Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,483Posts
    • 36,792Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 710
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 7th Jan 18, 3:17 PM
    • 7,141 Posts
    • 59,079 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    The contactless is in that space to the right of the keypad - usually, but not always, marked with the contactless sign.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    Thanks. So to the right of the keys, if there's no contactless sign is there something else to indicate something's under the plastic?

I'm beginning to think I won't be able to find a compatible atm, looked in town today and they all looked like my previous photo.

Could anyone post a pic of a 'right' atm?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • thepearce
    • By thepearce 7th Jan 18, 3:20 PM
    • 2,185 Posts
    • 12,945 Thanks
    thepearce
    Argh - Muller fail. Despite me arranging groups of 5 different flavour yoghurts it has gone through as 1 x 68p and then 11 @ 68p. If I were lucky the hidden one would be the first one (1x) but it's irrelevant as I ended up then with 7 different items - including some nakd bars.
    Last edited by thepearce; 07-01-2018 at 3:22 PM.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 7th Jan 18, 3:28 PM
    • 29,413 Posts
    • 425,748 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Afternoon

Was very slippy walking to mums this morning glad I had my snowboots on

Get well soon TM . Poppy says snuggle up with Oz he will make you feel better

Izzey sorry we missed you this morning Poppy would have loved one of your Waities biscuits she says save them please for next time.
    Lost 3st-9lb
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 7th Jan 18, 3:30 PM
    • 2,795 Posts
    • 30,649 Thanks
    curl girl
    Looked in 2 tescos near me, no sign of 5 ironing board, typical mine is broke and need a new one
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    I was lucky to find one.
    No price on shelf so I asked a male sa to check for me.
    Minky Essence bc 0668

Mine go rusty really quickly with using a steam generator.

Afternoon peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • michaels
    • By michaels 7th Jan 18, 3:34 PM
    • 20,808 Posts
    • 96,376 Thanks
    michaels
    On Arg0s it says PAYG phones have to be bought with a 10 top up, but there doesnt seem to be anything forcing you to when you order for fast track collection?

Has anyone bought from there and walked away with the phone without a top up?

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    This is a known workaround at Argos to avoid a top-up.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • choirchick
    • By choirchick 7th Jan 18, 3:38 PM
    • 1,042 Posts
    • 20,993 Thanks
    choirchick
    Good afternoon everyone

Having trouble uploading photo but someone in front of me had bought a single size duvet set blue stripe & went through @ 25p
    So I went to have a little look. The double went through @ 90p No King size left so couldn!!!8217;t check price. Still full price on the sell.

Similar to current one on the George website b/c ending 387299

Hope someone else finds them.
    Last edited by choirchick; 07-01-2018 at 4:06 PM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jan 18, 3:39 PM
    • 17,303 Posts
    • 210,311 Thanks
    mhoc
    02 have a 14 day change of mind returns policy which includes !!!8220;ahem!!!8221; trying out the phone and sending back if it does not meet your needs #justsaying

Anon
    Still trying to figure this out
    So if I order this phone do I need to order a 10 payg sim as well?

But the phone does need an O2 sim?

Does the phone come with an empty sim?

I have my sim that I use for my o2 app on my normal phone, could I use this? Or woud it confuse my normal iphone?

I have a spare visa - could it be a debit card or a credit card?

why are people buying the more expensive phone from argos rather than the cheap O2 phone ??!!

thanks in advance for any clues
    Last edited by mhoc; 07-01-2018 at 3:42 PM.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • ROCKINGHAM
    • By ROCKINGHAM 7th Jan 18, 3:45 PM
    • 890 Posts
    • 9,013 Thanks
    ROCKINGHAM
    Afternoon all - feeling rough which a shame really cost it looks nice outside yeah I know it will be cold but it's the sort of day I could up my step count. Got like funny sensation in my left ear - it's a bit like white noise. Think it must be the leftover cartaah from the headcold I have. At least the headache has subsided.

Not a brilliant start but hopefully I will have the energy to pop to Ms for beans and soup.

AJ don't be naughty and take it easy. Di sorry yr op has been delayed but it's sounds as though it mightsuits you better. However have to agree with Blacklist - money tight at this time of year. I had to wait until a pension was paid into my account before I could make a contribution. Glad I don't have to wait until end of the month like most others.

Bubbs I know you have to move out every year but don't understand why. Gosh it must be a real pain just after Xmas too.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday folks. xx
    • Anon
    • By Anon 7th Jan 18, 3:54 PM
    • 12,897 Posts
    • 145,808 Thanks
    Anon
    Still trying to figure this out
    So if I order this phone do I need to order a 10 payg sim as well?

But the phone does need an O2 sim?

Does the phone come with an empty sim?

I have my sim that I use for my o2 app on my normal phone, could I use this? Or woud it confuse my normal iphone?

I have a spare visa - could it be a debit card or a credit card?

why are people buying the more expensive phone from argos rather than the cheap O2 phone ??!!

thanks in advance for any clues
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Just order with a Classic PAYG sim and it will go through checkout without having to pay a 10 top up.

It does not have NFC so will not work for going out shopping to be able to play, but can be used to activate a new account to then add to an existing phone with NFC. To reiterate, if you do not already have an NFC enabled phone to use Droid Pay at the checkout, don!!!8217;t buy this one as you will still not be able to play.

You don!!!8217;t need a SIM to activate Droid Pay on it, you just need a WiFi connection.

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 07-01-2018 at 4:03 PM.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 7th Jan 18, 3:56 PM
    • 19,475 Posts
    • 209,640 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    On Arg0s it says PAYG phones have to be bought with a 10 top up, but there doesnt seem to be anything forcing you to when you order for fast track collection?

Has anyone bought from there and walked away with the phone without a top up?

Anon
    My OH did a couple of years ago, for my Christmas present. Simply told them it was for a contract SIM and didn't want the top up.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Anon
    • By Anon 7th Jan 18, 4:05 PM
    • 12,897 Posts
    • 145,808 Thanks
    Anon
    Good afternoon everyone

Someone in front of me had bought the single size & went through @ 25p
    So I went to have a little look. The double went through @ 90p No King size left so couldnt check price. Still full price on the sell.

Hope someone else finds them.
    Originally posted by choirchick
    Sorry, what are you referring to buying from where, as whatever you are quoting is missing (for me anyway!).

Many thanks

Anon
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 7th Jan 18, 4:07 PM
    • 3,923 Posts
    • 54,327 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    454g Christmas pud dated to May 2019 now 62p in Iceland.
    I will pop in tomorrow, Thanks. My hamper is well and truly started. Free sugar, Rtc Christmas crackers, napkins, cranberry sauces and choccies (from Iceland )

Can you tell I am am bored
    Last edited by mrsmac10; 07-01-2018 at 4:19 PM.
    Retired
    • choirchick
    • By choirchick 7th Jan 18, 4:08 PM
    • 1,042 Posts
    • 20,993 Thanks
    choirchick
    Sorry, what are you referring to buying from where, as whatever you are quoting is missing (for me anyway!).

Many thanks

Anon
    Hi Anon it's been ages since I've posted any photos. Have updated my original post.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 7th Jan 18, 4:09 PM
    • 29,413 Posts
    • 425,748 Thanks
    tweets

Lou

Altojack had left me a message on Facebook for you.

She struggled to post this pic and asked if I would

She says the gift set in the hamper was free from sdrug buying something, cant remember what. Theres a 1p keyring from T and a 1p mini photo album too haha
    Lost 3st-9lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jan 18, 4:11 PM
    • 17,303 Posts
    • 210,311 Thanks
    mhoc
    I felt it was time for another C0 -op till spit MOC so I went home today via the co-op and I found Granny Smiths apples - 4 pack reduced to 75p - 68p after using the NUS and blue Co-op card.

Out came a till spit for 50p off water and soft drinks so I found a 2 litre bottle of low sugar cloudy lemonade for 65p - 59p after NUS/blue card and then 9p after using the 50p MOC

Thanks

55p of yesterday's spend was on rtc parsnips and carrots at a Co op (it's next door to a charity shop where I'd just donated a load, one of the few locally with parking outside.)

For the day-to-day, I quite like Co op. In yesterday's store, they actively promote their rtcs, pricing them low from early on, and the till ladies will ask you if you've seen the 10p tomatoes etc.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jan 18, 4:14 PM
    • 17,303 Posts
    • 210,311 Thanks
    mhoc
    Co-op also have a free monthly magazine at the till, lots of reading and recipes etc

Also 2 MOCs valid until early February - one for 1 for an Innocent juice - hideously expensive unless you find it in clearance.

The other was for Flora diary free 50p off - quite a few supermarkets have this on offer for 1 but I don't imagine the C0-op will
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 7th Jan 18, 4:16 PM
    • 3,923 Posts
    • 54,327 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Just order with a Classic PAYG sim and it will go through checkout without having to pay a 10 top up.

It does not have NFC so will not work for going out shopping to be able to play, but can be used to activate a new account to then add to an existing phone with NFC. To reiterate, if you do not already have an NFC enabled phone to use Droid Pay at the checkout, dont buy this one as you will still not be able to play.

You dont need a SIM to activate Droid Pay on it, you just need a WiFi connection.

HTH

Anon
    I may have got my head round this

I have a new phone, pick up on Tuesday , another Visa card and I just need to register card. But no phone time ?

I am sure you are gifted with patience as you have been so helpful

Thanks
    Retired
    • newbie1980
    • By newbie1980 7th Jan 18, 4:38 PM
    • 1,928 Posts
    • 23,269 Thanks
    newbie1980
    My suspicious behaviour at Bclys till today netted me a coke, 3 M&S, 3 X 3 Gregg's, 2 x 10 Dine out and a 20 meal voucher (over 2 phones). I decided to use this rather than the STDr as one of my cards is Stdr and their ATM message asks me to use card whereas Bclys says cannot read card. I didn't want to flag my account with Stdr so hoping the fact this ATM says they cannot read the card won't flag my account anywhere.
    Do you have a barclays card

i have halifax on my AP and when i scanned the barclays Contactless it said not recognised here
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 4:42 PM
    • 34,866 Posts
    • 483,646 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    All the lurkers appear to have gone in to hibernation now the big gift glitch has ended...
    Originally posted by locarr
    But does it really matter?

If our intention is to be welcoming to newcomers, it does the cause no good to make a dig

After all, you and I were once lurkers I guess locarr Very few people jump straight in

Apart from that, I can think of lots of examples where a newcomer has started a post with Im a long time lurker, but I might have just found something.........
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 7th Jan 18, 4:46 PM
    • 2,866 Posts
    • 38,167 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Do you have a barclays card

i have halifax on my AP and when i scanned the barclays Contactless it said not recognised here
    Originally posted by newbie1980
    No, no Bcard.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

222Posts Today

2,010Users online

Martin's Twitter