Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,491Posts
    • 36,799Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 709
    • Anon
    • By Anon 7th Jan 18, 2:04 PM
    • 12,905 Posts
    • 145,864 Thanks
    Anon
    The contactless is in that space to the right of the keypad - usually, but not always, marked with the contactless sign.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    Yes, it is right of the key pad. If they have security cameras they will have seen me scanning the ATM all round until my phone beeped . I also did the same at other ATMs too - though in fairness it did say contactless in. Screen so I knew it was there somewhere!

It is not exactly obvious as no label on my nearest San - I tried scanning the keypad, the card slot ... I was expecting getting a tap on my shoulder from the police for suspicious behaviour .

Anon
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 7th Jan 18, 2:08 PM
    • 6,711 Posts
    • 90,733 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    All the lurkers appear to have gone in to hibernation now the big gift glitch has ended...
    Originally posted by locarr
    Typical .
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • thepearce
    • By thepearce 7th Jan 18, 2:10 PM
    • 2,185 Posts
    • 12,945 Thanks
    thepearce
    Started a new job this week and have been full of a cold too. 5 hours travel each day so not even time to catch up each day...

Saw this in M&S today and thought I'd mention it :
    80 Breakfast Blend Tea Bags (yellow box) are reduced to 1.10 in M&S. Bought one along with some milk for a few magic digits (AP) and 10p real money .

Saw the M beans on the dark side earlier so bought 2 x 20 of those for food bank. Also tried (and somewhat failed) for the 6,250 points (6.25) when you buy an amazon gift card. I think that's effective 12.5% off at amazon - albeit to spend in M.
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 7th Jan 18, 2:12 PM
    • 1,695 Posts
    • 28,277 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Mixed results on balsam shop

14 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    2x Hunger Breaks The Full Monty (395g) 2.00 2.00
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) 0.10 N/A
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Smooth & Sleek Shampoo (300ml) 6.00 N/A
    1x Hunger Breaks All Day Breakfast (395g) 1.00 1.74
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Damage Repair Conditioner (300ml) 6.00 3.00
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Smooth & Sleek Conditioner (300ml) 6.00 3.00
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) 0.10 0.10
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Damage Repair Shampoo (300ml) 6.00 N/A
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) 0.10 0.10
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (4 pint) 1.09 1.10
    Comparison total (compared products only) 16.49 11.24
    +5.25 cheaper
    For your information:
    • Anon
    • By Anon 7th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    • 12,905 Posts
    • 145,864 Thanks
    Anon
    On Arg0s it says PAYG phones have to be bought with a 10 top up, but there doesn!!!8217;t seem to be anything forcing you to when you order for fast track collection?

Has anyone bought from there and walked away with the phone without a top up?

Anon
    • Blacklist
    • By Blacklist 7th Jan 18, 2:30 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 920 Thanks
    Blacklist
    All the lurkers appear to have gone in to hibernation now the big gift glitch has ended...
    Originally posted by locarr
    Some don't have any spare cash.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 7th Jan 18, 2:33 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    On Arg0s it says PAYG phones have to be bought with a top up card, but there doesnt seem to be anything forcing you to when you order for fast track collection?

Has anyone bought from there without a top up?

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    None of the iPhones I bought I have got top up cards but then they were not locked to any particular network. Is that the same? All reserved for collection in store not fast track so didn't pay until there.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • underperky
    • By underperky 7th Jan 18, 2:37 PM
    • 5,054 Posts
    • 64,246 Thanks
    underperky
    Good afternoon Elite

Got home yesterday but after overdoing things as per, Im spending today in bed . My joints are hot and swollen and I dare not mention my feet, cant even get my slippers on today

Looks like theres too much to catch up on but I might just flick back through the pages tonight, just to make sure youve all been behaving yourselves

Hope everyone happy and well, cupboards still full? Strange but Ive missed you guys

Hugs to all the Elite poorly, special thoughts and hugs to those low in spirit and mind. Youre always in my thoughts xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    Plenty of rest young lady .....we will never learn not to over do it ...
    I am guilty of the same crime ....and sad to say a repeat offender
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 7th Jan 18, 2:37 PM
    • 3,687 Posts
    • 38,005 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Some don't have any spare cash.
    Originally posted by Blacklist
    But most have, you have confirmed my suspicions of who you really are
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 11lb
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 7th Jan 18, 2:39 PM
    • 27,774 Posts
    • 383,049 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    TM and AJ hope you both feel better soon xx

Di sorry to hear your op had been cancelled, I hope it's rearranged ok x
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 7th Jan 18, 2:41 PM
    • 3,687 Posts
    • 38,005 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    TM and AJ hope you both feel better soon xx

Di sorry to hear your op had been cancelled, I hope it's rearranged ok x
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    No new date yet TS I would imagine it will take a while for the nhs to get over the latest crisis. the nearer the summer the better for me
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have Weight lost so far 2 stone 11lb
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 7th Jan 18, 2:43 PM
    • 6,711 Posts
    • 90,733 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Looked in 2 tescos near me, no sign of 5 ironing board, typical mine is broke and need a new one
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • Blacklist
    • By Blacklist 7th Jan 18, 2:52 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 920 Thanks
    Blacklist
    But most have, you have confirmed my suspicions of who you really are
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    I dont because i've spent nearly 2 yrs at fighting for pip.I was hear before the gift sets and dont know anybody on this board except for one who kindly lifted my spirits when i got a couple of bodge shops, It's also a tight time of month for some who wont get paid till end of Jan.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 7th Jan 18, 2:52 PM
    • 2,868 Posts
    • 38,182 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Yes, it is right of the key pad. If they have security cameras they will have seen me scanning the ATM all round until my phone beeped . I also did the same at other ATMs too - though in fairness it did say contactless in. Screen so I knew it was there somewhere!

It is not exactly obvious as no label on my nearest San - I tried scanning the keypad, the card slot ... I was expecting getting a tap on my shoulder from the police for suspicious behaviour .

Anon
    My suspicious behaviour at Bclys till today netted me a coke, 3 M&S, 3 X 3 Gregg's, 2 x 10 Dine out and a 20 meal voucher (over 2 phones). I decided to use this rather than the STDr as one of my cards is Stdr and their ATM message asks me to use card whereas Bclys says cannot read card. I didn't want to flag my account with Stdr so hoping the fact this ATM says they cannot read the card won't flag my account anywhere.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 7th Jan 18, 2:55 PM
    • 20,292 Posts
    • 264,964 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Drumstick squashies 50p online at Morrison!!!8217;s

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/swizzels-drumstick-squashies-50p-online-instore-at-morrisons-2872589

Also matchmakers mint are 50p online at Morrison!!!8217;s
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    They (and Matchmakers Orange, I don't know about Matchmakers Honeycomb but they possibly are too) are also 50p each in M instore (and have been for over a week). However, best of luck as I mentioned before as Christmas legacy items like this are now bitty in M - they are hit and miss depending on store: it depends on whether the store you visit happens to have them left. For example, McVitie's Victoria Carton is, uselessly, 3 in M but the APG seem clearly to no longer have it in their stores as it has returned N/A. I suspect the Nestle Black Magic box may also not compare on TBG - even if M has it somewhere it's likely to have gone from the collection places. It is on clearance and, although I know TBG should not compare against clearance items, some of these items are not being described as RTC or clearance in M on the SELs anymore - instead, they say Christmas "Reductions" so, if a TBG store or more does have it, the items may well be picked up and compare on TBG and, on this basis, I am including them as potential Tvs M.

As for the Squashies are they a small pack at 50p? I think I have seen that instore as well but also have bigger box size on reduction elsewhere in M but neither of them any good?

I don't know how ordering items online from M works - in other words whether the delivery would arrive saying that the Squashies or Matchmakers were OOS and maybe deliver a substitute if that was requested - there are lots of items online on m.com that are not in people's stores, are only in some stores somewhere and then those stores don't have other items that are online so I don't know how online ordering works regarding items that aren't in your store (many people I suspect will already find Squashies and Matchmakers are not in their store - they were there before but have already been put out on RTC, have sold out and the SELs removed, leaving most people I suspect no longer able to find them in their M) - if people order items online that aren't in their M will they receive nothing (or a substitute) or do they come from some central place that has items that aren't available anywhere locally but only at some M fifty miles away?
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 704-707 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 7th Jan 18, 2:57 PM
    • 2,868 Posts
    • 38,182 Thanks
    pacifica9
    454g Christmas pud dated to May 2019 now 62p in Iceland.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 7th Jan 18, 3:02 PM
    • 3,687 Posts
    • 38,005 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    454g Christmas pud dated to May 2019 now 62p in Iceland.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    They had some sponge puddings as well the other day also 62p.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 7th Jan 18, 3:04 PM
    • 3,687 Posts
    • 38,005 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    It looks like the points offer on the beans is on until 4th February so hopefully it will be 20 tins per day.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 7th Jan 18, 3:08 PM
    • 5,123 Posts
    • 59,796 Thanks
    gocat
    re AP. Is there a best visa card to add or doesnt it matter.
    tia
    Also can you do AP in M's. Might try it with the beans deal . Can do one at a time isnt it?

Playing about with my new toy
    • thepearce
    • By thepearce 7th Jan 18, 3:17 PM
    • 2,185 Posts
    • 12,945 Thanks
    thepearce
    On Arg0s it says PAYG phones have to be bought with a 10 top up, but there doesnt seem to be anything forcing you to when you order for fast track collection?

Has anyone bought from there and walked away with the phone without a top up?

Anon
    I believe that is a common tactic used on the darkside when there's a cheap phone available at argos.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

294Posts Today

3,595Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin