Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,772Posts
    • 37,500Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2707
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 9th Nov 18, 2:20 PM
    • 10,424 Posts
    • 118,560 Thanks
    emerald21
    After a further three mammograms plus an ultrasound this morning, the verdict was that I have a tiny (3mm) cyst. No further investigation required. Relief doesn't even begin to describe it. It's been a long two weeks but I'm so grateful that the NHS was able to identify and investigate something so tiny.
    Thank you all for your kind thoughts and good wishes xx
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    Good news hornetgirl
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 9th Nov 18, 2:26 PM
    • 553 Posts
    • 4,744 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Thanks, CS too At least you get back more than you pay with Quidco cashout bonuses!
    Originally posted by shirley999

It's on GJ too! You can use the same receipt as for COS or CS. Unless you just want more chai of course ;-). I've been making porridge with it recently, delish!
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Nov 18, 2:30 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    After a further three mammograms plus an ultrasound this morning, the verdict was that I have a tiny (3mm) cyst. No further investigation required. Relief doesn't even begin to describe it. It's been a long two weeks but I'm so grateful that the NHS was able to identify and investigate something so tiny.
    Thank you all for your kind thoughts and good wishes xx
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    such a relief - I cant even begin to imagine the stress you must have been under, I would have been a blithering mess.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Nov 18, 2:33 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    I need to go to Waitroses for magazines before they all vanish but I cant see anything on COS, Q, TCB or GJ I actually need or want to buy or is sufficiently cheap enough ...
    The cordials we usually buy are not on offer and I've no suitable MOCS
    Has anyone any suggestions pretty please?
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Nov 18, 2:42 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    Snap, I'm so sorry to hear this news.

Quidco - 10p + PDE. I may be up to 1.50 now.

I noticed that there is also a 2.50 bonus offer wys 2.50 today.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    There is also a 5 TCB one but its only for certain accounts - none of mine sadly. Possibly its dormant accounts and I've used mine recently for the 2.50 chocs.
    For Q I think I am just going to get a cheap bra with the spare sparks and Q (as I have no need of nipple tassels ) and tights with my sparks as I have a 20%
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Nov 18, 2:45 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    Well that was easier than I thought. Wyevale had these huge cyclamen plants for 6 so after the fiver voucher these were 1 each in real money. They seem very tough and I have white pot plants to put them in - very happy with these

Another email in from Wyevale garden centers with another 5 print off voucher - no minimum spend but not valid in the concessions.

This time though the email has come to two different emails so quite legitimately OH can also choose something - the barcodes are exactly the same.
    So if you have more than one card print off the email coupon for everyone

Last time we went there was virtually nothing in the under 10 price category. I think you could get an African violet plant or a piece of slate - I went for a 6 mug and paid 1.
    The chocolate section seemed to have versions of what Home Bargains sells periodically

My card is missing so I just had to give my postcode and number at the till
    Originally posted by mhoc
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Nov 18, 2:59 PM
    • 53,199 Posts
    • 630,480 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Snap, so so sorry to read your sad news, love and hugs xxx
    HG, so pleased to read yours
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 9th Nov 18, 4:04 PM
    • 7,424 Posts
    • 61,085 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    I didn’t know Sainsbury’s were branching out into the adult market!
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/7700722/sainsburys-sex-toys-vibrators-tested-review/
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • mattswife
    • By mattswife 9th Nov 18, 5:01 PM
    • 148 Posts
    • 1,249 Thanks
    mattswife
    So sorry snap massive hugs

Hornet - w00t!

no loo rolls, thats all mine with none.

PDEs today again

got the 2.50 back on the razor on shoppy and used that to pay half of an order on MM for some books on buy 2 get 2 free and free delivery through Q for the bonus so essentially all free.

coke arrived yesterday, its lovely!

i have bogies coming out my eyes.

DD has "Bargain" as one of her spelling this week, that made me happy lol

love to all and hugs a plenty xxx
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 9th Nov 18, 5:12 PM
    • 3,070 Posts
    • 39,844 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so. (((Snap))).
    HG - great news.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 9th Nov 18, 5:13 PM
    • 53,199 Posts
    • 630,480 Thanks
    bubbs
    I didnt know Sainsburys were branching out into the adult market!
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/7700722/sainsburys-sex-toys-vibrators-tested-review/
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Are they on double up?
    So sorry snap massive hugs

Hornet - w00t!

no loo rolls, thats all mine with none.

PDEs today again

got the 2.50 back on the razor on shoppy and used that to pay half of an order on MM for some books on buy 2 get 2 free and free delivery through Q for the bonus so essentially all free.

coke arrived yesterday, its lovely!

i have bogies coming out my eyes.

DD has "Bargain" as one of her spelling this week, that made me happy lol

love to all and hugs a plenty xxx
    Originally posted by mattswife
    Bogies out of your eyes?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • karlie88
    • By karlie88 9th Nov 18, 5:19 PM
    • 8,647 Posts
    • 107,308 Thanks
    karlie88
    Bit of a niche deal but there's a big glitch on airline fares:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/glitch-on-worldwide-airfares-eg-london-to-new-york-29-pp-singapore-39pp-perth-72-pp-min-booking-of-9-people-opodo-edreams-3100259
    Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 9th Nov 18, 5:29 PM
    • 2,796 Posts
    • 31,937 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so. (((Snap))).
    HG - great news.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    no coffee tonight...

I haven't time now as company tonight 88 year old MIL and partner, so G+T for me...
    would you like 1 pacifica or wait till dinner time for the wine?
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 9th Nov 18, 5:31 PM
    • 2,796 Posts
    • 31,937 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Thanks for the ideas with aubergines

I ended up with a moussaka I found some lamb mince buried in the freezer
    • michaels
    • By michaels 9th Nov 18, 5:42 PM
    • 21,567 Posts
    • 100,104 Thanks
    michaels
    I need to go to Waitroses for magazines before they all vanish but I cant see anything on COS, Q, TCB or GJ I actually need or want to buy or is sufficiently cheap enough ...
    The cordials we usually buy are not on offer and I've no suitable MOCS
    Has anyone any suggestions pretty please?
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Be interested to hear what you come up with.

As well as the post vouchers for 2 off 10 we am have some 2 off 10 till spits. Does anyone know if these can be used together and if so what the pre discounts spend needs to be? Ta
    Cool heads and compromise
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Nov 18, 6:01 PM
    • 3,536 Posts
    • 36,625 Thanks
    pippo

Just popping in on a sleepless night.

Hoping you are all well & have cupboards full of Oven Baked crisps, tuna & Christmas loo rolls
    My very good friends tweets and Glyndwr are keeping me up to date with kindness & must not misses

My life is all angst & woe as we are reaching the end of a heart breaking 18 months of trying to save That Sister
    Her cancer is too aggressive to be slain by chemotherapy.
    So the time wasted last year chasing alternative therapies didn't make any different.

She even opted to have her tongue & voice box removed as the last option to save her life, we went for the results on Friday & it can't be done, it has spread to her muscle & bone so that is it. Finite,

The cancer has won

The next few months will tear my heart to pieces & I must do my very best to make them memorable for her.

Parents are coming up for a complete family Christmas to remember

Bestest Llovelies - wishing you well with all my heart xxx
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Oh Snap - no words .....

Just xxxxxx for you all.
    Froctober!
    Actual money spent 84.72
    Less
    Winnings 23.60
    plus Q + TCB wins - 3.90 plus cash for clothes 2.89, Swipe & win Nectar points - 3600 - NSDs - 21!
    Had some very different meals, but how come the freezer is still full?
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Nov 18, 6:02 PM
    • 3,536 Posts
    • 36,625 Thanks
    pippo
    Could not read and Run after reading snaps very sad news. I am so very very sorry that it has come to this . What an amazing person you are as usual putting everyone first and making sure that everyone has the good times ahead to remember. Please take some time for you and remember you are much loved by the elite so if you need to vent or some support there are a lot of people here for you. Take care and lots of love and hugs xxxxxxx
    Originally posted by rhosynbach
    Well said rhoys
    Froctober!
    Actual money spent 84.72
    Less
    Winnings 23.60
    plus Q + TCB wins - 3.90 plus cash for clothes 2.89, Swipe & win Nectar points - 3600 - NSDs - 21!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Nov 18, 6:04 PM
    • 3,536 Posts
    • 36,625 Thanks
    pippo
    Xmas loo rolls still scanning at 36p.

In an Extra store

Originally posted by izzeyb
    Wish I could find some
    Froctober!
    Actual money spent 84.72
    Less
    Winnings 23.60
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Nov 18, 6:05 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    Be interested to hear what you come up with.

As well as the post vouchers for 2 off 10 we am have some 2 off 10 till spits. Does anyone know if these can be used together and if so what the pre discounts spend needs to be? Ta
    Originally posted by michaels
    If you get a till spit for 2 wys 10 it works on this combination

weekend newspaper - Times or Telegraph we usually get
    latte worth 2.20 or suchlike
    2 magazine worth 4
    plus between 2 and 4 of shopping depending on the npaper - if its Saturday or Sunday

I still struggle to find things for 2 - usually its a cashback item
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Nov 18, 6:06 PM
    • 3,536 Posts
    • 36,625 Thanks
    pippo
    Note it is spend by 6pm rather than the normal midnight and excludes 3bay again .

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Oh begger .. too late!
    Froctober!
    Actual money spent 84.72
    Less
    Winnings 23.60
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,574Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin