Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,710Posts
    • 37,214Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2540
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Oct 18, 9:58 PM
    • 52,996 Posts
    • 628,868 Thanks
    bubbs
    Just popping in to say hello
    Moved tonnes today , didnt have tea till 8 ish i was starving
    Back to it again tomorrow
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 4 lb
    • Busylizzie
    • By Busylizzie 13th Oct 18, 10:22 PM
    • 2,778 Posts
    • 41,477 Thanks
    Busylizzie
    Good Evening

Long time no see!!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Oct 18, 10:39 PM
    • 26,796 Posts
    • 322,454 Thanks
    davemorton
    Just popping in to say hello
    Moved tonnes today , didnt have tea till 8 ish i was starving
    Back to it again tomorrow
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Its harder than you think, moving. Its amazing how much stuff you have when you have to box it up and move it!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 13th Oct 18, 10:52 PM
    • 52,996 Posts
    • 628,868 Thanks
    bubbs
    Its harder than you think, moving. Its amazing how much stuff you have when you have to box it up and move it!
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I know and cause we didnt really plan it, well we did but didnt expect it to happen straight away but least there is n rush, have to Jan 6th but want it finished in a couple of weeks before weather really changes.
    Charity shop has done well and a charity thing my sister is doing at xmas has loads of raffle prizes f new stuff i didnt want/need
    Surprised im still awake tbf , was in bed 9.30 last night
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 4 lb
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 13th Oct 18, 10:54 PM
    • 26,796 Posts
    • 322,454 Thanks
    davemorton
    I know and cause we didnt really plan it, well we did but didnt expect it to happen straight away but least there is n rush, have to Jan 6th but want it finished in a couple of weeks before weather really changes.
    Charity shop has done well and a charity thing my sister is doing at xmas has loads of raffle prizes f new stuff i didnt want/need
    Surprised im still awake tbf , was in bed 9.30 last night
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Think I totally stocked my local hospice shop when I moved.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 13th Oct 18, 11:57 PM
    • 452 Posts
    • 3,856 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    I would just say that I'd changed my mind and I didn't want it anymore. I doubt I'd get into trouble for putting a free magazine back onto the shelf!
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th Oct 18, 7:20 AM
    • 30,257 Posts
    • 431,555 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 14th Oct 18, 7:25 AM
    • 565 Posts
    • 9,300 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Good morning shopmates
    Thinking of you cjj - hope things are a little better today x

Someone is having a Sunday morning lie-in:

I'm in "Partial remission"
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 14th Oct 18, 7:31 AM
    • 3,474 Posts
    • 51,374 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning everyone. Happy Sunday
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 14th Oct 18, 8:29 AM
    • 2,968 Posts
    • 38,978 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good morning Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so. ((cjj))

Thankfully the wind has dropped. Hopefully everyone's outside possessions are where they left them!

Just putting the kettle on if anyone fancies a cuppa..........
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller

Froctober: 18.47 NSD 12/31
    • tweets
    • By tweets 14th Oct 18, 8:31 AM
    • 30,257 Posts
    • 431,555 Thanks
    tweets
    NineTails was yesterday's smartest player!

20 players played

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Sunday): General Knowledge 1 : Very Easy
    Lost 3st-9.5lb
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 14th Oct 18, 8:56 AM
    • 20,206 Posts
    • 214,126 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, wet and rainy here, so dull it feels like I need the light on.

Think I'll take you up on that cuppa Pacifica

Thinking of you cjj, you have a home here, have a rather inappropriate cuddle

Running late, probably due to the lack of brightness in the sky, but it really does not matter as I will still be able to clear the kitchen cupboards, doesn't take that long.

Could someone let me know what time M&S does their whoopsies on a Sunday please, don't normally have chance to go whoopsying but today I can so it might as well be M&S whoopsies
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 14th Oct 18, 9:03 AM
    • 4,273 Posts
    • 47,052 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Sunday.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 14th Oct 18, 9:11 AM
    • 4,123 Posts
    • 56,111 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all, wet and rainy here, so dull it feels like I need the light on.

Running late, probably due to the lack of brightness in the sky, but it really does not matter as I will still be able to clear the kitchen cupboards, doesn't take that long.

Could someone let me know what time M&S does their whoopsies on a Sunday please, don't normally have chance to go whoopsying but today I can so it might as well be M&S whoopsies
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Ours does last round about 30 mins before closing but they are staggered in percentage from about 2pm Closes 5pm
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 14th Oct 18, 9:19 AM
    • 4,123 Posts
    • 56,111 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

A nice autumnal day just now DH is going to work as the high winds scuppered two small jobs last week

Me, well I am having a cuppa from the lovely Pacifica before embarking on more tidying It really should be a cull of the freezers which I never really get sorted We shall see

Tonight will be a fish supper as babysitting and they eat at 5pm Way to early for us Later we are bringing the dog home with us for a wee sleepover Lovely, it snores worse than me

Take care and Cjj remember we are here for you
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 14th Oct 18, 9:23 AM
    • 2,968 Posts
    • 38,978 Thanks
    pacifica9

Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Always a pleasure Enterprise.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller

• pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 14th Oct 18, 9:26 AM
    • 2,968 Posts
    • 38,978 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good morning all

A nice autumnal day just now DH is going to work as the high winds scuppered two small jobs last week

Me, well I am having a cuppa from the lovely Pacifica before embarking on more tidying It really should be a cull of the freezers which I never really get sorted We shall see

Tonight will be a fish supper as babysitting and they eat at 5pm Way to early for us Later we are bringing the dog home with us for a wee sleepover Lovely, it snores worse than me

Take care and Cjj remember we are here for you
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Good morning Mrs M. Freshly brewed.

• diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 14th Oct 18, 9:32 AM
    • 3,987 Posts
    • 40,594 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Can you do this scan the mags thing each time you go to W's
    Just come back from a mini trip to Kent and was near a W's so popped in got 2 mags, asked for coffee and bought a few things to take it up to10. So wondering if I can do this again
    tia
    Originally posted by gocat
    It was mentioned the other day I think by zippy that you can

I have "a few" too - I always (briefly ) feel guilty getting the magazines, removing the vouchers and recycling them. Same with W .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Me too, I hate waste of any kind, I've been looking at ecobricks as a way of recycling unrecyclable plastics, at least the paper can be recycled. I think maybe we should ask ourselves how badly we want the free crisps i suppose

I just keep one copy of the W magazine and put the rest back once I've been through the till!
    Originally posted by Freewheeling
    I left mine on the side of the self scan, im sure it will have been put back on the shelf. Yes I'm grateful for the 2 off my shopping but I couldn't take it and dump it, it goes against all of my recycling/ wastage beliefs
    Cash in purse 20.96 Paypal credit 99.66 Cashback 14.80
    Froctober 42.56 NSD 9/31
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 14th Oct 18, 9:35 AM
    • 2,968 Posts
    • 38,978 Thanks
    pacifica9
    A productive morning so far. Swapped my home insurance to Axa - no cashback but saved 50% on renewal quote from current provider - plus extended my meerkats. Then switched energy provider. I've gone with Pure Planet - they are quite new and no feedback yet via the MSE Energy Club but no exit fees so I figured worth a try as I will now be green for less than I was paying on my current fix (which runs out shortly and everyone else was more expensive.). Will see how it goes.

• fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 14th Oct 18, 9:38 AM
    • 7,366 Posts
    • 60,621 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    It was mentioned the other day I think by zippy that you can

Me too, I hate waste of any kind, I've been looking at ecobricks as a way of recycling unrecyclable plastics, at least the paper can be recycled. I think maybe we should ask ourselves how badly we want the free crisps i suppose

I left mine on the side of the self scan, im sure it will have been put back on the shelf. Yes I'm grateful for the 2 off my shopping but I couldn't take it and dump it, it goes against all of my recycling/ wastage beliefs
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Ive never heard of ecobricks. It is confusing as to what plastics can be recycled, I wish companies would just use all recyclable.
    Ive also been recycling clean plastic bags in the Sainsburys bag bank thing, I read (think on here) they take any bags not just carriers.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,532Posts Today

8,006Users online

Martin's Twitter