near me" and in theory it'll tell you where.
    Originally posted by henrik777
    Tried this, it brought up nothing near me.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Jan 18, 4:40 PM
    • 3,256 Posts
    • 34,386 Thanks
    pippo
    Think I went to whoopsie heaven yesterday!

BF now has a cash and carry card through her work so when we went out we called in as she needed toilet rolls (they weren't that cheap!)
    but, the RTC trolleys and fridges....
    Milk 1p per pint (bought 10 , can freeze)
    Cream at 10p
    Caulis, Cabbages and broccoli 5p
    Huge sausage rolls 1.50 for 6 - freezable!!
    Packs of squash and sweet potato 5p
    Bag of parsnips 5p
    packs of sliced ham 20p
    and a pack of 10 (big) chicken breasts for 5
    • tiha
    • By tiha 8th Jan 18, 4:47 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 194 Thanks
    tiha
    Ko
    Good afternoon to all, can I politely ask what is the best way to use 3 out of 30spent in sainsbury? I find S quite expensive and I don't normally shop there but I was wondering is there a way to maximise this value? Thank you in advance
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Jan 18, 4:48 PM
    • 3,256 Posts
    • 34,386 Thanks
    pippo
    Line manger / boss was gutted when i handed in a 28 day fit note. I have said I am happy to help with letters etc as there are two serious disciplinary matters ongoing. I would not like the outcome to be jeopardised.

Wages were a shambles when I arrived at lunchtime bit not my concern I even refrained from comment to the person processing

I have spend the afternoon with paperwork and got my beans and soup this morning No Christmas puds rtc

Need another wee trip out as I am feeling a bit stifled inside
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    It's very difficult leaving go isn't it.
    You have to keep telling yourself 'not my concern', but if you know people you just can't help but think of them.
    8 years on and when my assistant manager died I have had dozens of messages about it, I had to go back into work mode to organise!!
    Concentrate on eliting (SP?), it saved me in dark times.
    There is another world out there away from work, I could have gone on for another few years but I eventually played the sick card, and haven't regretted it.
    OK we can't have first class holidays in exotic climes, but I have my health, my sanity, my family and friends... what more do I need?
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Jan 18, 4:56 PM
    • 3,256 Posts
    • 34,386 Thanks
    pippo
    Good afternoon to all, can I politely ask what is the best way to use 3 out of 30spent in sainsbury? I find S quite expensive and I don't normally shop there but I was wondering is there a way to maximise this value? Thank you in advance
    Originally posted by tiha
    Sorry, not a shop I use.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

381Posts Today

4,414Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin