Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,783Posts
    • 37,517Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2712
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Nov 18, 11:52 AM
    • 13,522 Posts
    • 151,059 Thanks
    Anon
    Morning. Does anyone know if I doubled up my nectar points online would they arrive before 18/11? TIA
    Originally posted by russetred
    I wouldn't risk it - it is simple enough to go to customer services when you are instore (go from Monday and you can buy and spend on the same day ).

HTH

Anon
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 10th Nov 18, 11:57 AM
    • 15,103 Posts
    • 239,719 Thanks
    zippydooda
    18th November is the last day to use them I think
    Originally posted by sirbaksiu
    yes, but you can forward book if a film is listed.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Nov 18, 12:03 PM
    • 26,913 Posts
    • 323,372 Thanks
    davemorton
    Morning. Does anyone know if I doubled up my nectar points online would they arrive before 18/11? TIA
    Originally posted by russetred
    Why not just do them in store?

Am I missing something, I cant understand why people are doing it online when you can do it in store? I like to have the stuff in my trolley before I exchange.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 10th Nov 18, 12:17 PM
    • 3,074 Posts
    • 39,888 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good morning shopmates

So pleased to read your news HG

Unfortunately I fell out of bed during the night, hitting the right side of my face and head on the bedside table. Despite using a bag of frozen peas (well they were petit pois to be exact) - I have heavy swelling and bruising. Cant see at all out of my right ear

Hope everyone else has a better start to the day than me
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    Sorry to hear this JTS. If it's any consolation, I can't see out of my right ear either.

Why not just do them in store?

Am I missing something, I cant understand why people are doing it online when you can do it in store? I like to have the stuff in my trolley before I exchange.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I agree. Don't want to be stuck with vouchers if everything has disappeared from the shelves.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 10th Nov 18, 12:37 PM
    • 5,484 Posts
    • 96,222 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Afternoon peeps.

Thanks to the OP about the toilet rolls. Went the other day and nothing. Went last night and remembered to look up 20 packs.

Just been down today and there was another 20 packs.

Although, walking a mile back home with 20 packs and other shopping was a bit of a pain in the arris.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Nov 18, 12:40 PM
    • 26,913 Posts
    • 323,372 Thanks
    davemorton
    Afternoon peeps.

Thanks to the OP about the toilet rolls. Went the other day and nothing. Went last night and remembered to look up 20 packs.

Just been down today and there was another 20 packs.

Although, walking a mile back home with 20 packs and other shopping was a bit of a pain in the arris.
    Originally posted by scamps1966
    A clean arris though
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Nov 18, 1:02 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    I'm not sure whether to be or

I (sometimes) prefer late deliveries. Means I can watch Jezza for free for another year. Also Amazon Prime have gained some live Premier League matches for next year so look forward to that freebie too.

Morning everyone.
    Originally posted by karlie88
    I am being cynical but I sometimes wonder as the companies concerned have your cash already at the point of ordering then they dont actually have items but they have to wait for orders to come in before ordering and finally dispatch - ie your cash is helping their cash flow and then if they cant get the items a week or so later they finally cancelled.
    If they do this on a few thousand orders a week it means they can pay their supplies and they get a free loan!
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 10th Nov 18, 1:08 PM
    • 4,884 Posts
    • 94,190 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Tesco again.

Thanks to a post on Extreme, found the Plenty handy wipes pack (75) in a superstore SEL 1.50 but scanning at 75p.

Decided to leave them as being didn't think they were worth 75p

I expected them to be bigger

I can't find them on mysupermarket, but here is a picture from Morries website

Several designs available

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Plenty-Handy-Towels-75-Sheets/434530011

Last edited by izzeyb; 10-11-2018 at 3:02 PM.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 10th Nov 18, 1:33 PM
    • 2,605 Posts
    • 30,950 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    O3 Sims
    For those who have Pwiority Momints through a SIM with credit, remember it has to make a chargeable call every 6 months to ensure it stays alive. Clause 7.1 https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/on-pay-and-go-our-service-terms-are-worth-a-read
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Nov 18, 2:04 PM
    • 13,522 Posts
    • 151,059 Thanks
    Anon
    For those who have Pwiority Momints through a SIM with credit, remember it has to make a chargeable call every 6 months to ensure it stays alive. Clause 7.1 https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/on-pay-and-go-our-service-terms-are-worth-a-read
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    A good reminder - I did ours last weekend (nowhere near 6 months but getting ahead of the game ).

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Nov 18, 2:09 PM
    • 13,522 Posts
    • 151,059 Thanks
    Anon
    You probably knew this already. PayPal offer a Returns on Us service - basically they will refund return costs of up to 12 items per year for up to 15 each time.

You need to OPT IN to take advantage - why, I do not know as who would say no? It is under Offers. I have an item to return, bought before I activated it - but I can see no explicit mention of it only applying to transactions after activation? T&Cs:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns/general-conditions

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 10-11-2018 at 2:19 PM.
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 10th Nov 18, 2:14 PM
    • 572 Posts
    • 4,953 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Afternoon! It's so showery here today so it's an indoor DIY kind of day, there's always so much to do. I did pop out for a 10 mile run and only got caught in one very heavy shower. Whilst out on my run I came round a corner to be faced with a big stag just stood in the middle of the road, beautiful! The leaves are stunning at the moment too :-).
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 10th Nov 18, 2:28 PM
    • 712 Posts
    • 32,022 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    You probably knew this already. PayPal offer a Returns on Us service - basically they will refund return costs of up to 12 items per year for up to 15 each time.

You need to OPT IN to take advantage - why, I do not know as who would say no? It is under Offers. I have an item to return, bought before I activated it - but I can see no explicit mention of it only applying to transactions after activation? T&Cs:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns/general-conditions

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Sounds good but says
    'We can refund up to 15 of return shipping costs for up to 12 eligible PayPal purchases worldwide until 31 December 2017.*'
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Nov 18, 2:54 PM
    • 13,522 Posts
    • 151,059 Thanks
    Anon
    Sounds good but says
    'We can refund up to 15 of return shipping costs for up to 12 eligible PayPal purchases worldwide until 31 December 2017.*'
    Originally posted by pandoraskids
    The date is an error - emails came out again in the last week or so and it is under Offers to opt in to. Nothing to lose if you were buying without returns protection anyway. Enable just in case.

Anon
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th Nov 18, 2:56 PM
    • 10,431 Posts
    • 118,621 Thanks
    emerald21
    I am being cynical but I sometimes wonder as the companies concerned have your cash already at the point of ordering then they dont actually have items but they have to wait for orders to come in before ordering and finally dispatch - ie your cash is helping their cash flow and then if they cant get the items a week or so later they finally cancelled.
    If they do this on a few thousand orders a week it means they can pay their supplies and they get a free loan!
    Originally posted by mhoc

Yes I agree.

Just measured a walnut whip , one in a 3 pack , one and a half inches high :eek no chance of getting fat on them nowadays , also minus the walnuts.
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 10th Nov 18, 3:06 PM
    • 712 Posts
    • 32,022 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    The date is an error - emails came out again in the last week or so and it is under Offers to opt in to. Nothing to lose if you were buying without returns protection anyway. Enable just in case.

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Thank you, have activated
    • michaels
    • By michaels 10th Nov 18, 3:29 PM
    • 21,582 Posts
    • 100,232 Thanks
    michaels
    Did the esso petrol:
    1) 130.9 per litre compared to 122.9 at A/T
    2) First mistake did not press the final 'pay by paypal' button before starting fuelling so first 10 had to be paid in kiosk.
    3) Second attempt and the app did not register that fuelling had finished - in the end I had to turn phone off and back on and saw that the transaction had taken place.
    Switched to second paypal account in app
    4) Set max amount to 10 to prevent the pennies ticking past and started fuelling, pump stopped at 7.59 and refused to pump any more.
    5) Put max back to 25 and pumped 10.02 and finally had 10 transactions for both paypal accounts.

What a palava. Now to see if I get the 5s back.

All this was after DD2s team collapsed after a hard fought match, 0-1 down with 15 mins to play and equal chances either end to 0-4 full time and back to the car to find because I had parked not in a marked bay (car park was full when I arrived with at least half a dozen cars using perfectly reasonable but unmarked spaces so I had just assumed it was acceptable) that I now need to pay a 35 parking ticket
    Cool heads and compromise
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 10th Nov 18, 3:29 PM
    • 712 Posts
    • 32,022 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Morning all!

Snap, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, my FIL had a similar diagnosis around the same time so I understand what you're going through. FIL had his voicebox removed fairly early on, in the hope that would stop it in its tracks, but it wasn't to be. In the end, he spent his last few months breathing wheezily through a hole in his neck, feeding only through a peg tube, communicating by mouthing and too weak to do much other than sleep. He told us if he had known what his life would be like after the operation, he would have rather have not had it done and had a few months of enjoying his remaining time with his family instead.

Wishing you strength for what lies ahead, you and your family are in my thoughts.
    Originally posted by Arthien
    This has been on my mind all day - It's a difficult one

My sister went through some pretty gruelling treatment & tried all sorts in a bid to try & beat it - but this was mainly for her family (She had a husband & 2 teenage sons). Many a time she contemplated stopping everything to concentrate on doing all the nice things she wanted to do. This was eventually decided for her when there was nothing more they could do but by this time she was too sick to achieve many of her dreams x
    Last edited by pandoraskids; 10-11-2018 at 3:34 PM.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Nov 18, 3:44 PM
    • 53,257 Posts
    • 630,915 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Nov 18, 4:29 PM
    • 20,415 Posts
    • 215,671 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Anyone had an email from Nectar online?

"Hi there,
    You've been given 500 bonus Nectar points as part of Sainsbury's Swipe and Win weekend. To claim your points, click the 'Claim your points' button below by 21 November 2018, and the points will be in your account by the 30 December*. "

Wish they would appear in the account a bit earlier, but a nice little extra
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,646Posts Today

6,557Users online

Martin's Twitter