Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,487Posts
    • 36,793Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 703
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 6th Jan 18, 4:46 PM
    • 10,079 Posts
    • 116,111 Thanks
    emerald21
    Yes, my point was that I didn't understand why gocat had problems when trying to use them as part payment.

SnS
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    Yes I know that. Thought gocat would read it .
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 6th Jan 18, 4:48 PM
    • 14,805 Posts
    • 237,128 Thanks
    zippydooda
    How do you do this please?
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    a lot easier if you have one with a bar code
    i do it this way to make sure money has gone on before i scan goods.

i scan the key fob card (christmas saver) in shopping mode. i add the amount i want. it then says (as expected) something like "this card is already in use" do you want to top it up. then i add money amount. this avoids doing it at the end, in case sa's start hovering when im using the touch screen like a typewriter lol
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 6th Jan 18, 5:09 PM
    • 14,805 Posts
    • 237,128 Thanks
    zippydooda
    this is the sort of offer that may glitch, only i dont know what a blender is

Products included in this offer
    Mix and match - LOREAL FREE BLENDER
    Showing 1 - 60 of 215 items

edit i cant see them signed in anyway

really strange, i cant get the offer back at all now
    Last edited by zippydooda; 06-01-2018 at 5:23 PM.
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 6th Jan 18, 5:12 PM
    • 591 Posts
    • 7,594 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    Yes I know that. Thought gocat would read it .
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Ohh, I see. I thought there was some confusion............ well there was, but it was on my part

SnS
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 6th Jan 18, 5:14 PM
    • 2,248 Posts
    • 27,953 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    this is the sort of offer that may glitch, only i dont know what a blender is

Products included in this offer
    Mix and match - LOREAL FREE BLENDER
    Showing 1 - 60 of 215 items

edit i cant see them signed in anyway
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Blender, see
    http://joecartoon.com/watch/k1bbbc/Frog_in_a_Blender?list=dynamic&category_id=0&synd_ channel_id=0&time=last_7_days
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Jan 18, 5:15 PM
    • 17,307 Posts
    • 210,321 Thanks
    mhoc
    My 2 best shops today from Waitrose - OH has his own card as well so I split the shopping into 2

3 crafted by crackers juice juice at 1.35 each
    pizza express passatta 1.05
    magazine
    latte
    Saturday telegraph

When we had a Pizza Express meal at the end of last year after we paid the bill the girl gave us a couple of 50p MOCs off any pizza express items so I've been waiting for it to go onto the My Picks list again.
    The juice is on Shopimum - 60% off for 3 cartons so 2.43 to come back. Its also on GJ for 40p cashback - so after both lots these work out at about 41p each
    (sadly I remember when basic fruit juice was 33p a carton, how sad is that )

so
    minus 21p for PYO for the passatta
    minus 2.35 for the latte (its gone up in price)
    minus free magazine 2.00
    minus free newspaper 2.20
    minus 2.86 in cashback to come
    real final total 1.53

The 2nd shop was even better

pizza express passatta 1.05
    2 princes peach slices 1 each
    2 x bodyform wings long 1.43
    magazine
    Saturday Times
    latte

I had 2 of the free princes canned fruit print off MOCs.
    Also I sent for the free Bodyform samples that were on Freebies threads a while back and these came with 50p MOCs. I wanted to get another type of liner but our store does not stock them. Instead I found 2 with free little square tins attached to them, very nice designs - these are perfect for the Christmas shoe boxes - I collect odds and ends for them all year round.

minus 21p for the passatta PYO
    minus 25p for the Princes fruit multibuy
    minus 86p for the Bodyform multibuy
    minus free lattee 2.35
    minus free magazine 2
    minus free newspaper 1.70
    minus 50p MOC for passatta
    minus 50p x 2 for bodyform
    minus 1 x 2 for Princes fruit

final real total 1.09

And then the till spit machine gave me a voucher for a free fage total greek yog Till chap said to be careful to get the correct size and type and then to come back to him so I did and so I had a free 1.10 yogurt to go with the peach slices
    Then I realised it was on the COS list and uploaded the receipt which was accepted - 1 cashback (oh dear in the excitement I didn't realise they came in different sizes)
    So that 2nd shop cost in real money 9p

In our little Waitroses we have an older gentlemen on the basket tills and he is fabulous, very encouraging with the coupons and offers and loves it when you get your totals down to just a few pounds - when we go to waitrose we first look to see if the coffee machine is working and then see if the chap is on the tills
    Today I was so determined to have my shops scanned by him I let three people go in front of me, my random good deed for the day
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 6th Jan 18, 5:15 PM
    • 20,814 Posts
    • 96,385 Thanks
    michaels
    So I have added another car don my non NFC phone and it mentions the envelopes so all good but then on my other phone I can't get ti to switch to that account - the account is on the phone, I can see it in the drop down top left of the AP app but I can not select it?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 6th Jan 18, 5:22 PM
    • 10,079 Posts
    • 116,111 Thanks
    emerald21
    19.99 from o2 direct, no top up required on order, arrives Monday .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Has this got nfc though pls
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 6th Jan 18, 5:27 PM
    • 3,926 Posts
    • 54,344 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    19.99 from o2 direct, no top up required on order, arrives Monday .

Anon
    Will try O2 again could not find it last time
    Retired
    • finlay
    • By finlay 6th Jan 18, 5:30 PM
    • 351 Posts
    • 1,309 Thanks
    finlay
    Got to Sada today just as they were putting out reduced Xmas stuff. Got gift bags 10p, cards 20p,projection lights 1.5 and luxury crackers 50p. Some decks at 10p. Very happy. Hubby not so chuffed he just put the Xmas stuff in the loft this morn!
    Snootchie Bootchies!
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 6th Jan 18, 5:36 PM
    • 14,805 Posts
    • 237,128 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Got to Sada today just as they were putting out reduced Xmas stuff. Got gift bags 10p, cards 20p,projection lights 1.5 and luxury crackers 50p. Some decks at 10p. Very happy. Hubby not so chuffed he just put the Xmas stuff in the loft this morn!
    Originally posted by finlay
    any chance of a link or photo of the projection lights please, and or the original price
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Jan 18, 5:46 PM
    • 17,307 Posts
    • 210,321 Thanks
    mhoc
    Originally posted by finlay
    our little Waitrose still had lots of small sized Christmas card packs for 59p and gold plastic balls with fudge in for 99p but not much else
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • N6CNH
    • By N6CNH 6th Jan 18, 5:50 PM
    • 1,033 Posts
    • 10,780 Thanks
    N6CNH
    Evening all,

Been a little chaotic end to the week so been AWOL with RL.

Back now, hope all is well
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 6th Jan 18, 5:54 PM
    • 2,560 Posts
    • 7,390 Thanks
    pepper77
    This tickled me

The answer to the Muller conundrum is to cut the plastic in half - we have to do this for Sophie cat who loves cleaning out yogurt pots. Sophie cat adores human breakfast food - with a cereal bowl or a yog pot on the table or on the breakfast tray she sits and drools, coverting every mouthful - the last bit of milk does into her dish and the empty yog pot has t be cut in half for her

Mullers I don't mind, its the fruit corners I hate, far too fiddly.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I cant work out the corners, I seem to get a plain yoghurt and some jam I have to mix in.
    Sammy Woodhouse day?

Kriss Donald day?

• silvercar
    • By silvercar 6th Jan 18, 6:11 PM
    • 37,308 Posts
    • 157,164 Thanks
    silvercar
    These one4all cards are getting on my nerves. Thought I would have a go at purchasing the above mentioned phone from Argos with them. I have 3 cards with 10 on them, plus an argos 7 voucher so would have to use other means to pay the rest. Unfortunately you cant do that with one4all cards.
    Originally posted by gocat
    Buy something with the one4all cards, take it back and get the refund put on a gift card. Then buy the phone.
    • finlay
    • By finlay 6th Jan 18, 6:11 PM
    • 351 Posts
    • 1,309 Thanks
    finlay
    any chance of a link or photo of the projection lights please, and or the original price
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Its the led snowman and the two reindeer from ez illuminations think they were 15. sorry cant figure out how to put a pic on.
    Snootchie Bootchies!
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 6th Jan 18, 6:16 PM
    • 3,754 Posts
    • 36,841 Thanks
    Picasso7
    If anyone is buying 11+1 mullers and looking for fillers v Sains, it's not easy! However, I found that Nakd bars in 3 flavours: - lemon drizzle, peanut delight and cocoa coconut work out free after APG if you buy all 3 and claim 60% back on on shopmium. If you're not already using the shopmium app you would get something else free as well if you join via a referral link. If you can be bothered searching mine is on the referrers board - Link - but you will likely find other familiar names on there as well. I joined 22-4-16 and I have had loads of free stuff, I really can recommend it.
    Originally posted by shirley999
    Anyone doing one against Waities, worth checking out their half price offers as some good comparisons

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/shop/Browse/Groceries/half_price
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    You dont need trigger yogurt for 11 + 1, only for mixture.

But you can buy one if you like it. Just don't buy 11

Sure I saw a post the other day of 11 + 1 comparison against Waities, Claire1972 put a yogurt shop with her biscuits against Waities

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73659699&postcount=13541
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Thank you for this Shirley and Izzey. Was going to go out this evening but feeling a bit sick so staying comfy and warm. Perhaps tomorrow...
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Jan 18, 6:37 PM
    • 12,898 Posts
    • 145,815 Thanks
    Anon
    Has this got nfc though pls
    Originally posted by emerald21
    No, it is for getting another account to play on that could get added to an existing NFC phone, which was what I was asked about. I have already highlighted the cheapest NFC phone I could find earlier.

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 06-01-2018 at 7:55 PM.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 6th Jan 18, 6:42 PM
    • 10,079 Posts
    • 116,111 Thanks
    emerald21
    No, it is for getting another account which was what I was asked about. I have already highlighted the cheapest NFC phone so could find earlier.

Anon
    Ok thanks .
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 6th Jan 18, 6:46 PM
    • 10,079 Posts
    • 116,111 Thanks
    emerald21
    No, it is for getting another account which was what I was asked about. I have already highlighted the cheapest NFC phone so could find earlier.

Anon
    Is the benefit of this to transfer to a phone with nfc which already has an account on it then pls
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,486Posts Today

7,002Users online

Martin's Twitter