Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,772Posts
    • 37,500Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2709
    • mattswife
    • By mattswife 9th Nov 18, 7:39 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 1,249 Thanks
    mattswife
    Dunno. My kids had it to a lesser degree over the last few weeks but was gone the next day. I’m run down and have ME so get everything worse. Will see how it goes. Have taken 174928261g of vit c so will see if that helps. Just feeling sorry for myself. Xxxx
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Nov 18, 7:50 PM
    • 53,199 Posts
    • 630,486 Thanks
    bubbs
    Dunno. My kids had it to a lesser degree over the last few weeks but was gone the next day. Im run down and have ME so get everything worse. Will see how it goes. Have taken 174928261g of vit c so will see if that helps. Just feeling sorry for myself. Xxxx
    Originally posted by mattswife
    Well hope it clears soon, but my hubby had an eye infection last week and had to have antibiotics to clear it . We had to ring 111, was a fantastic service
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Nov 18, 7:58 PM
    • 53,199 Posts
    • 630,486 Thanks
    bubbs
    Karlie, still not had my Amazon delivery
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • locarr
    • By locarr 9th Nov 18, 8:22 PM
    • 8,041 Posts
    • 141,306 Thanks
    locarr

then to M&S, I had a 2 off loyalty points voucher to go with my 10% off food sparks offer,

do we know about the 1/2 price/3rd off meat offers?

got 3 packs of 12% fat mince @ 1/2 price for 1.75 each, some whoopsied pork chops and toms 4.07 to pay

Originally posted by locarr

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/half-price-food-event-and-13-third-on-selected-products-marks-and-spencers-3098677
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 9th Nov 18, 8:24 PM
    • 553 Posts
    • 4,745 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Does everyone know that Aussie shampoos etc are on offer in Morrison's for 2 or in Superdrug for 2.07 - it was mentioned on the dark side last night

I expect though that everyone has enough shampoo to wash the hair of a small village for a lifetime

So I went into Superdrug today for a Aussie shampoo for coloured hair and presented it at the till alongside my blue NUS card which took 21p off.

I also had the SSM printed off 1.50 coupon for any Aussie

Final bill was 36p
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Thank you! I still have an SSM coupon so I'll have to go to Morrisons next week.
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 9th Nov 18, 8:56 PM
    • 16,921 Posts
    • 282,866 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    I logged onto my coop app to update which local cause I donate to only to realise I'm signed up to digital coupons.

It turns out I should be selecting 2 offers to load to my card eg 50p off milk, 50p off 4, etc

That explains why none have been printing out for a while

When the heck did I sign up to this and how did I forget ?!
    Originally posted by aau1
    I've been using this for a while - I think it's a trial that you'll have had to download via a test flight app. That's how I ended up with it anyway

It confuses the staff in my local co-op every time I swipe my card
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 9th Nov 18, 9:02 PM
    • 3,070 Posts
    • 39,847 Thanks
    pacifica9
    no coffee tonight...

I haven't time now as company tonight 88 year old MIL and partner, so G+T for me...
    would you like 1 pacifica or wait till dinner time for the wine?
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    Just been out for a lovely meal and a catch up with my brother. But I will partake of a drop of vino with you Hillbern. Thank you kindly.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Nov 18, 10:12 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    Karlie, still not had my Amazon delivery
    Originally posted by bubbs
    go via customer services and then 'where is my stuff' and then to the chat button - you need the order number.
    I am also missing an order due today - Going through chat later - Ive not had an email to say there was a delay.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 9th Nov 18, 11:02 PM
    • 21,567 Posts
    • 100,105 Thanks
    michaels
    Does anyone know - with Amex Gold membership points, is the exchange rate different for buying Amazon giftcards rather than account top up? I have 47k of points, which I would think is 235 top up but the Amazon site is only showing 212?

I need to cash out and cancel before renewal tomorrow .

Many thanks

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    1 - why didn't you stop once you had the 3 month 5% finished and thus about 24k points, close the gold and start with another new customer card 5% offer and also be able to be a new customer for the gold again sooner.

2 - surely the cash out is to your nectar account where they can then be doubled up to be worth 470 - not too late, takes about 3 days to transfer them out to nectar

I am now a little worried about you Anon....
    Cool heads and compromise
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 9th Nov 18, 11:13 PM
    • 26,880 Posts
    • 323,113 Thanks
    davemorton
    1 - why didn't you stop once you had the 3 month 5% finished and thus about 24k points, close the gold and start with another new customer card 5% offer and also be able to be a new customer for the gold again sooner.

2 - surely the cash out is to your nectar account where they can then be doubled up to be worth 470 - not too late, takes about 3 days to transfer them out to nectar

Originally posted by michaels
    Awww bless him. Although no point replying to him at the moment michaels, I think his internet has just been cut of and the children are rebelling!

Well I am VERY please with myself, (did not want to mention this earlier) I have just managed to avoid who won bake off for about 3 weeks and managed to watch the final on catchup without knowing the winner, makes it so much better. I fell behind when I went on my hols.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • michaels
    • By michaels 9th Nov 18, 11:32 PM
    • 21,567 Posts
    • 100,105 Thanks
    michaels
    Awww bless him. Although no point replying to him at the moment michaels, I think his internet has just been cut of and the children are rebelling!

Well I am VERY please with myself, (did not want to mention this earlier) I have just managed to avoid who won bake off for about 3 weeks and managed to watch the final on catchup without knowing the winner, makes it so much better. I fell behind when I went on my hols.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    3 weeks is seriously impressive, I guess the show is not quite as high profile as a couple of seasons ago when Nadia was all over our screens.

I am wasting money not switching broadband providers, I am just wondering if fiddling with affiliate links will let me get QC plus the cheaper monthly rate BT offer and higher value gift card and then of course pay 12 months up front to save another 12 quid and then hope for a get out of jail (contract) free price rise once the gift cards and cashback have been banked….

Alternative option is to see if a new switch to 1 month notice SSE from my name into DWs name would trigger the 150 new customer QC.
    Last edited by michaels; 09-11-2018 at 11:36 PM.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 10th Nov 18, 12:32 AM
    • 26,880 Posts
    • 323,113 Thanks
    davemorton
    www.applyforbakeoff.com for that purple donkey!!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Nov 18, 1:01 AM
    • 13,502 Posts
    • 150,749 Thanks
    Anon

Valid points - I planned to recommend Mrs Anon then switch at 6 months and keep flipping, but got busy . I like your idea of switching spend after 3 months, I will investigate more, thank you. I need to investigate other cards in the stable - we already both have N3ctar, but could close one of those (after Shop M ) then return in 6 months too for another bonus by flipping.

I had not spotted N3ctar was an option ... so thank you so much for highlighting this option , I have gone with that .

I have 1k of double up vouchers to spend next week (so far ... - four lots from the same store with the same card) so now need to think about what I will get - I should really have thought about that before cashing out . We could potentially get another 800 ish too ... more if theAm3x come through before the end of next week . As they will apparently pro rata the annual fee, I may keep it running for a month to hit Shop Sm then close (though we have six other cards to use and if 1stop are not included again this year then I am not that bothered ).

Many thanks

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 10-11-2018 at 1:27 AM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Nov 18, 1:04 AM
    • 13,502 Posts
    • 150,749 Thanks
    Anon
    3 weeks is seriously impressive, I guess the show is not quite as high profile as a couple of seasons ago when Nadia was all over our screens.

I am wasting money not switching broadband providers, I am just wondering if fiddling with affiliate links will let me get QC plus the cheaper monthly rate BT offer and higher value gift card and then of course pay 12 months up front to save another 12 quid and then hope for a get out of jail (contract) free price rise once the gift cards and cashback have been banked.

Alternative option is to see if a new switch to 1 month notice SSE from my name into DWs name would trigger the 150 new customer QC.
    When I was looking for a back up, there is a TalkT offer on hukd - friends and family 19.95 for 18 months but you can (with a little effort on the url ) get Q Cashback too. This probably wouldn't meet your requirements though as they guarantee the price won't change during your contract.

HTH

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Nov 18, 1:06 AM
    • 13,502 Posts
    • 150,749 Thanks
    Anon

Originally posted by davemorton
    No, my battery was flat . Internet saved with one day to spare .

Anon
    • tweets
    • By tweets 10th Nov 18, 4:09 AM
    • 30,446 Posts
    • 433,078 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 10th Nov 18, 5:38 AM
    • 694 Posts
    • 31,612 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Got these at T yesterday, 50p MOC for Branston on the front

Willow Farms Chicken Thighs 750g 1.24
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 10th Nov 18, 5:40 AM
    • 694 Posts
    • 31,612 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    Morning Tweets, you're up early
    • pandoraskids
    • By pandoraskids 10th Nov 18, 5:45 AM
    • 694 Posts
    • 31,612 Thanks
    pandoraskids
    https://www.quidco.com/guess-2-win-november-2018/

Today's answers

Talktalk
    Topshop

Nothing for me AGAIN, only won 20p all week
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Nov 18, 6:27 AM
    • 36,602 Posts
    • 497,177 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I ventured in last night but unfortunately my nearest stores had no stock . I will no doubt be going again .

Has anyone else noticed that A has rarely been mentioned in the past few weeks? Not even a normal deal to go for. . Sad times.

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I don't even like going into A now I have giftcards to spend and once I work my way through them I probably won't visit very often at all. It seems a bit rude really considering how kind they have been to me.

However I have bumped into elaine twice......both times in T
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

173Posts Today

1,448Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin