Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,486Posts
    • 36,793Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 711
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 7th Jan 18, 4:47 PM
    • 7,144 Posts
    • 59,097 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Exactly, if you already have an NFC phone you can get this, activate a new account on the new phone, add it into the NFC phone then trade in/sell the new phone .

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    AP.
    After picking up a Pixi 4 today, I've finally managed to get another month

Could someone tell me how to transfer this account onto my NFC phone please?

Is it just a case of adding the 'new' email address I used onto the NFC phone and signing in?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 7th Jan 18, 4:50 PM
    • 2,867 Posts
    • 38,172 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Thanks. So to the right of the keys, if there's no contactless sign is there something else to indicate something's under the plastic?

I'm beginning to think I won't be able to find a compatible atm, looked in town today and they all looked like my previous photo.

Could anyone post a pic of a 'right' atm?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    No unfortunately there is nothing - looks like your pic. Just hold phone to ATM in this area and wait to see if it beeps.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 7th Jan 18, 4:50 PM
    • 2,867 Posts
    • 38,172 Thanks
    pacifica9
    AP.
    After picking up a Pixi 4 today, I've finally managed to get another month

Could someone tell me how to transfer this account onto my NFC phone please?

Is it just a case of adding the 'new' email address I used onto the NFC phone and signing in?
    Exactly right. Add via 'manage accounts' in AP.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 7th Jan 18, 5:09 PM
    • 6,705 Posts
    • 90,658 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    I was lucky to find one.
    No price on shelf so I asked a male sa to check for me.
    Minky Essence bc 0668

Mine go rusty really quickly with using a steam generator.

Afternoon peeps.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Only 42 ones in the 2 I checked did scan them
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • Anon
    • By Anon 7th Jan 18, 5:10 PM
    • 12,898 Posts
    • 145,813 Thanks
    Anon
    I may have got my head round this

I have a new phone, pick up on Tuesday , another Visa card and I just need to register card. But no phone time ?

I am sure you are gifted with patience as you have been so helpful

Thanks
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    !!!8220;No phone time!!!8221; - you mean minutes/texts/data? No that is not needed on the donor phone, just a WiFi connection to register the Droid Pay account.

You will need a data connection/WiFi when using the app for the envelopes to open though.

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 07-01-2018 at 5:13 PM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 7th Jan 18, 5:13 PM
    • 12,898 Posts
    • 145,813 Thanks
    Anon
    Thanks. So to the right of the keys, if there's no contactless sign is there something else to indicate something's under the plastic?

I'm beginning to think I won't be able to find a compatible atm, looked in town today and they all looked like my previous photo.

Could anyone post a pic of a 'right' atm?
    Your picture looked identical to the ATam I was just at - nothing to the right of the keypad to indicate that was where the contactless was, but on screen there was a message about contactless so I knew I was in the right place . If it works, a message comes up on the ATM screen about inserting your card (and your phone Droid envelope animation starts - plus a beep!).

They even have free WiFi at San so connect to that to save your data/recent issues opening the envelopes .

HTH

Anon
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 7th Jan 18, 5:19 PM
    • 2,993 Posts
    • 37,345 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Thread must be soooo dull for those on Apple with all these non-stop Q's on AP.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 7th Jan 18, 5:20 PM
    • 12,898 Posts
    • 145,813 Thanks
    Anon
    Do you have a barclays card

i have halifax on my AP and when i scanned the barclays Contactless it said not recognised here
    Originally posted by newbie1980
    I had the same error with both HesBC and NWide cards - no envelopes opening on those machines, just the error message on my phone. Barclay do not work with Droid Pay - they apparently are doing their own thing at the moment (but does work on Apple Pay).

San machine wasnt fussy .

HTH

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 7th Jan 18, 5:21 PM
    • 12,898 Posts
    • 145,813 Thanks
    Anon
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    Not at all - I use Apple and have bought Droid just to play .

It is a shame we didn!!!8217;t fully understand it early on and how to activate additional accounts, as we could otherwise have potentially won even more . The HeSBC version would particularly have been great to play for longer.

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 07-01-2018 at 5:27 PM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jan 18, 5:27 PM
    • 17,305 Posts
    • 210,321 Thanks
    mhoc
    Check your emails for one from Flora Pro-active which includes a 1 MOC - not downloaded mine so I don't know what size, variety or type of MOC it is or its expiry date as yet.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 7th Jan 18, 5:57 PM
    • 3,925 Posts
    • 54,338 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    No phone time - you mean minutes/texts/data? No that is not needed on the donor phone, just a WiFi connection to register the Droid Pay account.

You will need a data connection/WiFi when using the app for the envelopes to open though.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Yes thanks
    Retired
    • locarr
    • By locarr 7th Jan 18, 6:00 PM
    • 7,959 Posts
    • 140,688 Thanks
    locarr

According to the new Boots magazine, dry January is unrealistic, people are better drinking in moderation as in February we binge drink to make up for depriving ourselves all month.

Interesting reading.
    No decent coupons though.
    Originally posted by curl girl

Read the same too in Men's health...

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/why-you-shouldnt-do-dry-january?utm_source=crm&utm_medium=email&utm_campai gn=MNH_N_20180104_DailyUpgrade283&utm_content=na&u tm_term=na&HearstNode=06BCB78E722BA0F25EFEAFEBA293 60A98806A4BE9817A83F2E1E8A173EBB04B0
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • locarr
    • By locarr 7th Jan 18, 6:14 PM
    • 7,959 Posts
    • 140,688 Thanks
    locarr

Yep!

But does it really matter?

If our intention is to be welcoming to newcomers, it does the cause no good to make a dig

After all, you and I were once lurkers I guess locarr Very few people jump straight in

Apart from that, I can think of lots of examples where a newcomer has started a post with Im a long time lurker, but I might have just found something.........
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly

I welcome newcomers, always have...

Many a time I have defended newbies from some of our pedantic posters who dig out those that make an error.

I was referring to those that only seem to make an appearance when a big glitch is going down and then disappear without adding any value to the thread, they know who they are
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 6:17 PM
    • 34,874 Posts
    • 483,704 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    In need of a bit pampering....anyone else opened theirs?

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 6:21 PM
    • 34,874 Posts
    • 483,704 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Nah.......I think it always been the same.....theres always a few who jump on an idea and questions flow......but it soon passes and were onto the next idea
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 7th Jan 18, 6:24 PM
    • 16,101 Posts
    • 193,895 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Just back from M...bought 10 soup and 10 beans...7 outlay and got 6000 more points, so total cost 1. Thanks ILTS....DH is just tucking into a bowl of chickpea and spinach soup...lovely
    Originally posted by juju17
    That is a fabulous deal, off to have a read x
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 6:25 PM
    • 34,874 Posts
    • 483,704 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Yep!

I welcome newcomers, always have...

Many a time I have defended newbies from some of our pedantic posters who dig out those that make an error.

I was referring to those that only seem to make an appearance when a big glitch is going down and then disappear without adding any value to the thread, they know who they are
    Originally posted by locarr
    You do always welcome new posters locarr
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 7th Jan 18, 6:27 PM
    • 3,684 Posts
    • 37,991 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    In need of a bit pampering....anyone else opened theirs?

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I love those boxes @12.50 last January they were a true bargain
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 11lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jan 18, 6:34 PM
    • 17,305 Posts
    • 210,321 Thanks
    mhoc
    Just back from M...bought 10 soup and 10 beans...7 outlay and got 6000 more points, so total cost 1. Thanks ILTS....DH is just tucking into a bowl of chickpea and spinach soup...lovely
    Originally posted by juju17
    Mad at myself now as we were in Morribobs this afternoon and I didn't even look at the right section.
    Errant son is going through the Heinz stash 2 cans at a time so it wont last that long ...

If anyone else has bought these please can we have some pics so we know what to look for pretty please.

I've got Morribobs gift vouchers as well - discounted from OHs works scheme so even better
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 6:38 PM
    • 34,874 Posts
    • 483,704 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Errant son is going through the Heinz stash 2 cans at a time so it wont last that long ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Are these the beans and sausages ones mhoc?

I had the misfortune to open a tin last week and I thought the sausages were horrible

Cant remember the last time I tried them but surely they weren't as bad as that
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

249Posts Today

3,408Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin