Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,480Posts
    • 36,790Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 719
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Jan 18, 1:44 PM
    • 7,139 Posts
    • 59,052 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Well Im still faffing around with my new argoose android phone. I cant seem to get it to accept the three sim card I got. I've followed all the instructions and now done a factory reset and going to try again.
    Does the sim need to be working to get AP to work. I managed to get it onto the internet and downloaded AP and 1two. But dont know if I need sim to actually work to use AP and 1two. If I dont need sim working then not that bothered as plan to take it to cex when finished.

tia
    Originally posted by gocat
    I think I saw Anon post that you only need wifi to open envelopes, and don't need a sim.. I can't find the post though.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Jan 18, 1:50 PM
    • 5,121 Posts
    • 59,785 Thanks
    gocat
    I think I saw Anon post that you only need wifi to open envelopes, and don't need a sim.. I can't find the post though.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Thanks for reply. perhaps I go to the shopping mall this evening and try the san atm If not, there is a 3 shop there too, so maybe they can help me.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Jan 18, 1:53 PM
    • 12,895 Posts
    • 145,789 Thanks
    Anon
    Well Im still faffing around with my new argoose android phone. I cant seem to get it to accept the three sim card I got. I've followed all the instructions and now done a factory reset and going to try again.
    Does the sim need to be working to get AP to work. I managed to get it onto the internet and downloaded AP and 1two. But dont know if I need sim to actually work to use AP and 1two. If I dont need sim working then not that bothered as plan to take it to cex when finished.

tia
    SIM isnt required - just needs WiFi/an internet connection. I have been hotspotting my iPhone but have also got a free Freedompop SIM.

HTH

Anon
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 8th Jan 18, 1:53 PM
    • 6,698 Posts
    • 90,553 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Just had a very tearful call from my 34 years DS. One of his cats was run over this morning and killed. He doesnt know what to do about his other cat ( the dead cat's sister ) or how to tell his 2 year old daughter ( who loved the cat dearly - was always showing him her dolls etc ). Sad
    Originally posted by rose28454
    Oh Rose, sorry to hear this sad news.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • henrik777
    • By henrik777 8th Jan 18, 2:00 PM
    • 2,195 Posts
    • 27,913 Thanks
    henrik777
    Google "contactless atm near me" and in theory it'll tell you where.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Jan 18, 2:03 PM
    • 5,121 Posts
    • 59,785 Thanks
    gocat
    SIM isnt required - just needs WiFi/an internet connection. I have been hotspotting my iPhone but have also got a free Freedompop SIM.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Just reinstalled AP on my U5 phone and a message popped up "Your device doesn't support NFC. NFC is needed to pay with AP instores
    The phone is the one from argos that was linked the other day
    • louj101
    • By louj101 8th Jan 18, 2:12 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 28,339 Thanks
    louj101
    Hello everyone x

hope your all having a good day xx
    started slimming world on 8/10/13
    update on my weight loss 3st off

broke my back doing glitching
    • henrik777
    • By henrik777 8th Jan 18, 2:14 PM
    • 2,195 Posts
    • 27,913 Thanks
    henrik777
    Just reinstalled AP on my U5 phone and a message popped up "Your device doesn't support NFC. NFC is needed to pay with AP instores
    The phone is the one from argos that was linked the other day
    Yup. NFC is needed to pay, but the understanding is that you can set the account up on a non NFC phone then log in to said account on an NFC phone to collect envelopes.
    • ellie14
    • By ellie14 8th Jan 18, 2:15 PM
    • 1,327 Posts
    • 12,011 Thanks
    ellie14
    Good morning. It's the eat smart baked beans and soups. With each tin you get 300,points.
    The small tins cost 25p, large tins are 32p and the soup is 45p there is also evaporated milk which is 60p.
    You are limited to 20 promotional items I think per day oh and they're from Morries.
    Hth.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Well done on weight loss you are doing really well.

Thanks for bumping Sals just giving page ,think a lot of people overlooked it at Christmas,nice to do something.
    Hope it gets to target.
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 8th Jan 18, 2:17 PM
    • 13,446 Posts
    • 145,930 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Afternoon folks

I am driving home later today. At least the wind has eased down here but it is very cold

Sorry to hear about you son's cat rose. Heart breaking !!!128148;!!!128148;
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Jan 18, 2:20 PM
    • 5,121 Posts
    • 59,785 Thanks
    gocat
    Yup. NFC is needed to pay, but the understanding is that you can set the account up on a non NFC phone then log in to said account on an NFC phone to collect envelopes.
    Originally posted by henrik777
    But it says has NFC when I looked up the phone and was also recommended on here.
    Can one return mobiles to argoose under there 30days return thingie does anyone know. This is beyond me
    • ROCKINGHAM
    • By ROCKINGHAM 8th Jan 18, 2:31 PM
    • 890 Posts
    • 9,013 Thanks
    ROCKINGHAM
    Afternoon all - gosh what a horrible day out there. Popped to Ms for a bean run. Plenty of stock carefully divided my shopping in two expecting a voucher to pop out to pay for my other bits and pieces got nowt.

It's receipt show points and previous balance so I am assuming that it's updated overnight - can anyone confirm please.

Oh Rose that is sad news about the cat. No easy way to tell the little one either. Huge hug.

Well 3 dogs that's a result bringing your op forward in current climate. Hope it goes well for you.

xx
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Jan 18, 2:32 PM
    • 5,121 Posts
    • 59,785 Thanks
    gocat
    But it says has NFC when I looked up the phone and was also recommended on here.
    Can one return mobiles to argoose under there 30days return thingie does anyone know. This is beyond me
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7348105
    On this link it says has NFC

But on this link
    http://www.phonemore.com/alcatel-u5-5044d/specs/3493
    Says doesnt have NFC.

So are argoose telling porkies
    Anyone else got this phone and does yours have NFC?
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 8th Jan 18, 2:37 PM
    • 15,022 Posts
    • 257,214 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Ts - Thorntons Continental Advent Calendar 1.75

Enrituals rose & musk washing cloths liquid 28 washes 1

Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• henrik777
    • By henrik777 8th Jan 18, 2:40 PM
    • 2,195 Posts
    • 27,913 Thanks
    henrik777
    Ah. In that case Argos will have no choice but to refund. If you are particularly knowledgeable you could ask for compensation for time wasted, travel money spent too. Consumer rights act 2015 etc
    • sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 8th Jan 18, 2:43 PM
    • 1,087 Posts
    • 14,428 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    That description on argoss said NFC. I almost bought it. Think I might just hold out and hope that they run the promo on Apple Pay soon!

Unless anyone knows of a decent android tablet it would work on? I don't have a tablet so might invest in one as our home is going "smart" with one thing and another.

Thanks
    • sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 8th Jan 18, 2:47 PM
    • 1,087 Posts
    • 14,428 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    Thanks for the beans to the OP.

Bought 20 tins and got 6000 points. I'll go again tomorrow. Returned a c&c chicken to sada also that only had 1 day til use by on it when it said 3 days on website and was given double money back plus 5.00 gift card! Happy with that!
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Jan 18, 2:49 PM
    • 5,121 Posts
    • 59,785 Thanks
    gocat
    Ah. In that case Argos will have no choice but to refund. If you are particularly knowledgeable you could ask for compensation for time wasted, travel money spent too. Consumer rights act 2015 etc
    Originally posted by henrik777
    Think I will do that.
    Just looked at same phone on amazon and just says is on android not kit kat or whatever else was needed.

Think better factory reset it before taking it back as got halifx card on it and gmail adress
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 8th Jan 18, 3:04 PM
    • 10,078 Posts
    • 116,107 Thanks
    emerald21
    That description on argoss said NFC. I almost bought it. Think I might just hold out and hope that they run the promo on Apple Pay soon!

Unless anyone knows of a decent android tablet it would work on? I don't have a tablet so might invest in one as our home is going "smart" with one thing and another.

Thanks
    Originally posted by sparklyfee
    A nexus 7.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 8th Jan 18, 3:05 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,178 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Just opened the Bendicks bittermints.

You only get 11 in the box.

I've had them before and I thought there were more than that...
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,658Posts Today

9,394Users online

Martin's Twitter