Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,480Posts
    • 36,790Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 704
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 6th Jan 18, 6:57 PM
    • 6,699 Posts
    • 90,564 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Evening all
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • louj101
    • By louj101 6th Jan 18, 7:06 PM
    • 1,701 Posts
    • 28,339 Thanks
    louj101
    Evening all

want to say a really big thank you for your support and kind words yesterday xx
    sorry for the late reply, im having a bad day today over done it so hurting lots
    started slimming world on 8/10/13
    update on my weight loss 3st off

broke my back doing glitching
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 6th Jan 18, 7:19 PM
    • 3,752 Posts
    • 36,837 Thanks
    Picasso7
    so sorry to hear that Lou.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 6th Jan 18, 7:21 PM
    • 15,023 Posts
    • 257,220 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Our Red Cross Shop has had piles of brand new Cotton Traders & Jacamo tops in (in larger sizes)
    New in their cellophane & tissue paper for 1.99 each

I bought a Wales rugby shirt & a Guinness rugby shirt.
    2 gorgeous purple & pink polo shirts, then went home & tried them on & they are perfect
    So went back again & bought more

Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 6th Jan 18, 7:32 PM
    • 19,458 Posts
    • 209,540 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

Our Red Cross Shop has had piles of brand new Cotton Traders & Jacamo tops in (in larger sizes)
    New in their cellophane & tissue paper for 1.99 each

I bought a Wales rugby shirt & a Guinness rugby shirt.
    2 gorgeous purple & pink polo shirts, then went home & tried them on & they are perfect
    So went back again & bought more

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    I do envy you your charity shops, you know what they are like round here, they would have taken the "normal" price and added on as much as they could get away with.

It seems ridiculous, especially as I see the same item there month after month. They get the stuff donated fgs, I know it is for charity, but surely they should also consider that there is a lot of people around, even here, that cant afford to pay the price they ask. If they put the price down, people could afford the items and they would get better throughput.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • vanilla twist
    • By vanilla twist 6th Jan 18, 7:33 PM
    • 3,945 Posts
    • 58,748 Thanks
    vanilla twist
    Good Morning all

Hampy Wonderful news Enjoy a wonderful visit to see the soon to be parents

Di You have been in my thoughts It must have been a hard few weeks getting the right mind set for the op then wondering what news you would get Take care

3 dogs Safe journey and enjoy your visit

Snap where are you off to this year Must have missed the details

VT Did you see the morning news Only caught a snippet but the RAF now have a travelling bear to help combat loneliness Old people with RAF connections (I think ) are invited to meet up with a befriender and can follow the bear on its travels Did they steal your idea or a bear on its travels ?

We are baby sitting as DS is going out tonight as needs a wee sleep Kids up at 4.30 and 5.30 this morning

Enjoy your day
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Love to think they stole my idea but I know schools have been doing it for a long time, some even allow grandparents to take the class bear away if they are off to somewhere far flung and educational.
    I am sure the RAF Bear will be a huge hit as I do know a few people enjoy Mr Teds spasmodic adventures. Plus I have always enjoyed staging photos and adding captions. Hoping my youngest dgd is introduced to Mr Teds travels as her parents both follow him. I am sure dgd thinks he is a bit magical.

Lovely trip out with N yesterday. Missed xmas reductions in our new B and M store but still spent 2 hours in there it is huge! Didn't even get round to going upstairs. Good result in Mr A as we just got the Lindor strawberry chocolates a a woman came flying round the corner looking for them. We did share. Also xmas cake mixes. First time I have ever seen them instore. Got a few bits and pieces I had my eye on for house but wouldn't pay full price for.
    More I portable we had a really good mooch round shops and a good laugh although next time might need to use my car as N's was very overloaded

Spent this afternoon moving lounge furniture about. Only to the exact opposite to where it was but will take some getting use to.

V x
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back
    Originally posted by fairclaire
    May the odds be ever in your favour

SPC 7 Pot No 410 232.63 Total
    • vanilla twist
    • By vanilla twist 6th Jan 18, 7:41 PM
    • 3,945 Posts
    • 58,748 Thanks
    vanilla twist
    I received in the post this morning my 100 gift card for joining sunlife

if any friends of mine over 50 want to join they would as well as me receive a 100 gift card
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    I am still waiting for the royal London gift card plus I opened another insurance at the same time (can't remember off hand what it was but not sainsbugs) still waiting for that one as well.
    Think sunlife was the quickest one to arrive. Hope they hurry up
    V x
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back
    Originally posted by fairclaire
    May the odds be ever in your favour

SPC 7 Pot No 410 232.63 Total
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 6th Jan 18, 7:52 PM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,178 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I do envy you your charity shops, you know what they are like round here, they would have taken the "normal" price and added on as much as they could get away with.

It seems ridiculous, especially as I see the same item there month after month. They get the stuff donated fgs, I know it is for charity, but surely they should also consider that there is a lot of people around, even here, that cant afford to pay the price they ask. If they put the price down, people could afford the items and they would get better throughput.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    The daftest thing I ever saw was when I was volunteering in one. A huge load of books arrived, box after box from a lady who was clearing her house, there must have been hundreds, way too many to take through to the back, so they stayed in the shop area that morning. Within 5 minutes of their arrival, a customer was looking in one box, held up a book, and asked how much it was.

The manager said the customer couldn't have it as they 'hadn't been priced yet.'

Some of these places are just too precious for words.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• Anon
    • By Anon 6th Jan 18, 7:54 PM
    • 12,895 Posts
    • 145,792 Thanks
    Anon
    Is the benefit of this to transfer to a phone with nfc which already has an account on it then pls
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Exactly, if you already have an NFC phone you can get this, activate a new account on the new phone, add it into the NFC phone then trade in/sell the new phone .

HTH

Anon
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 6th Jan 18, 8:25 PM
    • 3,340 Posts
    • 48,410 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    What fabulous news, and getting together as a family to mark this is a wonderful idea. x
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Evening luvlies

Thanks again for all the congratulations

I had a whole list of all the quotes to thank and now Ive lost it
    Morning all
    Might not be about much this weekend as it's move off day
    Congratulations hampy !!!65533;!!!65533;
    Sorry you have had op cancelled Di!!!65533;!!!65533;
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Thanks everyone. Hope your move goes well bubbs

Di what a disappointment to have your op cancelled, hope you dont have to wait to long for another date

Off for a catch up
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Jan 18, 8:28 PM
    • 12,895 Posts
    • 145,792 Thanks
    Anon
    02 have a 14 day change of mind returns policy which includes !!!8220;ahem!!!8221; trying out the phone and sending back if it does not meet your needs #justsaying

Anon
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 6th Jan 18, 8:35 PM
    • 2,778 Posts
    • 30,530 Thanks
    curl girl
    Evening peeps.

Minky Spotted Ironing board 5 in T.
    Brilliant buy as I normally pay more than this for a cover!

Off for a catch up.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 6th Jan 18, 8:36 PM
    • 4,631 Posts
    • 91,441 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Thank you for this Shirley and Izzey. Was going to go out this evening but feeling a bit sick so staying comfy and warm. Perhaps tomorrow...
    Originally posted by Picasso7

Yogurts will keep, best off staying warm.

Unusually Asda put a start and end date on the Muller offer, ends 25th January, so plenty of time

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 6th Jan 18, 8:37 PM
    • 2,778 Posts
    • 30,530 Thanks
    curl girl
    Popped into shoes to eye up the sale offerings.
    What a load of overpriced rubbish is left.
    Don't think I will bother with the sale sale this year.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 6th Jan 18, 8:43 PM
    • 7,141 Posts
    • 59,068 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Exactly, if you already have an NFC phone you can get this, activate a new account on the new phone, add it into the NFC phone then trade in/sell the new phone .

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    AP

I bought an Alba tablet to try this on, figuring I could do this and transfer to my phone.
    I can!!!8217;t get a card to go in the wallet at all.
    I!!!8217;ve tried uninstalling AP restarting then installing again, factory reset then reinstall.
    All I!!!8217;m getting is these:

Or

I!!!8217;m entering totally correct details.

You can do this on a tablet can!!!8217;t you?
    Any other suggestions appreciated
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Jan 18, 9:07 PM
    • 12,895 Posts
    • 145,792 Thanks
    Anon
    AP

I bought an Alba tablet to try this on, figuring I could do this and transfer to my phone.
    I can!!!8217;t get a card to go in the wallet at all.
    I!!!8217;ve tried uninstalling AP restarting then installing again, factory reset then reinstall.
    All I!!!8217;m getting is these:

Or

I!!!8217;m entering totally correct details.

You can do this on a tablet can!!!8217;t you?
    Any other suggestions appreciated
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    I added a card successfully to my Samsung Galaxy Tab that does not have NFC, so possibly an Alba issue? Does it have Android 4.4 Kitkat or above? With you mentioning Wallet it suggests not? The image doesn!!!8217;t seem to show Android Pay in the background? Have you installed Android Pay (I had another tablet that had Wallet, it needed updating to Pay and Play Serbices needed updating)?

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 06-01-2018 at 9:24 PM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Jan 18, 9:11 PM
    • 12,895 Posts
    • 145,792 Thanks
    Anon
    Someone was asking about any deals on Amazon?

6250 points in M on 50 Am4zon giftcard?

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/6250-morrisons-more-points-on-50-gift-card-purchases-including-amazon-john-lewis-ms-2872455

HTH

Anon
    • michaels
    • By michaels 6th Jan 18, 9:14 PM
    • 20,803 Posts
    • 96,359 Thanks
    michaels
    I added a card successfully to my Samsung Galaxy Tab that does not have NFC, so possibly an Alba issue? Does it have Android 4.4 Kitkat or above? With you mentioning Wallet it suggests not? The image does. It seem to show Android Pay in the background? Have you installed Android Pay (I had another tablet that had Wallet, it needed updating to Pay and Play Serbices needed updating)?

HTH

Anon
    Android pay doesn't like a playstore hacked Amazon fire nor a unofficial droid 7 samsung galaxy tab 8.

Someone was asking about any deals on Amazon?

6250 points in M on 50 Am4zon giftcard?

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/6250-morrisons-more-points-on-50-gift-card-purchases-including-amazon-john-lewis-ms-2872455

HTH

Anon
    6.25? Thanks

Any more info on spotting which cash machines might have a suitable nfc reader?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 6th Jan 18, 9:16 PM
    • 7,560 Posts
    • 117,337 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Yogurts will keep, best off staying warm.

Unusually Asda put a start and end date on the Muller offer, ends 25th January, so plenty of time

Originally posted by izzeyb
    Now you tell me after spending the last half an hour getting 60 yoghurts in the fridge
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 6th Jan 18, 9:20 PM
    • 7,141 Posts
    • 59,068 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    I added a card successfully to my Samsung Galaxy Tab that does not have NFC, so possibly an Alba issue? Does it have Android 4.4 Kitkat or above? With you mentioning Wallet it suggests not? The image does. It seem to show Android Pay in the background? Have you installed Android Pay (I had another tablet that had Wallet, it needed updating to Pay and Play Serbices needed updating)?

HTH

Anon
    Its running android 7 nougat.

It installed AP no problem. I looked on Google Play Services app, and theres nothing I can see to update.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

197Posts Today

1,995Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • We all knew we'd win in the end. Never in doubt! ....walks away whistling

• Yeeesss. Phew. Wow. Uh. Oy yoy yoy

• It's interesting that 80% of the crowd are young women... According to the close ups we keep seeing anyway.

• Follow Martin