Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,475Posts
    • 36,789Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 682
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 4th Jan 18, 6:25 PM
    • 2,584 Posts
    • 30,156 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    WARNING

We have had trouble with AP..eventually we had all codes etc though and we were up and running, so we thought, but in 2 supermarkets the contactless ap wouldn't work...
    As soon as you touched the image of the card a pop up came up called SPENDLYTICS it has the same red logo at Santander bank, it asks you to open, which then takes you thru to google playstore to then download and open...it then asks for your log in id...this login is the gateway to your personal online bank

We have rung Santander who have now blocked and suspended our account due to this being a potential scam that they hadn't heard off.
    it may legit but ???
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 4th Jan 18, 6:35 PM
    • 2,864 Posts
    • 38,153 Thanks
    pacifica9
    WARNING

We have had trouble with AP..eventually we had all codes etc though and we were up and running, so we thought, but in 2 supermarkets the contactless ap wouldn't work...
    As soon as you touched the image of the card a pop up came up called SPENDLYTICS it has the same red logo at Santander bank, it asks you to open, which then takes you thru to google playstore to then download and open...it then asks for your log in id...this login is the gateway to your personal online bank

We have rung Santander who have now blocked and suspended our account due to this being a potential scam that they hadn't heard off.
    it may legit but ???
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    Tapping you card shows you the transactions you have made when you tap the image of your card. However, you dfo not need to tap your card, or even have AP open. As long as your phone screen is unlocked it will work. HTH.

Underneath your list of transactions is a link to Spendlytics install. Yoyu do not need to do anything with this.

I have used 2 x Santander cards previously with no probs.
    Last edited by pacifica9; 04-01-2018 at 6:39 PM.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Anon
    • By Anon 4th Jan 18, 6:36 PM
    • 12,894 Posts
    • 145,777 Thanks
    Anon
    WARNING

it may legit but ???
    Odd that they don't know about it as it is on their website - it must be specific to using a Santander card (so I will avoid that one, thank you ).

https://www.santander.co.uk/uk/help-support/spendlytics

HTH

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 4th Jan 18, 6:40 PM
    • 12,894 Posts
    • 145,777 Thanks
    Anon
    DH finally got ap on new phone, all ok but just gone to ss in s and cant do contactless, any ideas?
    Double check that the back is pushed on properly - I had this issue after I had put the SIM in. Put a little pressure on the back cover where the NFC chip is and ensure it is clicks into place. It may not be this, but I have had it happen a few times when flicking between SIMS etc.

HTH

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 4th Jan 18, 6:41 PM
    • 12,894 Posts
    • 145,777 Thanks
    Anon
    Who is our expert on android pay Do we know ?
    Originally posted by emerald21
    A number of the Elite are becoming knowledgeable (mainly through trial and error ).

Anon
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 4th Jan 18, 6:47 PM
    • 2,864 Posts
    • 38,153 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Thanks

So with the ATM can you tap, open, tap again and open again or do you need to leave 60 seconds between openings?

My experience with purchase taps is with the visa envelopes you can open as soon as you get them but with the hsbc ones you need to leave 60s or you get the 'can't open another envelope at this time message.

I guess it might even be you could tap 10 times in a row and receive 10 envelope sand then open them later at 0s intervals - does this work?
    Originally posted by michaels
    Didn't try this today but have found a contactless ATM near work so may try ten in a row in the morning.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • cloz
    • By cloz 4th Jan 18, 6:49 PM
    • 303 Posts
    • 2,851 Thanks
    cloz
    You also need to know if the flat's lease allows you to let the property - some don't. Never assume that the previous owner checked this out.

Also check the type of tenancy the current tenant is on, you don't want to acquire a regulated tenancy.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    Thank you for your reply, another thing to add to the list of things to check out
    Chocolate always makes me feel better!
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 4th Jan 18, 7:06 PM
    • 10,078 Posts
    • 116,107 Thanks
    emerald21
    Thanks

So with the ATM can you tap, open, tap again and open again or do you need to leave 60 seconds between openings?

My experience with purchase taps is with the visa envelopes you can open as soon as you get them but with the hsbc ones you need to leave 60s or you get the 'can't open another envelope at this time message.

I guess it might even be you could tap 10 times in a row and receive 10 envelope sand then open them later at 0s intervals - does this work?
    Originally posted by michaels
    Depends if there are any nosy folks waiting behind you lol
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Jan 18, 7:09 PM
    • 51,998 Posts
    • 622,006 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Not caught up again
    Have i missed anything glitchy/coupons please
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 3 lb
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 4th Jan 18, 7:25 PM
    • 10,078 Posts
    • 116,107 Thanks
    emerald21
    A number of the Elite are becoming knowledgeable (mainly through trial and error ).

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Yes I know lol
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 4th Jan 18, 7:30 PM
    • 2,800 Posts
    • 31,669 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good evening......Hope all is well with you all and you have had good days....

I succumbed and did a bisquit shop this evening...Results in an hour....

Good news too....Son had a second interview today following on from the first one he had on Tuesday.....He has done well again and now progresses to a final interview with the CEO of the company.....Very pleased for him....Proud dad

He also has a few online tests to do too....Never knew getting a job was so long winded...A long time since I had a job interview....
    29 Mouses

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Jan 18, 7:36 PM
    • 51,998 Posts
    • 622,006 Thanks
    bubbs

Good news too....Son had a second interview today following on from the first one he had on Tuesday.....He has done well again and now progresses to a final interview with the CEO of the company.....Very pleased for him....Proud dad

He also has a few online tests to do too....Never knew getting a job was so long winded...A long time since I had a job interview....
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    So you should be proud well done him
    I did a yog shop today , opened the car door and the wind caught the receipt chased across the car park but it was gone, so thought sod it!
    Anyhow wind died down and it sat there (i was waiting for hubby yo finish work) so i managed to get it
    Looks at it it wasnt mine was a womble dont know where it came from gave me 2.33 but was from xmas week so no good posting, but need to check yog one
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 4th Jan 18, 7:37 PM
    • 6,698 Posts
    • 90,550 Thanks
    Sarahdol75

Fingers crossed for him
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

835.4 miles 21.05.18
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 4th Jan 18, 7:38 PM
    • 3,918 Posts
    • 54,291 Thanks
    mrsmac10

Quite rightly so. Well done to young Mr Marmite
    Retired
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 4th Jan 18, 7:38 PM
    • 2,800 Posts
    • 31,669 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    I did a yog shop today , opened the car door and the wind caught the receipt chased across the car park but it was gone, so thought sod it!
    Anyhow wind died down and it sat there (i was waiting for hubby yo finish work) so i managed to get it
    Looks at it it wasnt mine was a womble dont know where it came from gave me 2.33 but was from xmas week so no good posting, but need to check yog one
    Originally posted by bubbs
    ..It could only happen to you bubbles...
    29 Mouses

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Jan 18, 7:39 PM
    • 51,998 Posts
    • 622,006 Thanks
    bubbs
    Yayyy it worked , met ILTS so got the trigger
    0.09x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.07 0.09
    6x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) 4.08 3.00
    0.37x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.28 N/A
    0.12x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.09 0.09
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Cherry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.50
    0.03x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.02 0.01
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.50
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Cucumber (each) 0.50 0.50
    2x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) 1.36 1.00
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Raspberry & Cranberry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.50
    Comparison total (compared products only) 8.16 6.19
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 4th Jan 18, 7:40 PM
    • 2,800 Posts
    • 31,669 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Fingers crossed for him
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    Quite rightly so. Well done to young Mr Marmite
    Originally posted by mrsmac10

Thank you....
    29 Mouses

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Jan 18, 7:41 PM
    • 51,998 Posts
    • 622,006 Thanks
    bubbs
    ..It could only happen to you bubbles...
    I know i thought more than sod it when it flew off
    these good v s
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Seedless Green Grapes (500g) 1.65 1.60
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 4th Jan 18, 7:49 PM
    • 14,791 Posts
    • 237,012 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Gj acceded my claim on the small cucumber in waitrose if you need help getting to 10
    Also helps now the coffee has gone up 10p
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 4th Jan 18, 7:51 PM
    • 14,791 Posts
    • 237,012 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Yayyy it worked , met ILTS so got the trigger
    0.09x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.07 0.09
    6x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) 4.08 3.00
    0.37x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.28 N/A
    0.12x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.09 0.09
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Cherry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.50
    0.03x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.02 0.01
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.50
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Cucumber (each) 0.50 0.50
    2x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) 1.36 1.00
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Raspberry & Cranberry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.50
    Comparison total (compared products only) 8.16 6.19
    Which trigger please
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

168Posts Today

1,709Users online

Martin's Twitter