Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,442Posts
    • 36,750Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 354
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 5th Dec 17, 7:50 PM
    • 26,256 Posts
    • 318,742 Thanks
    davemorton
    Has anyone seen Reids of Caithness biscuits in Adsa please? It says on their website that they are stocked in Adsa, but when I look on the Adsa website and MSM, they cant be found, so might just be North of the land. TIA
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • nettiebobs
    • By nettiebobs 5th Dec 17, 7:51 PM
    • 225 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    nettiebobs
    [QUOTE=bubbs;73518293]Noooooooooooooo dont unless you are in Scotland
    Ahhh.....thanks for that. I shall participate in the mullers again I think. There is always some friend/family that loves a gift.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 5th Dec 17, 7:57 PM
    • 26,256 Posts
    • 318,742 Thanks
    davemorton
    If I could be harrised, I would go get 3 of the l'oreal mens gift sets, just for the deodorant for myself. Might go tomorrow if I get a chance. Am I right in thinking they would give about a 15 APG, or would it be ten? TIA
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 5th Dec 17, 8:08 PM
    • 1,297 Posts
    • 17,075 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Evening elite, I was accepted onto the Argos testers panel but have never received an email!!!128549;
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Dec 17, 8:11 PM
    • 20,204 Posts
    • 264,192 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Has anyone seen Reids of Caithness biscuits in Adsa please? It says on their website that they are stocked in Adsa, but when I look on the Adsa website and MSM, they cant be found, so might just be North of the land. TIA
    Originally posted by davemorton
    My first thought was I suspect they would come up on a.com and msm if you were in Scotland (or if your location was identified to the websites as being Scotland whether or not it actually was).

However - don't get excited as it comes back "unavailable" (for me anyway) - I have found some on msm. What do you (or others) see here?

https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Biscuits/Reids_of_Caithness_Oat_Biscuits_150g.html

https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Biscuits/Reids_of_Caithness_Oat_And_Honey_Biscuits_250g.htm l

(Second link is not posting correctly and has an error I can't resolve - you'll need to delete the space in "htm l" at the end of the link URL - when I go to edit this post, the space is not there for me to delete, so I can't delete it!)

They are showing "Unavailable" for me and have been "Unavailable" in every store on msm for so long, at least in my region, that, if they are like that for you, you won't find them if you search for them on msm, unless perhaps your search is really specific, but you can find them from outside of the site by using Google and putting the product name and mysupermarket into the search box. I use this trick for searching for products at M that have (or may have, due to me seeing only other items in the same range) gone onto RTC in the store but are "no longer" on msm (except they are) as they have dropped off m.com. They do it seems remain there in the background, but searches on the site no longer bring them up - unless sometimes you are really specific and there is no other item that falls within the parameters of your search on msm. Need to be checking outside of the site to find what's on it and using caches.

No answer to your query unfortunately - you wanted to buy them in A but they are, as you think, probably only available in certain regions - I may be seeing them at all, but as "Unavailable" because, to be there at all, they would have to have been online at some point but are no longer available in my region or they could be appearing as "Unavailable" because they went onto, or have gone onto, cheap RTC in the stores and are no longer available on a.com.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 5th Dec 17, 8:14 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 34,033 Thanks
    pippo
    Still not caught up - 45 mins on hold to Debenhams to process a refund, caustic email sent!!
    A's B&H shop says not 8 items .. is that just me? If it is they are going back tomorrow!! (Then I'll buy them again with extras!). I bought 2 types of B&H 5 different choc bars, parsnips and popcorn.
    And only got a prize draw ticket for my droid payment.
    • nettiebobs
    • By nettiebobs 5th Dec 17, 8:15 PM
    • 225 Posts
    • 2,380 Thanks
    nettiebobs
    Offer for Bubbs and Co. from hukd

Free hot drink & mince pie (for senior citizens) - Morrisons (between 2:30pm and 5pm)

Thanks for posting this information. Mother and father participated in relieving Morribobs of two brews and mince pies this afternoon.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 8:16 PM
    • 51,742 Posts
    • 620,353 Thanks
    bubbs
    If I could be harrised, I would go get 3 of the l'oreal mens gift sets, just for the deodorant for myself. Might go tomorrow if I get a chance. Am I right in thinking they would give about a 15 APG, or would it be ten? TIA
    Read man!!! they are only working in Scotland!
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :5 st 4 1/2 lb
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 5th Dec 17, 8:17 PM
    • 26,256 Posts
    • 318,742 Thanks
    davemorton
    My first thought was I suspect they would come up on a.com and msm if you were in Scotland (or if your location was identified to the websites as being Scotland whether or not it actually was).

However - don't get excited as it comes back "unavailable" (for me anyway) - I have found some on msm. What do you (or others) see here?

https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Biscuits/Reids_of_Caithness_Oat_Biscuits_150g.html

https://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Biscuits/Reids_of_Caithness_Oat_And_Honey_Biscuits_250g.htm l

(Second link is not posting correctly and has an error I can't resolve - you'll need to delete the space in "htm l" at the end of the link URL - when I go to edit this post, the space is not there for me to delete, so I can't delete it!)

They are showing "Unavailable" for me and have been "Unavailable" in every store on msm for so long, at least in my region, that, if they are like that for you, you won't find them if you search for them on msm, unless perhaps your search is really specific, but you can find them from outside of the site by using Google and putting the product name and mysupermarket into the search box. I use this trick for searching for products at M that have (or may have, due to me seeing only other items in the same range) gone onto RTC in the store but are "no longer" on msm (except they are) as they have dropped off m.com. They do it seems remain there in the background, but searches on the site no longer bring them up - unless sometimes you are really specific and there is no other item that falls within the parameters of your search on msm. Need to be checking outside of the site to find what's on it and using caches.

No answer to your query unfortunately - you wanted to buy them in A but they are, as you think, probably only available in certain regions - I may be seeing them at all, but as "Unavailable" because, to be there at all, they would have to have been online at some point but are no longer available in my region or they could be appearing as "Unavailable" because they went onto, or have gone onto, cheap RTC in the stores and are no longer available on a.com.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Yip, I get a 'Unavailable in ASDA' too. Thanks for trying Savvy.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 8:17 PM
    • 51,742 Posts
    • 620,353 Thanks
    bubbs
    Still not caught up - 45 mins on hold to Debenhams to process a refund, caustic email sent!!
    A's B&H shop says not 8 items .. is that just me? If it is they are going back tomorrow!! (Then I'll buy them again with extras!). I bought 2 types of B&H 5 different choc bars, parsnips and popcorn.
    Originally posted by pippo
    Did you get trigger choc?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 8:19 PM
    • 51,742 Posts
    • 620,353 Thanks
    bubbs
    From darkside

Taylor!!!8217;s Select reserve Port 75cl - 5.60 instore @ Co-Op
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Dec 17, 8:20 PM
    • 20,204 Posts
    • 264,192 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Yip, I get a 'Unavailable in ASDA' too. Thanks for trying Savvy.
    The "Unavailable" could mean they are available in A on cheap RTC nationwide. Most likely they are not though - they may be appearing, with pricing for A, in other regions or, if they ever went onto RTC (unlikely), they have sold out from many places. I don't suspect the "Unavailable" is very recent - it's probably been there for ages (for you and me) but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to tell.

EDIT: No - just checked the caches: unavailable on 17th and 30th November. 30th still quite recent though? But, as for 17th, unless they are on RTC somewhere after nearly three weeks...? But, you know how it is with M and similar could apply to A or any supermarket chain - items on RTC can appear six and twelve months later in some other stores. In practice, you have what you have available to you in your stores at the times you visit them. They could just appear anywhere at any time. Probably not on RTC though - except for any store specific damaged or short date pack that may be anywhere in the UK at any time.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 05-12-2017 at 8:33 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705-708 inclusive; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 708 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 5th Dec 17, 8:20 PM
    • 26,256 Posts
    • 318,742 Thanks
    davemorton
    Thanks for posting this information. Mother and father participated in relieving Morribobs of two brews and mince pies this afternoon.
    Originally posted by nettiebobs
    If only all posters were as nice as you on here Nettie...speaking o which.....
    Read man!!! they are only working in Scotland!
    Originally posted by bubbs
    You read woman! I am in Scotland, if you read what I post now and again!! Grrrrr
    Naw, Im not really
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 8:24 PM
    • 51,742 Posts
    • 620,353 Thanks
    bubbs
    If only all posters were as nice as you on here Nettie...speaking o which.....

You read woman! I am in Scotland, if you read what I post now and again!! Grrrrr
    Naw, Im not really
    Thought you were in dur......um..........dur......um
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr you got me again!
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • michaels
    • By michaels 5th Dec 17, 8:29 PM
    • 20,698 Posts
    • 95,794 Thanks
    michaels
    Evening elite, I was accepted onto the Argos testers panel but have never received an email!!!128549;
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    Just had a look but says program is full from google link

Had about 5 empty hsbc envelopes, and 3 you can not do any more envelopes now and one costa 3 plus a greggs 3 and an m&s 3 - where have all the big prizes gone?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 5th Dec 17, 8:29 PM
    • 26,256 Posts
    • 318,742 Thanks
    davemorton
    Thought you were in dur......um..........dur......um
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr you got me again!
    Originally posted by bubbs
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 5th Dec 17, 8:30 PM
    • 34,552 Posts
    • 481,174 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Well I!!!8217;ve made a start with the small shops

So far I!!!8217;ve done

2 Royal Canin cat food shops
    2 chicken shops from a butcher in Durham
    2 gift shop shops from !!!!!!!.....you must visit DM.....there!!!8217;s stuff for your gin hamper.
    Gin Soap
    Gin bath fizz
    Gin bath salts etc

All about 5 each but beautifully packaged

I also popped in a local pharmacy who had signs up all over the place saying they were as cheap as Tesco and maybe so but there was no point me buying more shower gel etc and I didn!!!8217;t see much else.

Nigella is getting on my nerves
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 5th Dec 17, 8:31 PM
    • 26,256 Posts
    • 318,742 Thanks
    davemorton
    Well Ive made a start with the small shops

So far Ive done

2 Royal Canin cat food shops
    2 chicken shops from a butcher in Durham
    2 gift shop shops from !!!!!!!.....you must visit DM.....theres stuff for your gin hamper.
    Gin Soap
    Gin bath fizz
    Gin bath salts etc

All about 5 each but beautifully packaged

I also popped in a local pharmacy who had signs up all over the place saying they were as cheap as Tesco and maybe so but there was no point me buying more shower gel etc and I didnt see much else.

Nigella is getting on my nerves
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Come on, spell it out
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 5th Dec 17, 8:34 PM
    • 34,552 Posts
    • 481,174 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Havent a clue why its banned

M u g w u m p.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 5th Dec 17, 8:41 PM
    • 2,616 Posts
    • 42,925 Thanks
    izzy65
    Originally posted by pippo
    If you bought the trigger it doesn't count, got caught out too

Originally posted by josie_ann57
    Nor me!!!128546;
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

74Posts Today

1,848Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin