Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,489Posts
    • 36,793Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 699
    • gocat
    • By gocat 6th Jan 18, 11:10 AM
    • 5,122 Posts
    • 59,796 Thanks
    gocat
    For those looking for a new Droid phone, this may be the best deal at the moment (please post if a better deal found):

Sim Free Alcatel U5 4G Mobile Phone - Black / Grey
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7348105

Argos have this at 64.99 on offer. Note this specific U5 4g, the cheaper/other version does not have NFC, this one mentions it in the spec on Argos site.

If you go through VC today they are offering 10 Argos voucher back on a 50 spend. This makes it effectively 54.99.

Not as good as the A3 deal in November/December but I cannot see better at the moment?

Note this is not a recommendation, I have no knowledge of the phone I was just seeing what the cheapest nfc phone was I could find.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Doesnt the AP thing finish end of this month, or have I got that wrong?
    tia
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 6th Jan 18, 11:17 AM
    • 3,757 Posts
    • 36,856 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Good morning guys, 're the mullers, can I ask if there is another 'trigger' besides the Xmas one please, planning a shop v Sainbugs but need a second plan if they might not have the Xmas one no more. Tia
    Originally posted by Classy_Chick06
    I'd be glad of advice too please. I thought we didn't need a trigger as long as we got 11 of one sort and 1 of another? And is this v S please?

thank you.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 6th Jan 18, 11:21 AM
    • 3,251 Posts
    • 49,548 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning everyone. Congratulations hampy.

So far 1 terr down & room hoovered. 1 left to do and lots put back into the loft, then the rest of the packing to do. Xmas quilts in the washer so Xmas has almost disappeared for another 10 1/2 months.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 6th Jan 18, 11:32 AM
    • 5,445 Posts
    • 65,179 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Tinsel 25p in T's. Napkins 35p.

The Xmas cakes went down to 2.

The large chocolate pannetone are 1.25 for 500g.

Bacofoil turkey foil 45p but it's only 3 metres.

And in mine there's a whole stack of Italian-style deli meat platters but not being rtc till tomorrow as dated 7th.

I bought nothing. Only called in for a look on way home from library.

Yesterday I spent 1.55. Getting back to normal now.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

• gocat
    • By gocat 6th Jan 18, 11:36 AM
    • 5,122 Posts
    • 59,796 Thanks
    gocat
    These one4all cards are getting on my nerves. Thought I would have a go at purchasing the above mentioned phone from Argos with them. I have 3 cards with 10 on them, plus an argos 7 voucher so would have to use other means to pay the rest. Unfortunately you cant do that with one4all cards.
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 6th Jan 18, 11:39 AM
    • 2,576 Posts
    • 7,413 Thanks
    pepper77
    Good morning beautiful people
    Advice please
    If taking an item back for refund. Is it best before or after apg claimed ? Tia it was an unwanted gift tia
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    Under 20 ?

Use self service, preferably with conveyor, put your apg through yourself (keying in the numbers), when it says "put coupons aside" do that. Finish your transaction then put you voucher in the slot but keep your receipt (drop it casually in your bag).
    Return items later or at different store.

I had a tidy yesterday and slung five pristine B&H receipts.
    Sammy Woodhouse day?

Kriss Donald day?

• Classy_Chick06
    • By Classy_Chick06 6th Jan 18, 11:40 AM
    • 4,144 Posts
    • 63,349 Thanks
    Classy_Chick06
    I'd be glad of advice too please. I thought we didn't need a trigger as long as we got 11 of one sort and 1 of another? And is this v S please?

thank you.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    yes, as far as i know, we can get 11 mixed and the xmas trigger or 11 of 1 and 1 of another, .... i am planning a muggle shop today but was hoping to buy mullers seperate v Sainbugs so was hoping to buy a mixture with less fillers but wanted to know if there is an alternative trigger in case the xmas one is unavailable.
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 6th Jan 18, 11:45 AM
    • 2,868 Posts
    • 38,181 Thanks
    pacifica9
    QQ for anyone that has used 10 meal on AP, if you spend less than 10, do you keep the change on the app, like a gift card?
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    The Dine Out 10? Yes. They give you a receipt at till showing balance remaining.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • cjj
    • By cjj 6th Jan 18, 11:46 AM
    • 6,383 Posts
    • 85,025 Thanks
    cjj
    Morning all hope everyone is well

Congrats Hampy
    Di sorry your op was cancelled
    Good luck with the move bubbs
    Hope LEJC is ok

Hugs to everyone.

Can anyone advise on best catfood deals please (mhoc ?)

Our old cat only ate dried. I've just purchased 120 sachets of whiskas from FF for 22. I added 3 worth of food and used 2.50 off moc so 19.50 for 120 sachets. Is that a good deal or is there a better way. I suppose tins should work out cheaper ?

Tia xx

Have a great weekend everyone xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 6th Jan 18, 11:46 AM
    • 10,085 Posts
    • 116,142 Thanks
    emerald21
    QQ for anyone that has used 10 meal on AP, if you spend less than 10, do you keep the change on the app, like a gift card?
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    You do with the 50 one not too sure about the others

Good Morning all
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 6th Jan 18, 11:47 AM
    • 1,695 Posts
    • 28,277 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Yog shop from today

11 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    1x Muller Corner Banana Yogurt with Chocolate Flakes (135g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Toffee Yogurt with Chocolate Hoops (135g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Digestive Biscuits (135g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Strawberry Yogurt with White Chocolate Shortcake Balls (135g) 0.68 0.50
    3x Muller Rice Strawberry Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 2.04 1.50
    1x Muller Rice Original Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Balls (135g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Strawberry Yogurt (150g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Rice Vanilla Custard Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.50
    Comparison total (compared products only) 7.48 5.50
    • Classy_Chick06
    • By Classy_Chick06 6th Jan 18, 11:49 AM
    • 4,144 Posts
    • 63,349 Thanks
    Classy_Chick06
    Yog shop from today

11 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    1x Muller Corner Banana Yogurt with Chocolate Flakes (135g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Toffee Yogurt with Chocolate Hoops (135g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Digestive Biscuits (135g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Strawberry Yogurt with White Chocolate Shortcake Balls (135g) 0.68 0.50
    3x Muller Rice Strawberry Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 2.04 1.50
    1x Muller Rice Original Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Balls (135g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Strawberry Yogurt (150g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Rice Vanilla Custard Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.50
    Comparison total (compared products only) 7.48 5.50
    Originally posted by LANGO1966
    was this the xmas trigger used or the banana n eggs one? just wondering if the xmas one is still available in stores.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
    • Classy_Chick06
    • By Classy_Chick06 6th Jan 18, 11:51 AM
    • 4,144 Posts
    • 63,349 Thanks
    Classy_Chick06

thank you.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    yes, as far as i know, we can get 11 mixed and the xmas trigger or 11 of 1 and 1 of another, .... i am planning a muggle shop today but was hoping to buy mullers seperate v Sainbugs so was hoping to buy a mixture with less fillers but wanted to know if there is an alternative trigger in case the xmas one is unavailable.
    Originally posted by Classy_Chick06
    just to edit.... a quick search shows that this one is the same barcode as the xmas one so could also be used as an invisible trigger.

https://groceries.asda.com/product/corners/muller-corner-banana-yogurt-with-milk-chocolate-white-chocolate-coated-cereal-eggs/910000562188
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 6th Jan 18, 11:51 AM
    • 2,868 Posts
    • 38,181 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Doesnt the AP thing finish end of this month, or have I got that wrong?
    tia
    Originally posted by gocat
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 6th Jan 18, 11:53 AM
    • 2,868 Posts
    • 38,181 Thanks
    pacifica9
    For those looking for a new Droid phone, this may be the best deal at the moment (please post if a better deal found):

Sim Free Alcatel U5 4G Mobile Phone - Black / Grey
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7348105

Argos have this at 64.99 on offer. Note this specific U5 4g, the cheaper/other version does not have NFC, this one mentions it in the spec on Argos site.

If you go through VC today they are offering 10 Argos voucher back on a 50 spend. This makes it effectively 54.99.

Not as good as the A3 deal in November/December but I cannot see better at the moment?

Note this is not a recommendation, I have no knowledge of the phone I was just seeing what the cheapest nfc phone was I could find.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Thanks Anon. Seen any good deals for non-NFC which would then allow new set up and transfer to current phone which already has NFC? Please and thanks.
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 6th Jan 18, 12:03 PM
    • 2,576 Posts
    • 7,413 Thanks
    pepper77
    I've done a muller shop, I quite like them but the cartons are quite deep, my tongue only just reaches the bottom.
    Sammy Woodhouse day?

Kriss Donald day?

• Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 6th Jan 18, 12:06 PM
    • 16,103 Posts
    • 193,917 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Wow thats great news.
    I know how you are feeling as my DSis has been trying for a baby for the last few years and unfortunately had 6 miscarriages. She had numerous tests and they couldnt find anything wrong. She is now 6 months pregnant and all going well so far. I have been passing on the baby bargains posted on here and the other sites. So exciting

Morning all
    Originally posted by gocat
    That is lovely news x
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 6th Jan 18, 12:08 PM
    • 16,103 Posts
    • 193,917 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I've done a muller shop, I quite like them but the cartons are quite deep, my tongue only just reaches the bottom.
    Originally posted by pepper77
    Just think how much exercise and how long you will manage to stretch your tongue!

For some strange reason I am only able to quote one comment at a time - nothing is getting pulled through

• shirley999
    • By shirley999 6th Jan 18, 12:28 PM
    • 1,841 Posts
    • 14,995 Thanks
    shirley999
    If anyone is buying 11+1 mullers and looking for fillers v Sains, it's not easy! However, I found that Nakd bars in 3 flavours: - lemon drizzle, peanut delight and cocoa coconut work out free after APG if you buy all 3 and claim 60% back on on shopmium. If you're not already using the shopmium app you would get something else free as well if you join via a referral link. If you can be bothered searching mine is on the referrers board - Link - but you will likely find other familiar names on there as well. I joined 22-4-16 and I have had loads of free stuff, I really can recommend it.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Jan 18, 1:03 PM
    • 12,903 Posts
    • 145,849 Thanks
    Anon
    Thanks Anon. Seen any good deals for non-NFC which would then allow new set up and transfer to current phone which already has NFC? Please and thanks.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    I had a quick look at this - potentially Alcatel Pixi 4 direct from O2 website with Classic PAYG sim - 19.99, no top up required on the SIM at the buying stage, but you could do the Amazon 5/10 top up offer if the right SIM pack comes through with the phone. The phone is 19.99 but then trade in seems to be higher at CEX or eBay. Refurbished are 9.99 but out of stock .

2% Cashback on Q/TCB unless anyone can spot a better option?

S and others may have clearance phones too? The key is Android 4.4 Kitkat or higher operating system for Android Pay to work.

HTH

Anon
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

117Posts Today

2,021Users online

Martin's Twitter